Denied wethecreature's Lore Team Application #2

wethecreature

Level 95
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
IGN:
wethecreature

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
wethecreature#6625

Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do not have a microphone but I can do VC.

Your time zone and current country of residence:
MST, USA

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
ACCEPTED:
Event Application #4
JSL Application
Maiden Application
Professor Application
Russian Application

DENIED: Event Team Application
Lore Team Application

Event Team Application
Governor Application

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Absolutely.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
School, Health, Family Issues. If an obstruction has come up, I will alert my fellow Lore Team members.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
I have been writing since I was young, (not saying my writing was quality when I was young, nor is it perfect now) and it was one of my favorite hobbies when I wasn’t busy with school. After a while, I stopped writing, but a couple of years ago my urge to start writing again popped up. I’ve always loved writing even when I wasn’t actively doing it because it helps me express emotions and complex ideas, which I’d never been able to do through things like not-literature art types.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I write all the time Out of Roleplay and have written many small stories before, as well as poems for an SRP thing known as UMBRA. I constantly Roleplay, which was a fresh experience when I transitioned away from survival Minecraft. Roleplaying has deeply helped me improve my writing skills. I have helped other Roleplay servers carry out and write different story plots over a long course of time. I am still not the best writer and being part of the lore team will deeply help me become an even better writer.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:

In the world of RP, Lore is the building blocks that happened in the past and are looked upon as what makes the future. It can also be lore that builds our characters and defines them without ever happening. Lore is the past, Lore is history. If there is no lore, to begin with, even with a new roleplay, it’s kind of boring. Say I was doing a Superhero Roleplay, and my superheroes started with powers and there was no explanation behind that, whether it happens in roleplay or not. Say they are fighting a villain, and there is no explanation. Lore is the explanation and the reason, as well as the building blocks and the history of every good roleplay.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 300-1000 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​
  3. The effort and quality of both prompts will be taken into consideration when we accept applications.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

TEAR [626]

The woman stood with the older man in the waiting room looking at him tiredly as he slowly went crazy about being a grandfather and being old. He was only 42. The doctor walked up, hopefully, to save her from the old man. “Does somebody need a pregnancy scan?” She called out. The woman nodded. “Is the husband here?” The woman frowned, and then the older man stepped forward. She frowned deeper. “I’m the father-in-law?” He said. “Okay, that’ll work, come with me.” The doctor said, smiling. The two walked into the room while the doctor held the door open. The pregnant woman would untie part of her Maiden robes while sitting on the hospital bed, revealing her belly. The doctor would carry out the procedures and find the baby inside her. The doctor smiled at the woman after scanning it. “It is a healthy little female.” She said calmly with a toothy smile. The older man came closer. “What is the gender, Sora?” The woman named Sora gave a small smile at the older man. “It’s a girl, Sachihiro,” Sora said, her face slowly easing back into a flat, cold mouth. She got up and her shoes made a CLACK CLACK on the ground. She left the room with a thank you and walked back towards the waiting room where a young woman was waiting. “It’s a girl,” Sora announced to the girl with a little squeak. The younger woman matched up with a squeak of excitement and everyone in the nearby area gave their congratulations. Sora slowly left the hospital. The cold feeling of loneliness was slowly creeping down her body from her head to her toes, her mind down the pillars that held up her large body. She knew she was mentally and physically alone. Sachihiro was not following her back. She didn’t care, even if she was cold and tired and there wasn’t anybody around to keep her standing up. She walked slowly to the train station and boarded the train. When she got off, she quietly walked out of the shopping district and through the dark forest to the Shinto shrine. When she arrived, she was still alone. There was nobody around. She frowned and sat down. She contemplated what she was going to name her little girl alone, her husband nowhere near her. She was interrupted by some children from the waiting room of the hospital. They had Sachihiro by the hand and he was soaked and senile. “DEMONS, I SEE DEMONS.” The man screeched. She sighed. “How about you come to lay down in the tea house, ok Sachihiro?” Sora begged. “NO, HOW DO I KNOW YOU’RE NOT A DEMON TOO?” He screamed. “Sachihiro, I’m not a demon- I’m carrying your granddaughter.” She sighed. She stepped forward and picked him up, carrying him to the tea house with half of his body hung over her shoulder. She put him down and asked him kindly to go to sleep before walking towards the fireplace of the Shrine to name her child alone. It was too warm. She went down past the torii to the main area of the shrine. It was too busy. She moved into the tea house. There were still people. She went into a separate room of the tea house. It was secluded and quiet. She sat down in the corner of the small room and contemplated the name of her little girl once more. A lonely tear sprouted from the tear duct of her eye, slowly moving down the cold, soft skin of her sad face. She took the pointer finger of her right hand and pressed down on the little tear, getting rid of it. That would be the name of her daughter… TEAR.

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

THE LONG-CHINNED MAN AND HIS SHATTERED MIRROR [774]

The man smiled widely as the mirror was finished. He had spent months polishing each piece of obsidian until it gave a reflection, then molding it into its eclipse form. Then he’d spent many more months carving wood to make a beautiful, intricate border around the mirror. When it was done, he could finally rest. However, something made his long, pointed chin (that often-made people want to scream and look away) shiver. In the barn of his large farmstead, the mirror stood, so grand and beautiful, it made his chin shiver and twiddle even more. It recommended that the man share the beautiful mirror he loved more than his son and daughter with the other farmers. (Not that his toothless, idiotic children mattered to him). He ran around knocking on everybody’s doors, beckoning them to come with him to his barn. When they all came in, their jaws were left agape, but suddenly they clamped shut as they all gave each other looks. The long-chinned man did not seem to notice, or perhaps, he didn’t care. The neighbors asked why they needed to wake up for the beauty that he made, and why they couldn’t have just waited ‘till early morning. He smiled at them as though they were fools. He said that now that the mirror had just finished, it deserved a party. They all raised an eyebrow in unison. This man was surely insane, to have a party in the dead of night over a mirror. Though it was beautiful, why a formal party? His eyes were crazy, so they decided they’d waste their precious sleep time so they could live through the night. The man would have two of the other farmers haul the masterpiece out of the barn, through his house, and down into his large basement. As they all walked into the long-chinned man’s basement they raised their eyebrows so eye it was as though they were levitating above their normally shaped heads. Before them, there was a pre-set long table. It looked like a banquet, with red and yellow, and black all over the room in different shapes and forms. The long-chinned man smiled at them and told them to sit casually as though there was nothing unusual about his banquet. As they all sat down, practically with no eyebrows left, they exchanged scared looks. The two farmers hauling the mirror to the front of the room struggled to keep it steady, and when they reached the front, the mirror stood still for but a moment, before tilting over and falling flat on the ground. The long-chinned man screamed violently and dove towards his masterpiece, using all his sudden adrenaline to push it back up, as though he’d suddenly grown the power of a Kami. When the mirror was lifted back up, everything was still intact, staying in place, yet the pieces were shattered into huge shards to the wooden border. How were they not falling out of place? When all the farmers looked into the mirror closely, it was not the banquet that was mirrored. Instead, it was gray smoke, and a dark, black-and-white woman was there looking at them. Her hair stretched long and seemed very dark, though no color tainted it. Her skin was gray, and she seemed to have a white wedding dress on. She smiled at them, and the long-chinned man fell to his knees. He was holding his hands up at her in a welcome pose, and she smiled before suddenly the shards began to make crinkling sounds, and the woman was no longer in the mirror. She was levitating behind it, high above the ground, she pushed the masterpiece, sending it collapsing down on the long-chinned man. Now, keep in mind, this mirror was huge and very heavy. The shards that were shattered would quickly fall out now, seemingly no longer kept in place by the mirror woman. So, honestly, the man was dead meat. He was crushed under the massive mirror, squashed, and cut by glass, stone, and wood. His blood spread across the floor, up the stairs, and out of the room and watered the soil, and soon, branchless, leafless trees came up from the ground. The other farmers screamed in horror at what the so-called masterpiece was causing. The building around them was being torn apart by nature, and then they were gone. Their souls were left unattended in the air… and then they joined the long-chinned man that no longer had a chin’s blood. They became the branches and the leaves of the trees. This was Ochiba Forest.

Thank you for taking the time to read my application!

Last edited:

Oli

Level 120
gncme
gncme
Omega
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
We suggest you practice your sentence structure and diction as it needs improvement.​

Users who are viewing this thread