mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Thinking about learning how to make SRP skins

Foolishhhhh

Level 0
Seyeren
Seyeren
Rich
Im not a tailor in any way, but I can make hair/face bases. Im trying to figure out how to get somewhat decent in the clothes department. Ive tried to look for Inso pics, nothing sticks out to me or something that I can do, Im alright with any style but none seem to stand out. If anyone has any tips on shading, finding Inso pics, anything related to tailoring in general, please share, no gate keeping.

philbertman42

Level 146
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
My recommendation is to not conform to SRP's style, figure out what you like by looking at the work of people on PMC or NameMC or something and try to incorporate the aspects of their style into your own skins.

As for shading advice, look up pixel art tutorials on YouTube. I'd avoid Minecraft skin tutorials because more often than not they just tell you what to do, rather than teaching you so that you can make a skin on your own (basically, where they just make something and you copy it). It's better that you learn the fundamentals for yourself, so that you're eventually able to figure things out without the help of guides.

Other than that, just experiment with literally anything and everything that you think might be interesting, and try to have fun doing it.

Foolishhhhh

Level 0
Seyeren
Seyeren
Rich
My recommendation is to not conform to SRP's style, figure out what you like by looking at the work of people on PMC or NameMC or something and try to incorporate the aspects of their style into your own skins.

As for shading advice, look up pixel art tutorials on YouTube. I'd avoid Minecraft skin tutorials because more often than not they just tell you what to do, rather than teaching you so that you can make a skin on your own (basically, where they just make something and you copy it). It's better that you learn the fundamentals for yourself, so that you're eventually able to figure things out without the help of guides.

Other than that, just experiment with literally anything and everything that you think might be interesting, and try to have fun doing it.
Thanks, I've been looking at peoples skins on PMC, ill try out the tutorials swell, thank you for your tips <3

Novacherry

Level 0
For tips on shading, try starting with basic light and shadow concepts to add depth. Look for tutorials on YouTube; they can be super helpful. Pinterest and DeviantArt are great places to start for inspiration pictures. Just search for the style you like and save a bunch of images that catch your eye.
If you're still hunting for this info, I've got a suggestion. When I was looking for inspiration, I found some great csgo m4a1s skins on the skin.land platform.
Anyway, good luck with your skin-making journey! Don't be afraid to experiment and find your unique style.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread