mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Xhast420 Shrine Priest Application

Xhast420

Level 8
SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IN-GAME NAME (IGN):

Xhast420, Xhast421 (Alt I'm applying on)

DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Xhast#0609

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
CET

LIST ANY PREVIOUS BANS:
2 bans both made when I was still new to the server I’ve grown a lot since then and I’ve tooken alot of time to read up on the rules. First one was made when I was a greenie because I used an anti-afk bot to grind grades cause I didn’t realize my grades were broken. Second one was for erp cause I was going to jokingly do a /me towards a friend in looc except I forgot to put /looc

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
I would say I’m very active on the server averaging 4+ hours a day. This may vary on weekends if I am doing something that prevents me from getting online or I’m away. Monday-Friday I have school so I am unavailable from 8 am-4 pm but other than that there’s nothing that stops me from being online as much as possible.

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Priest

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
Shintoism is an East-asian religion, originating from Japan. It is seen by it’s practitioners as the indigenous religion of Japan. Shintoism revolves alot around the supernatural entities called Kami who are believed to inhabit all things, including forces of nature and prominent landscape locations. I’m still reading up alot on Shintoism and hope/expect that the role of Shrine priest will give me the chance to learn alot more.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I work really hard when it comes to things I enjoy. Learning about religions, history and folklore are among the top 5 things I know. Right now I am really intrigued by Shintoism and it’s beliefs and I will work countless hours to learn as much as possible.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
Yes I do.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Camiló Misono Lei

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Mr. Lei

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Single

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Russian

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
030-153-5647

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
My motivation for this application is that I’m simply intrigued by the beliefs held by Shintoism. I am an avid practitioner, having a small shrine in my home, but I take every chance I get to go to the shrine when I’m praying. I have an aunt who works at the shrine and she seems like she really enjoys working there so I thought I’d walk in her footsteps as Shintoism is a big part of my life.

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
The shrine was first used as a place of worship for buddhists but eventually Shintoism found its way there. I believe the monastery started construction around 744BC and was finished the winter of 764BC it was built in an area with no human life and lots of nature this was thought to make the monastery more spiritual. The monastery burned down once with only one building surviving that being the shrine itself.

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :

Dear monastery Leads and supervisors,

My name is Camiló Misono Lei, I am an inhabitant of Karakura where your beautiful monastery is located. I am writing this letter to you because I am interested in working for you and helping out around the shrine. During winter I often help shovel the path leading up to your monastery and do my best to mark and/or remove any ice so that people don’t fall on their way up. I am an avid practitioner of the Shinto religion and I want to bring the love I have for it to the other inhabitants of our town.

I humbly await your reply.
-Camiló M. Lei

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Camiló was born in the heart of Moscow to two loving parents, though he did not get the chance to enjoy this love for very long he still carries it with him today. At the age of 8, both of his parents died and he was sent to move with his biological uncle in Karakura, Japan. His uncle would show him around town taking him on a field trip to the shrine once every week. As he grew older his knowledge of the Shinto belief would grow and his practice of it would become more and more frequent. As the years passed his uncle's health would diminish slowly growing worse and worse this was caused to a genetic disease a lot of the members of his family carried. After his uncle's death, his visits to the shrine would stop due to them bringing back painful memories of the person he had held closest. After a lot of thinking and grieving, he would decide to visit the shrine again weekly to pray for himself and his uncle. After he graduated from Karakura High School he would be left without a job so he decided to honor his uncle by seeking work with the belief they shared.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

Shinto Priests and Shinto Maidens have different duties. Shinto Priests are seen as the higher power as they’re spiritually close to the Kami. This means that they’re in charge of taking care of the ceremonies and rituals that take place. Shinto Maidens still carry an important role, they take care of the shrine and make sure it is tidy and presentable this includes gardening, cleaning, and manning any shops that exist within the Shrine. They both serve an important role as they are both taking care of the guests visiting the shrine.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
Before entering the shrine you have to wash your hands to clean your impurities this is seen as purifying yourself, you are expected to wash your hands a 2nd time as well as wash your mouth and then the hand you used to wash your mouth (Most commonly the left hand).

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
There are many ways of performing an offering depending on where you come from and how you practice the Shinto belief. The most common offering is performed by taking an item you want to offer and sticking a piece of Noshi paper to it, after doing so you write the item you are offering as well as your name.

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
The tea ceremony ritual is a big part of Japanese culture. The first part of the ritual will include you getting a set of clean utensils, the tea is prepared in a cauldron over a charcoal fire after that the tea is served out to the guests in bowls and they would sip out of the bowls making sure to slurp. (This is seen as showing your appreciation and enjoyment of the tea.)

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
The Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu are all used for rituals. The Tamagushi is a branch from a sasaki tree with cotton or paper decorations on it. It is formally used at weddings and funerals. Ofuda are paper talismans believed to hold power and fortune, they are said to keep safety and find love. Kagura Suzu is an instrument used in Shintoism it will consist of a stick with 12 bells attached to it. It is used in the Kagura dance often seen at rituals.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
Camiló would worship Izanagi and Izanami due to his love for the beautiful world they created.​

Last edited:

Yume_

Level 86
Community Team
Lore Team
DENIED

Your application to the shrine is appreciated, however, as a team we've come to the decision to deny your app. Next time you apply make sure to give your application more detail. Feel free to reapply in the future!​

Users who are viewing this thread