mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Updating the rules

Avazil

Level 23
Avazil
Avazil
Omega+
Just to probably help this suggestion, Which rules do you feel should be updated on the rules list?

3 – GAME RULES

3.3a Clients to enhance your gameplay experience are allowed as long as they do not give you an advantage (e.g. using a minimap is not allowed).

> I completely understand what it means. I do think other clients should be specified. For example, freecam. It's been said to be allowed; there's also people saying that it wasn't allowed. There are a few miscommunications with it.

> I do understand that you can ask about it through tickets, but from what I'VE seen everyone has a different answer. So, there's not exactly a point if you're receiving mixed responses that could possibly direct you to a warning/further consequences.

> Considering the amount of people who use it.

! – OUTDATED RULES (Should be updated)

5.6b Examples of FearRP you may see related to crime are being fearful of weapons (including police officers’ Glock-17 and tasers), roleplaying realistically in the face of several gang members (armed or not armed), and obeying KPD/EMS when they give directions, and behaving in government buildings.

7.6 Glock-17 pistols owned by police officers cannot shoot further than 30 blocks or shoot underwater. In addition to this, they cannot be mugged.

9.6fa Weaponry: If a deadly weapon is used against your character in a physical way (weapon threats, stabbing, etc.), your character obtains Kill Permissions.

9.6fc Shots fired: If a police officer has attempted to use or used their Glock-17 for Combat purposes on you or a fellow gang member, you obtain kill permissions on the said officer.

6.5 If a weapon is being used against you (excluding Glock-17 and tasers) and you do not have one, you may roll for self-defence (through an action)

10.3 You may not make IC trades for custom item slots. A common example would be: a player buys 5 custom item slots from the store and starts selling each slot for in game money. You can only make these trades once the item has been implemented and configured in game.

10.4 You can't sell ownership of your custom item/vehicles to other players, though you can still purchase copies for in-game money. If you are planning to sell your item to an in-game shop however, please contact MikeShotZ#0960 beforehand.

(Take a look through)

! – FACULTY (Adding on)

(I supplied a linked screenshot in the attached files for reference to my further statement.)

! The screenshot was about detention rules. They were unclear due to other circumstances that happened before this chat. detention after school had been a rule that you can hand one until 5:45PM as all faculty were told but it was randomly changed. Muffin only pinged professors about this change AFTER the situation had happened. This was later cleared up for teachers and professors but from what i heard, school employees were not told about this change still. !

> From what I've seen from both Haneshii, and Philbertman. I can fully agree with their testaments. It would be suited if the school faculty rules were public to everyone, and or written down on the proper forums document as a section also.

> Having them converse with one another does seem frustrating, so having something to rely on might help.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 24

Haneshii

Level 15
Haneshii
Haneshii
Omega+
! The screenshot was about detention rules. They were unclear due to other circumstances that happened before this chat. detention after school had been a rule that you can hand one until 5:45PM as all faculty were told but it was randomly changed. Muffin only pinged professors about this change AFTER the situation had happened. This was later cleared up for teachers and professors but from what i heard, school employees were not told about this change still. !
To add onto this, what I stated here was when I was still faculty. I was a school Librarian, I quit not that long ago due to majority of burnout. Another reason I did quit though is because it felt extremely one sided when it came things like this. No employees were told about this from my understanding of me being in faculty at the time. During this time, I had became Librarian HD and still, no update or anything about rules such as detention slips being handed out after 5:45PM, being changed or a 'heads up' that the rule was changed a while ago. EDIT: I did check the faculty informational handbook, this rule HAS been updated now thankfully! (If this has always been the case and I'm tripping, then it's my fault but there is proof that other faculty did not know this rule.)

What I believe we need to do is to make Faculty Rules apparent to the public and also updated as the faculty handbook to me seems outdated and also could be a bit more detailed. I would wish there were more clear rules about certain school factions. An example is college faction. Of course, it's common knowledge that if you do not go to class, you risk your college spot due to your neglect to care. It all makes sense, however it'd be nice for the rules of how faculty should deal with this sort of thing was written somewhere. I do know that School Employees have to learn from their HD of their department to learn how to do their jobs. However, not everyone is on at the same time, if these people have questions they have to ping in the discord and it's not the most optimal way to find results. So if the rules for faculty were more clear about this, it would make life a lot easier for everyone.

This is separate from rules, but I need to mention that FearRP needs to be abused less by faculty. A lot of older members of faculty I find fun to RP with as a student because they aren't strict and allow DelinquentRP to happen as long as it's being played properly which by the way, is mentioned in the Faculty Handbook. Newer faculty I love them, I do, but a lot tend to just use &4&l statements instantly. Need I say this, if you sign up for faculty, it's fine to make a character that hates their job. I find it funny, but if you OOCLY do not feel like dealing with students and just try to scare students instantly with &4&l then you should realize that this is something you signed up for and you should try to RP it out instead of seeming like you're just threatening students 24/7. I'll admit, I did do the same thing for a bit and even with my character's kids, but I've come to find that RPing out situations and allowing students to even have a chance to have a fun RP experience is a lot more fun. Also, faculty needs to remember, your goal isn't to hand detentions out to students. I think a lot of faculty confuse trying to deal with a situation during school to find a reason to hand them detention.

Last edited:

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+
! – FACULTY (Adding on)

(I supplied a linked screenshot in the attached files for reference to my further statement.)

> From what I've seen from both Haneshii, and Philbertman. I can fully agree with their testaments. It would be suited if the school faculty rules were public to everyone, and or written down on the proper forums document as a section also.

> Having them converse with one another does seem frustrating, so having something to rely on might help.
THISS!! I'm not faculty/professor faction anymore but holy, it was so unclear when I was in Professor faction long-ago

SIMPL3Z

Level 106
Community Team
Lore Team
9.6fa Weaponry: If a deadly weapon is used against your character in a physical way (weapon threats, stabbing, etc.), your character obtains Kill Permissions.
this one isn't outdated..

7.6 Glock-17 pistols owned by police officers cannot shoot further than 30 blocks or shoot underwater. In addition to this, they cannot be mugged.
9.6fc Shots fired: If a police officer has attempted to use or used their Glock-17 for Combat purposes on you or a fellow gang member, you obtain kill permissions on the said officer.
These can't be updated since there are no new rules YET

milkyram

Level 18
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
this one isn't outdated..
it is outdated; you can no longer gain kps through those means. the only way you can is if both parties are in an unverified/verified gang OR if the person consents to kps oocly. that rule doesn't specify this, which it should.

These can't be updated since there are no new rules YET
they can update these for the tranq guns, seeing as glocks are no longer a thing.

milkyram

Level 18
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
+1
certain parts of the rules need to be adjusted, especially when we have some people getting mixed answers about things from different staff members. it's necessary to be as clear as possible because some people are genuinely confused about certain things (not including the ones who purposely make stuff difficult...).

SIMPL3Z

Level 106
Community Team
Lore Team
it is outdated; you can no longer gain kps through those means. the only way you can is if both parties are in an unverified/verified gang OR if the person consents to kps oocly. that rule doesn't specify this, which it should.
That is stated in rules 9.6a/9.6c and 9.6b, on how to obtain KPS.

The KPS rule which is said to be outdated is below 9.6f which directly states
9.6f Kill permissions can be obtained for the following reasons (this is only true for members of verified and unverified gangs, BMDS, and Criminal Associates, both parties must be members for the kill permissions to be valid):

they can update these for the tranq guns, seeing as glocks are no longer a thing.
Tranq guns aren't the same as glocks. They won't carry over the same KPS rules since tranq guns aren't lethal. Staff is still deciding on new rules for the tranq gun. Since they are vastly different from the Glocks. So that's why it can't be updated.

milkyram

Level 18
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
9.6f Kill permissions can be obtained for the following reasons (this is only true for members of verified and unverified gangs, BMDS, and Criminal Associates, both parties must be members for the kill permissions to be valid):
just reread through that section & you're right, it does specify & clarify that + ooc consent! my fault :]

milkyram

Level 18
milkyram
milkyram
Omega+
Tranq guns aren't the same as glocks. They won't carry over the same KPS rules since tranq guns aren't lethal. Staff is still deciding on new rules for the tranq gun. Since they are vastly different from the Glocks. So that's why it can't be updated.
meant to add this in the other reply..... forgot. anyway, i don't mean they need to add the kps rule to the tranq guns, just that they should state whether or not any perms are gained from being shot by it, similarly to how it works with tasers.

Lazeas

Level 47
Staff is still deciding on new rules for the tranq gun. Since they are vastly different from the Glocks. So that's why it can't be updated.
where the source at?

Even if they're still deciding on new rules for it, they gotta figure it out rn since tranq guns are in the game rn

Foto

Level 4
Fotoforos
Fotoforos
Omega+
That is stated in rules 9.6a/9.6c and 9.6b, on how to obtain KPS.

I have a comment on specifically that deadly weapon permission. it would be good to clarify that if youre not in a criminal business(Vg,UVG, BMD, etc) that you gain majors, as it does not say that. While I get that may be common sense, I know for a fact that someone somewhere would argue no perms would be gained from actions invoking that rule if both members are not Criminals. Clarification is always good, as delaying a rp scenario to get a staff response in a ticket just hurts the fun overall

+1

SIMPL3Z

Level 106
Community Team
Lore Team
where the source at?

Even if they're still deciding on new rules for it, they gotta figure it out rn since tranq guns are in the game rn
Yonio and hira said it some time ago

Making up new rules isn't something you can do in a silly afternoon, its something that all staff has to vote on as well (I think), and has to get run through Kimi first. Of course, it also has to be balanced, not OP, not a loophole, and so on. So once again: just be patient.

SIMPL3Z

Level 106
Community Team
Lore Team
just that they should state whether or not any perms are gained from being shot by it, similarly to how it works with tasers.
Again, nothing is decided on that yet, since there are no rules for it yet. They're still being made

KimiNoUso

Level 345
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- We'll be updating the rules in bulk at some point either tomorrow or Monday!​

Users who are viewing this thread