players online

TTS in Discord VC!

urufu

Level 7
Urrufu
Urrufu
Rich
What's your Minecraft Username?: Urrufu
What's the title of your suggestion?: TTS in Discord VC!

What's your suggestion?:
I think it would be really good to get a Text-To-Speech for VC on Discord. This is do-able with bots, I've used one before that's really good!

I think this would be good because VC is really important for communication, and also a good way to make friends OOC! There are a lot of people on SRP that cannot talk for various reasons, whether they're mute, lack a mic, or simply don't have the confidence to do so. Adding a TTS Bot would resolve this issue swiftly as it takes no more than 5 minutes to set up, is relatively easy to moderate, and can be used by everybody!

BOT I WOULD RECOMMEND
If you are to accept this, I recommend the bot simply called 'TTS Bot'. It's easy to set up and can be set to only work in specific text channels to avoid spam. The set up is super easy as well, meaning it wouldn't take too much time to get working!

Please do consider this suggestion, it would be really helpful for those that want to get engaged with VC but are unable to talk!! Thanks for reading <3

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This benefits the community as it allows those without the ability to talk (various reasons listed previously) the option to still engage with VC. This is incredibly important as it can make faction training, faction meetings, and general conversation much easier.

kustomzero

Level 145
UrAJinx
UrAJinx
Omega
+1

As someone who’s uncomfortable speaking in VCs and out of my comfort zone I think this is a great idea. I actually use that same bot you recommended in your suggestion in my own discord servers. It’s really easy to set up and it’s also convenient to use. If the SRP community can have this TTS Bot in the official servers like the hub, academic, crime, Gov, and EMS servers it’d be great. I believe adding this bot to these servers won’t hurt.

KimiNoUso

Level 347
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- You should already be able to access Discords built-in feature of text channels inside of Voice Chats. We won't be adding a separate channel for this​

Users who are viewing this thread