mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Unimpeachable's Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gawd

Level 16
IGN (In Game Name): Unimpeachable
Previous bans: Only one I believe, unsure what it was for though.

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server: I'm usually on every day, and usually for about 5-7 hours. When school comes by I'll probably drop in activity but not much at all.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes.

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

List your current and past applications: N/A

What is your motivation for applying?: I've actually been wanting to be something in the school for a while, and lately many of my friends have been becoming some sort of school staff so I figured why not join the ban wagon and take a different approach on role play.

Have you read the megathread for Teachers? Yes.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/teacher-code-of-conduct.1038/ ?
Yes.

Have you read https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/faculty-handbook.1981/ ?
Yes.

You want to start a school field trip, what would you do? Firstly, I'd have to get the okay from the board, aka the principal, before handing out forms to the student's that would describe what type of trip it would be. They'd have to return with a signature by the day of said trip. [Field Trip App]

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class:
1. Respect is given to everyone.
2. Any disruption will result in warning, three strikes your out.
3. All students are required to do all work unless a note is provided.
4. Any purposeful harming of another student will result in a visit to the principals office and a detention.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): As I roleplayer I know what to expect from students if I ever become a teacher. I learned to act my age but to still have a reasonable amount of fun during my time roleplaying without affecting others' time and storylines.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:

Trainee
Newly Qualified Teacher
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills
Head of Department

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes indeed.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? Probably how passive the teachers tend to be towards students. Although I think the teachers are doing well and fine, they don't act as sturn as many should. They tend to let students pass on certain things that normally would have consequences.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose to they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general. Teachers are in our lives for the purpose of teaching us how to live our lives, they teach us everything that most of us would like to know. Teachers are at times like a second set of parents, they are there to correct us and educate us for the future that we all hold. They protect the students when they aren't at home, and they try their hardest to make sure that all the students are doing their very best. Teachers sacrifice so much time in their day to plan out the weeks schedule, grade student work, and then they don't make very much, usually around 55k maybe less(in the US), and they end up putting in more than they get. Teachers are here to make sure that each and every student has themselves together and know how to do many things on their own once the students graduate.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: It wouldn't be a SchoolRP without teachers. Teachers are what brings realism and what makes the server more fun to be on. Many of the teachers now probably resemble their own teachers outside the server.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee: I'd think of this as a Teaching Assistant, a teacher-to-be learning the ropes to be independent.
Newly Qualified Teacher: A teacher fresh out of school, usually being place in for teachers who call out or are in need of help. A teacher who has their foot in the door of being a fully independent teacher.
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills: A 'professional' teacher. A teacher who has been teaching for many many years who usually get by without any difficulty.
Head of Department: Teachers who are in charge of an entire department within the school, they also make sure that all teachers within their department follow the rules.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: The 'Must have, Could have, Should have' system.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?
His name is Caleb Dawson. He is Caucasian but is of Israeli and French decent, his skin is fairly tan with brown hair and green eyes. He stands at 6'2" and has a slightly scruffy beard that he tends to keep very neat, he often will wear his question mark sweater that is blue which also happens to be his favorite color. He is a large fan of History but only a certain parts such as WW2, he is a huge film theorist and he is very superstitious. Although he may seem very strict to some student its purely out of love for them and their health, his entire goal of being a PE teacher is to make sure no student goes on without learning about how to keep healthy and also have fun doing so. To him, his future is whatever may come, he has no plan because he is one to live his life day by day.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Warn them, if they do not heed the warning then I'd simply warn them once again in a more stern tone. After that if they still do not change there ways I'd send them away to detention.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do? First I'd shout over them, and if all else fails I'd blow into a whistle that I have to gain their attention.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?
Act like his normal self, casual, respectful, and very kind to everyone.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.
/me Blows whistle to gain students attention
/me Clicks stopwatch and writes down results
/me Hands out colored jerseys to evens/odds
/me Passes out water bottles to the students
/me Demonstrates how to serve and bump in volleyball

BACKSTORY

From the time he was young Caleb has always been a very active person. His mother would always say he learned to run before he could walk. His father would always have him doing any kind of sports to tire him out, he started in little league baseball, moved to basketball in middle school and tried out for football in high school. He had the opportunity to move on to college football which he gratefully took which sent him all the way across the country. He didn't have much money saved up, he was surviving off of grants from the college and the occasional check from his parents.

During his time at University of Arizona, he met one of the Japanese foreign exchange students named Yamamoto Mei which he quickly became fond of and shortly fell in love with. She's the one who inspired him to learn Japanese, simply to make her time there easier, and to get closer to her and soon he fell in love with the culture of Japan itself.

As his time in the college went, so did Mei's visa, soon she had to return home back to Japan to continue her schooling leaving Caleb heartbroken. He started skipping and failing his classes, started missing practices. It was like his world had came crashing down on him and it took so much of a toll on him that during one of his games he injured himself. It wasn't a simple injury, it was one that caused him his future career in the sport as he was no longer able to continue to play. With no more scholarship money coming in, he had to go back to living off of grants and borrowing money from close friends to continue his schooling.

He realized one day as he was watching his once teammates practice that, it wasn't the sport he loved, it was the people playing and the whole process of learning something that could change your life. He knew he wanted others to feel the way he did, or at least to be like he was. He quickly changed his major from Undecided to Physical Education. He soon went on to teaching at his old high school for a year before he had received an Email from the girl who left him heartbroken.

He had filed for a work visa over in Japan and it was accepted fairly soon, he had scrapped enough money to be able to leave whenever he could after he had graduated which was soon. Just as he was searching for work in Japan, he came across an ad of an available spot at a local school called Taketatsu High school who was in need of a P.E teacher. It was exactly what he was looking for, close to the girl he wished to see again, and also doing the thing he loved to do.

IN CHARACTER
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Caleb Sebastian Dawson
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mr.
Given Name(s): Caleb
Preferred Name: Mr. Dawson/ Caleb

Religious Denomination: Catholic
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: American
Current Location: Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1
Working Experience (# of years): 3

Academic Degree:
Masters Degree in Physical Education and Health

Year of Graduation: 2007
Major(s): Psychology, Physical Education
Minors: History, Anatomy

Native Languages: English, Latin
Other Languages: Japanese

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: None
Preferred Teaching Subject: Physical Education

WiffyBanter

Level 143
KirikoM
KirikoM
Omega
Pending
I do not know if you seriously want to be a teacher, So please message as you have access to PM's with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread