Denied x_z's Lore Team Application

Lewk

Level 86
x_z
x_z
Omega+
IGN:
x_z

List your discord name and tag (name#0000): (Please note, communication and discord access is vital, and not having access to the site is a dealbreaker for the team)
Lewk#0666
Additionally, do you have a microphone and can speak via discord?
Yeah

Your time zone and current country of residence:
PST | United States of America

Link any previous community team applications if applicable:
None.

Do you recognize you could be removed from the community team?
Yeah.

List a few things that may obstruct your progress/development on the Lore Team.
Well, the main one is personal and I won't write here if needed to know you can DM me on discord. However, some things that might obstruct my progress would be college as I place that above school roleplay.

What makes you passionate about writing?:
Well, I'm not really sure I have been passionate about reading and writing since a young age. I know am majoring in English and writing is kind of my most favorite thing to do as a hobby, I have written short novels before and overall enjoy it.

Do you have any previous experience with writing lore or creative writing as a general aspect?:
I have written novels and helped write novels. I have also written tons of papers regarding these aspects, for example, I wrote a college paper for my fictional writing class where I was assigned to focus on world-building as an introduction to a novel so I would say I do have experience.

In your own words, give your definition of lore:
Lore is something that gives depth to an idea. It is usually revolving around past occurrences with a location or a person in order to add depth and allow people to understand the build-up better.

WRITING PROMPTS:
RULES

1. You are expected to write in the third person, and narrate in a reliable and neutral tone. Do not focus your prompts specifically on one character’s perspective, but on a bigger picture.
  2. There is a 200-800 word limit that applies to both prompts. Because of flow, if you need to go a little over or under, you are permitted to, but as soon as a prompt is 100 words outside the limit, you will be automatically denied.

Summarize a character conflict, roleplay conflict, or event that you experienced (server-wide, personal, etcetera- there is no bar for how ‘interesting’ or ‘impactful’ it is). Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Ryo looked around examining the locker room as basketball players trailed in behind him looking downcast after their recent loss to the high school team. It was the first tournament game in a while and their moods were clearly down after the devastating loss to their juniors. He looked towards them as they began taking off their jerseys, there was a strange silence surrounding the locker, the mood clearly dreary. As he continued to look around standing there quietly, he caught glimpse of Yamato stepping away from the team, his facade cracking as tears could be seen building up within his eyes. Wanting to offer some comfort Ryo slowly walked over to him before realizing Renge was there as well, they seemed to be talking, although Renge did not seem too happy at this exact moment. Not wanting to interrupt he stood there silently observing and listening in to their conversation.

Renge seemed quite upset as she spoke with a sharp tone to the downcast Yamato, “You can’t leave the team Yamato, this was only one game you guys will come back from this”.

“I planned to leave even before this game Renge… I just didn’t expect to leave on a loss…” replied Yamato as he avoided all eye contact as tears that were once built up began to come out slowly trailing down his cheek before drying up.

At this moment, other players from the team began walking over to Yamato, most likely overhearing Renge as she was not trying to keep her voice down at all.

“What is this all about?” one of them questioned before taking a pause and then continuing with a panicking voice, “Is Yamato leaving the team?!”

Yamato glanced up looking at all of them before regathering himself and displaying the confidence of a great captain who dedicated years to this team as he spoke with a sincere tone, “I have been doing this for too long, I have other things I need to focus on, although I was hoping to leave on a win, nonetheless I am sticking with my words and leaving the team”.

Ryo stared as all of this went down, confusion painted on his face before he suddenly spoke up loudly, “What do you mean you’re leaving?! What happened to us playing on the same team one day!?”, he stared Yamato dead in the eyes as he spoke as silence built up within the locker room once again.

Yamato returned the stare before glancing down at the jersey Ryo was currently wearing before letting out a slight smile and speaking, “That jersey looks good on you Captain Ryo, I’m sure you’ll do great leading the team and taking care of it for me…”

Fade to darkness... cool movie scene things...

Create a folklore tale based on an existing area in Karakura of your choosing; Tell us a story! Show us how creative you can get. Be sure to follow the above guidelines.

Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, a monastery which some could say has stood the test of time. Standing strong for hundreds of years, it is the home to the Buddhist faith which many believed and followed wholeheartedly. However, hidden deep within their records, lays a tale of how the monastery offended a God who nearly laid waste to the entire town of Karakura.

It was the year 1134, currently, the monastery was undergoing major improvements as faith grew and more and more folks gathered to worship with many kind donations coming in which allowed the monastery to expand and add many more temples to worship the Gods. However, the monk placed in charge of the creation of the temples, Fuse Yuu, made a critical error which lead to the anger of a God being placed upon the monastery and its lands.

Kuraokami, a dragon who was the deity of snow and rain was not given a temple for people to worship him. Filled with rage he descended onto the Earth with a mortal body to speak to Fuse Yuu himself.

Arriving at the Shinsei Seinaru Monastary he quickly found Fuse and engaged in a conversation under the ruse of being a fellow monk. However, what started as a friendly conversation quickly took a turn for the worse when Kuraokami questioned about a temple for the “Kuraokami” and Fuse Yuu responded with “Who”.

One word, all it took was one word as Kuraokami lost all sense and descended upon the Earth in his true form. A giant dragon was now circling the town of Karakura. People watched with horror as snow began dropping onto the ground in the middle of the summer. As they all gathered to the monastery to worship the now descended God, Kuraokami let out a roar before a voice appeared within the mind of everyone within the town.

“I have been patient and merciful, giving plenty of rain for your crops to grow and calm winters to ease your guys’ sufferings. However, in return, I was faced with nothing but ungratefulness. Unlike the other Gods, I was not given a temple and was rarely worshiped by you all, even the Monks do not know who I am! And now it is time for you all to pay for your errors!”

After the voice within their heads vanished, snow began falling at an unprecedented pace, within an hour 3 inches of snow covered the lands. There was no spot safe, winds blew the snow everywhere covering every speck of ground with a layer of whiteness. Seeing the horror, the people panicked and dropped onto their knees and prayed! However there was no response… the snow continued to drop and the winds grew harsher.

The people now in fear for their lives stormed the monastery and demanded answers. Fuse Yuu, was now placed in an awful position as those very same kind donors who once looked up to him, looked at him with hatred! Seeing no way to appease them, he tried to withdraw further into the monastery to seek shelter, however, the same Monks who were once his brothers pushed him out to the people to do with him as they pleased.

Instantly the crowd was upon him and beat him to the ground with whatever they could get their hands on. It was only after an hour of beating that they picked up the crippled monk and forced him down onto his knees and screamed out to the heavens to inflict punishment on him and show mercy to the masses.

Surprisingly, Kuraokami showed himself once again and flew down to the ground taking upon himself a mortal form as he stood before Fuse Yuu and the crowd.

“I shall display mercy one more time out of concern for those who did offer me prayers, I will stop the storm for 3 months, within these 3 months, if I am not erected a temple, I will let down a snowstorm to last for years until everyone here has perished!”, as he spoke calmly with no emotion present within his voice, he raised his arm and placed it upon Fuse Yuu’s head freezing him on the spot before vanishing.

The snow did indeed quit falling, and the people began instant construction upon his temple, finishing it within 3 months as they were told to do. From that point on, Kuraokami was prayed to daily for many years as the memories of the harsh punishment played within everyone’s mind.

The Monastery then hid this tale deep within their records to not expose their critical mistake which nearly led to the destruction of Karakura and all those within in. However, Fuse Yuu, was taught to all new monks as an example of a failure and criminal who sinned against the Gods himself.

It is 799 words, I had to cut down the story a lot due to the limit so sorry if it seems lacking.

Demurity

Level 35
Pending
We thank you for applying! Apologies for the wait, but we are currently placing you on pending. If you lose interest in this application, feel free to request its removal.

Demurity

Level 35
Denied
We thank you for applying, however, the team has chosen to deny your application today. Bear in mind as a staff member, however, you are more than welcome to participate in lore discussion and our meetings!

Users who are viewing this thread