What is your time zone?:
PST - United States of America

What is your discord username? (eg @muffincats):
@oldschoolfool

Link all previous applications you made on the server:
JSL Application Accepted
Spanish Application Accepted

Describe your activity on SchoolRP:
I work a part-time job five days a week. However, I am active on all seven days of the week, putting in at least 4 hours a day on SchoolRP. I am typically on in the morning as well as the early afternoon, not logging back on until later on in the night after I get out of work.

Describe your roleplay experience with SchoolRP and other roleplay networks in general:
In terms of SchoolRP roleplay experience, I am relatively new, all things considered, as I became a member of the community around June of this year. So far, I have managed to explore various aspects of roleplay, ranging from FamilyRP to CrimeRP. In addition to this, my character is to some degree a well-known local, and he is constantly interacting with people across the island. However, I have experience with roleplay in games other than Minecraft, these games being where I learned how to roleplay in the first place. This allowed me to transition into SchoolRP in a relatively easy fashion, as they have similar concepts despite being in different settings.

SA:MP (San Andreas Multiplayer) - When I was much younger, I would frequent various roleplay servers on SA:MP, a modified version of GTA: San Andreas. The one with the most significance to me, however, was a server called Ultimate Roleplay. U:RP is a now defunct LightRP server where I played an active role in several law enforcement factions, as well as serving a brief stint on the staff team as an administrator under the alias 'Fresh'. By playing an active part on the server as a staff member, I was expected to maintain an extensive knowledge of the server rules in order to work with other members of the staff team to ensure an enjoyable roleplay experience for the community.

Roblox - Though this may come as a surprise to some people, there are various servers on Roblox that facilitate roleplay. I started my roleplay journey here at the age of 13, becoming a prominent member of the Realistic Roleplay community over the years. This community spawned three games: Realistic Roleplay, Realistic Roleplay 2, and East Brickton. These games were run with considerably looser standards than that of SchoolRP, but it was a great introductory point for me to the world of roleplay. As time went on, I became a prominent enough member of the community to be in their staff team despite my young age. I started off as a Moderator and ended up rising to Administrator, keeping this position for about 2-3 years overall, as there was a gap in between my time with the community where I was not actively playing due to personal reasons. I am no longer an active member of this community, having moved on by now.

What are your current roles on SchoolRP:
[Grade-12] (Main) Maurice Togomi-Rivera

[Grade-12] (Alternate) Osman Chughtai

What is the subject you want to teach?:
World History

TRIVIA SECTION

What is your motivation for becoming a professor?:

I am motivated to become a professor because I wish to open myself up to a new field of roleplay, no matter what difficulties it may bring me. Being a history fanatic, I feel that there are many different aspects of the subject that would be beneficial as well as intriguing for people to learn. I will incorporate these aspects into the roleplay of my character, which tests my ability to provide a fun learning experience for students that is versatile but not difficult to catch onto. I would love to contribute to the SRP community in this way, as it's a subject that I have enough experience in to be able to teach it, and I am more than delighted to share my knowledge on it.

Work out two interactive classes you will host if accepted:
Interactive Class 1

Students will be given a simplified lecture of the Revolutionary War, and I will play a game with the class in order to test their ability to recollect the knowledge that has been given to them. In this game, each student will get up from their seats, and remain standing. As I walk by them, students will be expected to name at least one thing from the lesson, so long as it relates to the lesson. Some examples are the name of historical figures (e.g. George Washington, John Adams), a term that was used in the lesson (e.g. Redcoats, Declaration of Independence), a prominent location in the lesson (e.g. New York, Boston) or a prominent historical event that was given in the lesson (e.g. Boston Tea Party, Battles of Lexington and Concord). As each student gives a response, I will cross out what was said, thus preventing students from answering the same thing, and challenging them to recall what was explained in the lesson. If they can not answer in time, they will be taken out of the game and made to have a seat. This cycle would keep repeating, until there is one person in the classroom left standing up. They would receive a reward token for their efforts, as a form of commendation for paying attention to the lesson.

Interactive Class 2
Students will be tested on their initial knowledge on world history, through a Quizizz or a Kahoot that will ask them questions about world history, These questions will be a mix of history that is generally known among the global populace (e.g. World Wars, Discovery of the Americas, Renaissance) and lesser known topics (e.g. Ancient Mesopotamia, Invention of the printing press, Magna Carta). The topics given will be those that are of great importance and have contributed to the creation of the world that we live in today. I will give concise but informative statements for each topic as to why they are so important today, hopefully opening up students to the world of history. This activity will help students show that there are always things to learn, and their knowledge doesn't have to be limited to things that are widely known. For me, the activity will allow me to determine what is already common knowledge, and what is lesser known. I will plan my future courses in accordance with this.

Work out a field trip (meaning a class outside school grounds) you will host if accepted:
For my field trip, I will take my class across various historical sites across Karakura, such as Itsbyoshi Trail, Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, and Jinsei Zen Garden. I'll ask students simple questions about the places, testing their knowledge on the local history of Karakura. Under my supervision, they will be able to look around these areas and closely inspect their features, while I would explain the stories behind these places and their features as they looked, pointing out the history hidden within them in things such as infrastructure, tradition, and culture. This field trip is a way of helping my students understand just how prominent history is in everyday life, as it can be found across the whole island, even more so now, as history continues to write itself as the city of Karakura expands, offering an example of how civilizations across the world start off, until they advance as time passes, leaving an endless amount of valuable knowledge that can be used for the further advancement of society, and on a smaller scale, day to day life.

SCENARIO SECTION

Your character would encounter a group of college jocks surrounding a bobcat jock, what would your character do?

Before making any assumptions, my character would scan the situation with his eyes, checking for any mannerisms consistent with conflict, looking for facial expressions, stances, and what is being said. He will then approach the group, making his presence known and asking questions in a respectful manner, not accusing anyone without being sure of what is occurring. After hearing both sides of the story, my character will separate the college jocks from the bobcat jock. Since nothing else has occurred that indicates any violation of the school policy, my character will send both parties on their ways, giving them a general reminder to be respectful of their peers and their personal space.

Your character would be supervising detention, one of the students constantly disturbs by asking stupid questions, what would your character do?
My character will approach the student, and pull him aside to discuss with him privately why he shouldn't be asking questions that aren't pertaining to his detention tasks, as they're causing a disturbance and prevent others as well as the student themselves from focusing on finishing their tasks. Once I've made that clear to the student, I would let them return to their tasks, as they're still expected to finish their tasks within a certain amount of time.

Your character would be hosting a class, and a group of cheerleaders keeps on playing songs on the phone and calling out other students in the class, what would your character do?
The cheerleaders would be warned that their phones should be either on silent or off completely, and put away. They'll be reminded that phones are a distraction in class, as they get in the way of the lessons being taught, for the students that are using their phones, as well as those around them. If it persists, their phones will be confiscated until class is over. In regards to them calling out other students in class, I would warn them not to bother other students, as they are here to learn, not to be disturbed by other students. In the event that they refuse, and continue with disturbing the classroom, they'd promptly be removed from the classroom and each student would be administered detention.

Your character would be walking on the school perimeter and encounter a fight between a couple of students, your character tried to break it up but it didn't help, what would your character do?
He would immediately notify other faculty of the situation over the radio, requesting that anyone available may come to assist in breaking the fight up. My character would get in the middle of the students, in an attempt to minimize the possibility of the fight continuing. He continued to do so until more faculty arrived, all the while telling the students to cease the fight, imploring them not to go on as it could lead to worse consequences than what was going to happen as a result of the fight. Once he has other faculty to help him properly separate the pair, he'd have one of the faculty members ask questions, to one of the students, questions such as 'What happened prior to the fight that led to this?' 'Are you injured in any way? Do you need to be examined in the nurse's office?'. He'd ask these same questions to the other student, making sure that he can extract as much information as possible from the situation in order to make a conclusion as to what transpired. After determining that everyone is safe and everything is in working order, the two students would be given detention for fighting, as violence is not seen as an appropriate way to deal with any disagreements between parties.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs.

What do they look like?

Adam Malandela is a slim and average heighted man, standing at about 5 foot, six inches tall. He is of Zulu and Dutch descent, with his darker tanned skin coming from his Zulu mother, and his blonde, straight hair and gray eyes coming from his Dutch father. He constantly bears a natural grin on his face, always feeling upbeat about being able to live his childhood dream. He takes on a casual appearance, most often seen wearing his red jacket, combining it with a white button-up shirt, a pair of straight fit cuffed jeans, a black leather belt, and a pair of sleek dress shoes.

download_7.png
What makes them unique and different?
Adam grew up in the developing country of South Africa under third world conditions in his hometown, and as a result, in order to reinforce his knowledge and love of history, he had to adapt and overcome many educational challenges at a young age. Being an intelligent and cunning person, Adam managed to accomplish this feat, going as far as taking the bus to more developed areas in his province in order to utilize their libraries for study.

Adam is unique and different in terms of his appearance, as a Zulu man with straight, blonde hair and gray eyes is not something commonly seen. As a youth, he was often bullied for his appearance, but was reassured by his mother that he was a handsome young man that did not need to fit in with society's standards of how he is supposed to look. Adam took his own spin on this, and argues that owning his appearance is a confirmation of his love of cultural diversity and history, citing how Dutch colonists historically settled in South Africa before the British took control. He is a product of history itself, he says, as everything that happened back then has indirectly led to his birth.

What is their outlook on Students?
With Adam's goal being to educate however many people he can in the field of world history, he is quite fond of students, seeing them as the next generation of people to pass down the countless stories of historical events and advancements. Even if they aren't particularly studying history, Adam considers himself to be a friend of the youth, and is always willing to assist a student with their needs, even if it seems that he has to go out of his way in order to do so.

What about the other teachers?
Adam has a deep sense of respect for other teachers, as he realizes that the job can be a handful at times. He admires that, despite this, the other teachers continue to work hard in educating students, seeing himself as no better than the next educator. Adam is always open to requesting assistance from other teachers if need be, as he recognizes the wisdom and knowledge that teachers may provide, even if they teach different subjects. In addition to this, he is willing to play his own active part in collaborating with his co-workers, making sure that his own knowledge and experience is readily available for other faculty to utilize.

What is their personality like?
Adam has a very upbeat and positive outlook on life, feeling as if there is no reason to think in a negative way, even when life has him down. His rough but effective upbringing as well as his successes in school have shaped him into a kind and understanding man who will never judge someone based on their appearance or social / economical standing, only judging them by their character traits and the decisions they make.

What is their plan for the future?
With the island of Karakura being such a diverse and culturally rich place, Adam predicts that he will stay in this area for as long as possible, as it is a place that he could only dream about living in when he was a child. Adam's current intentions are to live a long and fruitful life in Karakura, educating as many students as he can in world history. Though he is currently a single man, he is open to seeing someone, hopefully being able to marry them one day and have some children of his own, so that he could pass on his history-rich torch to them.

Describe how your character ended up becoming a teacher and their previous life. It is optional to include earlier life but recommended.
Make sure this is over 100 words.

Rough Beginnings
Life was not easy for Adam Malandela, being born and having to live in a rundown part of Durban, South Africa, in the province of KwaZulu-Natal. Having no father to speak of and being the only man in the house, Adam was no stranger to responsibility. His mother frequently assigned him daily tasks (e.g. maintaining a clean household, shopping for ingredients at the local market, getting fresh drinking water from the local well) that he needed to complete in order to do his share around the house, ensuring that him and his mother would life a comfortable life as possible despite living a third-world lifestyle.

Visions From Worlds Past
Despite the various bad influences he came across during his early childhood, Adam stayed out of trouble by focusing on his fondness for school. In particular, he found world history interesting. He was first introduced to it in school when he was told stories of the famed Shaka Zulu, ruler of the Zulu Empire, and his struggles against the British. Having been inspired by his peoples' history, Adam began to branch out, utilizing the local library to engage in the study of Africa's various cultures and history, some examples being the tales of Mansa Musa, history's richest man, and Abu Bakr, the Arabic traveler. Before he knew it, Adam was studying all that he could about world history in his free-time, learning about different cultures and civilizations across the world.

A Formal Education
After graduating high school in 2010, a young, well-versed and intelligent Adam immediately pursued a college education, relocating to Pretoria, South Africa to attend the University of Pretoria, seeking a bachelor's degree in History. Adam found most of the curriculum to be relatively easy, as he was already well-versed with the history of Africa and South Africa having already self-studied these topics that were talked about in his program courses. By 2014, Adam had finished his undergraduate program in History, receiving a Bachelor of Arts degree in History.

Along the way, Adam had also taken courses relating to education and ethnic studies, deciding that he would become a teacher by the time his educational journey was over. He wished to share the history of the world to as many people as he could, thus opening them up to ideas and concepts from the past that helped to shape the world today. Adam did not have any time for gap years, wanting to become a teacher as soon as possible. He moved back to his home province of KwaZulu-Natal, and began attending the University of KwaZulu-Natal under their postgraduate program for History.

What had been an upstanding and fruitful life thus far for Adam had been interrupted by the sudden loss of his mother to illness. Adam loved his mother very much, as she was the only person to raise him, and she was one of the only people around him to support his aspirations. As a result, Adam's mental health began to decline, and his grades began to suffer. This lasted for 2-3 months, before Adam finally began to seek professional help, deciding that he was going to finish what he started in the name of his mother. Adam put in countless hours of examination and study into his program, going through constant sleepless nights and stressful days. To get back into the speed of things, Adam took online courses in conjunction with his current ones, doubling his workload for a while. This ended up paying off, as Adam was able to graduate in 2015, fitting within the standard two year time frame instead of having to take another year as predicted by his initial struggles.

Now having his Master's degree, there was only one step left for Adam to take before pursuing a career in education; He had to complete a doctoral degree program.

Moving yet again, Adam saw himself living in the city of Johannesburg, South Africa to enroll at the University of Johannesburg, being the only college in South Africa to offer a PHD in History that he knew of. By this point, Adam had reaffirmed his goals to become a teacher, beginning to look at schools across South Africa, and across the world. Though a school on an island off the coast of Japan immediately caught his eye, Adam concluded that he must first gain teaching experience, and figured that there was no better way to do it than to teach history to the local youth in his home province. He was getting ahead of himself, however, as he still needed to complete his doctoral degree. After hours upon hours of rigorous study, Adam was proud to have finally achieved his big goal in 2018, graduating and receiving a PHD in History.

For four years, Adam returned to his hometown of Durban, and taught history at the local Zimele High School. Now being able to put his degree to use, he happily taught his students, helping them to learn the history of their proud nation of South Africa, as well as Africa as a whole. He made sure to throw in bits of world history as well, and highlighted the importance of how the past shapes the future. Adam would pull the extra stops for students who felt that they were struggling, offering them study plans and free after school tutoring to help them get back on track. Adam was fully enjoying his life, finally being able to do what he's always wanted.

Karakura: A Land Unknown
After serving his four years as a high school teacher at Zimele High, Adam felt that he could seek a higher purpose in informing the rest of the world of time's tales. He began looking at other schools and universities, including the one that he had come across a few years ago. Under the name Karakura High, it was a school filled with students from across the world! This excited Adam greatly, as there would be no better purpose for him than to teach students from all walks of life about history, so that they could spread out across the globe and take their education with them. As of 2023, Adam Malandela has moved to the island of Karakura, applying to become a professor of world history in service of Karakura High.

IN-CHARACTER SECTION
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you, replace the underscores [ _ ] with your answers)

1 - PERSONAL DATA

Full Name:

Adam Malandela

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Mr. Malandela

Given Name(s):
Addy Boy

Preferred Name:
Adam

(Born on April 16, 1992)

Gender & pronouns:
Cisgender Male, He/Him

Religious Denomination:
Coptic Orthodox Christianity

Marital Status:
Single

Nationality:
South African (Zulu)

Current Location:
Durban, South Africa, moving to Karakura

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years):

4 years

Working Experience (# of years):
10 years

Academic Degree:
PHD

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
History

Minors:
Education, Ethnic Studies

Native Languages:
English

Other Languages:
JSL

Preferred Teaching Subject:
History

Extra: N/A

Additional notes about your application (if any): N/A

Last edited:

MuffinCat

Level 78
Administrator
Professor Lead
Authorization Team
MuffinCat
MuffinCat
Rich
Accepted!
Congratulations, please make sure you're in the Karakura Academics discord, and ping me in #help (@muffincats) to receive your role. You can request your role in game by making a ticket. If you are not in the discord please make sure to join https://discord.gg/xQBHzyNE4Y

Users who are viewing this thread