VeeraCKS reporter application!

VeeraCKS

Level 1
VeeraCKS
VeeraCKS
Notable
Ostt (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)? Please include ALL your alternative accounts:

VeeraCKS, I do not have alternative accounts.

Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
My Discord is vcks10 and I do have a working microphone.

List your timezone and country:
Utc+3, Finland

Describe your activity:
I am active on SRP playing almost every day for 1 to 3 hours a day, mostly hopping on at nights after school and hobbies. I found SRP at the end of 2023 and after it have been playing it actively until this day. I’ve made good friends here and I enjoy roleplaying with my friends, and with new people I meet on the server. Most of the time hop on SRP if I have spare time and/or I’m bored. I am on summer break right now but my school starts in about 3 weeks so I have school from Monday to Friday, to about 4 pm. After school, I do have spare time before doing my hobbies, which take only a little time of my day, usually an hour or so.
Right now my playtime is a bit over 6 weeks and 6 days!

Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
This is my first application!

What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
The reason I'm applying is to seek out new and exciting roleplay experiences, create memories, and meet with amazing new people. I want to expand my knowledge and potentially help others, as well as make news reports for readers to enjoy. The role of a reporter presents numerous opportunities for me to explore new experiences. I have a strong passion for meeting new people and learning about different cultures from around the world.

Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I enjoy writing and reading stories and lore. Most of the time, I write in English to improve my language skills. Writer's block is rare for me, and I can easily come up with new ideas. I typically write something every week, but I also take breaks to prevent hurting my fingers.

Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes, I am aware and I will follow the rules.

Why should we accept you over others?:
I am a very active person who enjoys writing about many different topics. I'm quick with finding new ideas and once I have one, I go right in. My creativity has no limits, and even when it comes to weird ideas, I can think of something. I am aware that the world is full of ideas, and I am ready to discover the best ones for my reports. I love to create new writing. I am also very easy to befriend and I love to help other people! Good luck to every applicant!

Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes, I understand that. Showing a bias is more for a blog type of writing and not a news report.

Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes, I will make a report every time I get an idea that I feel would be worth a report.

Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
I think about the typical day. When you start your day as a reporter, there are numerous tasks you will engage in:

- Generating new report ideas.
- Taking photos around the city, possibly in search of specific subjects for a report
- Doing interviews with people related to the report topic
- Building the report using the collected information and photos

This process can take time, and sometimes you may only have a portion of the report completed. Interviews and writing can take longer than a day.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:

My name is Amelia Sidorova

Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr):
You can call me Ame or Amelia and I prefer using Miss as my title.

Current Age (25+):
I am 27 years old.

Past job/work experience:
None.

Degree/qualifications:
I have a Masters degree in English.

Nationality and born location:
My nationality is Russian, but I was born in Karakura, Japan.

Phone Number:
030-316-2014

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I enjoy spending time with my siblings and family, especially outdoors. I am friendly and try to get along with everyone. I have been writing for about 3 years, most of the time about everyday life. I am very active and enjoy swimming and eating. I come up with new ideas for my writing, often finding inspiration during walks outside. I am always ready for a new challenge that allows me to learn something new. My interests help me to come up with different ideas for myself and others. Taking on a role as a reporter would provide a new challenge, and I am prepared to work as part of a team.

What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I am interested mostly in nature, animals, everyday life, and religions. Finding these interesting most of my reports would be about them, but when I find something that I want to write as news, I am ready for it. Going out of my comfort zone is something that I want to try. For reporting I would like to have different kinds of reports and not from just one genre, like for example, animals.

What are your expectations for the job?:
I expect this job to have a variety of things I need to do, from writing to designing and photographing. I feel like reporting can sometimes be tough. The reporter's job is mostly informing the civilians about an event or something else.

Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I do not have a criminal record.

Fluent Languages (Underline your native):
Russian, JSL, Japanese, and Korean.

PROMPTS:
You will have to write two reports about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you're found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing players about an event or significant issues to Karakura.

#2 - Interview. It's important to have an interview with open minds. Create your own interview questions or more. And answer them yourself.

The auction house of Karakura

The Yuasa auction house is known for offering a wide variety of items and is located next to the Karakura Hospital. Prices at the auction are usually higher than in stores, yet many people choose to buy from there instead. Is the auction simply more well-known among the people of Karakura?

Being a popular destination, people visit the auction daily in search of items to buy. Often, stores are closed, leading people to spend a lot of money at the auction instead of at stores where people are employed. When applying for a job at a store, are the wages enough to cover rent and food if you don't have many working hours? I have decided to investigate this further.

With the inside being large, there are a lot of people's past memories stored inside, waiting for people to make new memories with them. From plushies to jewelry. You can find almost anything inside! With that said I’ve interviewed someone I bumped at while on a walk outside!

The first interview, Bella Anthes.

Amelia
“Hello, today I Amelia am here to interview people so let’s start, what’s your name?”
Bella
“Hi! My name is Bella Anthes!”
*Bella said in an exciting tone*
Amelia
“I am here asking people about the Yuasa auction house, do you by chance buy, or sell at the auction?”
Bella
“Yes, I do! I usually sell to get extra money, but I do buy things sometimes.”
Amelia
“Mhm, in which kind of price do you sell them, lower or higher than when bought from stores?”
Bella
“Well, when selling I add a bit more than when bought from a store so I get my money back and some extra!”
Amelia
“Mhm, and when buying something, do you usually buy from the store or auction?”
Bella
“I usually buy from auction.”
Amelia
“Mhm… When buying from the Yuasa auction house, what makes you go buy from auction instead of stores?”
Bella
“Stores are closed most of the time so I buy from auction, but when a store opens I go check them out.”
Amelia
“Okay, what do you think about stores not being open most of the time, with most of the time I mean when they open once a week or even less?”
Bella
“To me, it’s sad, because I love to go shopping and I can’t find everything in the auction house”
Amelia
“Do you have any idea of why the stores are not open daily?”
Bella
“I don’t, but I feel like they have some kind of staff shortage and most of the workers are still in school so maybe they can’t open during school hours because most of the people working are at school.”
Amelia
“That’s a great answer, and how do you think it could be fixed?”
Bella
“Maybe if they hired more people to work different hours. I don’t know how many people they can hire before going bankrupt but yeah.”
Amelia
“Would you work at a store?”
Bella
“Yes I would, but I have to have my own time studying for school.”
Amelia
“Thank you for answering my questions, have a great day!”
Bella
“Thank you!”

Second interview, Kwan Kung

Amelia
"I have found someone who works in the store industry, trying to figure out the secret of how stores work! Could you please introduce yourself?"
Kwan
"Hello! My name is Kwan Kung and I am a shopkeeper at a store in the shopping district"
Amelia
"It's nice to meet you, Kwan! Could you tell us about how the store openings work?"
Kwan
"At first we have to assign work hours with the employees and restock the store, so there's enough for everyone."
Amelia
"Perfect! Is assigning work hours easy, and do you have more adults working or students?"
Kwan
"Work hour assigning is easy when we know about the employees' free time. Most of our workers are students, we have about 80% of workers still in high school or college, with the 20% being adults who have already graduated school."
Amelia
"Great! Do you know if the work hours are enough for food and rent?"
Kwan
"We're open for about 8 hours per opening, with about 3 500¥ an hour, I feel like there's enough for food and rent, with the help of dorms and student allowance."
Amelia

"Mhm.. what about the openings, how many do you approximately do every month?"
Kwan

"We try to open for about 3 times a month, mostly after or before school."
Amelia

"Great! Thank you for the answers, have a good day!"
Kwan

"Thank you, you too!"

I would like to thank you the people I interviewed.

[OOC]
Additional Information: I wish all the applicants good luck!

Last edited:

Aania

Level 177
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

We appreciate the time and effort you put into applying - however, you have not been accepted this time around.
Please DM @ aania on Discord if you have any queries about the application

You may re-apply whenever!

Users who are viewing this thread