players online

tokyoro | HS Council Application

kuaoi

Level 13
GENERAL INFORMATION
What is your Minecraft Username?:

tokyoro

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

I've had one warn for misuse of /me, I've been kicked multiple times for AFK and grade/role changes, and I've had no bans.

What is your timezone?:

My timezone is EST.

Do you have Discord:

I do! Con#0069

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server?:

Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/hospital-staff-application.34442/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/role-request.34505/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/chinese-application.35047/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/journalist-application.35119/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/role-request.35135/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/latin-application.35647/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/age-change.35465/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/role-request.35179/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-application-remove-jsl.33649/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.33958/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/jsl-application.34001/

Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/russian-application.33955/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.31292/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/language-application.31120/

Describe your activity on the server?:

Currently, I am a journalist on SRP. I used to be an EMS, though I quit due to it not being as in touch with SchoolRP as I had liked. I missed being with everyone. It wasn't as involved with the community as I really enjoyed being. Being an EMS was fun, and I truly enjoyed it. Though, as you may know, my past position required a decent level of activity on the server, as well as my current standing position as a journalist. My time spent online ranges from 3 hours to 8, give or take depending on what I have planned for the day.

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:

I understand completely and I assure you that this would never rise to become an issue.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS
What is the student council?:

The student council is a select group of people who are separated from their peers as they are tasked with ensuring that the conduct provided by the students of the school meet the basic criteria and are not breaking any rules. While they can be seen as prestigious from their peers, they don't abuse or flaunt their position or power. They help all the students to keep in touch with the environment around them, make them feel welcomed, and most of all safe. Though, school is not a prison, it's okay to have fun sometimes and the council are supposed to acknowledge this so they are not ruling the school with an iron fist of sorts. The school council is be open-minded and open to constructive criticism at all times. They are able to respect when an individual is not satisfied with what they said. The council never cave in to people as they are all strong minded individuals, but also know how to have fun.

Who or what brought you to apply for the student council?:

I have a few reasons for coming to apply. The first being teamwork. Many of the council members are very kind and have always shown me that they are just as human as the rest of the students. The student council appears interactive with one another and overall very involved with the community and helping it to improve. They make the council seem like a desirable team to be on.

The second would be that one of my close friends is a council member and I want to be a part of something with him. He's a friend that I'd follow anywhere.

The third and final reason is that I truly wish to be a part of a team such as the school council. The school council are all very kind and down-to-earth people. They are all very kind to one another, and others alike. That is truly a team I wish to be a part of.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:

The school council is tasked with making sure the school is operating in a mannerly conduct. They plan events for the school and students, so that the students have an interactive environment around them at all times. They are supposed to make sure all the students and staff are getting along. They serve as a middle-ground when it is needed, say in a fight and the aggressors are settling down and are simply arguing. The council member that is present is to keep them from getting physical with one another whilst assisting them in talking it out. The council overall may seem like vigilantes, and in many ways they are, though they are also still students with ambitions and understanding hearts. The council are not tyrants and they treat everyone will equal respect, no matter the circumstances.

How would you describe your work ethic?:

I'd describe my work ethic as productive and timely. I make sure I never miss a deadline unless an absolute disaster occurs, then I'll supply a reason why I am unable to be present or such. I focus on results, though I also focus on learning and giving everything my best effort. Giving something a half-effort is bound to not receive the best grade or outcome that you could achieve. Therefore, I always give everything my all.

What interests you the most about the student council?:

The team. Teamwork has always been a strong suit for me personally and it is something I want to partake in in a bigger way. The individual people putting their different and unique minds together to come up with something of the highest quality. I've seen how the council gives everything their all, and I truly admire that. Everyone in the council is diverse from what I've observed, yet they work together perfectly. I think the diversity of the council is what makes them so great. All these different ideas and different thinking processes, all coming together to converse what they've come up with. I'm sure they have their ups and downs amongst one another, but they never let it affect them to the point it affects their work ethic and overall performance. At least so it's not visible to the public eye.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying?:

I do. I was once an EMS on the server, and it was something I truly enjoyed. I was specifically a psychiatrist, before they merged the nurse and psychiatry department. I served as a helpline for those in need and it was something I truly enjoyed being a part of. Everyone I helped seemed truly impacted by my works and it touched my heart in so many ways.

Though, that came to an end as I grew homesick of the school environment, the community. So, upon leaving EMS, I applied for the journalist club! Which I was accepted into. I quickly advanced from a trainee to a journalist thanks to my activity and the pure generosity of the club leader!

Before I was an EMS, I was huge in GangRP, though I quit due to the toxicity and it honestly just didn't interest me anymore. So, I become a regular SchoolRPer.

SCENARIOS
You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:

I wait for my turn to speak patiently and once it comes around to me, I explain to them why I think what they presented was a bad idea. I would refrain from using strong words, and show kindness in my words so they don't take what I'm saying the wrong way and more as constructive criticism.

In a situation where you propose an idea, and everyone else dislikes it. How would you go about this?:

I would ask them why they dislike the idea, ask them how they think I could approve upon it, then after some time, I'd present it again with adjustments. I wouldn't be upset in any way and I would keep a positive attitude. I wouldn't take it to heart, as everyone has their own opinions, though I would take it into consideration and be very serious about attempting to improve upon my idea.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:

I remain unbiased in the argument and eventually try to get all of their attention. I would present points from both sides and tell them that they should be able to come to a peaceful resolve together. As the council is a team, they are in it together, not against each other.

