mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Wrestling (not the best idea i just had the thing made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

knqzy

Level 5
What's your Minecraft Username?: aweHellioni
What's the title of your suggestion?: Wrestling (not the best idea i just had the thing made)

What's your suggestion?:

Wrestling

The Rules

1. Takedown
You score two points for taking your opponent down to the mat and controlling him/her

2. Escape
You Score one point for getting away or getting to a neutral position when your opponent has you down on the mat.

3. Reversal
You score two points when your opponent has you down on the mat and you come from underneath and gain control of your opponent

4. Near fall
2 or 3 Points depends on it but describing it you get near fall points when you almost but do not quite get your opponent pinned. A near fall is when both shoulders are held for two seconds within four inches of the mat, or one shoulder touches the mat and the other shoulder is at a 45-degree angle coming down to the mat, or if the wrestler is held in a high bridge or back on both elbows.

5. Penalty Points
Your opponent is awarded points if you commit infractions

Infractions

Illegal Holds
There are several holds that the referee will penalize you for without warning, potentially dangerous holds which the referee might make you let go of but will not penalize you for

Technical Violations
Going off the mat or forcing your opponent off the mat to avoid wrestling.

Grabbing Violations
Grabbing clothing, the mat, or the headgear will result in an Infraction

Locked Hands
You cannot lock or overlap your hands, fingers, arms, around your opponent’s body or both legs if you are down on the mat in control of your opponent. Unless you have met the criteria to pin your opponent, or your opponent stands up and has all their weight on two feet, or have lifted the opponent off the mat.
Leaving the Mat
During the match without the referee’s permission.

Not Ready to Report to the Mat
Not properly equipped or not ready to wrestle, or equipment that is detected as being illegal after the match has started.

Unnecessary Roughness

Unsportsmanlike Conduct

Flagrant Misconduct

Stalling
You get one warning before you are penalized and points are awarded.

Incorrect Starting Position or False Start
You get two cautions before points are awarded.

How will Wrestling work?

Wrestling is a combat sport, or activity that people do. These individuals engage in physical competition with the goal of either pinning their opponent to the floor, scoring points throughout the game, using various techniques. While the two people are wrestling, the rules may vary and the styles between the two fighting can change throughout the fights, but you have to last 6 minutes, for offense attacks you cant make it impossible to block, you have to make it fair for the other opponent to be able to block using the rolling system. We only use the rolling system for defense, offense attacks do not require rolls but they cant be physically impossible to block. Wrestling in School Roleplay would be fair so everyone has a chance.

How will Wrestling work during Tryouts?
Wrestling Tryouts would be like any other tryouts but different, you start with the Normal couple stretching actions, then proceed to ask people their name, age, and why they want to join wrestling. After that you would make sure theres enough people to go up against each other, if there isn't then you get a team member to join in the practice. The people trying out would do one versus one matches.Then we will then if we have enough members on the team we can have them go against team members for the last part. Then we see who is accepted.

How will Wrestling work during Tourneys?
Wrestling Tourneys would work something like other tourneys being like track, were you go up against someone to see who wins, but it will be different due to this being a combat sport that doesnt do PVP, So Highschool would go against College, and we would have 5 matches in one day which would be the only day. Which ever team wins gets a trophy, and we go on with our days.

What Wrestling would need?

Wrestling is a very popular sport in countries, so Wrestling in Karakura would need a mat somewhere in the school for, the Wrestling and the rest I would handle myself, as the Wrestling-Captain. Some Examples of what I would get me and my team:

A Wrestling helmet, Wrestling outfit, and a Wrestling Jacket, Using only my money for the team and I would put dedication and time into the team if it was to be accepted as a sport team. Of course when this gets accepted, I will be buying the Customs and get it Tailored.

What will it add to SchoolRP: Wrestling would add a fun detailed roleplay experience for members of the school roleplay community. If wrestling was added it would have new customs and another popular sport added to school roleplay. I know me and multiple others still enjoy all the other sports but not as much as a new sport would be MORE enjoyable to the community of school roleplay. This will also add more opportunities for members of school roleplay to join a team as it's a wanted thing by most.

How would this Benefit the server: The sport of wrestling will benefit the server in multiple ways, a few of them being, more options of teams to join from, multiple new roleplay experiences, fun new custom items, more detailed actions to read and watch as the wrestlings fight on the mat lastly, it would bring fun games/tournaments for multiple players to watch! Another amazing benefit would be that it's a whole other new way to learn how to RP as the RP style fighting style would be completely different, another fun experience!

Id use my customs for the team!

A place for the team:

The team mats can be anywhere and all they have to look like this
in a room and it should be all good

Addtional Notes:

Wrestling is a very popular sport across the world and in Japan, which I feel like this sport would fit the most in Karakura.​

How will this benefit the server and community?:
This really depends if people would want it and this is very old and i made it personalized so dont come at me for having it personalized people !!

philbertman42

Level 137
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
Sports that are based solely on roleplay aren't that interesting for most people long term, as sports and exercise are often roleplayed very robotically (where actions are long, detailed descriptions of movement which aren't very interesting to read). They are also not all that interesting to spectate, as there are either very long times between actions, or everything is pre-written and copy/pasted.

That said, there is potential interest in it for people who are intrinsically motivated to do that type of roleplay. I used to be Track Captain for about a year (after having been on the team for multiple years prior), and while most people didn't seem to be all that enthusiastic for athletic / exercise roleplay in the long term, there were a select few who did it pretty well.

There is a niche market for this type of thing, but it's not nearly large enough to warrant becoming an official sport (or club, even). If you're really passionate, try finding others who are equally invested in wrestling / athletics and just do this unofficially.

Valentine_Lols

Level 87
Valentine_Lols
Valentine_Lols
Rich+

I feel like would be a better idea for peeps doing P2L make a discord of this and can gather people, or you could do what kustomzero suggested

Classicalist

Level 86
-1, Making this an official server sport i don't see the point off especially when there is fight club already, However! Since you have all the rules for it made yourself and stuff there is no harm in making this an unofficial sport between friends and such!

KimiNoUso

Level 339
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- This would be a good idea for a School Club​

Status