mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Thomdar's Professor Application

Thomdar

Level 2

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
I am commonly seen on CheeseChexMix, though my professor account would be on FlawlessDefeat

How old are you?:
I am eighteen, my birthday will be on July 17th however and due to this I will soon be nineteen.

Do you have any previous bans?:
I do not have any, nor do I plan to have any bans.

What Country are you from?:
I am from the United States of America, my timezone being EDT.

Do you have Discord:
My discord username is Thomdar#4878.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I fully acknowledge and accept that inactivity for any period of time, with or without warning, can and will lead to the removal of my role.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
Despite having taken a few breaks due primarily to the stress of my senior year of high school last year and taking on a management position this year at my job, I am now very active on SRP and can be seen actively approaching new individuals or even just standing around alt tabbed. I have absolutely no intention of taking breaks at this moment in time unless some severe issue occurs. My forum's activity is lacking, though this is not to say I do not spend my time checking them at all, I just prefer interacting with the community in-game.

How long have you played SchoolRP for?:
I have actively played SRP(Taking the time to have a forum account, apply for roles, rp, etc) for about three years around the beginning of 2019. I did however join briefly in late 2017, though I remember next to nothing from back then.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/thomdar01-student-council-treasurer-application.16591/ Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/monty-steger-french-app.20537/ Denied!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/monty-steger-doctor-app.20632/ Accepted!

https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikko-language-application.23035/ Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikko-student-council-application.23056/ Accepted!
https://schoolrp.net/threads/nikko-soomin-college-application.24306/ Accepted!
There is one more application for Shrine that was accepted but done via discord.
Current Role/Degree/Grade on SchoolRP?:
CheeseChexMix- Grade 12
FlawlessDefeat- Adult

____________________________________________________________________________________
Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a Professor?:
I have spent more time on this server dedicated to the School system of Karakura then I would ever care to admit to quite literally anybody. Having been a treasurer, vice president, president, and just normal councilor for a long time now, I have never actually spent time working as a school faculty of any function. More surprising than this revelation however, is that despite my love for learning new subjects and teaching as well as detail rping, I’ve never actually considered becoming a professor up until this point.

As to why I would rather apply to be a Professor than a teacher? Although I value the leadership within the Highschool division, I have worked with both teams through my time in council and have found I prefer the style presented by the College, as well as a majority of the Spartan’s characters. Along with this I also would simply like to allow access to more specialized classes than the generalized subjects that High School teachers generally are expected to indulge in. I do firmly believe that I would be able to lead a class that is both informative and interesting in this position, as well as being able to give advice I have learned from my management position in Retail that will help both oocly and icly for those involved.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:

I have been actively roleplaying online since about 2010 on World of Warcraft, though I started in 2009 with Dungeons and Dragons. I have been roleplaying actively since then, so I have accrued about eleven years of roleplay experience over various forms of media and through many different genres. SRP is one of the more consistent applications I have made use of by far however.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?:
Classroom logs, much like any other role’s logs in SRP, are meant primarily to ensure the activity of an individual without causing the needless and inefficient waste of time that is doing a time check on every single character within a faction, and then hoping said character was actually doing their given job in that moment in time. The logs themselves are, as their namesake implies, a recording of every class you, as the teacher, are the host of. Without these you can neither claim your extra class bonus, and may find yourself with an inactivity notice despite being on constantly.

As a Professor, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

Standard classroom rules will be enforced within the following commandments;
-Show respect towards your peers, yourself, and school faculty within the room.
-Keep all debates constructive, do not let them devolve into arguments.
-If a debate occurs within the classroom and it is seen as unconstructive, the Professor holds all rights to stop said debate.
-Unless part of an assignment or given permission, phones should remain kept in pockets.
-Absolutely no verbal or physical violence is allowed in the classroom.
-Violence towards classroom materials will not be tolerated whatsoever.
-Remain seated unless an activity calls for movements, or permission is granted.
-Snacks such as water, tea, and fruits are allowed, though no others should enter the room.
-No toys should be out during class time, this includes figures, plushies, etc, etc.
-Under no circumstance is profanity allowed within the classroom.
-Listen to the acting Professor even if a situation is not covered by the listed rules.
-The School rules and Spartan expectations are always to be upheld regardless of being stated.