A councilor is stirring up problems and bullying students on school grounds! What would you do?:

I would politely pull them to the side and explain to them how what they are doing or saying is toxic to the school environment and ask them to stop. If they refuse, then I'd make sure to retrieve evidence of said events and present it to a higher up of the council. If they obey, I will mention it to a higher up so they keep an eye on the council member, otherwise let the situation go unless they stur more trouble.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:

I would remain quiet as they spoke, and eventually start asking some questions to gain more information. If I don't agree with their responses to my questions, then I'd politely explain to them why I dislike or disagree with what they are saying. As long as I feel I have a valid point, I will never refrain from mentioning it or bringing it to everyone's attention.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councilors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:

I would let them know how what they are doing is affecting their work ethic before it becomes too late and eventually affects the entire council. I would ask them to resolve their issues with a psychiatrist or a school counselor when they both have free time. Otherwise, I would not try to solve the issue myself so as to not cause more tension. Though, I would offer my personal assistance if they'd prefer to have someone they know and trust to serve as a middle-ground.

There’s a school faculty member abusing their power on school grounds! What do you do?:

I would reach out to the faculty member and ask what they are doing and why. I would ask for more information on the situation, and once I come to the conclusion that they are abusing their power, I would inform them of their flaws in their actions. If they refuse to listen, I would contact a faculty higher-up with valid evidence.

Your friend has been given detention and has asked you to get them out of trouble. What do you do?:

I would tell them that I can't do anything to reverse the consequences of their actions, and even if I could, I would not. I would tell them that detention isn't the worst thing and only lasts an hour depending on the teacher. I would tell them to endure it and to not make the same mistake again if they do not wish to receive detention again.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS
Character Name:

Salem Hanasaki

Character Gender:

Female

Character Age:

Character phone-number:

706-402-625

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:

Salem is a rather aloof individual. They appear to not be aware of their surroundings. They can come off as rude at times, though it's simply because they're unfiltered and say whatever comes to mind immediately. It's safe to say they don't think before they speak, unless given a specific situation. It would seem they resemble a child in more ways than one. Due to this, Salem is sometimes described as 'pure' or 'innocent.' They are truly a curious individual and may ask question after question, sometimes they may even contradict themself.
Salem is really a caring individual, though they don't show it very often. They can be seen as emotionless and detached at times, indifferent and uncaring. Though, it's simply because they do not comprehend the complexity of emotions and such. Their schizoid personality disorder plays a major role in such.
Even without their disorder, their personality can be referred to as 'amiable.'

Character appearance/attire:

Salem would greet you as a light brown Arabian teenager standing at 152.2cm (5") with a petite build. They would be at the weight of 95.7lbs. Their deep green eyes would pierce your own with a distant, exhausted gaze. There would be small, hardly noticeable bags under their eyes. Their deep blue hair would be cut short to around chin length, cupping their face. Their demeanor would seem defenseless and unaware, aloof. They are usually seen with their head raised high, looking straight in front of them with something that could be described as confidence. . Or as though they just don't care.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

I believe that everyone has something special that they could contribute to the council team. I believe that I could personally contribute utmost dedication, out-of-the-box ideas, and a little bit of spice to any events that the council may host. I will contribute everything I can in every way I can at all times. I will never hold back from speaking out when necessary and presenting any ideas I may have. I will always present myself with respect and confidence. I acknowledge the difference between arrogance and confidence and I can assure that I will never become arrogant in my ways. I believe I am trustworthy as I am always honest, never leaving a detail out of a story, even if I am the one in the wrong. I own my mistakes and do everything I can to make up for them. As I am human, I do make mistakes, but I'll make sure it never affects the council's team ethic.

Why do you want this position?:

I wish to contribute to the community and students of the highschool in every way I possibly can. I want to be a part of something where my hard work, efforts, and ideas will be appreciated. I want to be in a team where respect is equal upon one another and people outside the team alike. I want to be able to ensure the safety of other students and be able to give punishments where and when it is needed, rather than sitting by unable to do anything. I want to be able to ensure that the students are in a safe and fun environment with interactive people surrounding them, where everyone interacts with one another with respect and kindness.

What interests you the most about student council?:

I guess I'd have to say the ability to help others in effective ways. I, myself, am a very proactive person rather than a reactive person, though I can never constitute proper punishments and/or consequences. The teamwork within the council also catches my eye. The way they always cooperate with one another and the communication. I've seen how they put their heads together and I wish to get in on the action and planning as well. I am aware I seem to be indifferent in the eyes of others, and I don't mind this, but I don't want to be seen that way forever. The amount of effort the council body puts into their work ethic every day is admirable and I want to be able to participate in that.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

I can personally contribute out-of-the-box ideas and suggestions. I am always open to suggestions and constructive criticism. I react to everything with a positive attitude and outgoing mind set, rather than a negative and pessimistic aspect. I want to be able to assist in making the school environment a better and improved one for everyone. I want everyone to be able to get along and have fun with one another. Of course as we're all human, we have our faults. Fights are prone to happen, but it's not appropriate to do so on school grounds. I want to help everyone to view the school as a healthy, mature, and fun environment. Not just the students, but the faculty as well. The school environment is not just inhabited by students, but by the faculty as well, and I want to help make their jobs easier, as much as I can without stepping over any and all boundaries.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread