mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted xNoooodlex's Library assistant application.

lola✮

Level 7
[OOC section]

In Game Name: Irxdxscent_

School Employee Role you are Applying For: School librarian/ Library assistant.

How often do you log onto the server?: Everyday from about 5pm-9pm bst.

Do you have discord? Yes I do, and it is Slothsdobevibin'#2647

Do you have a microphone? Currently I am barely surviving with my laptop’s built in mic, but I have ordered a better mic so by the time you read this I should have a decent mic.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?: nope

Can you ensure that you will often come on: Due to the current wordly situations-yes I
can come on regularly,and even without lockdown happening I should be able to come on daily.

Do you recognise that you can be ICly fired?:Yes I do realise this, I will try my best to not get fired, and I will try to follow any rules that there are.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee: A school librarian is there to be as much help as possible in making a students experience with reading as pleasant as possible, they should be able to help pick out books for the students so they can get the most from their education. A school librarian should also keep track of the library- such as what books get borrowed and returned, They should also have a rough idea of where each book is kept- or at least where the genre of said book is kept so that they can guide students to what they want and so they can put books back afterwards. Another task- and this one is quite important but it is to make sure that no students misbehave in the library and make sure that no school equipment or property is damaged during their visit to the library- for this they need to be stern when needed and be able to communicate to be able to execute the job correctly.The librarian should always stay polite and calm unless trouble is unavoidable.If a student does not return a book after the required time then action should be taken. Students should be expected to follow the guidelines of the library and if they cannot do so then there should be some sort of action done against it ever happening again.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?: I have never had any type of experience with adultrp nor have I ever had a job in the school- or outside of the school. I have only roleplayed as a student but i think it would be really interesting to roleplay in a different perspective.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?: I have roleplayed as a student but my oc- Primrose has schizophrenia- https://schoolrp.net/threads/schizophrenia-application-xnoooodlex.25666/

But I have yet to actually have anything interesting happen to me while roleplaying with it. I have only played on srp for a few months so there are still some things that I don't fully understand but from my short time of roleplaying here I feel like I have improved and I'm always ready for new things to come at me.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it: Although i’m no expert on this job and what it does I think I have a rough idea- The librarian is supposed to be there to help fellow peers, students and the head librarian.They keep the library in order and peace. They should know where books are kept and keep track of when books have been taken in and out of the library

[Situations]

During a workshift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:
I would try to remain calm and professional-but it is also not okay for a student to disrespect a higher up like that so I’d try and calmly talk some sense into them- if things started getting out of hand I would first start off by asking a nearby member of staff/work colleague to help me and if I needed to take things further then I’d ask the vice principal or just the principal and maybe get the students legal guardian called in to deal with the situation as well.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?: First I would respectfully ask the principal if this is the safest thing to do and maybe suggest some other alternatives- if there are however no other options then I’d do the job in a calm and safe way, trying my hardest to not get myself and others hurt. I’d try to carry out the job to the best standards I can and follow any instructions as closely as I can.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?: First I’d call for backup- whether it’d just be another member of staff or just anyone around at the moment that it is happening so that we can delay the other school employee while more backup is coming. While we are waiting I’d try to talk them out of it while trying to not upset them any further. One more help has arrived. I'd let the professionals deal with the situation while still letting them and the other school employee know that if they need any help I'm there for them and that they need only look for me in the library-or give them my number if necessary. However if such actions that the member of staff took caused harm to anyone-even students or was done in front of students I feel like they should be spoken to about it and have some sort of punishment as it is NOT okay for them to do such things and that they should be like a role model to the students.

[IC section]

Applicant Name: P. ‘Primmie’ C. Irvine

Chosen Job: Library assistant/ librarian.

Motivation for Joining KHS: My motivation for joining Karakura high is so that I can make the students education as fulfilling as possible, librarians may not be able to have full control over a students education like a teacher but they have some sort of say in the matter since books are one of the best ways to learn new things and have been for a long long time. I feel like libraries are some of the best places to learn since you have the freedom over what you want to learn, you're not forced into learning a specific subject, it is also going to be quieter than a classroom and I understand that some pupils are not as confident as some others so they may use books as a means to learn instead. I want to make it as nice as possible while they are visiting the library and borrowing a book, I wish to help them find what they need- whether it be a fictional or non-fictional book, as long as it sparks their interest

Age (Minimum age is 25): 25

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?: I feel like I should be accepted over the other applicants because I actually have a knowledge of what this job means, and I have the temperament to deal with other students or colleagues without losing my cool.Like most people I do sometimes lack motivation but when I have passion in something I will go hard at it until I achieve my goal. I would like to think that I have good teamwork skills so I can work with other peers and also correct them or myself when something goes wrong but in a professional manner. I also may not be the most organised but I will try my hardest to make the library a place of learning and peace- that is if I do get accepted.

Thanks for reading <3

Last edited:

suneaterchan

Level 105
Thank you for applying!
══════════════════

Fortunately enough, your application has been ACCEPTED! It's up to par with what I look for in applications & I'm willing to allow you a chance at this role.

╔══════════════╗

- DM Sun#0040 over Discord for further information.

- Please ensure you're in the Academics Discord! (https://discord.gg/GwsrKyn)

╚══════════════╝

Users who are viewing this thread