Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
yoonvibi#1993

Do you have a microphone?:
yes

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
Pacific standard time | PST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I will take full responsibility for being demoted due to my inactivity.

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm active 3 times a week but due to working and babysitting my little sister, I may only play 2 times a week for 3-4 hours early in the morning or late in the evening.

Do you have any previous bans?:
No, I would like to keep it that way

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
Accepted Dutch Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/dutch-language-application.36665/
Denied Lang Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/swahili-and-spanish-application.35884/
Denied Lang Application: https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.35858/

What is your current role(s) on the server? (If you're a college, specify your degree level):
[18][Highschool] Naomi "Mi" Hanasaki

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:
I'm applying for the second position as a high school teacher in the math section.
What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
Becoming a teacher is something I have always wanted to roleplay as. To do this I had to overcome the fear of being denied. You can say that teachers are the backbone of society, they are role models to students. They offer guidance by giving students an education allowing them to become successful business owners, doctors, and more. Teachers make it possible for countries to further develop socially and economically. Having the role of a teacher is truly a significant role to play IRL and in-game, by knowing this I wanted to take my chance by applying.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes, I understand and I'm prepared to undergo training to become a newly qualified teacher.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teachers are required to log every class they have, this is very important because to get a paycheck you must have 15 classes logged properly. You can host 10 more classes to be able to receive a bonus of 50,000 yen. You are only able to host 4 classes an OOC day.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
Of course, everyone has their own rules as well as the original set of rules. Mine wouldn't stray far from the original.
1. No food or drinks will be allowed during class time, water will be the only acceptable beverage.
2. Come prepared and ready to learn, stay focused and on task so you don't get behind
3. No electronics of any kind will be allowed unless we are doing an activity that calls for them
4. Display appropriate behavior, speaking while others are talking, being disrespectful will not be tolerated.
5. Give your best work and stay positive, if you are confused ask questions and stay engaged!

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been playing on SRP for about half a year, I have roleplayed in many different servers but roleplay hub became my favorite to play on. I have gotten experience in a little gangrp and work experience being an employee at La Casa Nostra. Interacting with different faculty members and joining in events the school has had, has given me different perspectives on how to act given the scenario.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD
↳ Meaning:
Head of Department
↳ Description: They are the Head of the Department to the subject they teach and they are able to observe NQTs during their classes. They know all the rules and regulations and are very skilled in their work.

- QT
↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teachers who have more experience teaching. They don't need any guidance from the HD and are able to teach classes on their own. With a little more work they are able to be promoted to HD if there isn't one already in their subject.

- NQT
↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher
↳ Description: Teacher's who recently finished their training and has been accepted as a newly qualified teacher. They have been promoted from Unqualified Teacher and can now host classes, they know the rules but will still need to work hard before becoming a qualified teacher.

- UT
↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher
↳ Description: A person who has just been accepted into the role of a teacher. They have little to no experience in the rules and regulations and must be trained before being able to become a Newly Qualified teacher.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.
Teachers are people that educate students in various subjects. They are very important people that help shape the world economically and socially. Teachers must show maturity and level-headedness at all times, they are leaders who must always act appropriately no matter when or where they are. They are paid 450,00 yen a month if they have correctly logged 15 of their classes, they can receive a bonus of 50,000 yen if they complete an extra 10 classes. While they are only able to teach 4 classes an OOC day, teachers guide students to a path towards success. Students have the option to either continue with their learning in college or graduate high school and start their lives as young adults. Teachers spend time preparing fun engaging lessons for students that will benefit them in their studies and make them excited to learn.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers give players the opportunity to roleplay as students. School Roleplay would not be complete without having teachers there to give the server the school setting it is in. Teachers and all faculty members have an important role in character development because it brings realism into SRP. School Roleplay would not have the name without all the faculty being there giving SRP the structure it has now.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
MoSCoW- meaning Must have, Should have, Could have, Won't have

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What is their plan for the future?
Naomi Hanasaki, a 5'3 energetic Afro-Dutch female with too much time on her hands. She has long dark brown hair and brown eyes similar to her mother's. Naomi is often found socializing with others, getting their opinions on silly topics such as "does pineapple belong on pizza". Naomi has a strong belief that as long as you put the work in, you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Naomi wants to be in a position where she can encourage and motivate people to follow their dream. To accomplish this Naomi decided to become a teacher. She has always admired teachers' efforts to guide and lead students to the path to success. People often compliment her dedication, kindness, and caring personality. Although Naomi has many insecurities about herself, she wants to overcome them as a person many students can look up to. Her plans for the future is to be the best version of herself and seek out guidance from teachers she admires. In the future, she also wants to look back on her past actions and feel accomplished.

