mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

What I am doing with my life?

It's been almost two years since I started playing SRP to try to get away from a lot of Italian roleplay, which I won't name; I wanted something new. At the beginning, I played very little, and I stopped playing for a while; but it's been a while since I started playing again, and I'm really enjoying SRP.

But only now, I'm starting to realize that I'm playing SRP for some reasons. I'm not a very open guy in real life; in fact, I don't talk much to people in IRL, and I don't have any friends. I don't even have a social life. I admit that sometimes I can do ten hours a day or more of continuous gaming on SRP, thinking that playing this game simulating real life will be okay; but I'm doing nothing with my life because when I turn off this PC, I realize that everything I'm doing is only in a game and not in my real life. I have no purpose in real life, making me think that I'm just isolating myself even more; and I don't know how to get friends and a social life again. I want to try to get out my front door and be "normal again"; but if I go outside, I realize that I'm just a useless person with no purpose in his life. I tried to get out of SRP many times, but I realize that if I stop playing SRP, I have no one; because I only have friends on a screen who may not be able to support me forever.

If someone have any advice to help me please dm me on discord:Şēຖຊค¢ritēri໐#6193

ErikFinster

Level 178
ErikFinster
ErikFinster
Omega+
Oh boy does that sound familiar?

very relatable.png

First, I think it's important to recognize that virtual friendships and experiences are valuable too. We live in a virtual world. That won't change in the foreseeable future. I've fostered great virtual relationships over the years. They grow into intimacy or fade away like any other relationship too. They are not inferior or superior to offline relationships. They are just different.

But when you expecience a nagging feeling that you are neglecting a part of you that desires IRL relationships, you can look into that. Feeling disconnected from real-life experiences can be anxiety-provoking. But it is a first step that you feel and acknowledge the impact of your habits, and can feel and express your desire for change. You're not alone in this. Others have experienced it and managed to improve their situation. And so can you.

Building face-to-face relationships can feel challenging, but stepping out of your comfort zone is usually the first step toward creating meaningful connections. Things are valuable because they take guts, luck, and effort to accomplish. And you'll have to invest all three to make those IRL friendships.

Uhh- there are a few things that you could or think about:

DEFINE A GOAL & PRIORITIZE
Define what you yearn for. Or approximate a concrete goal. "I want to make an IRL friend!" for example. "I want to find my passion" is another example. And if that is something that you deem worth doing, you allocate some time to it. You dedicate a single day each week or one hour per day, thinking about and moving towards your new goal.

LOOK FOR SHARED INTERESTS
You don't have to be good at stuff. Passion or interest is often enough. If you don't know what you are passionate about, look for things that make you care. Or things that you find funny. Or irritating things. Or things that you understand intimately, or things that you don't understand at all. Or things that you are really afraid about. Often the most important and relevant things hide where the pain/fear/shame resides. Maybe . . . you are secretly a furry? Or you love knitting. Or it's as simple as collecting plant-based Pokemon. Or you appreciate lewd poetry. You'll probably find something if you look closely enough.

BABY STEPS TOWARD BEING USEFUL
When you figured out what you are interested about, find other people who share those interests and go to local meet-ups or try to reach out to them (online first, offline later). If you are special interest, you might have to drive/commute far, but it's worth it. You could visit community events, join clubs or groups that cater to your interests, or sound at least bearable to attend. Start conversations with like-minded individuals. If you are afraid that nobody is interested in you or that you can't offer anything of value, there is a way to feel less useless: Volunteering. Become reliable for providing help or with moving things along. You are human, and you have human potential. You can offer your work, time, opinion/perspective, ideas, and anything you're ready to give. People like being around people who offer their help and share their interests.

EMBRACE DISCOMFORT & BE PATIENT
I'm intimately familiar with social anxiety and the feeling of being useless. Building IRL relationships is uncomfortable at first, but that's probably normal. The best place for personal growth is slightly outside your comfort zone. There will probably be setbacks and rejections. These hurt. Take your time, gather your strength, and try again. Persistent effort and openness to new experiences will enrich you with competence. And that is an antidote to anxiety.

I hope that you find the courage and energy to approach and work towards your inner desires!
がんばってください! (Ganbatte kudasai!)

findouticly

Level 38
findouticly
findouticly
Omega
It's been almost two years since I started playing SRP to try to get away from a lot of Italian roleplay, which I won't name; I wanted something new. At the beginning, I played very little, and I stopped playing for a while; but it's been a while since I started playing again, and I'm really enjoying SRP.

But only now, I'm starting to realize that I'm playing SRP for some reasons. I'm not a very open guy in real life; in fact, I don't talk much to people in IRL, and I don't have any friends. I don't even have a social life. I admit that sometimes I can do ten hours a day or more of continuous gaming on SRP, thinking that playing this game simulating real life will be okay; but I'm doing nothing with my life because when I turn off this PC, I realize that everything I'm doing is only in a game and not in my real life. I have no purpose in real life, making me think that I'm just isolating myself even more; and I don't know how to get friends and a social life again. I want to try to get out my front door and be "normal again"; but if I go outside, I realize that I'm just a useless person with no purpose in his life. I tried to get out of SRP many times, but I realize that if I stop playing SRP, I have no one; because I only have friends on a screen who may not be able to support me forever.

If someone have any advice to help me please dm me on discord:Şēຖຊค¢ritēri໐#6193
Sin I love you

Users who are viewing this thread