Veganlaser
Omega
Out-Of-Character (OOC) Information

IGN:

Veganlaser2

DISCORD TAG:

Veganlaser#6323

PREVIOUS BANS:

i currently only have history of being banned twice for ERP which was resolved as it was a big mis-understanding back in April this year ad the second one was completely my fault for not understanding the rule fully
i currently have no warns at the time of writing this application i clearly have learnt from my actions and have gotten no bans from that point on as i read the rules and got to understand them fully

DO YOU HAVE A WORKING MICROPHONE FOR DISCORD CALLS:

Yes

POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR:

Shrine Maiden

DISCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:

I mostly spend 12 hours a day on the server at most and 6 at the least everyday normally, I would just do the same thing as everybody else does on the server roleplaying with friends and etc most of my time on the server consists of making new friends and gaining new roleplay experiences and if I'm not one the server doing such things I would most likely be 3D modeling, i'v been in many roleplay experiences like gangrp, shrine maiden, jockrp, etc

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED TO LEARN ABOUT THE RELIGON?

I would say i have a decent knowledge on Shintoism since i have been a shrine worker before, Shintoism isn't a religion that's hard to learn, as long as you know the basic rituals and basic knowledge i would say your good to go

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?

I would say I'm fit because of the amount of time i spend playing on SRP on a regular basis and i have been in the shrine faction once before and i want to join it again, it is a very fun and interesting faction to be apart of, hence why i would be fully dedicated to it

In-Character Information

FULL NAME:

April Umi

WHAT IS YOUR AGE?:

WHY ARE YOU APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:

I am applying because I was born Japanese and when I heard about the culture I became very interested in the religion and want to learn more being a regular citizen and visiting the monastery can be very fun and educational but I want to do more I want to help myself and others learn about the religion and working here could boost my experience if I ever decide to leave and whenever I try to visit the monastery there isn't usually any maiden there I would also like to change that so when people visit the monastery there would always be someone to help or teach them about the religion so I would just wander around studying the facility and being curious about what I could learn as a shrine maiden i am always willing to learn more about Japanese religion so working her could help me a lot in doing that

TELL ME WHAT HISTOY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT SHINSEI SEINARU MONSATERY:

I am applying because I was born Japanese and when I heard about the culture I became very interested in the religion and want to learn more being a regular citizen and visiting the monastery can be very fun and educational but I want to do more I want to help myself and others learn about the religion and working here could boost my experience if I ever decide to leave and whenever I try to visit the monastery there isn't usually any maiden there I would also like to change that so when people visit the monastery there would always be someone to help or teach them about the religion so I would just wander around studying the facility and being curious about what I could learn as a shrine maiden i am always willing to learn more about Japanese religion so working her could help me a lot in doing that

TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF:

April Umi was born in the North of Japan. April grew up as an energetic child, which really pissed off her parents due to the fact that they had to put up with her. She was a nuisance they thought and they even thought about yelling at her a few times but they held it in because they don’t wanna hurt her and her little ears and April was usually super energetic in stores and they didn’t wanna yell in a place full of strangers that don’t even know what the hell is going on. April didn’t know why her parents weren’t very fond of her and didn’t like her that much. One day, she heard her parents talking about how they were gonna put April up for adoption. They stated that “she is too energetic and we can’t put up with her”. April didn’t know what any of this meant since she was just 12 years old at the time. She went to bed that night with tons of stress. She didn’t know what “adoption” meant and it was scaring her. She woke up and her parents told her that they were going to McDonalds. They were going the right way at first, until April knew something was up but kept quiet because of her fathers road rage. They then pulled up to a place that said something about adoption. This is what April heard last night! April would then walk inside with her parents as they signed the papers. Then, a friendly looking stranger with a puppy with him walked up to the family. He asked if they were going to put April up for adoption and that he would love to adopt her. He signed the papers and would take her to his car. April was really scared to be a stranger and her excitement that she usually had would start to die down and she became a normal, chill, girl. Her new parents didn’t have a clue why her old family put her up for adoption because it seemed like she didn’t have that much or even anything wrong with her. April’s parents would then move to Karakura with her so she could start school. April, through highschool, was a very shy girl who rarely talked. She eventually got out of her shell during Grade 11 and is now a very talkative female who is proud to be herself.

LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:

Hello monastery lead, i would love to work at the shrine because i have been interested in learning more about Japanese culture since i was a child and this would be the greatest opportunity to do so, I want to help people understand how important it is to Japanese culture to learn about Shintoism, i chose the karakura because it seemed to stick out the most and i am certain that i would enjoy working there

Knowledge Section

What are the steps before entering the Shrine?

Before entering te shrine you will bow before the Torri before picking up the wooden ladle with your left hand, then you would begin pouring water onto your right hand, before switching hands and repeating the same after that you would pour water into your mouth spitting it onto the rocks below finishing that you would then titl the wooden ladle upwards allowing the remaining water to dazzle down and clean the ladle

How are rituals to a Kami preformed?

There are many rituals that can be performed to the kami, but the most common one is,
you would place 100 yen in the offering box before ringing the bell shortly after, after you done that you must bow twice before bringing your hands up to your chest clapping twice praying in your head or out loud keeping your eyes closed as you would bow again

What is the job of a Shinto Priest and Maiden?

Their role in contemporary Shintō has been much depreciated -- their main tasks today are mostly to assist the male priests, clean the shrine compound, sell amulets at the shrine shop, perform dances, and assist in shrine rituals and prayers. Women can train to become shrine priests, but few women elect this path.

In Shinto, a Miko is a shrine maiden or a supplementary priestess. Miko was once likely seen as shamans, but are understood in modern Japanese culture to be an institutionalized role in daily shrine life, trained to perform tasks, ranging from sacred cleansing to performing the sacred Kagura dance.

Someone wishes to receive a rite of passage for their child, how do you proceed?:

From what i learned the most common way is I would tell them what the procedure would be, then informing them to bring the baby back after a month, 31 days for a boy, and 33 for a girl. When the date came, I would then wish the baby a life of happiness and health.

Someone comes to the shrine and asks for information about Shintoism, what can you respond to them with using your own knowledge about the religion?:

i would first begin telling them the basics about the shrine, giving them the history of the shrine and why its important to be respectful on the grounds of the shrine, and also some background information on the religion

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?

rinis

Level 101
rinis
rinis
Omega
DENIED
You application has been denied for the following reasons:

You've made it very clear your only intent in joining the faction is for the adult role

While you were apart of the faction previously, you made no effort in wanting to learning the knowledge or put in the work to be part of the faction

You may reapply in the future when you feel your intent has changed

Users who are viewing this thread