Scenarios
You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:
Warning them they are still on school property Naomi would ask them to stop saying it is inappropriate to behave like this and tell them to continue such behavior before coming on campus. If they ignore her warning she would give them a second chance to correct themselves. Seeing that they are ignoring her she would have no choice but to give the students detention so they can reflect on themselves.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
Naomi would look around the class seeing who was causing the class to become disrupted. Walking towards those students she would ask them to stand in front of her desk in a straight line. Heading back towards her desk she would then ask those students if they would rather stay and continue the learning quietly or if they want to leave. After the students have chosen Naomi would start a quick game to get the student's attention back on her and continue on with her planned lesson.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
Naomi enjoys chatting with teachers about how classes went and often gets inspired by the lessons teachers planed. When alone in the lounge Naomi would have a cup of her favorite chai tea mentally preparing for the next class. More often than not you will always find her planning her next activity excited for what the day will bring.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me Smiling brightly she looks around the classroom seeing some new and some familiar faces. She happily chimes, "Welcome back class I hope you've all had a wonderful day so far". Gathering up her papers from the desk briefly scanning through today's lesson plans she continues, "Today we will be learning Geometry, I hope you all enjoy today's activity as I have some fun plans for us to do".

/me
Turning her back to write on the board, the formula y=mx+b would be taking up the majority of the board. Placing the chack down, she would move to the side she turning back around facing the students. With a giant smile, she would say, "Good afternoon Mathematicians! Today we will be learning slope-intercept form." Noticing the groans of disappointment she would chuckle expecting the reaction.

/me
Walking around the classroom looking over at some answers written she would grimace. Knowing that she'll have to do a better job explaining future lessons she continues walking around. Satisfied there was no cheating, she walked back to her desk making notes of errors students were making.

/me
Looking around the classroom she notices [student's name] is not paying attention. She calls out them saying, "Since you looked so interested in today's lesson can you solve this problem for the class?" She motions them to come in front of the desk. Handing them the chalk she watches intensely waiting for them to solve the problem.

Backstory
N/A (currently working on her background atm)

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only): Naomi Hanasaki
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss Hanasaki
Given Name(s): Naomi
Preferred Name: Naomi

Age (Minimum is 27): 27
Religious Denomination: none
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Afro- Dutch, my father is dutch while my mother is of African descendent
Current Location: Kakura, Japan

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years): I work at La Casa Nostra, I have taken care of the elderly for 2 years back home in the Netherland as well. I have little to no experience in the education department other than the college classes I've taken.

Academic Degree: Batchelor's
Year of Graduation: 2011
Major(s): Math, Chemistry, Art, History
Minors: Photography, Graphic Design

Native Languages: Dutch
Other Languages: Japanese /want to learn another language

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
No

Extra

Additional notes about your application: No.
Do you have any questions?: I wasn't sure if the position to become a history teacher is available but if it is I would prefer to become a history teacher instead of Math. It is not available I will be fine keeping the title of Math teacher if this were to be accepted.​

Last edited:

KimiNoUso

Level 338
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Accepted
Congratulations! You have been accepted for the position of Mathematics Teacher at Karakura High School.

After carefully reading through your application, I have concluded that your application is up to par with the standards expected when reviewing Teachers applications, welcome to the team! There are just a few steps left to obtain your role(s):

- Ensure that you’re in the Karakura Academics Discord.
- DM me via Discord to get your roles and permissions setup: @KimiNoUso#9999.

Please note:
Upon joining the Teacher faction, you will receive the role of Untrained Teacher (UT); only once you've completed training will you be newly qualified and authorized to independently host a class.

Users who are viewing this thread