mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted WIP: Figs' Music Teacher App. v3

Figs

Level 4
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft Username?: helpbugsareinme

How old are you?: 14 (But I sure as hell don't sound like it. Surprise!)

Do you have any previous bans?: A tempban on MisterFig. I was confronted by a police officer as soon as my wifi died.

What Country are you from?: United States

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): Figs#4614

Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes. I have read the TEACHER/SCHOOL STAFF COC post and understand most of the answers are found there.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes. I will devote more time to this than I would usually do with roleplay.

Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?:
I understand. Otherwise, I would lose my position.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?:
I’m on at least two to three hours per day, and I am usually on every day.

I wake up usually around 11-1 pm EST and leave the server at 8:30 pm

Due to circumstances, said times may not be flexible.
(I will notify those concerned if I am unavailable.)

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?:

Previous Application, formatted wrong: https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/music-teacher-application.18114/
previous application: denied: https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/music-teacher-application.18114/
Same case as above: https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/music-teacher-application-v2.18235/

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:

I wish to join this establishment and workforce because I wish to give roleplayers the knowledge, care, and respect the staff gave to me when I roleplayed here before. I personally am interested in the subject of music, and always wanted to see what ways I could incorporate it outside of the real world. Being honest, I want to challenge myself to create lessons for my character to carry out.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?:
If I am correct, I have roleplayed since I was 12 on medieval servers, and some modernrp. I’ve roleplayed on this server for near 14 days on my other account, MisterFig. I host several discord rp servers of my own, including a DnD-esque server, to which I am currently the Dungeon Master. Dungeon Masters Preside over the game being played, and create the game itself, in a sense. They keep track of characters, items etc.
(MisterFig is a dog account now.)

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: No, as for the link to it brings me to an "error" page. Although I would wish to receive a copy if possible

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: Classroom logs are what teachers use to mark what they did while they were teaching. They're important because whenever there would be problems with the way someone taught, you could refer to the classroom logs. Also so that you don't repeat the same lesson over and over again. This also let any staff stay informed about you, and ensures you don't get demoted.

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: I would first consult a superior about the idea. I would make a plan for them, spend some time pointing out thing I believe will be good for the students. If the idea was accepted. I would then go to the student council’s. Talk to them about the idea and see what they think and if students will enjoy it. If we do change some things, I would plan a second meeting with higher, re-discussing the idea to in the end make sure everything is perfect. After making sure everything is doable and perfect, I would then announce it to the class and ask for student who want to participate to give me their names. If set, I would make sure to reach the limit of students who could go to this trip. If the number of student would be above 15, I would ask for an other teacher to accompany me on this trip, assuring all students safety. I would wait a week before making the trip happen. Giving time for students to get settled with the date of the event. Then, taking the opportunity to use the trip as something relaxing out the classrooms and take the opportunity to teach them music in a more fun environment than a class room.

A few recommendations I could provide:
Attending concerts
Visiting museums
Visiting a recording studio
Watch a performance/play/musical
As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:

1. Do not speak while the teacher is speaking.

2. No food or drinks in class.

3. Do not cause disruptions. (throwing things, getting up, etc.)

4. Respect your peers (and your teacher)

5. Do not call out, raise your hand to speak.

6. Refrain from using your phone unless it is an emergency.

7. Do the homework you are given. If you don't, you will most likely receive a detention and a call home.

8. Violence/violent language gets you sent to the hallway. You interrupt my class, you don't deserve to be in it.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP):

During my time as a roleplayer, I have participated in wide amounts of role play. As previously stated, I have over 14 days worth of time on SchoolRp, where I have played as a dog and a student. Furthermore, I have experience hosting my own roleplays, being a DM for a DnD-type server. I do not doubt my ability to perform this job, and play the part effectively. From my last application, I learned how to detailrp better, and make my emotes more specific. Whenever I start up my DnD games, I make sure that I seriousrp and detailrp so my players can understand everything about the situation, and could apply it to being a teacher.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD:

Head of Department: the Highest rank of one teaching subject. They ensure that details are kept in order, create curriculum, and make sure that other staff are qualified with essential skills to teach.
- QTLS:

Qualified Teacher and Learning Skills: Promotion from NQT. They do not need assistance from the HD, as they have proven to be able to manage their classes effectively.

- NQT:

Newly Qualified Teacher: The first position someone would be assigned after being accepted as a teacher. They must also ask permission to teach, and must be monitored by the HD, as they have not completely proven their abilities.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in-game are mainly in the school during work hours teaching their respective subjects. The teachers serve the purpose of educating students and preparing them for college, or their professions if they are already in college. They're able to work with the students and eliminate any problems regarding any misbehavior. They are usually passionate about their work. During spare time/breaks (if there are multiple teachers online) I often witness teachers casually interacting with each other. This is just as any normal relationship, really.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are important to SchoolRP servers because they are the fundamentals of school roleplay. Not only do teachers make roleplay easier, but they make roleplay more interesting, deep, and diverse. If you don't have a teacher, you don't have a school.

Teachers bring more in depth roleplay to the server, providing lessons, homework etc. Teachers allow you to almost fully immerse yourself into the school, making it feel like you yourself are learning while playing. If you are going for realism, It is definitely a plus to have teachers.

The server was always active, but with more teachers, it would feel more lively and realistic. Having multiple subjects open for students to choose is one of the things you see in typical high schools. For example: You don't want to be in a science class the whole day. You want options.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
From what I have read: Must Have, Should Have, Would Have.

Character Knowledge

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future?

A slim french Male. He would be strongly built, standing around 185cm (6'1) and 70kg (154lbs). He had a deep, smooth voice that seemed calm and attractive. He would have deep crimson eyes that seemed to have a tired gaze. Near both of his eyes, he would have a vertical scar (Like Kakyoin, from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, as cringey as it sounds) from his cheeks to his eyebrows.

Personality-wise, Speedwagon is very calm. He doesn't spend too much time worrying about smaller details, and often takes time to think about his actions. He often stares off into space, becoming easily startled. Secretly, Roderic is nerdy, and enjoys watching anime, reading lore, composing OST etc.

Speedwagon is a character that deeply cares about the education of his students, and would sacrifice great amounts of time and effort to educate his students. Roderic sees students as very important, often showing respect to them where he can. He is also a very calm person who plans things out carefully. Roderic plans to educate for the remainder of his life.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: I would first kindly ask them to stop and go to class, also explaining how use of profanity in public places isn't necessarily "hip." If they refuse, I would sentence them to a detention due to misbehavior.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: I would focus on the point of the distraction, removing it. If this requires confiscation of an item, a detention or a pointed finger to the hallway, I will do so. What's important is making sure my students are being taught without distraction. I wouldn't lose my cool with the class, though, as that would be immature.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Roderic would have normal conversations with the other faculty, discussing lesson plans, concerns, student issues or any other relevant topic. Speedwagon would also partake in relaxed conversations, and listen to the stories his colleagues share.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me The slim man would draw a quarter-note pattern on the board. pointing to it with a confident gaze through his shades.

/me He would play a musical sample on the drum kit in front of him, rhythmically tapping his head along with the drumsticks.

/me He pops his neck, sitting in his chair at the desk, grading previous work and waiting for the students to finish their assignments.

/me With a calm smile, he raises his violin, demonstrating the proper form to use when playing to the students.

/me With frightened eyes, concealed by a pair of sunglasses, he cringes, observing the student's horrible attempt at playing the guitar, walking towards them with open hands.

Backstory

Born in 1981, Roderic was separated from his family at an early age, witnessing his parents’ deaths at the age of 12. He grew up with his aunt in France, where he grew up, learning Spanish and French. When he turned 16, he moved to Karakura, Japan to fulfill his parents' wish of exploring the world some day. During his time in Karakura, he learned of his lost siblings, his younger brother, Levi, and his older sister, Ash. Speedwagon learned that his brother died in a highway accident, and his sister was brutally murdered besides a campfire.
(Yes, this happened ICly. Please refrain from calling me edgy.)

A few months later, Roderic left Karakura, travelling different of the world such as France and Spain. He even started a miniature garage band in his teens. Speedwagon later decided to become an educator, engaging in the studies to do so. Once again, he took a travel break, serving as a tour guide for a few months. He decided to move back to Karakura since it was where most of his friends/family stood. (This includes graves, uwu)

In-Character Information

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Roderic E.O Speedwagon

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Mister

Given Name(s): Roderic, Joker

Preferred Name: Mr. S.

Religious Denomination: Christian.

Marital Status: Single.

Nationality: French

Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): Two

Working Experience (# of years): Five

Academic Degree: Bachelor’s Degree

Year of Graduation: 1999 (High School), 2007 (Masters Degree).
Major(s): Music
Minors: Education

Native Languages: French

Other Languages: Japanese, English, Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Indeed, a TEFL certificate.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Musical Studies

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): From looking at my previous applications, I realized i was completely un-aware as to how this application format is performed.
(My alternative account, MisterFig, has the languages, but is now a dog)

Do you have any questions?: Will I be given the documents that don't work on the original website? If there is important information, I wish to be aware of it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- This application may be lacking in a few fields, but I don’t exactly expect applications to be absolutely perfect. From what I can tell, you’ve definitely proven yourself to be a mature individual by the opinions and mannerisms you own in any voice channels or text channels I’ve seen you in. I believe having you on the teacher team would be absolutely beneficial.

Please DM me on Discord to have your role sorted out - melody#0429.

Users who are viewing this thread