Summarize your previous RP experience's:
As previously mentioned, a vast majority of my rp experience pre-SRP was primarily in high fantasy games such as Dungeons and Dragons, or World of Warcraft. During this time I generally played characters that were more academically minded, favoring the mage class, and even acting as a magical professor or scribe in some situations. From there I moved onto SRP where I have spent most of my time a part of the Student Council, and as such I am more than used to not gangrping and following the School rules. To add on to this small tidbit, I am also very used to rping out paperwork and detentions, as well as just doing both oocly. I have also experienced my fair share of various Discord rp servers, spending a good amount of time on various Westmarch servers, a type of DnD setting in which the world is constantly moving.

____________________________________________________________________________________

College-Professor Knowledge

Please show your knowledge of College-Professors. What are the tasks a College-Professor has to complete? What is a College-Professor's salary?

The unique position of a College Professor as opposed to a highschool teacher comes primarily in the reasoning for the education they provide. This is not to say that both educators do not do such due to a love of their preferred topic, or because they love helping the next generation learn, but the subtle difference comes in age. A highschool teacher is, almost always with a few notable exceptions, teaching those from the ages of generally 12-19 in generalized fields that won’t actually qualify them for any future position. College professors, on the contrary, may be teaching students significantly older than them as they provide a specialized education in their chosen field that will help raise their pupils to, hopefully, highly qualified peers.

As such, there are a few notable responsibilities for College professors. First and foremost, they are expected from a fairly early point to be able to create their own curriculum and use it to successfully mentor students as well as being able to make lectures that properly follow this curriculum. As a part of this, College professors must be able to accurately grade the pupils work on this curriculum in a way that ensures that if a student is tested on all of the knowledge that had been gone over in class, their test grade and course grade would accurately match. Improper grading can result in severe stress for a student and possibly ruin their academic career, making this a particularly important process. If a Professor hopes to reach tenure with their institute, they are also expected to continue research on their field and at the very least attempt to publish papers or contribute in some way. Proving themself either by their merit in their field, or their merit as an educator.

A College Professor’s median salary is $78,470 USD, which by modern conversions is about 8,628,482.730 yen, or 66,668.112 euro.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What does he/she look like? What makes him/her unique and different? What is his/her outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his/her personality like? What is his/her plan for the future?

Walter Pearce is a loving family man of Welsh descent. Standing at 5’11 with once luscious blonde hair now slowly turning gray, his more gaunt frame makes the man seem as if he spent all of his days with his nose buried deep within the books that he often surrounds him with. This more studious environment has also leant itself unto his skin, causing him to appear relatively pale compared to most that spend their days out and about. Despite this his looks are not unkept, instead his full goatee is well maintained, and his hair has not a wild strand to it. Even his, almost always professional, clothing is spotless, as well are the small pocket squares he always carries within his suit jackets. The only thing that didn’t really match the man’s appearance was his deep and grumbly voice, often making him sound almost irritated at any given moment.
Despite his old, and admittedly cantankerous vibe, Walter is a dedicated educator. Ever since he was young he has always had a knack for teaching others about any of his interests, and he certainly has the patience to show it. This patience can be clearly seen in how he approaches his classroom, gladly allowing students to debate if it is related to the topic on hand and doesn’t run on too long, and even being willing to alter his lectures on the fly depending on the mentality of those attending his classes. That is what is most truly unique about the man’s personality, his adaptability and out right willingness to change plans for the sake of helping students that need it the most.

This is not to say he has a flawless personality however. For all of his loving patience and aspirations to see his students grow, the man is a flawed husband and not exactly the best of fathers. It’s not for lack of trying, but treating your children like they’re students is an assured way to make the relationship sour, even if ever so slightly. Not to mention his workaholic nature has very much interfered with his marriage, one that despite there being no divorce is about as detached as it comes. All the while, these homelife issues don’t bleed into his work all that much, afterall the Pearce family has a reputation to uphold.

As should be evident by now, the man is a professional. His students are both his pupils and possibly his future peers, and as such as he does his absolute best to be the best mentor, and most efficient educator, he can be for them. As is only fitting as well the man would treat coworkers as simply that, coworkers. He wouldn’t be opposed to getting a drink with fellow teachers outside of school, but when they’re on the grounds they’re simply fellow educators, a bond simultaneously more and less than the normal friends. Afterall Walter wouldn’t do anything to ruin his chances at tenure!​

Scenarios

You find a group of sport-team members screaming and shouting in the halls, What do you do?

The approach will differ only slightly depending on if the sports team members are a part of the College or High School for Walter. College aged individuals are all adults that should be able to properly and respectfully hold a conversation, and as such, Walter would approach them in a calm and sophisticated manner while requesting that they calm down and tell him what was currently occurring. If they were to continue with their ruckus, then the man would instead be forced to use his authority as their educator to have the students stop and listen, giving them a talk about Spartan pride, and then deciding on the punishment based on the reasoning, no matter if they’re a simple college student or sports team member.

High School students differ only slightly due to the large variance in age among said High Schoolers. A thirteen year old will require words with a significantly more calm and kind undertone, as opposed to an eighteen year old that one can treat completely like the young adult they are. This difference in tones is something that has been developed carefully over the years from what little fathering the man has actually done. Regardless, if punishment is required, then just as with the College students it

A College-Student is disturbing the class and won’t listen to a word you’re saying, What do you do?

Walter is a patient man, but one individual ruining an entire lecture for the rest of the room will result in that individual being thrown out of the class. Depending on the severity of the situation, he will prefer to talk with the student afterwards and find out why the student is acting out in such a way. Obviously as they are college aged however, if the student does not give the same amount of respect or acted in a truly reprehensible way, they will be punished promptly as anyone that interrupts a class of higher learning should be.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me &3&ocleared his throat as he closed the door behind him, turning on his heel to walk towards the front of the classroom. The soft tapping of his old leather shoes against the wooden floor making a rhythmic sound throughout the air while the older man -
/me &3&ospoke in his usual grumbly voice to the classroom, &f"Alright, it's time for all of us to begin today's lecture."

/me &3&o let out an aggravated sigh as he once again restacked the paper pile in front of him atop his desk. A seemingly annoyed expression written on his usually placid face as he stared at the top most paper. Red marker dotting more of the paper than -
/me &3&o ink at the current point in time. The clock in the back of the room reading 16 o'clock gave away it would be a long night.

/me &3&o leaned slightly over the desk in front of him, ****ing an eyebrow as he adjusted his glasses to peer at the etching left on the desktop. His lips curling downwards into a slightly frown as he mumbled aloud to himself. &f "Why can't kids just draw -

/me &f "profanities like they used to, with dry erase markers. The janitors are going to have a rough time with this one." &3&oand yet despite his grievances, a small smile still cracked the man.

/me &3&o tapped the chalkboard carefully with the yardstick, making sure to not harm either of the tools as he did so. The loud smack against both materials hopefully grabbing the attention of the class as he spoke. &f"Now, who can tell me the number one-
/me &f"method of advertisement?"

/me &3&o as the final bell rang throughout the room, Walter lingered near the door. Waiting just one last moment for any tardy students before slowly closing the old oak, ready to begin teaching.

Backstory

Born in Portsmouth England, 1968, December 22nd on a gloomy day to two relatively accomplished scholars, Walter S. Pearce was essentially destined for a career in academics. His father, Walter S. Pearce Senior was a somewhat successful professor of anthropology who taught classes within the newly founded Warwick university. His mother is a public defender who holds a masters in Law. This background is about what one would expect to be the setup for a perfectly easy childhood, and it truly was. He wanted for essentially nothing while growing up, instead the only real pressure on him was to maintain grades of high quality, but still, that was barely anything to the man!

A naturally studious person, Walter would spend most of his childhood nose deep into books, and in an era of such intense changes, there was nothing more interesting than the stories unfolding before his very eyes. He saw the horrors of the U.S’s Vietnam war, and of course he overhead all of the politics there was no way he’d quite understand in the 70’s with the Watergate scandal and the intense rise of oppressed peoples standing up for their own rights. He rose up in defiance with Pink Floyd’s The Wall, and spent his late nights watching Ghostbusters and other future classics in the theatres. Strolling down the neighborhood with his walkman playing in the 80’s. And, of course, he was frightfully aware of the rise of technology in the 90’s. The run of forums, the sights he would have never seen but once before. Nirvana helping him through more nights while he worked through late night post-grad courses for college.

