mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied [Delete]

Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?: UnforgettableRP

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?): Droopys#9192

How old are you? (Optional): 16, about to turn 17.

What is your time zone?: (CEST) Sweden

Describe your activity on the server: I usually join during the evenings, which corresponds to 5pm-9pm (BST) or longer.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?): Not that I can remember honestly, if so it would have been years ago on my other account.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes, I am fully aware of it.

School Employee Role you are applying for?: Librarian.

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
A school librarian is the one responsible for managing the school library and supporting the educational and research needs of students and faculty. The primary purpose of a school librarian is to provide students with access to resources that will help them achieve academic success. School librarians perform a wide range of tasks, including selecting, organizing, and maintaining the library's collection of books, periodicals, audiovisual materials, and other resources. They also provide instruction to students and faculty on how to use library resources effectively, including how to conduct research, evaluate sources, and cite information.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have a good history of roleplaying both on srp and many other roleplay servers on minecraft, aswell as some roleplaying in other games. I have played many different characters, all with different personalities, ages and learnt all the fundamental basics of how roleplaying works.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
Because I have been stuck playing a college student for a long time on my main account, and I want to try something new on the server. Besides that, I find the work of a school librarian amusing.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
[ACCEPTED] - Korean application.
[ACCEPTED] - Swedish application.
[ACCEPTED] - Mandarin application.
[ACCEPTED] - JSL application.

Notes: I have more appeals and applications on another account on the forums, which I no longer have access to.

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):

UnforgettableRP - Grade 12
Droopys - College [Baseball]
────────────
Situations

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Aware of the current situation, Mieru calmly confronts the student who offended him and tells the student with a calm tone that their behavior and inappropriate language is not acceptable on school grounds or anywhere else. He remains calm to avoid creating any sort of argument and further explains to them that such behavior may lead to detention or worse if it continues. Conclusively, before letting them go, he empathizes with them and shows his understanding by saying that everyone can have a bad day. He then repeats to watch their language and lets the student go.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
After noticing the conflict between the students, Mieru's first thought was to break up the fight immediately to prevent the conflict from escalating. He then stepped in between the students and made himself heard by raising his voice and commanding them to stop. He calmly asked any bystanders gathered around the fight to leave and privately confronted the two students who were fighting. If other faculty members were not around, Mieru would request help over the radio. Meanwhile, he asked both students why they were fighting, and explained the unnecessary nature of conflicts. Depending on the severity of the fight, he would suggest that they both go to the nurse’s office. In an alternate scenario, if the students did not make up, he would send them to detention to teach them a lesson about consequences.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Mieru’s response to the employee's action would be to calmly confront them and question their choice. He would ask them why they made the inappropriate action and try to reason with them, advising the employee to act more appropriately and maturely. Mieru would remind the employee that they are supposed to set a good example for the students and that their actions could mislead younger individuals to believe it is the right thing to do. If Mieru’s words do not affect the inappropriate behavior of his coworker, he would seek help from another faculty member. Mieru would also discuss the dangerous act with other faculty members for their opinions and thoughts, stressing the importance of not acting this way as it could leave a bad impression on the students and possibly lead to them losing their jobs.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?:
Upon casually entering the break room, Mieru greeted his fellow coworkers with a warm and heartfelt smile as he walked to the coffee machine. While filling up his morning cup of coffee, he engaged in friendly and casual conversations with the other faculty members, asking them about anything eventful occurring in their lives. As he sipped from his coffee, he scanned the room and took note of its atmosphere. After finishing his coffee, Mieru searched for his schedule and calendar to plan out his day. Meanwhile, he continued to chat with his colleagues about any events or occasions worth noting down. Afterwards, he washed his cup and placed it neatly among the other cups before heading to his station at the library. There, he patiently waited for students while occasionally grooming his beard and remaining open to friendly conversations with anyone who came by.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
&uMieru meticulously examined the fiction books on the shelves to ensure they were properly organized and in their correct places. He carefully sorted them by placing the authors' surnames in alphabetical order, going through each bookcase to double-check for any errors. During his examination, he found several books that were out of place and quickly returned them to their proper location. Once the books were sorted, Mieru neatly dusted off the shelves using a feather duster to prevent any dust allergies within the library.

/me &uWhen a student approaches Mieru at his station, he straightens his posture and kindly greets the student, &r”Good day, lad. What can I help you with?”&r with a warm smile. As the student hands him a book they have written, Mieru quietly reads through it, turning each page with visible excitement and curiosity. Once he has finished reading, he expresses his admiration to the student in shock, &r”Wow, this is truly an amazing work of art! I am impressed that someone your age can write something this good. Well done! You definitely deserve a reward.”&u Mieru then reaches for a token in the drawer next to him and hands it to the student as a token of appreciation for their hard work and talent.

