Denied Wethecreature's Lore Team Application

wethecreature

Level 93
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich

IGN:
wet_h (wethecreature)​
List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
wethecreature#6625​
Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
I do not.​
Your time zone and current country of residence:
MST, America​
Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
N/A​
Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
I recognize that I could be removed from the community team.​
List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Mainly School, at the moment, though that isn't that much of a problem, if I begin to have problems, I will make sure the team knows that.​
What makes you passionate about writing?:
I have been writing since I was very young, I can specifically remember writing silly little fantasy-themed stories throughout my early days in writing stories. As I grew older and went through different classes that involved writing, my writing became better, and I began to appreciate doing it more. I began to write more full-fledged and interesting stories, and I began to enjoy writing even more. Writing helps me express emotions and thoughts, and in my eyes, is just very fun overall.​
Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I have a lot of experience with writing, in my free time I enjoy writing little stories, songs, and poetry. I also have experience with creative writing on this server, in the form of Umbra's writing pieces. Umbra Website Click here if you wish to see some short writing pieces I made for Umbra.
In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is the history, the backstory of the world that your character lives in. There wouldn't be a world without lore. What would it be if Karakura was just there and there was no history? A blank slate. Just an island with nothing interesting going on. There would be nothing to develop your character's world, to make it more interesting and fun to roleplay in.​
WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES
  1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.​
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.​

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.
[361]
A young female, around the age of eighteen, stood in the plaza of Karakura, wearing a large rat mask. She had a phone next to her ear and was chatting with somebody over the phone, her voice not fading as she spoke. Her long, fancy, red dress was swaying back in forth as the light breeze moved against it. She would hang up the phone as another, larger female wearing a ballistic face mask ran towards her, picking her up and running away. The rat woman's emotions would be unclear as she was taken away by the unknown person, but one could only wonder about the distress that was going through her. Soon, they arrived at a large house behind the Highschool / College, where she was brought in and hurled onto the ground in a room upstairs. The rat woman was quickly knocked out by the masked female and an unmasked male who stood close. Two unknown men came into the room and stared around it, but soon the left, likely sure nothing was wrong. Quickly, the masked female took the rat woman away and then threw her in a bush, where she would wake up no longer aware of where she was located. When the rat woman awoke, a young boy approached, and noticing the damage dealt to her by the masked female, took her to EMS. By the time they arrived at the EMS, the rat woman realized that she had been followed. As she walked in, she turned around to find the masked female standing before her. But the rat woman was not going to be attacked again. In an act of vengeance, the rat woman lured the masked female to the beach, where she broke the masked female's arm, giving the female the pain that she deserved. As she tried to flee from the situation, the rat woman was caught by the masked female, who, in shambles, had run more after to capture her. The rat woman was brought to the house again, where she was knocked out in the backyard, and in a final act of malice to end the rivalry, the rat woman was killed. Exterminated, like a real rat...
RIP The Rat Queen C.O.D Unknown
Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines
[351]
The oceans of Karakura are not happy fun waters, it is a sad tale of tragedy, the tale of The Woman of The Sea. Long ago, in the early days of Karakura, there was a man and a woman. It was a lovely relationship. The man loved the woman, and the woman loved the man, and they were both great seafarers. They both went out to sea and traveled far and wide all the time, before coming back to each other and being together again. A romantic story, in the beginning, at least. After a long time, they had two children, and they didn't go out to sea for a long time. But then, the man started going on trips again, though the woman was worried about him coming back, she let him go where he wanted. He began to go very far though, and one day, he went for a journey out to sea, and he vowed to return. But he didn't. Yet, out of love, the woman waited at the top of the lighthouse, and would not come down. She wouldn't eat or sleep and would have one of her children bring her pails of salt water to drink each day. But he still did not come, so she decided to go a step further. She took out her boat to sea, and lived out on the sea, drinking salt water, eating seaweed, and barely sleeping. Her horrible habits grew worse and worse until she was no longer able to keep the will to live. She never came back... at least, not alive. Around a year later, a small ship crashed on the shore. The body of the woman was on the ship. She no longer looked human, with her hair to her knees, clothes tattered, and barnacles on her skin. It was as if she were a mermaid. To this day, the spirit of the woman wanders out on the water, on the shore, and even in the lighthouse of Karakura beach. It is said that she still lies in wait in case her husband is to return...

Oli

Level 119
gncme
gncme
Notable+
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today.
The reasons for your denial include:
- There were multiple instances of repetition of words and short filler sentences that have no usage.
- Both prompts were underwhelming and did not contain a creative aspect.​

Users who are viewing this thread