mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied ToasterTot's Librarian Application

ToasterTots

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
ToasterTots
(Character I want to have job is the Alternate Character)
Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):

retraced_

How old are you? (Optional):

What is your time zone?:

EST

Describe your activity on the server:

Highly Active, Multiple Hours a day most of the time, I have no other commitments at the moment so I have spent a lot of time on the server recently, some days I don't but most of the time you will probably see me on in some way shape or form, even in the future when I have a more steady job ooc I will still be clocking a lot of hours in the server because I genuinely have a lot of fun roleplaying on here

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):

No

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:

Yes

School Employee Role you are applying for?:

Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:

The librarian plays a big role in giving the students of Karakura a passion for reading and learning. They help students find resources, recommend books for them to check out, and also keeping track of the books that get checked out, and teach research skills that they will use in their classes and on their work. Selling library cards to students is also a part of the job for any of them who want to get one

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:

I've done roleplay throughout my life and participated in a small DND campaign once, I enjoy playing a lot of RPG games including the new Baldur's Gate III, Back in the day I also recorded videos on Minecraft of me roleplaying various scenarios or recreating my favourite tv shows at the time, as well I use to play a lot of DarkRP on Garry's Mod when it uses to be taken more seriously, and FiveM on GTA V I spent a lot of time on a few years back, and now on SRP I find myself in plenty of everyday rp scenarios.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:

I want to expand my knowledge of the server by learning how factions work as I've never worked for a faction before and want to get my hands dirty and see how it all works, as well id love to be there for new students/players that are learning the server still and be able to help them find their way around like I had to be helped in my first days on the server, Being a librarian also is something I've many time thought about being in the real world as their job is so great helping kids get access to learning abilities, and helping people, in general, is very awarding

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:

Accepted: JSL Lang Application

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

Cartor I. Kagawa: Grade 12
Taowen Bo: College Bachelor
────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Tang would stare at the student in utter disbelief at what was just said to him, "Excuse me?" he'd say with a shocked expression plastered on his face, "That is absolutely NO way to speak towards anyone, let alone a Faculty member, and I am truly disappointed in your actions" He'd step back and think for a second and before letting them get a word in, "Now I expect your next words to be an apology, or you're going to be asked to leave the library immediately." [Assuming an Apology was issued that would be all, If the Delinquent continues however] "Alright, If you're going to keep this up, I am going to have to ask you to get out of the library so other students can continue doing as they need to." If the student continues to be ballistic Tang would start to get worried and get the attention of other Faculty members to bring up this escalated incident

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Turning His head noticing the fight unfolding, hating physical conflict quite a lot, would swiftly approach the students keeping a distance between him and the fighters, trying to mediate the situation with words like "Guys, Uh- Hey look if you don't stop throwing punches RIGHT NOW, It's not going to look good for you so knock it off now." Assuming the students stopped fighting he would call up other staff to help with the handing out of the appropriate punishments, if they continued fighting He'd still call staff up to help as if he attempted to break it up, his frail tall frame, would not last, and once the students would finally stop fighting worse punishments would be decided on for them.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Noticing the behavior of the fellow staff member would probably look at them confused, before attempting to ignore them. However, if he noticed them doing it multiple times, or for a prolonged period, he'd step up to them and professionally take them off to the side and question what they were doing, offering advice on how to do what they were doing differently perhaps to be safer, or just giving a very brief lecture on common faculty etiquette if they are being rude, or inappropriate, and mention to them that if they continued they most likely end up getting fired

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Happy to have a little bit of a break, although Tang loves helping students, sometimes it can get overwhelming for him. Making small talk with fellow members in the room while relaxing while sitting down and most likely eating a prepared snack while re-reading one of his few favourite books, or scrolling on his phone looking at the latest and greatest news. He wouldn't do anything abnormal and certainly would overstay his welcome as just as much as he loves his breaks, the library is where he truly loves to be, although he may keep the room tidy being an organization freak, he'll make sure it looks in decent shape if he notices something amiss while in there

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:
/me
Tang would stand in front of the bookshelf with a bundle of books in his hand, trying to figure out the right order for them to go in. Eventually, after a due amount of shuffling, he would get them in the correct order, occasionally noticing a mismatched book while strolling past the shelf and correcting it noting to remind students to put books back correctly so nobody would be confused.
/me
Would look up from his chair with an awkward smile at the student standing in front of him, "Oh! Hello, What can the library do for you today?" He'd sit up a little and get ready to open the library database in case the student was looking for a book, while also preparing himself for any other questions
/me Getting up out of the library desk, he'd stroll slowly and rhythmically through the library making sure nothing out of the ordinary was occurring, looking out for any struggling students that may need his help, occasionally quietly humming along and straightening books that were out of line

────────────

In-Character Section

Full Name (First & Last only):
Tang Jung-Seko

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr.

Preferred Name:

Tang

Age (Minimum is 25):

Male

Academic Degree:
Bachelor

Major(s):

English

Minors:
Arts

Nationality:

Korean

Known Languages:

Japanese
JSL

Backstory

Tang Jung-Seko was born in Tokyo, Japan. His father is Korean, and his mother is Japanese, s he never learned Korean growing up. In the Tokyo neighborhoods, Tang was exposed to various languages and ethnicities of people. Despite his keen intellect and love for learning, Tang struggled with his physical health throughout childhood. He was often frail and prone to illness, which made it difficult for him to participate or even excel in physical activities like his classmates would in classes. Instead, he found solace in books, art, and language. Tang excelled academically, particularly in languages. He became fluent in Japanese, English, and Japanese Sign Language (JSL). His passion for linguistics led him to pursue a bachelor's degree with a major in English and a minor in Arts at a prestigious university in Tokyo. After graduating, Tang faced a crossroads in his life. Despite his academic achievements, he struggled to find a sense of belonging in the fast-paced, competitive environment of Tokyo. Not to mention his health issues persisted and even were worsened by the stress of the Metropolis. Seeking a change of pace, Tang made the bold decision to move to Karakura, at the age of 25. During his time at the university, Tang discovered he had a passion for libraries, surrounded by the knowledge contained within the university's library walls, he felt a sense of purpose that he had yet to find elsewhere. So when looking for jobs in Karakura, the idea of becoming a librarian at a school was very appealing, offering him the opportunity to inspire and support the students as they went on journeys of their own, inspiring them to do whatever they wanted to no matter what, just like Tang did. So with his knowledge of languages and his passion for literature, Tang knew that he could make a difference as a librarian. As it caused no stress to his physical health it was the perfect job for him. He embarked on a new chapter of his life, determined to create a peaceful environment inside of the Library

Motivation for Joining KHS (Character perspective):
"Well, I just moved here recently and I love how well-structured the school system seems to be in town here, so when I saw you were hiring for a librarian I jumped at the opportunity! I love reading and helping people learn, I have a Bachelor's in English and an art minor too. Which I think is the perfect degree for getting an understanding of the basic concepts around the job of a librarian. I also want to just inspire the young generation to follow their dreams and do whatever they want to, and the best way to do that is to help them navigate the school system make sure they pass their classes, and help them understand whatever they want with books in the library!"

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:

"I think because I will have a fresh set of eyes on the job, I moved here from Tokyo, I'll be able to give a new perspective on the library as a whole with organization, and such, Also my background and college degree proves that I truly am worth being a great addition to your roster of employees. I do think that my love for the pursuit of the kids reaching their dreams is a tremendous thing that some other applicants might not care much for. I'm not applying here just for the paycheck, but to leave a mark on hundreds of students lives and shape their paths into adulthood!"

NoZinth

Level 195
Senior Admin
Employee Lead
Gang Lead
NoZinth
NoZinth
Omega+
DENIED

Thank you for taking the time to apply for the Employee Faction. Unfortunately we have come to a decision to deny your application, this could be based on several factors:
- Activity
- Content
- Previous Punishment History

Due to the volume of applicants we have, we cannot go further in depth on these, however we encourage you to re-apply in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread