Level 11
caysvie
caysvie
Rich
KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):

toxigenic
alts: caysvie (College B), lautturi (Doctor)

Discord Name & Tag:

aspen#9980

Previous bans:

I have no previous bans and plan to keep it that way!

Describe your activity on the server:

I’d call myself quite the active player within the community. I have been playing consistently between two accounts, now three, since around January of this year; when I returned to SRP after quite a long break. I’ve managed to climb my way up to College on my main account, and get accepted into EMS in these few months and I don’t think my activity has faltered much since. I spend time swapping between my accounts, depending on the roleplay situations available and if I feel like playing as one of my characters, or the other. Now, with the summer having started, I’ll have a lot of time on my hands, and a lot of time available to me, so I’ll most likely be spending a bit more time on the server than I did before.

Which timezone are you in?

EEST (Eastern European Summer Time)

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

EMS Doctor Application [ACCEPTED]

What is your motivation for applying?:

I’ve been in EMS for a few months now, and I’ve worked alongside KPD, seeing a glimpse (even if it is just the smallest one) into the work of an Officer on the server, and honestly; It piqued my interest. I was interested in joining the KPD before I did apply for EMS, but issues with accounts and attributes were the thing that caused me to eventually ask for my application to be removed.

Now, since I have three accounts, I’ve decided to take my shot at joining KPD! The work of Police on the server interests me, and I’d like to take a try at the roleplay that comes with being an Officer on the server. I’ve had my shot at GangRP and CrimeRP in the past, but it didn’t really interest me. The only thing that really interested me within GangRP was the fights, and the P2L fights that came along with it. I’m assuming that there’s a lot of rolling and fighting actions that comes with being an Officer, and that part does interest me quite a bit!

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

In the most simple sense; the Police have a job to “Serve and Protect”. Their job is to protect the citizens of Karakura and enforce the law within the town. They’re expected to be able to protect people and their properties, through non-aggressive means, or aggressive ones, if nothing else works. Police Officers have very strict guidelines that they need to abide by, under the threat of losing their job or even being arrested and placed on trial themselves if they break said guidelines.

The work of a police officer on the server is about the same as described above. Officers have a bunch of equipment that they’re given, to protect themselves and to protect others. Some of this equipment includes (but isn’t limited to):

Police Baton
A metal baton is used either as a defensive weapon to sedate any criminals or used as a tool for compliance. Usually, it’s aimed at the knees, and it is quite a painful thing to get hit by!

Handcuffs
The police force uses handcuffs to restrict the movement of an arrested criminal until they’ve been transferred into a jail cell.

Police Radio
Officers usually end up on different sides of the town, by responding to emergency calls or for other reasons. The radio is an imperative tool for the officers to be able to communicate with each other quickly. The radio is used to call for backup, or even to call for EMS assistance in different situations.

Breathalyser
Public intoxication is a crime in Karakura, as it is in many other places. A breathalyser is a tool for an officer to be able to determine for certain if someone is intoxicated or not.

X26 Taser
One of the most iconic KPD equipment on the server! A Taser is a tool that officers use to completely subdue someone for two minutes if they’re being aggressive or refusing to comply.

Police Bike/Police Cruiser
The two types of vehicles that are in the use of the Police Department! They both have the same use, and that is for officers to be able to get from the station to different places quickly. They can also be used whilst patrolling the city.

Glock-17
Also one of the most well-known police equipment on the server. A Glock-17 is a weapon which is given out to higher-ups only, and for good reason.

Police Officers go through rigorous training, both in the physical and informational sense, so that they can do their job perfectly and follow protocol correctly. Police also have the job to solve crimes, but that job is usually left for the Detectives. Police need to gather evidence from a scene, gather statements from victims and/or witnesses, and then interrogate people later, in order to get a grip of the full picture of what had happened. Police also usually have to testify in court proceedings, giving their statement on what had happened, if they were involved in the situation.

A police station has a lot of officers, whom are all separated into different ranks based upon their time in the force, their experience and their level of responsibility. The KPD is split into two divisions; Officer and Detective.

MAIN DIVISION:

Cadet

Every person who begins working at the KPD starts off as a Cadet, this basically means that they’re yet to undergo training, or are in the process of being trained. Unfortunately, they aren’t allowed to leave the station until they’ve passed their exams and went on to become a patrol officer. Cadets are usually the ones responsible for sitting at the front desk of the station.

Patrol Officer
First rank above being a Cadet! This means that they’re an official officer, they’ve passed their exams and all of that.

Corporal
The rank right above Patrol Officer. Corporals are given more responsibility than that of a Patrol Officer; which includes training the newcomers! They’re the first rank responsible for training cadets.

Sergeant
Sergeants aren’t all that much different from Corporals, they just have a higher rank. As with everyone above them, they’re still responsible for training the cadets, either with informational training or physical.

Lieutenant
The rank right below the Police Captain, responsible for overseeing the majority of the officers below them. This is the highest rank achievable within the department, without joining the Detective division. (And excluding the Captain)

Captain
The boss of the Main Division, the one responsible for overseeing everyone within the Main Division.

DETECTIVE DIVISION

Detective Constable

The lowest rank within the Detective division, where they’ll get trained on a bunch of new things that being a Detective entails; such as interrogation methods and other things. They have a specific job to investigate crimes. They’re pretty much the Cadets of the Detective Division.

Detective Inspector
The “Patrol Officers” of the Detective Division, pretty much just Detectives who’ve passed their exams and went on to become Inspectors.

Detective Chief Inspector
The second highest position within the Detectives.

Detective Superintendent
Pretty much the Captain of the Detective Division, they’re responsible for overseeing everyone in said Division.

Commissioner
The big boss, the highest position of all. The Commissioner is responsible for all bigger decisions made within the Department and for the Department.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?

GangRP and CrimeRP both have a reasonably high presence on the server, with Karakura having an active Black Market and with the Government faction as well. The government needs people enforcing the laws, for everything to work out. The Police faction is significant to SchoolRP, in the shortest way to put it; because it balances out the CrimeRP aspect of the server. There wouldn’t be any risk when it comes to CrimeRP if there were no Police balancing it out. Karakura is as crime-filled as it is, so the town would fall into chaos if the KPD wasn’t there.

The KPD also adds a sense of realism to the server, same with the Hospital and the Town factions. They aren’t inherently necessary to a server like SchoolRP, which has a main focus of roleplaying in a school environment, but they add a bigger sense of realism to the server and the town of Karakura, giving people more opportunities to roleplay things that they necessarily wouldn’t be able to if the Police faction wasn’t there.

Police is also just one part of the equation when it comes to the town of Karakura. The Judges within the Town Hall can’t be running around, catching criminals and dragging them to the courtroom. Everyone within the judicial system is needed in order for everything to work, and that includes Police to some extent.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?

Yes, I do.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you agree to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?

I acknowledge this, and I agree.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

Yes, I acknowledge this fact.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

Fuyuko Uchibayashi

Character's age (if accepted):

Character's gender & pronouns:

Fuyuko identifies as a woman, and goes by she/her pronouns!

Character's Academic Background

(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Master’s Degree in Psychology

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?

English

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?

Fuyuko Uchibayashi is a Japanese, fairly well-built and quite pale woman standing at a height of 5’8’’. Most of the time, she’d be wearing a smile on her face, at least when encountering her co-workers or citizens. She hopes to make an example that the Police aren’t cold and ruthless like many citizens seem to think.

Her hair is spiky straight and honey blonde, although her natural hair colour is a dark brown. She hasn’t been seen with her natural hair colour in around ten years, give or take, her scalp is crying and begging for mercy at this point. She isn’t one to experiment with her hair, or with her appearance overall. She had quite the rebellious phase in her twenties, but it never caused her to get anything more than a floral tattoo, which is placed right underneath her collarbone.

Fuyuko is an extrovert! She loves being around people and she’s quite the blabbermouth, if you will… She can go on and on about any kind of topic, sometimes even coming off as rude because of it. She’s quite a happy person, as well, not many things are able to get her smile to falter.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?

Fuyuko is quite a positive person, that fact shining through in both professional and casual situations. For any professional situation, it does depend on who she’s speaking to or interacting with. She looks down upon criminals, no matter their charge. She won’t go out of her way to have a conversation with an inmate, but she’ll make sure that their rights and needs are fulfilled, they’re humans, after all. When it comes to inmates, she does her best to suppress her feelings toward them. No matter how much she’d like to leave them there to starve, she acknowledges that she has a duty to look after them.

She’s quite the empath, when it comes to other people. People making reports, citizens who’ve been wronged and need assistance from the police. She would do anything in her power to help them.

As for casual situations, she usually gives up the serious facade whenever she leaves her workplace. Whenever she’s not on duty, she takes the time to relax and to let go of any facade that she’s had to put up with for the situations that come up at work. When she’s speaking to her co-workers, she does let it slip a bit. It’s just when citizens or inmates are present that she’s completely serious.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

She loves the idea! She’s quite the chatterbox, maybe even talking a bit too much sometimes… Either way, she loves the idea of having co-workers, of having people who are in the same situation she’s in, people she can relate to, especially in the workplace.

“Being a part of a team? It does depend on what kind of team it is… In the business that I’m in right now, I do think it’s great to have people that you can rely on for help and people that can rely on you. To put it short, I like the idea!”

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?

“I see myself as primarily a follower. Of course, there have been situations where I’ve had to step up and become the leader. I haven’t exactly been ready when those situations have happened, and it was… Quite stressful, to say the least. I don’t like the stress of being the leader, of needing to know everything for a certain and all of that, and having to be responsible for other people’s wellbeing… It’s just not for me, you know? I’d rather be told what to do than be the one telling people what to do. That fact may be prone to change in the future, but as of now… I see myself as a follower. One-hundred-percent.”

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

(622 words - 3303 characters)

Fuyuko Uchibayashi was born 16th of July 1990 in the town of Nikko, Japan. She was one of many children, having around 4 siblings in total by the age of 14, being born right smack dab in the middle of all of them.

“Five kids in total, can you believe it?! Five!”

