vcouwu

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
vq#7909

How old are you? (Optional):
N/A

What is your time zone?:
GMT

Describe your activity on the server:
I have been playing on this server since 2017, although back in the first few years my activity was relatively low, for the past 3 months i have accumulated over 700 hours. I tend to play SRP every single day (with a few exceptions due to OOC exams) and normally when i do play it is for anywhere between 3-10 hours.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
Yes, i was temporarily banned for a week in 2020 due to FailRP. I was unfamiliar with the rules after taking a few months break. Now I've familiarised myself with the rules and i do apologise for the ban. I didn't appeal as I knew what I did was wrong and decided to wait it out and instead learn the rules which I'm glad i did.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
Yes, I acknowledge I will be demoted if I am inactive, however as mentioned I usually play everyday anyway.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Chef

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The chef role is a role that runs the school cafeteria, allowing for the students to get their food at break and lunchtime. A chef has to come up with school meals and maintain an acceptable hygiene level. Chefs have to come up with original and healthy meals on schooldays to allow for students to maintain a good and healthy diet. Additionally, during a chef's off hours, they have to make sure that they can prevent students from unacceptable behaviour. They need to be prepared to stop students from fighting or arguing during school times. Overall, the chef role has to show originality, creativity, resilience and be an authoritative figure for the Karakura High students.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
SchoolRP was the first roleplay server I ever experienced - starting in 2017. At this time I didn't have any experience with roleplay but nonetheless it was a huge interest of mine. Since then, I have experience in a variety of roleplay situations - ranging from CombatRP to DetailRP. Although not avidly seeking out 'GangRP', I made myself familiar with the rules of turn-based or party-based combat and have been able to utilise this in IC situations since. One aspect of SRP that has always been an interest of mine was being a faculty member for school, as I wanted to be able to communicate with others in a new, more authoritative way. Now that I am able to roleplay more vastly, I decided that applying for Faculty would be a new step, and I think that beginning with the chef role would be the most appropriate for what I am looking for, as I am able to focus on DetailRP.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
French application https://schoolrp.net/threads/cqpyrighteds-french-application.12159/ Denied (2018)
JSL Application https://schoolrp.net/threads/vcous-language-app.44144/
Accepted (2021)
Height application https://schoolrp.net/threads/vcous-height-application.43550/ Accepted (2021)

Additionally, I also applied for the Spanish language and the Russian language - which both got accepted in 2021 - however I they don't show up on my Forum profile - not sure if this is a glitch but I thought it should be mentioned nonetheless.

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
vcou [18][Grade-12] (Main account)
vcouwu [14][Grade-8] (Alt account)

Situations
During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:
Iseul would immediately ask for the student to refrain from swearing at him, although would still have a calm tone to avoid unnecessary aggression towards the student, giving them a verbal warning due to disrespecting a faculty member. Here, he would tell the student that the language they used wasn't acceptable and to stop saying things like that. If the behaviour continued, he would give them another warning, threatening to give them a detention. If the student, for some reason, STILL kept this attitude towards him, he would firmly tell them that they would now be receiving a detention, asking them to leave so Iseul could continue with his job. During the detention - if the student had calmed down and was no longer angry towards him - he would calmly ask them to explain their actions towards himself. Additionally, he would ask for the student to apologise for their actions and ask them not to do it again - especially towards other members of staff.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:
Before getting himself involved physically, Iseul would loudly and harshly yell for the students to stop immediately - staying a decent amount of distance away from the Students. Hopefully by then, the student's would've stopped fighting. Iseul would thank them for listening to him, and then would bring the students away from each other and asking them individually for the reason they were arguing. Depending on their reasoning, Iseul would decided between giving them a verbal warning or an immediate afterschool detention. However, if the students didn't comply with him, he would physically try to get himself in-between the students to stop them from hitting each other - telling them both that they would now have a detention for failure to listen to staff. During the detention, he would individually ask them why they were fighting and for them to apologise to himself and each other.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:
Iseul would ask the Staff what they are doing, as it could be a misunderstanding or due to lack of communication. If he still deemed the situation dangerous, he would call an SLT to handle the situation, still monitoring the staff from a safe distance to stop the staff from injuring themselves. He would also try to get the member of staff away from students if they were originally near them as he didn't want them to be at risk of hurting a student. When the SLT arrived to the situation, he would explain to them what he saw the staff do and what they said to Iseul in response his question.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?
Iseul would be a nonchalant person in the break room, trying to strike up convosations with any other staff that may be in there - although still aware that some staff may not be interested in talking during their breaks. He would have a rather laid-back attitude, trying to rebuild some energy for the rest of the day to come. He'd probably have a snack that he bought in before the day started, trying to keep the break room nice and clean to prevent any additional work being made for someone else. Although being quite laid-back, he would also try and make sure to be somewhat on edge in case something came up where he needed to be involved. This meant that his overall attitude would still be somewhat alert, however casual and friendly.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me
Iseul would dart his eyes around the kitchen, as he would put his apron on and tie it in the back with a tight knot. He'd stroll over towards the sink, putting a decent amount of soap onto his hand before scrubbing it against his palms thoroughly. He'd also get the soap in-between his fingers and on the back of his hand before turning on the hot tap. He'd carefully wash off all of the soap off from his hands, drying his hands until there was no more wetness on them. He smiled, ready to begin cooking for the students!

/me Iseul would enter the break room, with a casual and relaxed smile! He would head straight to a chair, throwing himself onto it with a rather slouched posture. He would straighten it to be sitting more upright as he began his sentence. "Afternoon! How are you?" His face would have a beaming smile as he spoke, pulling a piece of fruit out of his bag. Listening to the other staff speak, he would seem rather attentive - eating his fruit as he listened. He'd raise a hand in front of his mouth as he finished the bite of his food, responding to the other person. "I'm really good, thank you for asking!" He'd quiet down after this, continuing to eat his fruit, tapping his leg up and down against the floor to the beat of the song he couldn't get out of his head.

/me Iseul walked up to the students who were causing a commotion, mumbling to himself. He'd put a serious look on his face and would bring himself close the others, talking quietly but harshly. "Stop being so noisy, you're causing a lot of stress on the other students." He'd examine the students, staying with them for a few minutes to make sure they quiet down. His expression would become at lot more friendly, thanking both of the students for being so compliant before hurrying off and continuing with what he was doing.

In-Character Section
Full Name (First & Last only):
Iseul Santiago
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr
Preferred Name:
Iseul
Age (Minimum is 25):
Religious Denomination:
Athiest
Marital Status:
Single
Academic Degree:
Bachelor's degree in Culinary Arts
Year of Graduation:
Major(s):
Economics
Minors:
Japanese, Film Studies
Nationality:
Korean-American
Current Location:
Karakura, Japan
Native Languages:
Korean
Other Languages:
JSL, Japanese
Backstory
(634 words)
Born in Seoul, Korea, Iseul grew up as a single child, being raised by his parents - Dae and Leonard Santiago. He was a very healthy young baby and spent alot of his time playing with his toys by himself - not really having a problem being a single child due to his young age.
However, when he got a bit older, he was quite a young role model! He would be a kind young boy, having the ability to be able to share with others and a decent understand of empathy for someone at such a young age. At around the age of 8, his interest in simply playing with toys was becoming a bit

obsolete as he had been doing it for so many years. Many children grew up playing make-believe, pretending to be a police officer, a nurse, a teacher and many other different things, but Iseul's love of isolation from others in his younger life, in addition to his lack of siblings, meant he was unable to do so! He had to take up many other hobbies - he had an interest in reading, alongside watching television and also playing in a junior football team!
At the age of 12, after 3 long years of football training with no real noticeable improvements. He decided to drop the team. This was one of the first signs of negativity in Iseul's personality - at the time, he wasn't prepared to try and improve in something that he wasn't already good at. He decided to take up a whole new hobby. Iseul began to watch some iconic American and Korean chef's on TV! This was the first time he was exposed to cooking and it took him by interest. Seeing all of the chef's make original and creative dishes was a huge passion of Iseul, and he began watching them every single day after he got home from school.
For his 13th birthday, alongside some other presents that his parents got him, the one that took his interest the most was a cookbook - '30 minute Recipes!'. Finally able to start cooking, he spent a few months cooking up different recipes from in the book, occasionally spicing things up by changing something around in the recipe, or sometimes coming up with completely original ideas! However, as this was the year he entered high school, after a few months of this he had to put his cooking passion on hold for the most part, focusing greatly on studying and other activities that his parents deemed more 'useful' to his learning. This was the year he and his family also moved to Karakura, Japan! However, since then they have both moved back to his Seoul to live in his childhood home.
At the age of 18 - finally graduating high school, Iseul could finally start his journey that he had stopped years before - he began to go for a Culinary Arts Degree. His passion of cooking was still there from all those years ago - and his creativity when it came to making new dishes was strong and seemingly natural! He noticed that he was EXTREMELY passionate towards specific things, which is still a personality trait that he has - hyper focusing on specific hobbies and things he enjoys. Although he didn't put all 100% of his effort into the Culinary arts as he had other subjects he was studying.
After Iseul got his bachelor degree, he hopped around various different jobs to make some money for himself, but he still hadn't managed to utilise his Bachelor Degree in a real job. His next goal was to get a job as a Chef - and Karakura High School, the place he had graduated from just a few years before, had an opening for that.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
I really want to be working at a place where I can utilise my Degree, I don't like working so hard for something for it to go to waste! Additionally, since I studied at Karakura High School, I know how much of a friendly environment it can be, and I would be proud to be a staff member who works there. Making sure that the other students are safe, protected, and happy would fill me with great joy as I'd take pride in the fact that I may have been a part of that experience. I have experience with Faculty members outside of school, and I know just how friendly they can be which would make me feel much more welcomed into the school. Overall, I simply believe that KHS is a friendly and academically achieving place to be!

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I believe that I should be accepted over the other applicants as I am a resilient, determined, hard-working person who is always motivated to make sure 100% of the job is done to the fullest ability. Although overs may have more experience with working in a School, I believe my can-do attitude and my dedication when it comes to these tasks is a much more desirable quality that should be taken into account! I also want to experience helping others out in the school, and I think that as a chef I would be extra interested in a student's health!

Extra
N/A

Additional notes about your application:
Thank you for taking your time to read this! <3
Original thread said 'vcou' as IGN, which is my main account, however I changed my mind and would rather have it on my alt.

Do you have any questions?:
Nope!

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
Thank you for taking the time to apply! Today, your application for CHEF is
PENDING.
. . .

The position you applied for is full, however you may DM SUN#0040 if:

You wish to switch out chef for another role

Good luck in the future if you choose to re-apply!

Users who are viewing this thread