/me &uOn his break, Mieru would walk up to his favorite genre, fantasy, and slide out a random book from the shelf. Holding it by the back cover and bottom, he reads the title and summary of the book. He then sits himself on one of the sofas in the library, makes himself comfortable and begins reading. As he reads through the book, he occasionally looks up from it to observe his surroundings and check for students who may need his assistance, despite being on break. When he is done reading, he places a bookmark on his last read page and closes the book. He rises from the sofa and heads back to his work station, where he places the closed book near him on the desk.
────────────
In-Character Section

Skärmbild 2023-05-20 155046.png
Full Name (First & Last only): Mieru Hasegawa
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr
Preferred Name: Mieru/Ru

Age (Minimum is 25): 33

Academic Degree: High school
Major(s): Literature and communication
Minors: English

Nationality: Korean
Known Languages: Korean, Swedish

Backstory

Mieru Hasegawa was born on July 9th, 1990, in an average household in Seoul, South Korea. During his childhood, his parents played a significant role in shaping his interests and future aspirations. Mieru's father was a literature and Korean history teacher who wanted him to follow in his footsteps. Meanwhile, Mieru's mother, who worked as a librarian at the same school, envisioned her son becoming a librarian.
However, when Mieru was six years old, his parents had a heated argument about his future. His father wanted him to become a teacher, while his mother wanted him to pursue a career in library science. The argument ultimately led to their divorce, and Mieru decided to live with his mother, who supported his dream of becoming a librarian.
Growing up, Mieru struggled to make friends and often found solace in books. He spent a lot of time at the library, spending time with his mother, where he devoured books and honed his communication skills. Mieru's excellent performance in school surprised his teachers, who noticed his talent for language and communication.
Mieru's fascination with the Fantasy genre was so intense that he often found himself lost in the worlds created by the authors. As a result, he became interested in learning Swedish as he believed it to be the language of the elves in the books he loved. Despite the challenges, Mieru's passion for literature and grammar helped him to master the language in a short amount of time.

When it was time to begin high school, Mieru decided to attend a school abroad and was offered a place at the campus in Karakura, Japan. He had already sligthly learned the Japanese language from his mother beforehand and was excited to immerse himself in a new culture. Though it was hard to leave his mother, who had always supported his dreams, Mieru knew that this was an opportunity of a lifetime. On the 16th of June 2006, he said his goodbyes and began his journey to Japan.
On his first day of high school, Mieru became the center of attention in his class since he was new in town. He handled the attention awkwardly but still managed to make a few friends. His first thought was to visit the school library, where he spent most of his break time browsing through the vast collection of books. It was challenging to read Japanese books at first, but he eventually became fluent. After graduating from high school, Mieru immediately enrolled in college to pursue his dream of becoming a librarian.

One day, the school librarian approached Mieru during one of his reading sessions and complimented him on his passion for knowledge and literature. The librarian had noticed Mieru's passion over the years and encouraged him to pursue his dreams, even if he didn't need a college degree to become a librarian.
Mieru followed the advice of the librarian and decided to drop out of college. He then got a job at the local library of Karakura, where he became more social and welcoming. Meanwhile, Mieru became a father to several kids but became a single parent when his partner left him and their children. As time went by, he decided that he not only wanted to be a librarian but a school librarian. Therefore, at the age of 33, he applied for a job at the school library.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I have spent almost all my life being around school faculty, no matter which school. I have always respected their work and admired their support of me. The positive influence they had on my life inspired me to want to join a school faculty, so that I can make a difference in the lives of students. I believe that being a faculty member of KHS would allow me to do just that - to motivate and support students through their tough and stressful times in school, and help them realize their full potential. By creating a nurturing and supportive environment, I hope to inspire students to become the best versions of themselves, both academically and personally. I am excited to contribute to the already outstanding community at KHS and to be part of a team that is dedicated to fostering growth and success in their students.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I believe I should be selected over other applicants because of my strong motivation to make a positive impact in students' lives and serve as a role model to them. As a lifelong learner and avid reader, I have a passion for literature and books that I believe can significantly benefit students' academic progress. In addition to my passion, I have a proven track record of being an effective communicator and collaborator, and I am confident that I can work effectively with both students and fellow faculty members to create a positive and supportive learning environment. I am committed to going above and beyond to ensure that students have the resources and support they need to succeed, and I am excited about the opportunity to contribute my skills and expertise to KHS.
────────────

Extra

Additional notes about your application:

N/A

Do you have any questions?:
Nope. Thank you for reading through my application!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread