mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Teacher Application (iicloudy_days)

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: iicloudy_days

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
allishio#6635

How old are you? (Optional): N/A

What is your time zone?: CST; Central Standard Time

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I completely understand this. If you host classes frequently, students will get a better understanding of what you're teaching. Thus, students will experience a better education if you're more active.

Describe your activity on the server: I've been on this server since the beginning of last year. Since then, I have been online for several hours each day. From time to time, I might take a short break if I'm traveling or not feeling well. Though, I try my best staying active on both the server and forums every single day.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I have never been banned.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

English Teacher Application x3 (Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/english-teacher-application.37411/

English Teacher Application x2 (Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/english-teacher-application.37250/

English Teacher Application x1 (Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/english-teacher-application.37233//

Math Teacher Subject Change (Accepted)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/math-teacher-subject-change.27451/

Mail Suggestion (Pending)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/mail-suggestion.27394/

Sous-Chef Application (Denied)
https://schoolrp.net/threads/sous-chef-application.26297/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
My character is currently an 18-year-old in 12th grade.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?: I am applying to be a Math Teacher.

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: I would like to become a teacher in real life, so this could really inspire me. Furthermore, I feel that I would make a responsible and helpful teacher. For example, if a student were breaking school rules, I would give them a reasonable warning. If they kept breaking school rules after this warning, it will result in detention. This shows that I am capable of taking full responsibility as a teacher. Not only am I responsible, but I'm also helpful towards students. For example, if someone needed help on their homework, I would obviously provide as much assistance as needed. The student will then realize their mistakes and learn from them. Overall, I feel like I could make a good teacher and take another step.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Class logs are your classes that get recorded. These are important because it determines your payment and how many classes you hosted for that month.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: First, I would ask the principal or head of school staff for permission to host the field trip. Next period, I would start a class and let the students sit down patiently and quietly. I'd tell the students where we are going and let them ask any questions. Once they are done with their questions, I would give them information about the location and how they should behave. Once we get to the location, I would grab out a checklist of students that were in class that period. If anyone were missing, I would kick the student from class and include it in the class log. I would restate the rules for the field trip before we start looking at anything. I would then share some interesting facts about the location. When I'm finished, I would let the students follow me. For each interesting view, I would describe its history or something special about the object or area. We would make our way back to the classroom when it's almost time for next period. I would dismiss the class and log their progress.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. No distractions.
If you get too distracted by something in class, this may result in a lack of knowledge.

2. No talking over the teacher. This is absolutely disrespectful to me and others who are trying to learn.

3. No physical abuse. If this occurs in my classroom, you immediately get detention. You will also be sent to the principal's office to work your argument out.

4. Sit at an available desk. If you disobey this rule after multiple warnings, you will be kicked out of the classroom.

5. Leaving the classroom. Before you ask to leave, you're going to give me the reason. If that reason is acceptable, you may go and come back within 3-5 minutes. If you don't give me a valid reason, you will have to stay in the classroom.

6. No inappropriate performances inside the classroom. If this happens, you will be kicked out and sent to detention.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: Before I started roleplaying on the server, I have done roleplays which were unprofessional. Once I discovered this server and played it continuously, I started understanding the concept of roleplaying. After playing on this server for a little less than a year, I've been so tied up with it that I'm now capable of serious roleplay.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: This is the highest rank a teacher can receive. If you own this rank, you are responsible of your own subject. You will also have the authority to check progress of NQTs, and sometimes QTs.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher Learning & Skills
↳ Description: If you own this rank, you are more experienced and trusted as a teacher. You are above NQTs, however you do not check their progress. You will still require guidance from HD teachers, but not as much as NQTs.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Usually, you start out with this rank. This means that you're a less experienced teacher. You will also receive guidance from HD teachers. However, you are trusted enough to host classes regularly.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are ensured to give students a proper education. The knowledge transferred from teachers will impact a student's intelligence. Intelligence will increase your chances of acceptance into a college or career. It's also important for real-world situations. For example, in math class, you may learn how to count money. If you worked at a cash register, you would have to give an exact amount of change to a customer. As I mentioned earlier, your intelligence will increase your chances of acceptance into a college. If you don't have enough intelligence, you will most likely fail. If this happens, you won't get into a good career. Therefore, teachers are very important for your future.

On the server, you are paid monthly depending on the number of classes you host. If you hosted a normal 15 classes that month, you will be paid 450,000 yen. If you host an additional 10 classes, you will be paid 50,000 yen extra. In real life, elementary and middle school teachers make an average of $56,420 per year. High school teachers would make an average of $58,170 per year. (Since I researched this, I couldn't find the monthly payment.)

In order for students to get better grades, teachers can develop different methods of studying. These methods include articles, pop quizzes, videos, study guides, and maybe more. If you study with these different methods often, you will become more clever. The more you practice a topic, the easier it will get. Therefore, studying will help with your grades.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Schools exist because they help you learn. At school, teachers are the ones educating you. Without teachers, you wouldn't get a proper education. In addition, you couldn't really call your server a SchoolRP if you don't have teachers.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The school on this server works on the 'MoSCo' lesson planning system, which stands for must-have, should have, could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does she look like? What makes her unique and different? What is her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is her personality like? What is her plan for the future?

Looks:

Rachel Madge Dankworth has long, wavy brown hair with gray streaks. She would have dark blue eyes, pale skin, and stand at 5 feet 6 inches. She has a simple fashion sense with a sweet and sarcastic personality.

Personality:

As stated in the previous paragraph, Rachel has a sweet and sarcastic personality. As a teacher, she loves helping students and making them feel satisfied in class. She usually gives detention after multiple warnings. Though, if a serious problem occurs, it will result in an immediate detention. Moreover, she likes to socialize and collaborate with other teachers. I would definitely consider Rachel an extrovert.

How she treats students:

As stated in the previous paragraph, Rachel loves helping students and making them feel satisfied. For example, if someone didn't make a passing grade on the test, I would give them as much assistance as needed. This will show me what they're having trouble with, and what I can do to help them. To make the students satisfied, I wouldn't put them under much pressure. For example, pressuring students won't make their grades any better. Instead, I would reassure them to try their hardest. If they're getting bad grades in general, I would go over the topics they need help with. Furthermore, Rachel doesn't like shouting at her students. This could give students an earache, or maybe even put them under pressure. However, if students are constantly misbehaving, Rachel would have to yell to make them stop.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: First, I would let the delinquents explain their actions. After they contribute their explanations, I would give them a fair warning. If I catch them repeating this mistake, I would give them another warning along with a threat to the principal's office. If I catch them repeating their actions once more, I would send them to the principal's office to figure out their punishment.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: First, I would try making loud noises to catch their attention. These loud noises will consist of banging, shouting, and clapping. If neither of these work, I will try turning the lights off. Since they are hesitant with hearing, they will surely pay attention once the lights are off. Though, some students may not care. Consequently, I would have to shake their arms. Again, since they are hesitant with hearing, shaking their arms might work. If they still don't care, I would have to kick those students from class. Since they are refusing to listen, I don't need them wasting time during class.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Usually, Rachel only goes to the teacher's lounge for snacks, supplies, or comfort. When another teacher walks in, she would delight them with a smile or wave. Whenever a teacher wants to talk, she would be happy to make conversation. As a teacher, she acts like herself but more professional. Whenever she's alone, she usually likes to get stuff done.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me would stand in front of the room, holding a heavy stack of notebooks. She would be moving constantly, preventing herself from falling. Some of the notebooks would fall, making loud thuds on the wooden floor. The whole stack of notebooks eventually tipped over, causing the room to shake.

/me would observe the stack of papers on her desk, getting prepared to grade them. She would grab a thick, red marker from her bucket. She'd grab a piece of paper, holding it with both of her hands. While holding it close to her face, she would spot many errors. With a concerned look, she would make a note, telling the student what they need to work on.

/me would unlock the chest, looking for one notebook in particular. Looking confused as to where it went, she would unlock another chest. Not finding the notebook there, she rolled her eyes and grabbed a new notebook. She slumped into her chair, having to rewrite the quiz she had planned for hours. Since she couldn't remember anything she wrote, she started sweating rapidly.

/me would patiently stand at the door, waiting for all students to leave the room. She would hold the door open with one hand, greeting students with waves and smiles. She'd eventually have her legs crossed with her arm falling asleep, looking as if she were tired.

Backstory

Rachel Madge Dankworth was born in September of 1991. As a child, she absolutely loved roleplaying as a teacher. This is because she wanted to imagine her possible future. Her inspiration was her dad, Malachi Dankworth. Malachi was an English teacher for high school, and his work was interesting. He always had great stories to share with Rachel. Once Rachel started going to school, she had grown more and more inspiration.

While Rachel was in class one day, listening to her teacher, she thought to herself: "What if that was me up there? What if I got to make these assignments? What if the students loved me? What if I could educate students like my teacher?" The thoughts in Rachel's head made her so eager for growing up and teaching like her father. Rachel's favorite subject was Math, so she wanted to be a Math teacher.

When the time has come, Rachel had to find a high school. Before Malachi retired, he worked at a school by the name of Karakura High. When Rachel remembered this, she decided to sign up for it. On her first day, she met so many kind people. Everyone was behaving, the teachers were sweet, and the school was overall amazing. Rachel was still interested in becoming a Math teacher, so this inspired her even more.

Due to medical conditions, Rachel's father had passed away. Unfortunately, this was right before her graduation. In memory of her beloved father, Rachel decided to apply as a Math teacher at Karakura High. This tragedy was heartbreaking, but she wanted to make her father proud.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Rachel M. Dankworth
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Annalise Dankworth, Malachi Dankworth
Preferred Name: Miss Rachel or Miss Dankworth

Age (Minimum is 27): 29
Religious Denomination: Atheist
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: British
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): I'm pretty sure it was for a few months, I'm not entirely sure.
Working Experience (# of years): Other than my teaching experience, none.

Academic Degree: Bachelors Degree in Math
Year of Graduation: 2012
Major(s): Spanish, English, Drama, Math, Art
Minors: Creative Media

Native Languages: English
Other Languages: Spanish, Italian

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No, I do not have this.

Extra

Additional notes about your application: N/A

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Maths Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread