Omega+
KARAKURA HOSPITAL APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section
IGN (In-Game Name):

Xaavia

What is your discord username?
Xaavia

Describe your activity on the server:
I'm very active, missing a day every now and then to hang out with my partner or go to LARP events. I'm on from around 9am-11pm give or take depending on my sleep schedule. I'm usually on for the entirety of that time... so a GOOD few hours. I give most of my time to my adult characters, Eris and Primrose, occasionally playing my highschool characters.

What is your timezone?:
AEST

List your current and past applications:
Doctor, denied https://schoolrp.net/threads/xaavia-doctor-application.66532/
Nurse, accepted https://schoolrp.net/threads/xaavias-nurse-application-3.69590/
Shrine Maiden, accepted https://schoolrp.net/threads/xaavias-maiden-application.72475/

List your current roles on the server:
Primrose T. Guerra, Shrine Maiden on alt account
Eris Calderon, Adult
Tsukina Delarosa Sasaki, Occult Club Member, Grade 12
Sol Saenz Calderon, Hebunzu Forun Member, Grade 12

What experiences do you have with roleplay?:
I met all of my current close friends roleplaying back in like, 2012. I've been roleplaying for a very long time, starting on Minecraft, ending up on Discord and now I'm back on Minecraft with SRP. There was a Steam chat and Skype roleplay era somewhere in the middle there... unhinged behavior tbh. I've been active on SRP for over a year now with Eris being my main character up until recently where I've been giving a lot of my time to Primrose. I want to play Eris more like I used to but being a nurse in faculty is AN EXPERIENCE. I also play DnD and LARP so most of my hobbies are roleplay related.

What is your motivation for applying?
I've had an interest in the medical field for as long as I can remember, though I'm unlikely to get a job in it because of my disabilities. I applied for doctor when I was still new-ish to SRP, ending up as a nurse in faculty. I tried to geek out there with my love for first aid and all of that, but nothing but concussions gets very, very old. I would like to actually enjoy studying first aid and health and put it to use with accurate roleplay. My interest is in emergency care, radiology and radiotherapy. I wanted to be a nurse or a paramedic OOC, eventually turning my attention to radiotherapy or mortuary work to accommodate my disabilities being incapable of keeping up with nurse work.

Which role are you applying for?
Doctor

What knowledge do you have of the roles within the Hospital Faction?
Not a lot, I've had very little roleplay with EMS. To my understanding, doctors, paramedics and surgeons handle most of the physical injuries, while psychiatrists tend to mental illnesses ETC. Paramedics tend to go around on patrol or show up to the school if called. Doctors and surgeons stay in the hospital more, tending to cases. Psychiatrists handle appointments via discord and can prescribe medications.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are expected to attend or you will be punished?
Yes!

In-Character (IC) Section
SECTION 1: PERSONAL DETAILS

Character’s Full Name:

Eris Calderon

Character’s Gender and Pronouns:
Nonbinary, They/Them

Character’s Age (if accepted):

Character’s Academic Background:
Grade 12
Bachelor of Nursing
Bachelor of Medical Imaging
Bachelor of Radiation Therapy
Work experience as EN & RN; aged care & emergency

Character’s Nationality:
Japanese

Character’s Marital Status:
Married

Character’s Religious Denomination:
Atheist

Character’s Spoken Languages:
Spanish
JSL

Character Backstory:
bio1.png
bio2.png
bio4.png

SECTION 2: MEDICAL HISTORY
What is your character’s medical speciality? Why did they choose this focus?

Radiology
Eris has had an interest in radiation for a while, merging this with their interest in medicine in radiology and radiotherapy. Fascinated by X-Rays and linear accelerators, Eris decided to specialize in this path. They also have an interest in emergency medicine, having worked in an emergency room briefly and their goal being paramedicine, however most of their studies were in radiology. Despite their interest in radiation being what pulled them into the field, they also became fascinated with MRI machines and other non-radioactive forms of scanning devices.

What medical residencies did your character take after medical school?
Eris became an EN, working in aged care and moved to emergency care once they became an RN. They started their studies on Medical Imaging and Radiation Therapy while working in emergency care, completing most of their studies before moving back to Karakura where they completed their Medical Imaging degree online, working on it part-time with their school nurse job.
Bachelor of Nursing
Bachelor of Medical Imaging
Bachelor of Radiation Therapy

Does your character have any work experience in medical positions?
Eris worked in aged care and emergency care after their studies before their return to Karakura, working as a school nurse. Eris found work as a nurse irritating, having to primarily deal with children and split up fights instead of doing medicine. Their time spent in aged care was grueling, not getting along the best with older people given their alternative appearance and lack of bedside manner. They thrived in emergency care, doing well in a fast-paced, stressful environment, but was bad at working with a team with others and grew irritable that they were merely an assistive role, fascinated with the medicine and wanting to be more involved.

Has your character completed any additional schooling?
Nope!

SECTION 3: CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE
Describe your character; how do they look, what makes them unique? How would they be perceived by others?

Eris was sleepy and disheveled, coming across as pessimistic, unapproachable and irritable. They dressed in a colorful alternative fashion, sacrificing it only when getting dressed for work. Eris' hair was dyed teal and pink, rarely faded or with outgrown roots- the one part of their appearance they actually maintained. Their makeup was messy and uneven, nail polish chipped and ponytails lopsided... but their hair dye was fresh and vibrant. Eris could be hard to get along with at times, coming across as cold or uninterested. They had a weakness for gossip though, becoming immediately friendly and eager for it.
Eris had a few disabilities, one of their primary ones being POTS. They could often be seen sitting on the ground or surfaces like tables, unable to stay on their feet for too long. They would simply stare up at whoever they were talking to from the ground and became annoyed if anyone questioned why they were there. Eris also carried themselves with a strange posture, slinking around in a slouched position most of the time and often walking into doorframes or furniture from their clumsy nature.

View attachment 67077

How does your character act on and off duty?
On duty, Eris could be described as obsessive as they delved into their work, abandoning bedside manner in the journey of helping the patient. Eris was good at what they did, but could definitely be rude at times. They had a soft spot for those who are afraid of needles, empathizing with that from their younger years and becoming softer when dealing with it. Eris was hard to talk to at work unless it was someone they were comfortable with already, seeming to have an expectation in their head that no one wanted to talk to them about anything other than work. If a patient or coworker managed to break Eris with good enough gossip or a sense of humor, Eris could come across as more friendly depending on one's definition of friendly. Eris was prone to making jokes about others in a hushed voice or muttering about their annoyances in foreign languages, either to themselves or friends who spoke the language.
Off duty, Eris was more relaxed as they exited "work mode". Chaotic and a bit more friendly, they would roam the town with their partner or lay on the couch at home eating pizza and drinking wine. They would sew on occasion if movie nights with Ezio didn't call to them, having a setup in the corner of their home. Eris was also a bit fixated on cozy games. spending a lot of time in them when not busy. Eris let their already bad habit of cursing roam free when off duty, at least trying to restrain it a little when at work... if their grumblings to themselves were ignored.

Does your character function better on their own or with others?
Eris functions better on their own unless working with a group they're comfortable with. They fixate and get the job done in silence, zoning out for hours at a time while they power through the task in front of them. Eris is bad at communicating work-related matters at time unless calling for help, becoming too absorbed in their work to remember that they should tell others what they're doing.

What plans does your character have for the future?
Eris' goal in life since they were young was to work in a hospital, a goal they achieved when they had left Karakura to study. Returning to Karakura, a school nurse was the only medical field job they could secure. Looking towards the hospital again, Eris plans for this to be their last job for however long they stick with it. Eris' goal in this field is paramedicine, enjoying the fast-paced, stressful work of saving lives outside of the hospital.
Eris' goals for their future outside of work are only to be happy, wishing their husband out of crime and for their children to remain safe, unaffected by the life their husband lives. Unfortunately, this is not the case, as much as Eris wishes it was. They hope to convince their husband to quit for good one day.

Last edited:

6Pancake

Level 256
Administrator
Hospital Lead
Media Coordinator
6Pancake
6Pancake
Omega+
ACCEPTED

Thank you for taking the time to apply, we hope you are excited to hear that you have been accepted! You will be contacted in regards to setting up your roles shortly.

In order to proceed, you will need to join the Karakura Emergency discord (CLICK HERE) to receive your roles. You will also be contacted over Discord in regards to receiving an introduction to your duties as a Hospital Worker and receiving the necessary equipment to follow through with said duties.

This decision was made as a collective among a group of individuals. rather than a single individual. If you need any further assistance, feel free to privately message me - @6Pancake - via discord and we will solve any inquiries you may have.

Users who are viewing this thread