players online

Accepted tori/toranekos' event team application

toranekos

Level 79
vbztr
vbztr
Rich+

IGN:

I'm applying on toranekos which, if you are interested, is a college cheerleader.
My other notable accounts are 6Fruitcake, where I have applied for council, and tsuzura, where I am a CL Psychiatrist as of writing this.

Explain your activity on the Server:

Whilst being humble, I'd say my activity is pretty good. In recent months, I've found much more motivation to log on - specifically on toranekos. If my actual time of activity is what you're looking for, it's safe to say on Monday-Thursday I have a consistent activity schedule that will always usually be AFTER 6pm BST/GMT [Depending on daylight savings] due to school, family, and my own personal wellbeing. Friday-Sunday will have a much more spontaneous schedule. I will log on whenever I want, pretty much. Please bear in mind that my activity may be disrupted in recent days due to moving houses!

What previous experience do you have working in a team?:

It pleases me to confidently say that I have a great history of teamwork.

Debate team/club - [IRL]

During my previous year in school before the pandemic, I was part of an opportunity that included a debate club! This club headed over to different schools and such where we would have competitions. I believe that being a part of the team allowed me to develop better teamwork skills - and also on-the-spot idea-making. As a speaker during a debate, you need to make sure that you word things well so not only the opposition but also your team can understand. You almost build opportunities for your teammates with the points you make. Often, the team has to discuss things before debates - a very short and uptight period of time where everyone has to keep their cool and give it their all. Not to mention - sometimes you need creative ways to give a strong rebuttal. These are all things that being upon such a team has taught me.

Student council - [IRL]

As of now, I am on the student leadership team for the school I go to. I’ve learned that it’s important to not be a lone wolf sort of character during a meeting. Encouragement to talk and share ideas is a must-have skill for something of that degree. A big part of the councilor's role is really checking out the scene and hearing what people want, then making suggestions or developing ideas based on that. My time as student council has taught me it’s okay to give constructive criticism, even when hesitant, along with accepting any criticism given to me. Working with other students to create beneficial concepts is nothing I’m new to, thanks to this opportunity.

School teams - [SRP]

Since joining all the way back in November of 2016, I have been on a total of three sports teams. I will not be talking about my first two experiences, for they were a very much spur of the moment decision to join and I have since developed a much better understanding of what it really means to be on a team. I do not think this erases my experience though, for there was a lot of positive communication.

Currently, I am on the College cheer team under the lovely captain suneaterchan. It’s been just a bit under a year since I was accepted; my teamwork has INCREDIBLY inclined since then! If we go through all the technicalities, cheerleading ICly still is conventionally reliant on teamwork. Unless your character is incredibly talented, and you have the means to roleplay it out, it’s pretty unrealistic to do a massive stunt all on your own without the cooperation of at least one other member. Take our most recent performance as of writing this application, the mini-routine before tryouts. It was mandatory for the team to be communicating throughout the small event for it to be as successful as it was. Timing had to be good, same with the motions. None of us could have achieved it on our own, it would take one thing going wrong to mess it up. This is why I believe being on the team has really boosted that attribute of mine, I love to contribute whilst respecting the other team-member’s ideas.

KPD/EMS - [SRP]

My FINAL point outlines my experiences in the KPD and my current role as EMS. These positions are very much teamwork-reliant, too.

Beginning with my time as KPD, I must admit that talking to my fellow officers and coming to points of agreement was always a huge thing. It was always heavily discouraged to go out alone or do things without assistance, which really pushed me into kick-starting the forming of these traits. EMS requires this too! Considering we get some very serious situations where there’s no time to mess around - we need to get into that productive mood ASAP. Not to mention, the teamwork between KPD and EMS is vital!!!

I’d like to add that during meetings, we don’t always agree with each other - which has taught me to hear out ideas a lot more and give my own compromise so everyone is happy.

What makes you different from other applicants?:

I do possess a lot of common traits such as other applicants but I’d very much like to say that I differ from them in my own way, too.

First off, I’d like to link back to a very subtle point I made during my teamwork section. “Not to mention - sometimes you need creative ways to give a strong rebuttal.”. This really just means that I’m a creative thinker in desperate situations. I’ve never been someone who sits down and thinks for ages and ages, trying to develop ideas out of nowhere. I take inspiration out of the resources around me, whether it’d be experiences that sparked a concept, a single word or theme that hauls in ideas, or simply a show or book I’ve read. I can use the things around me to think of, at least, the start of a concept. I make time for the development, I simply need that spontaneous starting point, first.

At times, my work ethic is incredible. Of course, I get done what’s mandatory and I do it to the expected quality; however, if I feel I am capable of more my achiever instinct kicks in and I can reach great heights based on my motivation alone. I often do have these bursts of motivation to work on things, which is when all of the best ideas spring into my head! I’m willing to do more, if offered, I’m a very rational people-pleaser when it comes to the community. If I can channel my work ethic into something as fun and positive as planning an event, I’m all ears.

Linking back to ANOTHER brief point previously stated... “A big part of the councilor role is really checking out the scene and hearing what people want”. I’d be nowhere if my ideas were developed strictly on my own wants and ideas. Whilst I have a very different demographic from a lot of players, I can understand what they would consider a fun event based on criticism or praise I hear after other events, along with their overall demeanor towards certain roleplay situations. To reiterate my point, my intuition does not often fail me.

I think all of these traits single me out from the other applicants at least a little bit. Whilst I share the obvious skill of communication and teamwork, I really would like to put emphasis on the points above because they are what make me different at the end of the day. I can guarantee you that someone like me could benefit the event team even just a bit, I want to put myself out there and benefit the community!

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team:

I’ll list a few events that come to mind. Along with what resources are needed and what sort of event it is, as I have seen it’s better to clarify that! All of these ideas are my own unless specified otherwise.

This event is most likely going to be a FLASH EVENT to avoid lag and players flooding the area.

CONCEPT:
My concept for this idea is as follows:
There will be a /event
/event Letters from an unknown sender have been popping up all over Karakura, one appears to be pinned outside of apartment Block B.
/event A mysterious clue . . . ? Perhaps you should follow it to figure out who’s behind this.
This triggers the event. A sign must be placed right outside of Block B on the wall, indicating that a letter is there, along with the contents. For example…
“I bring the mail to you all! I just drove out of the tunnel.”
Which leads the individual to the tunnel and so on.. The clues get harder as the players go along. You may be wondering, what is the point of this? Well, this is a scavenger hunt, of sorts. At the end of the search, the final clue leads you to a mailman who bears a prize! This could be yen, a special item like a head or any other item of value. It’s important to know that only one player can be victorious, which is why the event shouldn’t be announced as to avoid a massive crowd and uncertainty of who won.
My idea for the route of clues could be Block B - Tunnel - Beach campfire - Waterpark bathroom - Then the final location, hidden in the zen garden.
It’s likely we may need the mailman to have shift lock on so as to not give away where the name tag is, so it’s more fun!
Once the mailman has been found, another /event could be sent.

/event It appears the one behind the letters was a mysterious mailman from another city. His motive is unknown…!
/event All of the letters have been taken down, no trace of the man is left.

RESOURCES:

- A reliable player or staff member to play the role of the mailman.
- Perhaps, a skin for the mailman skin and tag given to said player.
- A prize for the scavenger hunt, ideas are above.
- Signs placed around the map in those locations, with written clues.

WHY WOULD THIS EVENT BE ENTERTAINING?:

The player base seems to get a kick out of anything competitive. During the Christmas scavenger hunt, many were eager to get involved. I feel like, if we raise the stakes it could be very much thrilling for the players to attend. It puts their detective skills up to the test and is overall just a fun thing. There aren’t many scavenger hunt events that have been done, and this one strays from typical.

This event would be classified as a MINI EVENT due to not needing much preparation.

CONCEPT:
This was initially inspired by the cultural festival in Japan, the words sparked an idea for me and I developed this concept, instead.
Karakura is a very diverse city - and it’s likely that the new map will be too. Not a lot of cultural appreciation goes toward the minority groups or those of non-japanese descent. This event would help all characters acknowledge, embrace and celebrate their cultural differences. Students will be encouraged to wear traditional clothing and talk to others about their culture if they wish! It’s also an easy way to find people of the same descent as your character. This would ideally take place in the hallway area designated for club rooms as it has the right proportions for some booths to be set up. I’m not very sure of the specifics for a /event to start things off due to only ever really planning one /event for a club.
I was also thinking that there could be a booth or two selling snacks and mini-quizzes done, encouraging students to share their geographical knowledge!

RESOURCES:
- Student council willing to help plan the event
- Country themed booths, perhaps the most common ones in Karakura e.g Russia, America, France etc that contain fun facts about the countries! Snack booth.
- A premade quiz, there could be a prize, who knows?

ADDITIONAL NOTE:
Japanese students would still be encouraged to wear their traditional clothing, participate and learn about other cultures.

It’s different! People often don’t get a lot of representation for their characters and it can be almost stereotyped for it to be tougher to not be Japanese in a Japanese city. This event would not only educate people but be a fun celebration where you can engage in interesting conversation regarding your character’s background! Plus, traditional clothing needs a lot more appreciation!!!

My divider broke :(

This would be considered a MAJOR EVENT due to having to be scheduled and planned out much more thoroughly.

CONCEPT:
Hear me out, I’m aware this event is much more mellow compared to my other two, especially for a major event but we could totally make this work!
It’s pretty self-explanatory, it’s a fishing contest. Whoever catches the biggest, best fish wins! It can be pretty stressful to have a massive amount of people throwing hooks 24/7, which is why I’ve specified some preparations.
/event The fishing contest has begun at the dock! Make sure you bring some bait. Happy fishing~!
Fishing rods can be purchased at the location.
You may be asking, why the dock? This leads me to my next point.
If we added some ‘inflatables’ leading off from the dock, we could totally have designated, barriered off areas for 1-2 people fishing at the time. So, if we had 6 areas, we could have up to 12 people fishing at the same time. The rules would be simple! You get to catch 3 fish, then you’re off. You must hand them all over to someone running the event.
Potentially an entry fee.
I have chosen to make the limit 3 to avoid abuse of just standing there and fishing forever. I must admit, this event is sort of luck-based, too.
It would be convenient to have a book or spreadsheet where people can note down the IGN, RPName, and biggest catch that each player had. Naturally, there should be some sort of prize... Which I presume could be some money, and an exclusive trophy that would indicate the winner of the fishing festival.
At the end of the festival, you would get another /event
/event The young fishermen and women begin to pack up, indicating the end of the contest. The winner will be announced soon.
Then, once we find out who actually had the best fish:
/event It appears to be that the winner of the contest is…
/event [PLAYERS RPNAME!] Please come back and collect your award.

RESOURCES:
- Some sort of NPC or sign that sells fishing rods.
- People willing to monitor the event/work at the stand. Someone to collect an entry fee.
-A set prize and a trophy with a specific description
- Some ‘inflatables’ set up around the dock, along with barriers and gates that only the workers have access to.
- A premade book, spreadsheet or format to note down sizes of fish.

Simple. It's a really interactive event. When you think about it, not many events actually involve the player doing something that's actually built into the game like fishing. It could also be a fun way to promote a sort of dead topic on the server, which is fishing.

Thank you for reading my application! My discord is above if you have any questions or concerns regarding my application.

Attachments

• upload_2021-3-14_11-15-50.png
    upload_2021-3-14_11-15-50.png
    67.7 KB · Views: 1
  • upload_2021-3-14_11-22-11.png
    upload_2021-3-14_11-22-11.png
    8.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

hebwig

Level 111
ACCEPTED

- Congratulations! Your application was phenomenal and even pleasant to the eyes to read. We're excited to have you on the team and to put these events forth! Contact heb#5009 over Discord to receive your roles and a short briefing on the event team. . .​

Users who are viewing this thread