Truly he saw more history unfold before him then most would ever be privileged to see, and he was just privileged enough to savor every moment of it. Yet still, one of the biggest changes that rattled the world, was the economics that swept countries. Indeed, from the large switch to the laissez-faire market to the roar of Wall Street across the pond, everything about the change of money seemed to catch Walter’s eyes. More importantly however, was just how those men in fancy pinstripe suits managed to draw eyes to their stocks. How they grabbed the attention of nations and forced them on their opening doors. How they commercialized holidays. And most importantly, as Walter grew, he realized he wanted in.

So, naturally, Walter decided to pursue higher education. The money wouldn’t be an issue, nor would the grades required to find his way within his uni of choice. His time spent tutoring other students while within secondary schools also didn’t seem to hurt at all either. Attending the same university his father worked at, Warwick University, he originally started his major as a simple goal to obtain a Master’s in Business Administration. Yet as he took his classes he swiftly realized his future was in marketing, and he wasn’t going to waste any time pursuing it. Of particular note was due to the importance of Japan in technological progression at the time, and just the general amount of business done there, Walter learned Japanese during his college years in order to make himself more desirable for any future marketing positions. Upon obtaining his Master’s, his father encouraged him to continue into a post-graduate program, especially with how well he had done as a peer tutor. So, with the financial backing still from his parents, Walter would earn his PhD in Marketing at the age of twenty-nine.

At first the man didn’t actually pursue a career in teaching, instead he took up an offer with an upstart marketing firm fresh out of University. When he was thirty however, he would receive a significantly better offer during a networking event from a man representing a large scale company in Japan. Taking up the deal to hopefully climb the corporate ladder, the change in atmosphere was a shell shock to say the least. Still, this is where he eventually met his future wife while working for said marketing firm, a business owner that would much sooner punch the man than let him assist in her business ****ytics, yet still he loved her. Eventually the two would have their own children, and the office hours with triplets would come to be too much for the man to bear. As such he finally pursued his original choice in careers, a much more consistent job that was just as stressful in a completely different way, but the change of pace was what was important. A position as a professor of marketing for a small town local university, a job that would eat even more time as the man found his love for teaching to be more than what he would have expected.

And so it went, and so it went. Walter would devote his time to teaching, slowly falling out with his wife and being less than an ideal father, yet still he persisted. Him and his wife have yet to divorce, nor does it seem they plan to despite the dysfunctionality. If you ask him he’s done his best, if you ask his children it just depends on which one. If you don’t say anything at all, you can safely assume they all have a little bit of daddy problems. Maybe this is why he’s found himself teaching for so long, to make up for the mistake of not raising his actual children quite how he should have. Maybe the man is really just that dense, but no one can deny his qualifications in his field.

__________________________________________________________________________________

In-Character Information

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name:
Walter Seren Pearce

Title:
Mister

Given Name:
Walter

Preferred Name:
Mr. Pearce.

Religious Denomination:
Protestant Christian

Marital Status:
Married

Nationality:
English

Current Location:
Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience:
Twenty years of teaching experience.

Working Experience:
Thirty-Six years of working experience.

Academic Degree:
PhD, Doctorate of Marketing

Year of Graduation:

Major:
Marketing

Minors:
Human Resource Management

Native Languages:
English

Other Languages:
Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
Walter does not hold any form of certification to teach English in a foreign setting.

Preferred Teaching Subject:
1. Marketing
2. Human Resource Management

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any):
-I have not touched FlawlessDefeat for a long minute, so for an accurate time check one should refer to CheeseChexMix.

-Walter has been working small retail jobs since his late teens, both at the behest of his parents to get some actual life experience, and so he could feel slightly like his own person, hence the large work experience as opposed to teaching experience.

Do you have any questions?:
I’ve currently got no questions, but feel free to ask me any you may have over Discord!

Users who are viewing this thread