This also meant that her parents weren’t quite that attentive to her, at least not in the emotional sense. Her oldest sister, Chana, ended up acting as a parental figure to her. She was the one Fuyuko went to if she had any issues. Issues with relationships? Tell Chana. Problems at school? Chana knew.

But, Chana was also 6 years older than Fuyuko, and they were living in a small town. She didn’t want to live in a small town for the rest of her life, and she wanted to go out into the world and go to a bigger university. So, when Fuyuko was 13 and Chana had just turned 19, she left. Chana left for Tokyo University and left Fuyuko behind.

“It did make me a little sad, of course… I loved my sister more than anything. But, of course, that’s life. You win some, and you lose some. I think…”

Fuyuko was saddened by this, but she accepted it as a part of life. As for Fuyuko herself, she was the complete opposite of her sister. The girl had no sweet clue what she was going to do. She didn’t know what she was going to study, she didn’t even really mind the small town. She thought it was nice, with everyone knowing everyone and all that.

Fuyuko graduated High School, still having no clue what she was going to do. That was when she got the idea… She was going to enlist in the Japanese Military! Fuyuko, at least when she was younger, was not someone you would call physically suitable for the military. Most of her family members facepalmed when she told them about this, but she was determined to prove them wrong.

“Heh, yeah. The military. I definitely wouldn’t be in as good of a shape as I am now if it wasn’t for that. It started a routine of sorts!”

She did quite well in the military, climbing up the ranks to Sergeant before she left, at the age of 22. She then carried on to University. She took a Bachelor’s Programme in Psychology, finishing it after four years. She was now 26, going back to University to finish her Master’s Degree.

“I wanted to become a military psychologist, a military the****** if you will… I saw a lot of traumatised individuals in the military, and I wanted to be a part of the group that could help them, you know?”

She finished her Master’s Programme in three years and began working as a psychologist within the military. After some time, she did find that her job wasn’t all that enjoyable… She started to miss the military but felt like she couldn’t re-enlist.

After having worked as a psychologist for 2 years at that point, she handed in her resignation and went back to her hometown of Nikko, joining their Police Force.

“I liked it there! It was great to see my hometown again, and be able to work there. I got to see my family more, too.”

Now, at the age of 32, Fuyuko’s tired of the work, and bored again. Being the adventurous woman she is, she’s looking for new horizons of sorts. She’s heard rumours of Karakura, of how crime-filled it is, and even though she is quite concerned, it does also excite her. She didn’t have much to do at her old job, other than the usual desk work.

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot. You cannot legally own any kind of weapon outside of a metal bat in Karakura, even then; if you have a felony on your record, you can’t even own a metal bat or a ballistic mask.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription

Eyepatches, Cough Syrup, Paracetamol, Glasses and Iron Supplements

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?

That would be against the inmate’s rights and the law. Fuyuko would immediately spring into action, attempting to pry her co-worker off of the inmate. She would even go in between her co-worker and said inmate if she had to.

She has quite a dislike for criminals, but that doesn’t mean that she treats them like animals. After she had managed to get the altercation to end, she would check if the inmate sustained any injuries, taking them to the medical bay if necessary.

It is not okay, in any situation, for an officer to assault an inmate. Fuyuko would go ahead and inform a higher-up about the altercation, giving them whatever proof they needed and letting the higher-ups handle the rest.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?

As with the one above, she would spring into action immediately. She’s the type of person to defend her co-workers with her life. It does, of course, depend on the enemy. If there’s an entire gang attacking them or if the situation would simply cause her and her co-worker to get hurt, she wouldn’t jump in.

If it does end up with her jumping into the fight, she would radio for backup beforehand. It’s better to be safe than sorry. After the situation is over, of course depending on if she got injured herself; she would take her co-worker to the hospital for their injuries.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?

Fuyuko would be in shock, of course. She’d proceed to inform a higher-up about this, not even bothering to ask said co-worker, she doesn’t want to get entangled in it, or even targeted herself. Even though she is quite the blabbermouth, this is one of the things she’d keep completely to herself, not even telling her closest co-workers.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?

She would not react positively, at all. She looks down upon criminals, and people bribing her make her feel even more embarrassed for them. Fuyuko gets so irritated over bribery, so much so that she could look them dead in the eyes as she wrote them a fine. She would proceed to ignore their bribes completely and hand them a fine, since bribery is a fineable offence.​

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 328
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team
has decided to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.​

We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but
we have made this decision based on the following reason(s)

COMPETITIVITY
-
Due to the vast amount of applicants that try their best to get into the
faction, we sometimes have to deny good applicants because there are
others that have been deemed as better choices, whether it's due to
server reputation or due to the detail that was put to their application.

- A decisive factor that influences our decision is server reputation. We tend
to pick players who have been in the server for a while, and that have a
relatively clean history. We suggest applying for other factions / community
teams to improve how other players see you and boost your chances at
becoming part of our faction!

ADDITIONAL NOTES
If you need further assistance, you can privately message
me (Yonio#5112) or any other available Admin+ via Discord
so that we can solve any other inquiries you may have

Users who are viewing this thread