mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Why don't Admins and mods Set their captions?

Dalton

Level 3
Why don't admins/mods set their Captions on their Discord account as "Online In SRP server" So we know who to ping? it'd help the people who are asking to be /spawned in.

Springwood

Level 68
Tearliner
Tearliner
Fundraiser+
Hey @Dalton,

You did not use the format that is given in the Feedback section, using this format will make it much easier to understand what your trying to suggest and such things like that!

Click the link down below in order to get redirected to the page where you can copy the format and paste it in your thread! :)

https://schoolrp.net/threads/feedback-format-information.22726/

This suggestion is awesome! This was probably suggested multiple times by players, and I honestly think that they are working on that suggestion as of from now on, not sure though!

+1

Toto

Level 231
SchoolRP
SchoolRP
Rich
FAT 1-

Because they don't belong to the server, they use discord for other things and having to explain these to others out of the SRP area would be more then annoying.

qbigail

Level 77
They have their own personal life and their life prioritises over SchoolRP. They might use Discord for other reasons and having it their status and account revolve around SRP is extremely unfair for them.

Totalore

Level 138
Not going to happen. Sorry, but no.

Even though I set a lot of time to revolve around SRP, very few of my friends outside of SRP know that I moderate this server; And, frankly, I'd like to keep it that way. Explaining to others what a status may mean is a pain, especially for the moderators and admins who aren't very comfortable saying they moderate and roleplay on a server (Roleplay, although fun to us, is seen as dumb or childish to many others.)

Others have given good reasons as to why it's a bad idea, too.
They have their own personal life and their life prioritises over SchoolRP. They might use Discord for other reasons and having it their status and account revolve around SRP is extremely unfair for them.
FAT 1-

Because they don't belong to the server, they use discord for other things and having to explain these to others out of the SRP area would be more then annoying.

We don't belong to the server and we have our own personal lives to deal with and enjoy outside of the server.

We originally had a bot that would just give people an "Online" role every time they logged onto the server. I don't know why, but we don't exactly have that bot anymore. I'd love to have it back, but with the player base today it'd just be wasted because it'd break as quickly as it went away.

tl;dr
its a bad idea because we have lives outside of srp and explaining to others that we roleplay and moderate a minecraft roleplay server may not be the most comfortable thing for us

you should dm an online mod and ask for a spawn, that's what normally happens and we usually direct you to other online mods or admins if we're not online

Missunderstood

Level 110
otobii
otobii
Fundraiser+
Not going to happen. Sorry, but no.

Even though I set a lot of time to revolve around SRP, very few of my friends outside of SRP know that I moderate this server; And, frankly, I'd like to keep it that way. Explaining to others what a status may mean is a pain, especially for the moderators and admins who aren't very comfortable saying they moderate and roleplay on a server (Roleplay, although fun to us, is seen as dumb or childish to many others.)

Others have given good reasons as to why it's a bad idea, too.

We don't belong to the server and we have our own personal lives to deal with and enjoy outside of the server.

We originally had a bot that would just give people an "Online" role every time they logged onto the server. I don't know why, but we don't exactly have that bot anymore. I'd love to have it back, but with the player base today it'd just be wasted because it'd break as quickly as it went away.

tl;dr
its a bad idea because we have lives outside of srp and explaining to others that we roleplay and moderate a minecraft roleplay server may not be the most comfortable thing for us

you should dm an online mod and ask for a spawn, that's what normally happens and we usually direct you to other online mods or admins if we're not online
that's a good point- yeah i see why it wont work out

Lovely_Ocean

Level 64
We could perhaps have some sort of 'role' system that could be set in place for staff to add and remove a role from themselves with the use of a bot, which would mean players would only need to click on our profiles to see if we have a role

it would be a simple matter of setting it up and remembering to remove it

Users who are viewing this thread