mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Teacher Application

sunfaeriie

Level 0
What is your Minecraft username?: sunfaeriie

Do you have Discord: etiquette#9821

How old are you?: I am fourteen years old.

What is your time zone?: AEST.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: I completely acknowledge and understand that. It’s very reasonable actually- since you need the teachers to actually TEACH regularly.

Describe your activity on the server: I'm online on SRP nearly everyday for at least 5-6 hours or more.

Do you have any previous bans?: I have a single, two week ban. But since then I haven’t made a mistake similar since. And I’d love to prove that I wont again- over time.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Item request | SchoolRP | Item request | Accepted

College Application | SchoolRP | College application | Accepted

Italian application | SchoolRP | Italian application | Accepted

Professor Application | SchoolRP | Professor Application | Denied

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level): I’m in college, degree and 20 years old.

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
I'm passionate about Roleplay, meaning that the experiences are important to me. I’d love to be an educator in Karakura because of the environment, It would connect with more fellow roleplayer’s. And it would challenge me, ever since I found SRP I haven't been able to stay away, I’ve met so many kind people and it’s truly changed my life. I know some would say Minecraft is just a game, but games bring people together- and make things fun. I want to become a more professional Roleplayer, it’s something that's been sitting in my heart for so long. I have had many doubts, but now I'm finally deciding to push past them- my motivation includes proving something to myself. Proving that I can take on more than I used to believe I could, I think this possible opportunity can be my beginning to a further representation of my skill. If I became a teacher, another motivation of mine would be to do my best to keep a good reputation for high school students. For as high school students, most are preparing to go into college so they need to learn early on the right behaviors and such. It’s a Teachers job to keep them in shape and order- making sure they know general disrespect of the school and learning is not appropriate and very punishable. I thought and think to myself that it would be fun to have that type of responsibility and be able to prove to my fellow staff that I'm serious about this job and roleplaying in a good manner.
What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?: Teacher class logs are how you see what classes you’ve completed. It’s important so SRP staff know I'm actually doing my job and so I know I’ve down the amount of classes needed. How could somebody simply just do classes and not keep track of how much they’ve done, or how much they need to do? I would always keep my logs updated.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?:
I’d first talk to the heads of the school, making sure it’s okay for me to plan the field trip at all. And if it was, I’d organise some booklets and hand them out to the students, requesting they take the booklet home and ask for parents permission, even if they're eighteen- it would be required for the parents to support the decision. Next class I’d collect data and figure out who’s coming to the trip and who’s not, at this point I’d have the whole trip prepared and some fun ready and in store! At this point, I’d take the students allowed to come and lead them to the train- paying for all their tickets and moving along to the trip’s location.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

- Once you enter the classroom you must be prepared to pay attention to the lesson.

- If you want to ask a question or make a comment, you must raise your hand first- I assure you you’ll be able to speak after I’ve finished my sentences.

- Stay seated at all times, unless quickly moving to a better spot for yourself.

- Aim to finish your work, you're here to be educated and hopefully have fun but your work is important.

- Follow my directions throughout the classes session.

- Be respectful and kind to your peers.

- Tell me if you have any suggestions on how I teach or speak to you, I'm always willing to improve in ways I’m needed and appreciate the input.

- No yelling inside the classroom, or you’ll be kicked.

What experience, in general, do you have in Roleplay?:
I’ve been roleplaying for years of my life- though in SRP it’s much different, since the whole setting of the server is REVOLVED around Roleplay. So I’d probably say I have roughly 4 months of experience and in that time I have logged on basically everyday, for many joyful hours.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: (Head of Department)

- QT: (Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills)

- NQT: (Newly Qualified Teacher)

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general: Teachers play a vital role in assuring the education of others.
They're tasked with keeping students in check, ensuring the safety of students and making sure they are getting the education they need. Teachers are required to pay close attention to their student's work, observing if the way they are being taught is working for the student or not. Teachers are required to have an immense amount of patience and tolerance both in-game and out-of-game.
The most successful people in the world learned from their teachers. Teachers, in a way, are tasked with 'raising' the student. Teachers must also make sure that the student is taught proper manners, as to not upset anyone in a huge crowd or in front of a school staff higher-up. Without teachers, the world would not revolve as smoothly as it does. Teachers receive 450,000 yen upon meeting the standard of hosting 15 classes per month. They receive bonuses by holding a particular amount of extra classes. Teachers are meant to teach with dignity and pride, but not so prideful that they can not admit when they are wrong. Teachers are not meant to be perfect, as that would be holding students to an unrealistic standard with unrealistic expectations in an aspect. In their free time, they are free to do as they please, though are required to remain appropriate and not disruptive to the environment around them.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
The name “School” is in the name, a main attraction of the server is the school and frankly the school just makes things even more enjoyable! Teachers are important for classes to be held and so students can have certain Roleplay experiences. It’s a teacher’s job to make sure the classes are professional and well organised. So students can have a lovely time and look forward to coming back for another class.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The School's Lesson planning system is organised to revolve around an everyday importance for the students learning. Figuring out what the students must have, what they should have and what they could have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?:
Taeyang is a Asian girl, standing tall at the height of 5’6 and weighing roughly 137lbs. Her hair is a light and calming looking purple, with a silky texture. The length of her hair would move down to under her chest, sitting nicely in front of her. Her complexion is a light brown blessed from her Brazilian side of the family.
You’d always see her wearing something nerdy and creative- carrying around her small sketchbook. She is an imaginative person, which is why her life led her to wanting to teach English. As anyone looks into her eyes, they’d drown in the deep blue- her beauty generally shines all around.
Taeyang is a very kind and welcoming person with a sarcastic edge, if anyone can take a joke it’s her. Though she knows the right time and place for proper goofing around, since she takes a lot of what she does seriously when needed or expected too. She is good at talking to people, even if she isn't constantly around anyone else but her best friend Nikolai. She sees the world as some type of story, so instead of joining in on conversations she observes them and tries to write an ending of what could happen in her head. She adores teaching people, but especially the younger youth of Karakura- it doesn't matter how many times a student doesn't understand something. As long as she can see they're really trying, she will do her best to help the work be understood. Taeyang would get along with the other teachers nicely, she admires others who commit a part of their lives to teach people and help them. Supporting her students for a while of her life is a major goal she has, but she’s also preparing for her further future as well. She wants to get a lovely apartment, find a lover, settle down and hopefully have some children.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Taeyang would first memorise their faces, while walking over to them firmly. Once over I’d have a serious look on my face, giving them a straight warning and talking down. Though If they didn't comply, I’d place them under detention for a period or two and look out for more bad behavior- alerting other teachers of it.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Taeyang would get the class's attention and speak up with a higher tone, stating that their behavior is not appropriate and that they need to quiet down. If that behavior continued- she’d talk them all down and get very stern, making them sit in a minute or so in complete silence before starting the lesson again, not allowing them to talk unless it’s a whisper.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Taeyang would be hopeful to get to know the other teachers well, but she’d want them to know her real self. Not completely though, as she believes some professionalism even when in the lounge is important, but she’d be honest and emotional with the teachers most of the time. Admitting to her fears and noting how she does her best to strive through them and move forwards.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me: *She’d walk to the front of the class and smile brightly at her students, taking a light bow before going forwards to begin passing out booklets.*

/me: *Slowly Taeyang writes on the board, drawing out a title stating “Poetry” she’d then go below the title and jot down some dots underneath each other. Turning back towards the class and smiling softly at them.*

/me: *She’d walk around the classroom slowly, looking out at the students- watching for any type of struggle. Suddenly she stops at a desk and looks down to see what her student is presenting in their work.*

/me: *She closes the door and walks around the classroom a bit, waiting for her students to be seated. Smiling with passion as she makes it to the front of everybody’s desks.*

Backstory
Young Taeyang was born in the location of South Korea, with her mother and father present at the birth. As she grew older it came a time that her father was deployed to San Francisco, leaving his wife and two daughters in Korea. Her father ended up dying due to a weapons testing experiment, ceasing money coming into the Kim household. Taeyang’s sister ended up learning Japanese and teaching her sister overtime of the Japanese, Korean and Brazilian languages, along with Korean dialects and slight accents. Later the two Kim sisters found out that their mother was dying from a development of bone marrow disease. The treatment that could have saved their mothers life was too expensive to pay for and they couldn't find any family at the time for assistance. As her mother was dying, Taeyang and her sister had to look after her everyday at the age of just 17.
Taeyang and her sister got closer to the age of eighteen, but in that time Miss Kim sadly passed away. After all the suffering, Taeyang and her sister lived together and got decent jobs- keeping a roof over their heads. Little time passed by and Taeyang wanted to aim for her dreams and turn herself into a better type of story. For even through all her troubles- she constantly craved light and had full motivation to keep living on due to looking after her sister and supporting her close friends. She went into college and studied hard, finishing her majors and minor- pouring constant types of Creative education into her brain. Words can't express how much she enjoys putting her emotions into her work. She couldn't wait to one day be a teacher or professor, helping other students to express themselves as well. This was the life she desired, with much more along the way.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details:

Full Name: Taeyang Kim.

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Kim.

Given Name(s): Tae tae.

Preferred Name: Tae.

Age (Minimum is 27): 28

Religious Denomination: N/A

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: Korean and Brazilian.

Current Location: Karakura, Japan.

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 4

Working Experience (# of years): 6

Academic Degree: Literacy science.

Year of Graduation: 22.

Major(s): Writing, Literature and Creative writing.

Minors: Poetry and Teaching.

Native Languages:
(I'm planning on applying for Korean and replacing it with Italian) Korean

Other Languages: Brazilian (I’ll also be applying for Brazilian.)

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

Preferred Teaching Subject: English.

Extra: N/A

Additional notes about your application (if any):
I made a professor application and it got denied, but I was told by the admin to try applying here instead- I checked to see if it was okay for me to copy some things off my former application and they said yes, so here I am!

Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of English Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications. There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Notes:
-I would've preferred you to fully describe the role of each teaching position rather than just mentioning what the acronym stands for. Aside from that, I look forward to attending your lessons.​

Users who are viewing this thread