mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

When do you think SRP will shut down? (5 years, 10 years, 20 years in the future?)

Tinoy

Level 2
Everything has to end eventually including SchoolRP, so my question is when do you think that will happen? Do you think it'll die in 5 years? or 10? or 20? or 100? and what will cause its death?

I personally have 3 predictions that could happen:
1. Slowly dies over the next few years, as people leave srp faster then people join (maybe because the playerbase is getting older). This eventually causes a domino effect ~2030, where people leave because there is less people to rp with, causing basically everyone to leave. Hosting the server isn't profitable anymore, and it shuts down in 2031, with only 20 people to see it happen, the last players of the server.

2. Staff team has some sort of drama, either making the server shut down, or stopping updates (programmers leave the server). Players start to get bored and leave, and the ones that stay stop buying things. it's not profitable now, and it shuts down in the late 2020's (still with players)

3. Best case scenario, SRP community manages to stay out of any drama or controversy and even gets a little bit more popular. It still does die with time, but not enough to shut down. Eventually the staff and owner have to move on in life, and to the playerbase's dismay, they shut it down (probably in the late 2030s?)
So when do you think SRP will die? And what will cause it?

Sq1

Level 18
Sq1
Sq1
Notable
SRP will die out on its own, But. what i think is going to happen is that when kimi or duckings retire it will be passed on. SRP has been here since like 2015 thats almost 10 years! So i think it can go on for 4-7 more years

! salty

Level 46
s4ltyroll
s4ltyroll
Notable
people fail to realize that srp's playerbase/community will never truly die- people WILL make other servers, and those other servers WILL have primarily the same community. I don't believe mcrp's going to die very soon, ngl. srp itself though? it's prolly gonna go in like, 12 years tops

Popo

Level 63
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
This server has been around 2015 and only Duckings can officially close this server permanently. Why would he, however, do that when the server is extremely profitable in many ways? I don't see it closing any time soon, we might as well see the server still operating in the 2040s with a newer playerbase.

! salty

Level 46
s4ltyroll
s4ltyroll
Notable
This server has been around 2015 and only Duckings can officially close this server permanently. Why would he, however, do that when the server is extremely profitable in many ways? I don't see it closing any time soon, we might as well see the server still operating in the 2040s with a newer playerbase.
darkxwalker showing the karakura crime discord a picture of his grandchildren in 2048

Tinoy

Level 2
WHY IS THIS THREAD EVEN HERE?! Why would you ever want to think when SRP will die!?!?!
I doubt it will die soon, but literally everything does, and no one thought mineplex would die, i just wanted to see peoples opinion on what they think will make schoolrp die. I never even said I wanted it to die. Eventually people will have to move on. I mean, it could last 100 years. But you never know these things, so i wanted to know what people thought.

Tinoy

Level 2
WHY IS THIS THREAD EVEN HERE?! Why would you ever want to think when SRP will die!?!?!
It's also ignorant to ignore the inevitable. SRP will probably die on a good note.
Yes, it is profitable I agree, but anything can happen. I do believe server costs will go down, and it could be run (even with less players) but duckings could want to move on in life, especially after 20 years of the server (2036)

Latte

Level 197
_A3he
_A3he
Notable
Im p sure it's losing money from some things I've heard and duckings is like, nowhere to be found man. Also, anything could really happen to end the server at any point

Users who are viewing this thread