Yes, Saffina#1377
Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:
https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-appliaction.25924/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-lang-app-2.25823/ Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/spanish-language-application.25798/ Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/vintagekids-news-intern-app.26628/ Pending
https://schoolrp.net/threads/narcissistic-personality-disorder.26630/ Pending

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I would say that I am very active on the server, approximately 3-4 hours each day, but depending on the situation it can change. I would say I am extremely active on the forums, since I like to read others applications and see what different roles and jobs I can pursue on the server that are available.

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?:
The student council is a group of determined students who help make our high school thrive and improve. They work together in an understanding and negotiable way, answering queries and questions that the students should have, providing them with logical and helpful solutions. They invent ideas with the support of the school staff, these ideas being though out properly, so that they fit with the school's rules. The student council help to raise money for their school and charities, by encouraging others to take part in fun activities, such as group projects and events, as well as always making sure that the school stays as a safe environment.

Who or what brought you to applying for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):
The idea of competing in sports events and/or sports teams wasn't something that had ever interested me, so when I had discovered the student council, I thought that the attributes and morals that they hold are very similar to my character's and me in real life. Spreading creativity, planning and working with other people to benefit our community as a whole, is something I am very interested in and want to help with, so, I decided it would be the best decision for my character to apply.

What does the school council of Karakura do?:
The school council of Karakura positions themselves as the representative of the students, and they work hard to make sure problems and issues are resolved, as well as being selfless, and taking note of what the school needs to constantly improve. They work well to organise fundraisers, charities and fun events students can participate in makes sure that their school is a safe and supporting environment, one which students feel they can express their voice to the student council. They meet every week to ensure that plans are understood and to discuss ideas, and the student council makes sure that all of their members stay hardworking and focused.

How would you describe your work ethic?:
My work ethic, when faced with something I truly love being a part of or something I feel very passionately about, is very strong. Both in real life and in game, I know that I have to work hard to succeed and reach my goals, so having a strong work ethic is something very important to me, as well as having a positive and open mindset.

What interests you the most about the student council?:

What interests me the most is definitely being part of a community that holds the same values as mine and somewhere where my ideas can be listened to and put in action, a place that I will (both OOCly and ICly) flourish in. Working with people who have similar drives as mine will be something I would look forward to, so that I can work with a group of people who are as dedicated and innovative as I am. I am also interested in joining, because I am curious of what other people have as ideas, and to see what I can do to contribute and work with them on their ideas.

Do you have past experience in roleplaying (if so, summarize your experience)?:

I joined school rp only several months ago, but previously I had roleplayed in the Lord Of the Craft, which is a fantasy roleplay. I started roleplaying in a Harry Potter server when I fist started roleplaying, but I understand roleplay terms, as being on Lord of the craft required you to be very serious and use detailed language. I have definitely improved my roleplay skills from then up to now, as School Rp is very different and allows me to fully express my character and her personality.

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:

I would try to understand exactly why it was bad, and the negatives of it versus the positives. I would explain to them why certain parts wouldn't work, and try to go into detail about the other factors of this idea, and how it would affect different things in a worse way. I would then work with them to alter the issues and decide to negotiate different segments of their idea. I would give constructive criticism and not bombard them with insults on why it was bad, rather I would respectfully understand their point of view, as doing this could greatly discourage them from participating and sharing in the future, and ruin their self-esteem. I would also help them to extend on their positives, adding ideas of my own.

You submit an idea - everyone hates it. How do you deal with the situation?:
I would definitely feel hurt at the reactions, but understand that they hate it for a valid reason, so I would ask why they thought it was bad, and listen intently to know what to improve on next time and to take into consideration, as well as making other suggestions and changing different elements of my idea. If they really feel like it's terrible, I would take little offense and see hat had happened as something everyone needs to accept, that they aren't right all the time. I would decide to take it as a learning point and continue to contribute in the discussion, making sure that I knew I would have many more chances to put forward my ideas.

There is a split decision on an idea. The councillors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:
Before involving myself to reason with the others, I would make sure I wasn't bias and be cautious of what I was about to say beforehand. This is important for me to do, so I can remain calm and not say anything offensive or rude that I would later regret. I would then state that the idea wasn't something to fight over and remind them that our role as councilors was prestigious, and we needed to show maturity that we could handle debates in a democracy-like fashion. I would listen and respond to the people involved in the argument, informing each member of why an aspect of their idea wasn't going to work, and how to come up with a solution. I would then have a discussion with the members, where we would address everyone's opinions and bring together positives and negatives, before having a final vote. If this doesn't work, and members aren't willing to see each other's perspectives, I would decide that it would be best for them to agree to disagree.

