Yes

How old are you? (Optional):

N/A

What is your time zone?:

EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes

Describe your activity on the server:

I'm active for the most part for about 10 hours every day.

Do you have any previous bans?:

One 24 hour ban

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Denied:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/teacher-application.40061/

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're a college, specify your degree level):

High School Grade 12

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

Science

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

Science has been in my interest for quite some time and it would be amazing if I could share my knowledge with others as the subject is intriguing to me. It’s always fun to socialize with people and teach them what I know, especially to see them learn! The future holds a lot for them, and with the knowledge, they will have an advantage by knowing about science.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:

Yes.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:

Teacher class logs are to log their class every time they host one. This is very important so SLT can know what the teachers are doing and keep track of their OOC hours.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Absolutely no harassment, bullying, discrimination, and hate speech is tolerated in the classroom.

2. Students are to remain off of their phones and other electronic devices unless told to by the teacher.

3. Listen to the teacher when speaking and be respectful of classmates when it is their time to speak.

4. No drugs or alcohol are to be brought into the classroom, ever.

5. Students should not engage in any form of inappropriate physical conflict in a school setting. This includes fighting, PDA, etc.

6. All students are expected to participate in class.

7. Be respectful of students, teachers, and the learning space.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

My experience in RP is good because I used to gangRP a while back so I can do detailRP very well. I haven't been on SRP for very long, but I have been RPing with a whole bunch of experienced RPers on SRP. Which makes my RP skill that much better.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning:

Head of Department

↳ Description:

Best experienced and skilled teachers in a department. They help lower leveled teachers and have the most authority and wisdom in their department. They are to be respected.

- QT

↳ Meaning:

Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

Qualified Teachers are the second highest rank for teachers. These teachers are well experienced and very capable of teaching. A Qualified Teacher has been teaching for a good amount of time and can conduct classes in a very professional manner.

- NQT

↳ Meaning:

Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description:

Newly qualified teachers are the first rank that is allowed to host their own classes. These teachers can host their own classes and rank up to a qualified teacher after being tested by SLT.

- UT

↳ Meaning:

Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description:

Unqualified teachers are those who have recently joined the teaching team, but still, need to be fully trained. These individuals can not hold their own classes and are being trained on how to properly conduct the duties that being a teacher holds.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers In-game devote their time to present well-planned educational activities, which could be in any shape or form. To engage with the main focus within the server, they serve a great purpose as they increase roleplay experience by providing education in-game. The majority of the players are placed in high school where they attend classes that teachers host, in that way they get prepared for local college which is the next level of education in the server. Teachers have above-average salaries, and as said before, they serve a great purpose once giving the experience to other roleplayers by hosting classes they can attend, which this server is majorly about. Without teachers, there would be no SchoolRP. In their free time, a teacher is expected to engage with accurate and appropriate activities which will not put them in danger of any kind, nor any that might follow with consequences within their work/occupation. Illegality is not accepted and is strictly forbidden.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

The server is focused on school, to imitate reality but of course, as the extra spice in roleplay-oriented people, there’s drama everywhere. By having teachers, the sole purpose of the server is fulfilled and the theme will remain accurate.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system operates on ‘must have, should have, could have.’

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?

My char Elijah ‘P’ Chu is a very formal, but crazy male at times. He has golden-brown hair, he has grey eyes, and freckles covering his face. Elijah is a very to himself guy when it comes to talking about himself. Elijah likes to make others have fun and share things they like to do over the things he likes. He’d be able to make people smile with just a look. Elijah doesn't take disrespect anyway lightly.

Scenarios

/*Do not mention the use of FearRP*/

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I walk up and ask about the situation, about the possible dispute going on, if answered; I do my best guide towards solutions to the problem. I also attempt to direct their language into more of a friendly kind to keep the conversation as civilized and mature as possible, simply to encourage the students to act mature themselves.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I ask those I believe that cause the distraction to direct their attention to me, if not heard, I walk up to them and speak to them specifically. Possibly move their seats if they’re too chatty with their friends.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

My char would act like he would with anyone. He’d come in with a smile but stay to himself unless talked to by anyone else that would happen to be in there at the time.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me He’d stand up motioning for the class's attention.

/me He’d walk up to the male in the back right corner with a serious look on his face.

/me He’d hand out the Atoms workbooks.

/me He’d demonstrate a volcanic explosion with his volcano model.

Backstory

Elijah would have been born on May 8th, 1994 in London. He was raised by his grandparents having to juggle school and work to support him and his 6 siblings after his parents died from a car accident. He was about 14 when his grandparents died and he had to start taking care of his younger siblings. All of his siblings got sent off to foster homes because he couldn’t take care of them all. When Elijah was around 16 years old he moved to NY to try and become a scientist instead he fell in love with biology which he still considers himself a scientist either way. Elijah studied hard and went through school for 8 years trying and trying to become anything that had to do with science. Elijah finally graduated with a master’s in biology and started looking for a job when he was about 23 years old. Elijah had no luck finding a job so he kinda gave up for a while and just hung out with his friends a lot more and just went downhill altogether. He fell in love with this girl he met at one of the bars he and his friends were at. She set him straight; her name was Elana ‘C’ Soma. She was a girl with brown hair and she had these nice gold eyes that would look green when the light hit them. He’d slap him around when he would try and give up on himself. Elana was Elijah’s motivation and the reason we found a job and kept going on with life. When Elijah hit 26 Elana passed away from the gunfire. She got in the middle of 2 men fighting and one pulled out a gun not meaning to shoot her but the guy she was protecting. Finally, in 2021 Elijah decided to keep going with his life after she passed and applied for a teaching job at Karakura for biology.

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

Elijah Chu

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Mr

Given Name(s):

Elijah

Preferred Name:

Elijah

Age (Minimum is 27):

Male

Religious Denomination:

Roman Catholic

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

Spanish and Native American

Current Location:

Karakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

1 year

Academic Degree:

Master’s Degree in Biology

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Biology

Minors:

Environmental Science and Animal studies

Native Languages:

N/A

Other Languages:

English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

No

Extra

Additional notes about your application: I changed my user to MaleDoryRP

Do you have any questions?: I have nothing right now.

KimiNoUso

Level 337
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for applying, however, your Teacher application won't be accepted today.

After carefully reading through your application, I have found a few errors that could be improved upon should you decide to re-apply:
- Your descriptions for your individual teaching roles & your scenarios are under-detailed.
-
When applying for roles on the forums you are expected to be patient. Asking when applications are going to be marked will result in instant denial, this role can be challenging at the best of times and by displaying you are impatient you worsened your chances.
- Do not double-post your application, edit your previous one instead; this is against the forums rules under #6 [CLICK HERE]

DM me on Discord if you have any questions regarding your application: @KimiNoUso#9999

Users who are viewing this thread