mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Teacher Application Form - Lizzythewombat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, Its your friendly neighborhood wombat here requesting to become a teacher! So, the following statements ( Also I am sorry that I posted this is the wrong section before. Mr Ark told me about where to sign up but I didn't ask what sub folder I had to go into to. He only told me I had to create a thread. Ill do the other questions as well. Sorry for the inconvenience I had created)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IGN (In Game Name): Lizzy_The_Wombat
Previous Bans -
I do not think I have ever been banned on the old map or the new map

Do you have TeamSpeaks? -
No, Sadly I do not, But I can always get it

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?:
Yes

Do you have a microphone? -
I do, but its not very good

List your current and past applications:
The application I put in the wrong spot and an application to become a teacher from a year or two ago

Have you read the mega-thread for Teachers? -
Yes, Multiple Times

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do?

I would fill out an application in the School Field Trip section of the forums.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:

The students must do as I instruct. I wouldn't allow students to speak whilst i'm talking but whilst they are doing their activity's as long as they are still working I would allow speaking. (They would have to speak at a reasonable level though) Questions will almost always be welcomed as long as they ask after I finish what I am saying/instructing
If people don't listen its their fault. I wont go over what I said twice

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): On multiple occasions I have helped my teachers on breaks. During lunch I will tend to help a teacher organize their files, clean the classroom, set up materials on desks such as tests and will write instructions on the board.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS)
Head of Department (HD)

Have you read & understood the mega thread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? -
Yes, I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? -

I don't think there is much to improve on the server, but I would try to make learning a lot more enjoyable for the students and make them understand more about the subject I teach

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. -

Teachers basically give their students important information that they will need when they are out in the world, relying on themselves. I also know that high school teachers need to Complete a Bachelor's Degree to become a teacher. In game teachers earn 250000¥ monthly, but in real life the average teacher earns around $45-50,000 per year. Without teachers, is there really a school?

Why are teachers important to a School RP server:

SchoolRp is a server that happens to be a sort of safe haven for people of any gender, sexuality, age, religion or race and without students, the school cant really be a real school.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee (Trainee): Trainee is the newest you can get, you're only Trainee for a small amount of time. As a trainee, you do not have permission to start up classes. You must come into classes,come into lessons and sit down ,make sure to ask them first, and start to learn from them.

Newly Qualified Teacher (NQT): You are now more advanced than a trainee teacher and you have the proper qualifications to start a lesson. But before the teaching begins you have to check the roleplay documents to see what you're suppose to be teaching. If there are no lessons that have been planned yet then tell another teacher. You don't have to follow lesson plans by the book, but it is very necessary that you cover some key parts mentioned in it.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills (QTLS): As a QTLS you're a normal teacher now. You can freely plan and start a lesson now but you must discuss and organize when the lesson will take place with other teachers. You're allowed to let trainee's into your class, but you can not begin teaching them yet.

Head of Department (HD): It's highly unlikely to reach this stage, but if HD is already taken, you can be offered the place of Co-HD. As HD you have the option to decide what's lessons your department is going to teach. If you want to get even higher than HD you can apply for Senior Leadership Team as well.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The MoSCo system. MoSCo stands for Must have, Should have, and Could have.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

Chiaki Tanaka is a twenty-six year old female that has dark brown hair and tends to wear her grey top, black leggings and other dark themed clothing items. She is extremely passionate about keeping other people in shape and educating her students, mainly because as a child she wasn't treated properly in her school. Despite loving athletics, she isn't the most athletic person in the world. She can do most things above a average level, but has massive issues with swimming since she is afraid of drowning. She tends to by slightly shy around individuals, but when talking to a group she has no issue being her normal, slightly weird self and speaking up clearly. She is quite self conscious of her height, mostly because she is only 4'6. Even though as a child her education system was the best, she is educated quite well.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would give the students a warning and request they stop if they do not want a detention. If they continue, They will be given a detention

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

I would patiently wait for them to settle down, but if they don't I will shorten the amount of time they have to complete either an assignment or article of homework.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?

Chiaki would ask the others how they are doing, if they have any questions of planning a class and afterwards she would swiftly get back to work.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

(Since I want Chiaki to teach either one class or two classes, I will give five examples to each subject)

Cooking -

/me She reached into a drawer and pulled out a whisk, smiling widely and quickly telling the students to do the same. She poured milk into the bowl with the other ingredients, And once again told the students to do so

/me She walked around to each students work station where the students sat and gave them the recipe that was required for the current subject.

/me She dismissed the children as they ran of to their break. She then cleaned up the remaining mess from the students before she began walking up to her next class area, seeing that she didn't have a lot of time left to eat

/me She had passed out the tests to her students, giving them each a 2-B pencil. She told them the amount of time needed for the test to be completed and sat at her desk happily as the clock ticked

/me She calmly awaited the children to become silent, after waiting for roughly two minutes the students stopped and she got back to work

PE/Sports/Health -

/me She ran around the track swiftly, showing the students where they had to run

/me She handed a test sheet to each of the students, giving them a pencil and eraser just in case one student made a mistake

/me She quickly rushed over to one of her students that fell over and made sure that they were not seriously injured.

/me After explaining that the students needed to warm up, she began doing jumping jacks, gesturing for the students to copy her

/me Once she had explained the dangers of cigarettes to her students, she opened a document with a chart showing how much a pack a day would cost.

BACKSTORY

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and his/her previous life -

Chiaki grew up in Japan and for a small portion of her life she went to a very exclusive private school. Her mother and father worked constantly and she only really saw them on special occasions such as Christmas, but never her birthdays. It was merely because work was deemed way too important. Because she never saw her parents, she was raised by people such as maids and butlers, but since she wasn't really good at stuff socially, her only friends were people such as teachers and workers. One day her mother came home with tears streaming down her face. At her age, she didnt really think much of it, but she still went to her mothers room and made sure she was happy. Her mother had lost her job that day. She began seeing her mother a lot more often and was quite happy, but her mother never really seemed happy. A few months after her mother lost her job her father came home extremely mad and attacked her mother, injuring her badly. In reality, her father was a owner of a large company and earlier that day he was exposed for embellishment.
After awaiting trail he was found guilty and sent off to jail. When Chiaki turned five she was pulled out of her expensive school and moved out of her large house into a small two bedroom apartment. The mother had to choose between food or a good education for her child, but she decided food was more important.
Chiaki was put into a school that was ran by a old women and retrieved little to no education. In her school, she was constantly bullied for her lack of social skills. This made her have an alternate personality and triggered multiple personality disorder. She takes pills for her condition and rarely ever changes personality unless she is presented with the same conditions she went through as a child.
She decided that before she was thirty, she would make sure her mother lived a better life, A life where she didn't have to choose between food or rent. She also wanted to make sure nobody ever had to go to a school where education is almost nonexistent.
After working multiple jobs to make enough money for her education she retrieved her degrees and applied for a job at a wonderful high school. She nervously waited to see if she was accepted or not.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Chiaki Yori Tanaka
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Chiaki Tanaka
Preferred Name: Chiaki

Religious Denomination: Not in any religion.
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 8
Working Experience (# of years): 4

Academic Degree: Bachelor of Science (Food Technology), Bachelor of Science (Physical Education)

Year of Graduation: 2008
Major(s): Food, Psychical Education
Minors: Psychology and Art

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: None

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No
Preferred Teaching Subject: Either Food Tech or P.E

Thanks so much for taking the time to read my application form! Once again I am so sorry and I should have investigated more into where I should have posted my application the first time!

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Accepted
You have met the requirements to be a teacher
You will be accepted to be a Food Tech teacher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread