Level 96
JustJuiceHex
JustJuiceHex
Rich+
What's your Minecraft Username?: JustJuiceHex
What's the title of your suggestion?: Update the return item policy

What's your suggestion?:
IDEA 1

If people lose items due to server glitch and bugs and have clear evidence of it - they are permitted to return all items and not just 15 single units. It has been years that this query rose for all players. I learnt it 2 years ago that we need to always store items in lockers/chests before entering any plugin modes, creative being in the same patch list. But there are no clear system alerts to it. Thus, you learn it by losing your inventory which demotivates playing SRP.

I think it is valid and fair enough to return items for players who lost items due to system.

IDEA 2

Alternatively, if you are not willing to work with this suggestion - make clear notifications in the game. Notifications in chat box or player screen - that would alert players to store items before using any plugins. This will save nerves and energy to SRP higher-ups who have to deal item returns. Because with this system being installed - players are formally reminded to be responsible for their own inventory.

How will this benefit the server and community?:
It's literally an old bug that existed for generations of SRP. If not reviewing coping policies to it, at least give clear alerts for new players. This is a clear update requirement for a development team. Roast and deny this suggestion, but when the plugin had a years extended issue, something must be done around it to inform new-coming community.

findouticly

Level 28
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
ngl I myself give + 1 to Idea 2 because it is more cost-effective in all means.
+1'ing yourself is crazyyy....

Anyways, +1 for the 2nd idea, -1 for first. It'd take too much time for staff to give you back every item, and they also have a life, so they dont spend 24 hours on a minecraft server...

imgayforwomen

Level 113
downbadforeilish
downbadforeilish
Notable
+1

There have been so many instances of players glitching on the basketball court and losing their entire inventory because you guys decided do a server reset in the middle of the day. Give us a warning next time, like come on. Just maybe like, a minute prior to the restart, put a notification in chat. I understand server crashes are a different thing, but restarting the server without warning is just kinda… yeah.

ny00m

Level 29
DeyeetMe
DeyeetMe
Rich+
+1 to both (that's +2 in total if my education hasn't failed me)

We get a notification in chat a minute before the scheduled restart, which is fine, but usually when there's a manual proxy restart, for example, there's only sometimes an 'announcement' in chat from staff about it, without any time given. You're sometimes given less than half a minute to gather yourself before an unscheduled restart.

Then there's occasional server crashes and restarts that don't get announced or even acknowledged. With how poorly things are communicated sometimes and how much they affect people('s inventories), I think we deserve to get back everything we've lost to these issues.

Vexosphere

Level 30
Vexosphere
Vexosphere
Notable
this is so amazing that you can lose items because of glitch and you cannot get your eq back. it SHOULD not look like that.
+1 for both ideas

CouldBeDumpster

Level 29
CouldBeDumpster
CouldBeDumpster
Omega+
+1
I hated losing all of my items when the server resets or a plug-in glitches. Thankfully I learned a while ago to take a screenshot of my inventory ALL the time

Blossom789

Level 12
Blossom789
Blossom789
Notable
+1 I can not tell you how many times I lost my inventory to basketball, editmode and other plug-ins... Plzzz... Do this.

Users who are viewing this thread