A councillor is stirring up problems and abusing their position on school grounds! What would you do?:
I would first understand that they might've not realised the severity of what they were doing, and it could've been a misunderstanding from the beginning, so I would politely ask them to stop. If I realise that they are causing trouble on purpose, I would ask them to privately talk, as this could be embarrassing for them in public. I would inform them that what they were doing could lead them to lose their position, and I would be reasonable with them and explain that what they were doing was in no way acceptable. I would ask them to rethink their actions next time and apologise to whoever they had caused trouble with. If this doesn't work, I would tell them that I would have to report their behaviour, as a final way to get them to stop stirring up problems. If they still ignore me or threaten/berate me, I would take screenshots and contact higher ups and members of the council so they could be aware of the situation and deal with the councillor. I would also inform available faculty members. I would be careful in my actions, as this could result in negative consequences if I don't deal with things appropriately.

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:

I would explain to them why I felt like there were issues and problems with what they had said, going into detail about their idea and making sure they knew exactly why I felt the way I did. If what they said was downright racist, sexist, misogynistic or something that completely went against the guidelines, I would deal with things in a completely different way, taking screenshots and reporting them to server admins. If they move on with their idea anyways, I would understand that the majority of the members agreed with the council president, and that I needed to accept that, even if I didn't agree with it. Avoiding conflict is very important to me when working within a community.

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councillors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:
I would asses the situation myself, talking to each member separately before coming to terms with what the main problem is. After, I would decide to bring the pair together to discuss things with each other, and to try to resolve the issues together. I would explain that they needed to focus on their work as councillors, and take time away from each other out of being a councillor. They need to make sure that they are ready for every meeting, and to not mix their social life with their work life, as it is ruining their performance.

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name: Selena Maria L. Blarre
Character Gender: Female
Character Age: 19
Character phone-number:

241 223 295
Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality: In her youth, Selena was known to be back-stabbing and quite cold towards others who didn't have as much money as her family did, but after her father was stripped off his wealth following a loan shark scam, she was reduced to very little money and so was her father. She changed her personality drastically, becoming very ambitious and resilient, but also generous and courteous to others. She was never afraid to speak her mind, which would get her in trouble at times, and could be thought of someone who -at times- lacked sympathy, but she knew how to handle conflict very well. She would also have a very artistic mindset, and always full of new ideas and inventions. Overall, Selena is a hardworking and straightforward person, who knows exactly what she wants, and is very giving, but could be thought of as a little cold to people who had no reason to cry, who were emotional.

Character appearance/attire:
Selena would have spiralling dark hair, that would reach her hips and a permanent grin fixed on her face. Her eyes would sit seductively in their sockets and she'd have tanned, bronze skin from the beaches of Valencia. She would wear maroon or grey trenchcoats, and short checkered dresses, paired with crisp stockings and boots. She'd always wear a hint of perfume and she'd have two sets of pearly teeth.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:
I am the type of person that would never give up, as I see working towards something very significant for me and what others think of me as something to be proud of. Working in a group with others is something that I will enjoy very much, as I can respond and build on heir ideas and improve my skills to work as a team and with intelligent people. I thrive on feedback and positive reviews from others, but I have also learnt that criticism is important for me to the best I can be, so I will take it on board happily. I will also be very respectful towards the other councillors and respect my higher ups. Being a realist, I know that I should never think things are going to turn out terrible, and also that things aren't going to turn out perfect, so ****ysing ideas beforehand is something I am naturally very good at.

Why do you want this position?:
I want this position because I believe I can improve life at school for students and support them with issues they are facing at school. I would also like to promote issues that we may have, and to shine a light on problems that aren't talked about as much that may be affecting students. I would also like to help host fundraisers and events, this would be something very enjoyable for me to plan and for others to experience. Social events are also very important, as I understand some people tend to be introverted and new members of the school may not have very many friends, so it would be a place to meet other people. I really want to improve people's high school experience and I am good at coming up with ideas quickly.

What interests you the most about student council?:

When people think of their school experience, I would like them to remember that it was an enjoyable place, not just a place they came to learn. I would like them to remember the people who acted as role models to them, and how they looked up to us because we showed a very amazing level of maturity and tolerance for others. I want to be respected and well-liked by others, and being in a community like this one will be somewhere I can express my beliefs and opinions, without getting ignored. I want to help people improve themselves as people, and see how they grow over time. I want to ensure that I supported them one hundred percent to be the best possible person that they could be when they do finally leave school.

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?
:
I unerstand people may feel like no one listens to them, and that their voice is never heard, so i want to make sure that is never the case. I will also bring attention to bullying and mental issues students may face at school nowadays, and I will stay motivated to address and fix these issues. Even if the problem is small, I feel addressing it with the council is immensely important and I want to make sure other students feel like I am someone they can rely on for emotional and mental help, regarding anything, because I will listen to them and treat them like a respected individual. To keep it a fun place, I will help host events and fun activities, where everyone can have a relaxed time, away from school life.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread