Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Joel.#7672

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do, and it works fine.

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
BST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I acknowledge this and understand completely.

Describe your activity on the server:
I would say I'm a fairly active player in the community, I'm on most days for a few hours (4+)

Do you have any previous bans?:
I do not, however, I do have 1 warning for flooding chat which I will make sure to not repeat.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.38220/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application.38223/ - Accepted

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Jilting - age 18, suspended.
Yartos - Grade 12.

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
Performing arts (Drama)

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation for becoming a teacher is to experience a new type of roleplay. This being teaching, I would like to see the other side of being an actual student in school and be able to host classes of my own.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
I completely understand this and will do my best whilst attending the training.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The teacher class logs are where teachers are to log their classes each time they host. This is important so SLT is able to keep track of which teachers are doing their jobs and to spot if anyone is being inactive.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. No electronics whilst the class is in progress, this is a distraction to the student as well as their peers around them.

2. Be respectful to the school employees as well as other students at all times. This is the same for other people's property/equipment.

3. Don’t eat food during class.

4. If a student would like to speak they must raise their hand and not talk over others.

5. No violence or discrimination towards others.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I’d say I have good experience in roleplay, I've experienced different types of roleplays and understand how most work.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD
↳ Meaning: Head of Department

↳ Description: Basically, being head of a department means that they are very skilled and well-trained teachers who oversee any other classes in a set subject. Also, the HD may sometimes assist other new or even old teachers with their classes to make sure they're doing everything to schedule and not under any stress, making sure all the rules are being followed and obeyed.

- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: The QT role is where you are officially skilled enough to be classed as a Qualified Teacher but you have to work very hard and be dedicated to get the role of HD. However, being a QT shows that you have been in the schooling system for quite awhile and you know all the rules and tricks students can pull to try to bend or break the rules.

- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: Minus the fact they have a different role and higher role compared to NQT there is not much difference, the main difference is that at NQT you can officially host your own classes but after hosting multiple classes and if SLT thinks you are ready they will test your characters knowledge to see if they are ready to be moved up to QT.

- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description: Basically this is a fresh teacher who has recently been accepted into the school force, they need to go through multiple sessions of training and unfortunately, these teachers are sadly not acknowledged to start their own lesson. After a few lessons, they will be tested to see if they are ready to be moved up to NQT.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
On SRP, teachers are paid ¥450,000. However, in the real world, teachers in Japan can earn anywhere between 200,000 and 600,000 Yen. Whilst being a Teacher in-game, you have to entertain the students to make the server fulfill its name “SchoolRP”. The main purpose this role has in the game is to actually educate the students ICly to make sure they have the correct amount of knowledge to be prepared for the college exams. However, out of the game is quite similar, teachers educate children to get jobs and to be prepared for the adult lifestyle. Also, a similarity of being a teacher in-game and out of the game would be the large variety of unique or simple methods of teaching.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers keep the school aspect of SRP alive, they have an important role since the server is actually based for school and teaching. They keep players busy throughout the day, by educating and punishing the bad behaving students during set school hours. Without teachers, the school would be terrible. As none of the “students” will have a sense of risk with their choice of actions and this can ruin the aspect of RPing in school for other players.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
Currently none, however, there used to be Must have, Could have, should have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plans for the future?
Akimitsu Hideyoshi would be an average-sized male standing at 5,11. He’d have silver hair that would have an extremely soft touch to it as well as it’d be braided down his back. His figure would be very masculine.

On the job, Akimitsu would be an extremely serious and hard-working man. He’d make sure to not go off task whilst at work. His outlook on the students would be that all of them are young bright-minded people however he knows some have struggles with focusing on work. From this knowledge, he’d attempt to make his lessons as fun as possible for his students as he believes this helps the students learn faster as well as keep them entertained enough so they’d be interested in learning and have something to look forward to whilst attending school. He’d be very polite and respectful to his colleagues as he’d wish the complete best for them in their teaching career.

Akimitsu’s plans for the future are to make sure he and his family are financially stable. He’d hope to find a loving and caring wife to spend the rest of his life with as well as make enough money to retire into a nice Japanese estate of some sort and live the rest of his life peacefully.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Akimitsu would quickly exit his classroom whilst looking left and right for the gang of students. Once he found them, he’d approach the situation as he’d ask the people involved if they would like to repeat their words whilst giving them a warning of being given detention. However, if the warning didn’t work he would give them one more chance before handing them detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
If the class was not listening to Akimitsu, he would slam a book against his desk trying to catch their attention, once he received their attention he would ask the students who were talking, distracting and not listening to him to repeat what he just previously said. If they failed to answer him correctly he’d split them up.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Whilst in the teacher’s lounge Akimitsu would be relaxed and calm, he’d enjoy having tea as well as a small chat with the other teachers that would be on breaks too. Sometimes Akimitsu would also take time in the teacher’s lounge to plan future lessons and plan how he can make it intriguing for the students.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me Akimitsu would close the door after all the students had entered the classroom, clasping his hands just as he did so. He’d then walk to the front of the classroom as he’d give a bow to the class. “Welcome to performing arts everyone! Today we will be learning and performing (subject). If you have any questions please feel free to ask me!”

/me As he’d finish introducing the lesson he’d head to the neat pile of notes that he’d eventually hand out to every individual in the room. “These are your tasks, make sure to read them very carefully. I will be having some groups perform in front of the class if we have spare time!”

/me Akimitsu would carefully keep an eye on all the students, making sure they’d be doing their activity that was set. He’d walk around the class inspecting each group. “Very well class, everyone seems to be doing great!”

/me Akimitsu would sigh, placing himself in his chair whilst placing his cup onto the desk in front of him. He’d scoot the chair forward before picking up a pen, staring at the examination papers he’d set. He’d then take a sip of his tea before he got to marking the papers.

Backstory

Akimitsu Hideyoshi was originally born in Kitakyushu, Japan. His mother, Etsuko Hideyoshi, and his father, Kiyoshi Hideyoshi were both married when Akimitsu was born. Unfortunately at a young age, Akimitsu's parents got a divorce due to arguing and other factors that Akimitsu was unsure of. This of course led him to only living with one of his parents- this being his father. Akimitsu being the age of 17 at the time he didn't really understand why he didn't have much contact with his mother, which led him to become depressed. Akimitsu didn't have much motivation to try anything due to the depression having such a huge impact on his life until his father one day brought home a lovely woman by the name of Akari. Akimitsu instantly grew a strong bond with Akari as they shared similar interests, this being performing arts. Akari one day decided to take Akimitsu to her performing arts club to introduce him to some new people as well as give him an opportunity to perform in front of professionals. He'd decide to give this a chance as he was highly motivated by all the people surrounding him, cheering him on to do so. A few years had passed by and Akimitsu had overcome his depression by attending this club and performing for people, he'd found what he was truly passionate about- This is when Akimitsu decided to look further into performing arts, he'd study time and time again everything about acting and drama until he'd almost perfected it. With all this knowledge he'd gathered from tons of reading he'd study more in school in hopes to become a performing arts teacher as he believed he'd be able to help kids that are in a similar boat to what he was when he was young.

[TO BE CONTINUED VIA ROLEPLAY]

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):
Akimitsu Hideyoshi

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr

Given Name(s):
Aki

Preferred Name:
Akimitsu

Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
Shintoism

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Academic Degree:
Bachelor's degree in drama

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
Theatre studies + Drama

Minors:
Math

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
Korean

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Not currently.

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

N/A
Do you have any questions?:

N/A

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Performing Arts Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
I'm willing to give you a shot. Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread