Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do!

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:
EST

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I understand.

Describe your activity on the server:
I try to get on atleast once a day for 2+ hours. While I am on the server I either work on skins and or run around and grind attributes. If I am doing neither then I am interacting with others and working on character development.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
I have lost the information to my other SRP.net accounts so I no longer have my other applications.

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
ToastedMuch_ | [Adult] 23
Stalesoleil | [College] 20
_cloudyhaze | [Adult] 30

Trivia

What subject are you applying to teach?:

D.T Teacher (Culinary)

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
My motivation comes from having a good amount of freetime. Despite being in school, afterwards I have a lot of freetime on my hands and I am never sure what to do with it. I feel as if becoming a teacher will give me more opportunity to have a different roleplay experience than what I have had before which will then allow me to spend my free time teaching ICly. Not to mention, having a new role that I have yet to have grants me the opportunity to further advance my roleplay experience.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Yes! I believe that is completely reasonable, as I would like to get a clear understanding of what my job is.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
Teacher class logs keep track of what classes were hosted and when. These logs are important because they equal up to the quota for each month.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
1. Be respectful, respect those around you including your teacher and your peers.
2. Do not talk unless called upon, it is disrespectful to be talking while someone else is talking.
3. No phones! Phones are distractions and need to be put on silent and or turned off during a class.
4. No bullying, refrain from any profanity and or initiating any problems with fellow students as it is unacceptable.
4. Attention, your attention must be focused on the teacher and or any classmate who has been called upon and is speaking. As it is very important to understand what is happening around you so you don't miss out on instructions and or an important question that may give you a more clear understanding of the class.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I have been roleplaying for about 8 years now on and off, I have always loved acting and roleplaying ever since I was younger. I was on SRP for about a year and then I decided to take a break, I am recently coming back and planning on staying for another long period of time.

My love for the creativity of roleplay has grown and I will always consider it fun. I always look forward to seeing myself advance in roleplay as I learn new things that help me take a step out of my comfort zone.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD

↳ Meaning:
Head of Department

↳ Description: The highest position of the department. They are responsible to teach unqualified teachers and help train them to better understand the subject they are wanting to teach. They are to encourage a shared understanding of the contribution that specific subjects can make to all aspects of students’ lives.

- QT

↳ Meaning:
Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: These teachers are the second highest rank in each department as they have stayed for a long period of time and have proven that they are independent individuals. Completing their training, they have proven that they can follow their role and make each quota.

- NQT

↳ Meaning:
Newly Qualified Teacher

↳ Description: Newly Qualified Teachers have just completed their training and are finally ready to go on their own with teaching.

- UT

↳ Meaning:
Unqualified Teacher

↳ Description: These Teachers have just been brought to the teaching world. They require proper training and supervision so that they can get a clear understanding of how they are supposed to run their classes. It is required for them to spectate other classes to further their understanding as well.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers are responsible to help educate the students in order for them to have a better understanding of how things work in the real world. They help prepare the students with the knowledge of their classes. Teachers can earn a maximum of ¥500,000 a month. Newly-Qualified teachers start with a salary of ¥350,000 for completing a quota of 10 classes, and Qualified teachers have a salary of ¥400,000 for completing the quota. In their spare time in general I would say that teachers take time out of their day to prepare lesson plans and figure out how their classes will be taught for the next day and or week. Other than that I would hope that they spend time with their family and friends outside of school grounds and enjoy the time they have off.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:

Without teachers there is no point to a SchoolRP server. The school would be boring, and there would be nothing going on. With teachers hosting classes it adds excitement to the server. It gives students something to do while they roleplay so they aren’t just sitting around waiting for something to happen.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

Karakura High School works on the system “MOSCOW” also known as the ‘Must have, Should have, Can’t have, Won’t have’ method. For starters, ‘Must have’: Musts are essentially defined as initiatives that are very critical to the success of something. Then, ‘Should have’ is different from ‘Must have’ as it means it can be scheduled for a future time to allow time that wasn’t permitted beforehand. ‘Could haves’ are initiatives that are often the first ones to be deprioritized when something takes longer than expected. The ‘Can’t have’ and ‘Won’t have’ methods are similar, as they both show that something is not a priority at this specific time frame.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like? What are their plan for the future?

In-su is a 6’4 Korean female who weighs about 172lbs. Her gaze was soft, and she had a bright smile. Her hair was a dark chocolate brown, and its waves reached her lower back. She had light brown eyes that sparkled within the sunlight. The scent of lightly sprayed perfume wafted behind her, and she walked with confidence.

In-su tends to be more on trend with things. Thus making her more unique as she has a tendency to say things she may think is cool and or “hip”. She loves hanging around kids, as they always cling to her and are happy around her. Her outlook always stays positive no matter how bad situations with students may get. Unlike most, In-su loves socializing with people her age. Her outlook on other teachers is positive, and she looks forward to interacting with her fellow co-workers.

Staying in Karakura, In-su has plans to find someone she really connects with. Moving in together and perhaps starting a relationship between the two. She hopes to have a fun and exciting life with said individual. Expecting to do all of the things they’d like to do with one another. Whether she is employed, or retired.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I will first give them a verbal warning, inquiring that they should begin to behave. If they further the behavior, I will give them a second verbal warning. Letting them know that if they keep up the behavior I will have to issue a detention and notify any higher ups and or team leaders. If they choose to ignore me, I will give them a third warning by issuing them a detention and notifying any higher ups and or team leaders that they may be associated with.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:

I will instruct them to quiet down, and warn them that those who continue to disturb my class will be kicked. Along with being kicked, I will give them their first warning for misbehaving and being disrespectful. If the behavior continues I will issue a detention for disrupting my time alone with their classmates' time.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:

In the teachers lounge In-su can be found most likely drinking a coffee and figuring out lesson plans for future lessons. She will sit quietly and stay focused unless approached by a coworker.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me
She paced back and forth along the frontside of her desk. Allowing the students to come in and take a seat. Once they were all sat, she began. “Good morning students, how is everyone doing?” As she awaited the students' response, she’d walk over to the side of her desk. Grabbing a stack of papers, she’d neatly organize them before turning back to the class. “I am glad some of you are doing well! Here are the recipes for todays class.” She would walk around and begin to distribute the papers. “Please raise your hand if you have any questions, I will be doing these step by step with you in case anyone needs any help.”

/me She smiled at the students' response. “Well done! That answer is correct.” Reaching into her pocket, she’d pull out a token. Taking steps she’d begun to approach the student who answered her question. Gently sliding the token across the desk. “Thank you for participating.” She bowed her head before turning on her heels and beginning to walk back towards her own desk.

/me She pulled out the chair, taking a seat in it before scooting herself closer to the desk. With a paper on the desk and a pen in one hand, she began to write down a few ideas. Glancing up outside the teacher lounge windows, she’d pick up her coffee and take a sip. Narrowing her eyes as she thought, before returning them down to the paper in front of her and writing down some more plans.

/me She watched her students carefully as they began to follow her instructions. She paced in between rows with a clipboard grading each student's work as they went. Nodding to some as she carefully watched them, making sure they did the right thing. She began to quietly hum to herself as she went along. Stopping at each student's station to check on them.

Backstory

In-su was born on June 8th, 1955. She was born into a small family that consisted of her mother, Yu Seung, father, Dmitri Seung, and her older brother, Daisuke Seung. As In-su grew older, she often found her mother cooking random things in the kitchen. These things ranged from sweets and pastries, to meals for lunch and dinner. Watching her mother do so intrigued her. In-su requested that she help her mother, and she begged Yu to teach her how to cook. Upon being allowed to assist her mother; In-su joined her mother every day whenever she had time and assisted her with cooking and or baking. She loved spending the time with her mother doing something they both had a passion for. They enjoyed each other's company, up until it was time for In-su to move to college.

Despite moving to college, that did not stop In-su from doing what she loved. Her passion for culinary arts had grown to an extent where she wanted to major in it. She spent every day in school and outside of school practicing her major. Everytime her family came to visit she would show her mother her accomplishments. They would continue to cook together during the visits. Through-out In-su’s college career she had met some amazing people. She had a very positive outlook upon her colleagues and enjoyed interacting with those around her. They favored her skills of patience and communication. As she always knew what to say to assist them whenever they needed. In-su was always there for others, she was always listening to them if they needed someone to talk to. Her classmates found her enjoyable to be around.

Seeing the way In-su affected others, she decided that she should further inquire herself in culinary arts. She wanted to become a teacher. This way she could influence those younger than her and teach them how fun cooking can truly be. With this new hope, she took advances and applied becoming a culinary arts teacher and showing her students the ways of culinary arts.

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only):

In-su Seung

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):

Miss

Given Name(s):

In-su

Preferred Name:

In-su

Age (Minimum is 27):

Female

Religious Denomination:

Shintoism

Marital Status:

Single

Nationality:

Korean

Current Location:

Karakura

SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

5 years

Academic Degree:

Masters

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):

Education

Minors:

Technology, Culinary Arts

Native Languages:

Korean and Japanese

Other Languages:

Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:

No, I do not.

Extra

/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:

Thank you for taking the time to read my application <3

Do you have any questions?:

N/A​

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 106
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread