mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

The Story of Takanaka Murai

soda

Level 12
A Chinese proverb states that a man cannot be judged by look, as a sea cannot be measured by a cup. Such was the case with the man that was Takanaka Murai. A man who was always had his true self bottled up inside. A man who struggled to find his true path to happiness, one who had lost his own sense of direction in life trying to be the best... a man who needed a lover to show him the way. A woman who would keep him from being rash and foolish. He spent so much time looking for his soulmate.. too much time.
Murai was born in January of 2000, the start of a new century- a new era- in the city of Kyoto, Japan. He was born and raised just like any other Japanese boy. With plenty of discipline but also with love and kindness. He had a wonderful 8 years of bliss. A simple, happy child, with friends and easy life.
That all changed in 2008 when Takanaka Shigejiro, Murai’s father was found dead in an alleyway. The police found out that Yakuza killed them, but they could never find the true identities of them. On that day, he did not cry. His mother did, for hours. But Murai didn’t shed a single tear. His fists were clenched. His teeth were locked together. His eyes were wide open with fierceness and rage. He swore on his life that he would never become scum like them.
And so he did. He grew up with many friends who were very violent and loved roughhousing. They boxed for fun. But since his friends knew that Murai couldn’t stand fighting because of what happened to his father, they never bothered him. This eventually led to Murai and his friends becoming further and further apart. It was how they socialized. And Murai wasn’t a part of it.
Murai went to bed one night when a dilemma began to form in his mind. He wanted to have fun with his friends, get hurt a little, even. But would it go against the promise he made himself? He thought with all his might and energy that.. he fell asleep.
The next morning he ran out the door with a piece of toast in his mouth. He sprinted straight to he hair salon, panting. When the barber offered him a seat, Takanaka demanded his hair to be dyed blonde in a rude tone. He walked out of the salon with a new attitude, new hair, and new clothes. He was a new man. A self proclaimed delinquent. A bad boy. His friends were quite surprised, but excited when they heard that Murai would join them in their scuffles.
Murai was no slacker at school, however. Even though he called himself a delinquent and fought people, he still cared about his future. He studied day in day out until his brain was fried. He loved engineering and creating things. It was an all-time hobby of his.
Takanaka didn’t spend his time with parties smoking or drinking- he thought they were stupid and a waste of life. He spent his youth studying, exercising, hanging out with friends, and playing video games. When he finished high school, he applied for Karakura College. When he was headed there on a train, he came across a stranger, whom was very tall and had gray shaggy hair, however, he seemed to be 30-40 years old. He had piercing blue eyes.
The man noticed the application he was holding. “You going to Karakura?” He asked.
Murai simply nodded.
The man claimed Karakura to be a very dangerous place. However, he said he was careful and stayed away from trouble. And he made a lot of friends, which he smiled upon mentioning.
The train had stopped and Murai bowed as thanks before exiting the train and starting his new life.
In Katakura, Murai listened to the gray-haired man's words very closely. He stayed away from criminals and looked for friends. He didn’t make many but the ones he had got very close with him rather quickly. He was even truly happy for a short period of time.
On the evening of a Sunday, the maid cafe was robbed. Many people surrounded the cafe while it was being robbed. People inside were endangered. Murai stepped back to make sure no one involved heard him, just in case a gangster wanted a bone to pick with him. After the cops came, the robbers escaped. All that was left were the people inside and out of the cafe. No one was harmed seriously.
Murai had a little chat with a stranger. He told him about how he had called the cops on them. Someone from a gang must’ve overheard him then.
A couple of days later, while Takanaka was interacting with a few people he’d never seen before, a strange man with a mask picked him up and carried him to the sewers. He was thrown down and threatened, surrounded by the man and two of his followers. They demanded money, but Murai said he’d rather die. He shouted this out- luckily police were nearby and ran down to the sewers. They put everyone under interrogation. And everyone was set free. They were not able to determine who was innocent or guilty.
Murai was left wide open for a manhunt. He knew his time was ticking. He quickly met up with his friends... but he couldn’t muster up the courage to say goodbye. When he met up with his last friend, inquiring to tell him about all the news, his friend took him to his apartment. In there were the same people who had tried to hurt him in the sewer, as well as other gangsters. His friend betrayed him, and he snapped. Broken to the point where he could speak or hear or feel. He turned to his friend with empty eyes looking into his. He didn’t even bother to look down at the knife he was drawing.
Takanaka Murai was brutally murdered by multiple gang members. He died with no emotion in his eyes.
In the end, it was clear that he made mistakes, but that was part of what made him human. He may have been one of the smartest students in his class, but it was not enough to save him. Before he closed his eyes, he could see his father's face.

“See you soon..”

PLAYER NOTE:
Hi, my name is Soda. I hoped you enjoyed my character's backstory. I believe I put a lot of effort into this character and I had fun doing so. Even though things may have not turned out the way I wanted them to, I still had fun roleplaying as Takanaka Murai.
I do have my opinions about the quality of roleplay, but they have no meaning now that the roleplay is over. Anyways, what did you think? Feel free to drop a comment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread