mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied xan's cool swag epic event team application but the second time

Tarxan

Level 25
(NOTE: Majority of the information in the first half of my application is kept pretty much the same, so if this application and my last one’s first half seem the same-- that’s why.)

IGN: xansder

Explain your activity on the Server: My activity on RPH as a whole is pretty- excessive, to say the least. The amount of time I’ve spent on the SRP server, anyway. In addition to being bound to my home and having little to no schoolwork, I’m able to be consistent with my activity on the SRP server, even if I am idle at times. Even if I do have too much free time on my hands, there’s been a few instances of me having to leave so suddenly due to OOC responsibilities. I’ve got family and pets to attend to, and I’d like to say I can be at the heart of it all at times.
As for the forums and discords, I am very much what one would call a ‘lurker’. Despite my activity on discord itself being pretty much 24/7, I tend to just watch the discords and forums instead of frequently having conversations on those platforms. I reside in the realm of Direct Messages.

What previous experience do you have working in a team?: I previously was on the SRP event team for a short amount of time and I enjoyed working with both the ET and the LT to better understand what goes on with the inner workings of making SRP more interactive! I’ve been very collaborative and converse a lot to the teams during my time as a regular player, as well as being a part of minor projects that require a team effort. I consistently speak with Lore and Event team members, asking about what goes on behind the scenes without having anything revealed of course, so I can have a better understanding of how SRP comes together.
As for outside of RPH, I have plenty of experience. Sports teams, work teams, extracurricular teams… Yes, I have. I understand how important it is to communicate with your team and actively express any thoughts on what they are conveying to the team. It’s also very crucial to make sure all members of your team are actually communicating with each other and that none of them are isolating themselves or are feeling left out.

What makes you different from other applicants?: While at the end of the day, I may be just a regular, passionate player of SchoolRP, I believe that there are a few things that might make my application stand out.
First and foremost, to put it lightly, event planning is 'not my first rodeo'. I was put in charge and hosted the Sports Banquet event that was hosted for high school and college students on teams recently, which I planned along with a friend of mine. I've written out many event documents in the past, relating to different things such as crime events, simple events that could gather the community as a whole, and of course ones such as this. I have also, as the College Swim Captain with the help of my team, hosted monthly parties at the Luxe from the most recent 'Cops and Robbers' party to the Disney themed party. I would say that these parties have been successful, but just to back this claim, I give you my word that MikeShotZ once stated in the OOC chat on the server during a slightly less successful opening that I should host more parties.
Event planning is something I enjoy immensely when it comes to SchoolRP, and I am interested in it not just for myself but for the SchoolRP community as a whole- what a possible document filled with a few plans, ideas, inspiration, and people could do to benefit the lore, entertainment, and community of SchoolRP.
Finally, my activity. I know this is a common answer for this question, and that high activity is expected of any community team member, but I am incredibly active on the server. When I write this application, I would say that my activity on the server on a scale of 1 to 10 is an honest 7. I only go so low because of random OOC occurrences in my life such as suddenly leaving my home, going wifi-less, cooking, etc etc. However, I've been invested in SchoolRP for over a year, and I doubt that my interest and dedication to the server will stop anytime soon, so you can rely on me to be as active as I possibly can be.

Provide a detailed event proposal that would be seen by the Event-Team

BEFORE YOU READ!
I will be listing events in two sections, those sections being events I’ve already done and events I’ve yet to do.
Each of these events are categorized with two tags each to better understand what kind of events they are supposed to be.
FLASH - A flash event is what one would deem as unexpected to the community. Not previously announced within the RPH discords or announced in the server itself. Pretty standard.
PLANNED - The exact opposite of a flash event. To be announced days before the event actually happens. Also pretty standard.
INTERACTIVE - Though all events require the players’ presence, interactive events are considered to be events that require players to actively complete tasks that are broadcasted in the server.
PASSIVE - Passive events are more for just players’ enjoyment and aren’t meant to affect any lore or anything in the SRP world itself.

Other event proposals I’ve written can be found in my previous application, which is linked here: https://schoolrp.net/threads/xans-event-team-application-yo.31218/
https://schoolrp.net/threads/xans-event-team-application-yo.31218/
THE “BEEN THERE”
A category of events that I have already created and executed.
I’ve had the opportunity to participate in a few flash events and essentially be the mind behind them. Not only have I been able to do the sports banquet, but there've been a few flash events that I was able to go through with.

FRATERNITY RAID [ FLASH / PASSIVE ] - A few weeks ago, I was able to plan a flash event involving raiding and trashing the fraternity. It was small, but it turned out well and helped out a bit with the ongoing rivalry between the two male football teams.

TOUKO HACK [ FLASH / INTERACTIVE ] - Previously, going back a few months, I was given the opportunity to construct a touko hack. None of the website was damaged, but a thread was added and was used to sort of… test the waters of Karakura and see what type of people they were for IC means. It was a bit messy due to there being a bit of confusion with discord permissions, but it seemed to have turned out well.

THE “HAVEN’T DONE THAT (YET)”
A category of events that I’ve yet to do but would like to.
It would seem as if event ideas flood into my mind with every new week, as I always seek new story opportunities to bring out and even present to the community at times. If you’re close with me and/or are staff, you know I talk a lot about event ideas I’ve thought about doing. I haven’t had the chance to put them all into the elaborated, organized format I like to put my documents in, but I’d be happy to summarize. I apologize if some of these aren’t explained to the best of my ability, but it takes a lot for me to put together a long proposal because I like to make them as clear as possible. It’s either a summary like this, a glob of text, or a big document about every nook and cranny about the event.

GENDER STUDIES IN KARAKURA [ PLANNED / PASSIVE ] - This event doesn’t really need a big ol’ presentation. It really is just having a short course dedicated to educating Karakura students on sex, gender, and sexuality. I had actually gotten the green light on doing this event but never had the chance to go through with it due to an influx of responsibilities both on SRP and for OOC things.

“INTERCEPTION” [ FLASH / INTERACTIVE & PROGRESSIVE ] - I’d rather not post a lot about this event to be seen publicly, but there is an unfinished document regarding it. If you’d like to see it, simply ask in DM’s! tarxan#0065

TOWN ENTERTAINMENT [ FLASH / PASSIVE ] - Seeing one flash event about a mime had me wishing more little things like that happened. I think with this though, more regular players that are entrusted with properly roleplaying should be involved. Street performers should get attention in a /event and it could be something for players to feel more included with the entirety of the city and feel important.

KARAKURA POTLUCK [ PLANNED / INTERACTIVE ] - I can hear the readers already. “We don’t need any more festivals!” I get it, I really do! But have we ever done a town-wide potluck before? Where everyone in a town of all types of ethnicities and cultures brings in something for the whole town to try? It would be rather easy to execute, too. Simply make an announcement a few days prior with a google forums link included to ask players about their characters and their backgrounds and what kind of food they would contribute to the potluck, and perhaps even include a /me or a few of how it’s made. Once again, this event will include players heavily having them feel significance in the town itself.​

hebwig

Level 111
DENIED

- This application does not provide as much detail as it could. You are a very talented and creative person, and your application is your chance to show the event team what you are capable of doing. Instead of reworking based off of your original application, you moved around a few words and also provided event ideas which have been done before. In addition to this, your history was accounted for and you will not be accepted into the event team.
- If you have any questions, DM heb#0410 over Discord.​

Users who are viewing this thread