TheMelonQueen1

Level 8
TheMelonWhoLived
TheMelonWhoLived
Omega+
OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

TheMelonQueen1, WatermelonKing2, WatermelonKing4
The account I'm applying for is TheMelonQueen1, I will move my Highschool Swim Tag to WatermelonKing4 (If Accepted)

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yes, I do. thewatermelonqueen

List your timezone and country:
CDT, Or Central Daylight time. Aka, Chicago time. United States Of Ameria.

Describe your activity:
I have an overall activity if described from out of 10, it would be a 7. I take breaks between school and work, and recently I’ve been understanding and caring for my mental health. So I will have adequate breaks (If needed) for that as well.

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
School Nurse application #1 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
KPD Application #1 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
Ban Appeal [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
Psychiatrist Application #1 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
KPD application #2 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
Psychiatrist Application #2 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
Receptionist Application #1 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!
Doctor Application #1 [CLICK TO VIEW] Denied!

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
I have a character that I wish to be, Almost sleuth like. They have witnessed multiple mind boggling things, and have been unable to or, not equipped to write about them. I also wish to be able to show my writing talents to the town of Karakura. There is so many things that I see, icly and I want to make those clear to everyone else. How I see them, or my character would. I’m also, rather desperate for new experiences in the server. I have been on it for years, and have not managed to be a part of any other factions than school sports, or gangrp. As much as I love both, It makes a rather mundane view happen to the rest of the server. I am, “Testing the waters.” As some say, and I hope that you could allow me to do so, and I may prove to you I am ready to do so, with this application.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
Yes, I have plenty of experience with writing, as I am writing a book currently, and I have a rather unending drive to write new works. My only downside to my writing is, I have to be interested. If I write about something I don’t find interest in, it can be . . odd? Now, the only exception is leaving out applications. My writing style is unique, and I struggle to put that into questions, or format. I love writing, and seeing that I may be able to write Icly, about different works, and happenings on the server, it was an opportunity I couldn’t pass up.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am aware of the rules, and will follow them.

Why should we accept you over others?:
Well, why should you? This I don’t have an answer for. Unlike some applicants I don’t have many accepted applications, so your knowledge on me, is not very good. I have been denied for lack of reputation as well. I hope that I may be accepted in hopes of proving that I am worth accepting. Now, to the answer. I don’t think I should be accepted over other applicants. There are so many good works by others, and I love reading each one. I hope that If you do accept me, that I may not disappoint you.

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes I do understand, no bias will be placed into any of my writing works.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, Unless it’s for school, work, or mental health. There is no reason I shouldn’t be able to reach the quota each month. All I hope is that you may trust me enough to find out if I can.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
A constant scurry for new stories, a hot new topic, or a “Scoop.” As some call it in pop culture, You wander the town, with a trusty recorder, maybe a camera and a notepad, always prepared to get the next new story. I would hope that as a reporter I would be able to get a taste of that story hungry scourge. I could imagine roleplaying out the late nights icly spending time on working on your next new article, working on gathering evidence, and since well, you’re an adult, balancing work as a reporter and a family. A coffee addiction will also need to fit into my idea.

IC (In-Character) Information:

Full Name:

Valenstus Sterko Vulka
body.png
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Miss Val

Current Age (25+):
39 years of age.

Past job/work experience:
I have no past jobs, or work experience.

Degree/qualifications:
A major in photojournalism

Nationality and born location:
Manaus, Brazil

Phone Number:
030-435-0344

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
Sleep deprived, go getter. I am very much so competitive, and in any situation that’s how I keep myself going, I’m very patient as well, and will do most anything to get what I need. I am also money motivated, so work is easy for me if I know I’m going to get a paycheck. I love to write, especially about things that interest me. It’s a pastime hobby, and I also love to get photos of what I‘m writing about. I have unyielding motivation as well, in hopes I may catch those before it happens.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I’m interested in writing about anything that catches my eye, a big catch. If it exposes something, or is just a BIG topic, I can write on it and research it rather easily. Though I prefer writing about flashy things, or exposing juicy stuff, I can write about most things asked of me. I don’t quite have a line that I’ll draw, and I will go out of my comfort zone if needed. Though not necessary, I do prefer big stories.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I expect money, and right to stick my nose where it doesn’t belong. Though not much money, I do need to pay rent and get food. I also would enjoy the fact I have a right to go places I usually couldn’t. I don’t mind if it’s dangerous, I just want a reason to do what I love and make money from it.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
N/A

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Japanese-Sign Language​

PROMPTS:

KARAKURA NEWS

Tragedy’s In our school
Karakura Highschool, a friendly school, where 90% of Karakura’s citizens have attended. A monumental school, where either you have attended or are currently attending right now. A pristine learning environment for students to learn, or is it?
2023-11-02_16.55.39.png

The Dangers of Karakura High School
A recent study shown by, our very own Karakura Police Department has shown that, a majority of gangsters, or those prone to commit crimes in our town are highschoolers, the most common age of just 18 years. The esteemed school of Karakura has harbored these dangers, and a place such as that is holding the majority of criminals with the innocent. After the privilege of being able to walk around campus, in just one day I witnessed multiple fights. I witnessed multiple students who were sent to the nurse, either unconscious or with broken noses.

Fights
“A common occurrence.” quoted from a teacher of the school, after asking about the fighting of the school. Aggression is at an all time high in the school, with students attacking not only each other, but teachers as well.
The common occurrence of fighting in our streets has reached our schools. Leaving children with blood on their hands and face.

Skipping Class
A rather large problem in the school, as some students attend their classes, there was a large number outside of their classrooms. These children aren’t receiving the education they need, and it’s a danger to both their intelligence and their future. As the day continued I noticed a large number of students refusing to go to class, were of all grades, and some even being of the sports teams.

Reform
As these dangers are still very clear, the school is in the movement of “reform.” A word used by a councilor of the school, in these words, hope is given in that the dangers of Karakura High School will dissipate, and will no longer burden the educational growth, and mental growth of the student’s of tomorrow.

[!] At the bottom of the page would be a social link [!]
For audio interview
{CLICK HERE}

[!] As the link was clicked you were brought to a page, as a play button was seen, it started, the audio recording began to play [!]

[!] A click of a pen was heard [!]

[Female reporter]: November 2nd, twenty-twenty-3 is the date, The interview is being conducted by Miss Vulka, at 5:20 PM. For the safety of my interviewee I will add a filter to their voice, and they will be addressed as the, “Professor.” Now, Professor, May I hear how the fights are affecting you, and or your classes?

[!] A distorted voice was heard, the words audible, yet unrecognizable [!]
[The Professor]: The fights, are unbearable . . [!] A pause was heard, as a sharp exhale was heard [!] every time I turn my back, it’s a fist thrown . . a curse spoke. Sometimes, I consider not doing anything at all. I love my job, but I don’t know how much more of the violence, and negativity I can take . .

[Miss Vulka]:? I see, and after you end a fight, do you feel safe as you walk home from work.

[!] A long sip of, a liquid was heard after the question. [!]

[!] Silence remained, before a few pen clicks were heard [!]

[The Professor]: No . . No I do not . .

[!] Miss Vullka’s voice changed, as to a more stern, yet kind tone. [!]

[Miss Vulka]: I’ll move on from this exact topic for now, you seem uneasy. So, do you have any ideas on how to make the school safer, or ideas from your co-workers on the topic?

[!] A few more pen clicks were heard. [!]

[The Professor]: Yes, me and my co-worker’s talk about this frequently. A goal that I have is to make the school rules more strict and make the punishment more serious. I also believe that if they fight in school, they should receive police punishment instead of a slap on the wrist. If they would be arrested outside of school for beating a student, or another person up, then why shouldn’t they face the same punishment in school?

[!] The pen clicks stopped, as you heard shuffling in the room. [!]

[Miss Vulka]: Thank you for your cooperation, I have no more questions.

[!] A few loud heel clacks were heard as a click was then present. The audio recording came to an abrupt ending. [!]

The purpose of this interview was to get an inside view on the violence, of someone who witnessed it daily, the professor had made it clear that the violence was a serious problem, and that it should be stopped. Even if that requires police help, it would benefit our school to end the violence once and for all.

Additional report: The Police Of Karakura, Innocent? Or guilty.

Last edited:

Aania

Level 167
Administrator
News Lead
Government Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
acceptedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other members of the faction, we have chosen to accept you:

Please get in touch with me via Discord @ aania to start the process and get you set up!

Welcome to the News Faction! :D

Users who are viewing this thread