OOC (Out-Of-Character) Information:

What is your In-Game-Name (IGN)?:

xScruby
Do you have Discord and a microphone? If so, what is your username?:
Yes! scrubby#8576
List your timezone and country:
GMT/BST United Kingdom.
Describe your activity:
My activity on the server is quite high! I of course have an education to attend to so that will take up most of my time however, during most evenings and weekends i will find the time to play. The amount of time i can play honestly depends on how much work from college i have going on or how little, but i at least manage to fit in an hour of playtime into my days.
Do you have any previous bans? If so, list them below:
I do not have any previous bans on the server.
Link any significant applications (e.g., Roles/Teams, exclude languages):
N/A
What is your motivation to apply for reporter?:
My motivation to apply for the position of a reporter breaks down into two sections: My enjoyment for writing, a new side of role-play. The first bit of course being my enjoyment for writing! I've just always had a thing for writing, whether that being creative writing, making reports and leaflets for previous school projects and then writing in my free time. With that i'd developed a skill for writing and come to love it. Secondly, i wanted to try about the role of a reporter as it is something completely new for me to have a go at on the server! I'm all for criticism and ways to improve on how i do with my writing and well, especially when it comes to the side of role-play, it is just all completely new and fun to try out.
Do you have any experience with writing? What is your relationship with writing?:
I have had experience with writing for most of my life really, whether that being through school and creating pieces for projects or even making short stories in my free time. The main thing being that I can write sufficiently and effectively to get points across. Of course with me applying for the role of a reporter, I will mainly begin to focus on future ideas for reports and creating them, layouts and so on for myself. I've had ups and downs with writing on a whole where sometimes i go completely blank and cant even be as creative as i usually am or turning out to come up with rather creative ideas.
Are you aware of - and will follow - the set of rules provided to you?:
Yes!
Why should we accept you over others?:
I personally believe you should accept me over others because even though I have my education going on, I will put in as much effort as I can all whilst still managing to find the time to be active within the server and its community. Motivation to carry on with doing the reports wouldn't even become an issue as it's something i enjoy doing, I like the creativity behind it all and then of course writing and improving each time.
Do you understand you have to stay completely neutral with all reports? (Your report can't have any OOC or IC bias towards a specific group.)
Yes
Do you trust that you will be able to stay active and complete the monthly quota?:
Yes
Summarise what you imagine work as a reporter is:
Work as a reporter seems to consist of writing detailed, fun and easy to read reports on relevant topics from around the times. Something they may also do is bring forgotten topics back to the surface to get a better and newer view on the topic itself. Including interviews with people seems like a must do for a reporter as it is what can make the report worth its while. Another thing is that a reporter may focus on keeping their interviews concise and interesting for those listening of reading along the subtitles.

IC (In-Character) Information:
Treat this section like it is your own character answering it

Full Name:
Akira Yokuto-Hatake
Preferred Name/Nickname and Title (e.g., Ms, Mr)
Mr. Hatake
Current Age (25+):
Past job/work experience:
My past work experience comes from working with the local newspaper firm in my home country of England. And then as for general work, unrelated to the work of a reporter, I work a nine to five shift in a gift store.
Degree/qualifications:
Major in Communication and Business,
Minor in Japanese.
Nationality and born location:
British, England.
Phone Number:
030-757-8724

How would you describe yourself in under 150 words?:
I'd call myself professional to some degree, being put under a strict household ruling from such a young age took its toll on me and turned me into a respectful, confident man. May I also add that i think i'm very much approachable and friendly, even though others say i seem intimidating. But hey, i'm allowed my own opinion of myself right?!
What are you interested in writing about? How will you achieve this, and would you consider going out of your comfort zone?:
I've been doing nothing but going out of my comfort zone since moving into the town of Karakura. I'm all round interested in what this job may bring to me, how it may improve me as a person and of course how it can change my views on topics when speaking to others about it all! I'm interested in writing a lot about nature, jobs and housing within the town, those type of topics have always peaked my interest!
What are your expectations for the job?:
Work and effort for a start. Being a reporter isn't no walk in the park as others may think or interpret it as. Since you have to be wise with how you write your reports and how you take your interviews with people it really becomes a challenge when trying to peak peoples interest and keeping them hooked on a story. I expect this job to put my skills for writing to the test and to also take me out of my comfort zone which i'm more than aware that it shall.
Do you have a criminal record? If so, list the crimes below:
I do not.

PROMPTS:

You will have to write two ‘reports’ about a topic of your choice. Here we can see how pronounced your writing is and how creative you are. Use your own formatting and your own report idea. (If you’re found plagiarizing an actual report or another applicant, you will be denied.)

#1 - General report. Report about a topic, informing player’s about an event or significant issues to Karakura.
Gangs in Karakura.
I'm sure you are well aware of the growing issues of crime and violence revolving and constantly going on within Karakura. Well, today we'll talk on it! So what exactly do they try to achieve with pulling such devastating acts on Karakura citizens? Some simply say its a 'A way of life.' whilst others say its 'Simply born with them.' Either way it is an utter disgrace to see it go on so much. Take the power plant for example! It is completely riddled with serial killers, teenagers and explorers.
[!] A photo of the tunnel next to the power plant with a truck set alight inside of it.

Take this for an example! Those criminals that walk freely on the streets of Karakura may have been responsible for this. It truly is horrible to see such things happen to the town, god knows how long it has been left like that.

[!] A close up photo of a blood spillage on the car park of the power plant.

The worst part about it all is that it doesn't get cleared up. Its horrendous and poorly thought out about. Now people may argue that yes, the power plant is abandoned but what exactly is stopping the towns government and council from cleaning up these messes? Linking back to my first point, if you weren't already self aware of the crime in Karakura.
Are you now?

#2 - Interview. It’s important to have well-rounded questions. Create your own interview with ten questions or more. And answer them yourself.

[!] The sound of a subtle static noise began. A recording device was in the process of being used. [!]

Akira Yokuto - A.Y
Annabell Sturm - A.S

A.Y "So! First things first, what is your name and what do you do for work here?"
A.S "My name is Annabell Sturm, though I mainly go by Sturm. .and well, recently I have become to Mayor of Karakura."
A.Y "Ah-ha! The Mayor, what an interesting role. Care to speak on what you may do as the newly elected Mayor? And any plans you have in store for Karakura?"
A.S "Well the job of mayor is quite versatile. The higher ups and I discuss implementation of laws, hold meetings on how to better Karakura's situation. I oversee most of the factions, so KPD, EMS and so on. Make sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to. . so just making sure of the general welfare of the citizens. My job is to think and execute laws and events that I believe would benefit the people who live in this town. My plans currently are to better the housing crisis and naturally the crime rates."
[!] A small sound of a coffee machine would begin in the background, slowly dying out after a minute or two. [!]
A.Y "Interesting.. So, something a bit more personal which you're more than welcome to not answer. However, what is the pay like for a Mayor and other government workers? For those that are aspiring to become apart of the faction. And going back to the laws, do you plan to implement any new laws for Karakura? Or maybe even the thought of making campaigns to try and decrease the amount of crime that goes on? Ever thought on it?"
A.S " My own pay, is very generous. .so is that of the other Government workers, but I feel it is not my place to comment. I know how some would. .react. Currently, I find the laws are sufficient. But, of course. If people have any ideas on improvement, my ears are open. Karakura's Government is still young, so opinions and ideas are always appreciated. With. .crime here. A campaign would be great, but from personal experience will lead to nothing. We can offer ways for a person to take a new path in life, but. Most people seem dead set on their current situation."
A.Y "Had you ever thought about doing something with the notorious place, Powerplant? Its the criminal hotspot and surely it could decrease criminal activity if it were to be turned into something else such as a restaurant, block of apartments. Or even just being closed off. What would your thoughts be on the idea of that and entirely getting rid of the power plant?"
A.S "Pretty good questions you got here kid- but, well. Now, the powerplant isn't the prettiest place. But, you used a lovely word. Hotspot. It is a known location for crime, meaning. It's an integral part of patrols and so on for the KPD. Closing it off, would only mean people would want to go there more often. And destroying or shutting it down. Means criminals would scatter around town. So, what's better. A prime location, where criminals meet, easily controlled. Or separate locations, in each corner of Karakura?"
A.Y "I totally agree, having a criminal hotspot is much better than having multiple areas around Karakura. You spoke on the KPD patrols, do you think it would be a good idea to have them include the forest on their routes? If i recall, i barely remember seeing any KPD officers patrol the forest unless there is a call about an issue there. As the mayor, are you able to change their patrol routes or at least offer it up to the KPD commissioner? I apologise if i am intruding too much on the topic however i am quite interested and curious about these things!"
A.S "I'm not too well-versed on the patrolling routes the KPD take, but I am ninety-nine percent sure that the patrols do include the woods. I can talk to the Commissioner and ask about it- And never apologise about curiosity kid. Our interests are fundamental for life."

A.Y "I see, I was infact trying to get an interview with the Commissioner earlier! He wasn't around when I went to ask for him sadly. However, one last question and then i'll be out of your hair. If you could have changed your career path, what would you do instead of being the Mayor?"
[!] A faint chuckle from Sturm could be heard over the recording [!]
A.S "Well, when i was younger I wanted to be a hair dresser. . Silly little dream of mine. But yeah, probably that."
A.Y "Got ya! Well, that was all for today! Thank you for your time, Sturm."
A.S "No worries."
[!] The static sound would reoccur as they both fell silent. Faint fiddling would be heard as the device was switched off and stopped. [!]

Last edited:

Aania

Level 166
Administrator
News Lead
Aania
Aania
Omega+
deniedapplications.png

After careful discussion with the other faction members, we have chosen to deny you:​
  • Another application stood out more, we appreciate your application, and you can apply again anytime!​

Users who are viewing this thread