players online

yarimachi - college council application

isa.

Level 5

GENERAL INFORMATION

What is your Minecraft Username?:

yarimachi ♥

Past warns/kicks/bans?:

No bans have been administered by staff for any of my accounts. There have been a few minor warns and kicks for tag changes. ✌

What is your timezone?:

EST (Eastern Standard Time) ⌚

Do you have Discord (if so, what is your Discord tag)?:

uyj#1637 ★

Link(s) to all past and present applications on the server? (Approved, Denied & Pending):

https://schoolrp.net/threads/super-cool-korean-application.37045/ (approved) ✔

https://schoolrp.net/threads/malagasy-language-application.27067/ (approved) ✔

https://schoolrp.net/threads/hawaiian-app.25095/ (approved) ✔

https://schoolrp.net/threads/korean-app.25094/ (approved) ✔

https://schoolrp.net/threads/college-application.23043/ (approved) ✔

https://schoolrp.net/threads/french-language-application.21680/ (approved) ✔

https://schoolrp.net/threads/jyubams-korean-language-application.20407/ (approved) ✔

Describe your activity on the server?:

I have joined the server during Thanksgiving break in 2019. After settling in with the community for a couple of months, my first major contribution to SRP was joining an old verified gang called the "Red Sector Project", run by a long time user known as Miles who was a part of the SRP staff. This group advocated for changing the platform of GangRP as a whole for the best of the SRP community, standing as a principle example of immersive writing and engaging role-play. Together we were individuals that encompassed moral equity and exhibited respect not only towards SRP players, but to ourselves and people in society. After working with RSP and Miles for many months, it was time to branch out to other opportunities that the server provided for its abundance of players. I myself and a few other close friends decided to establish an SRP tailoring company that went by the name of Blossom Tailoring, which proved to be financially successful because we managed to purchase the fifteen million priced tower located on the map. It is quite empty in present time, but the "Clean Towers" was a significant accomplishment nevertheless. Blossom Tailoring came to an end after tailors grew inactive, but there was far more to explore in this new engaging world of role-play. Enjoying my time with the business aspect of SRP lead to my interest in applying to jobs such as The Luxe. Working with Senior Admin MikeShotZ was truly a blessing as it allowed me to meet new players in the community, as well as get the bag. I also applied for clubs such as the Kendo Club, which gave me the same joy of communicating with other people, and I got to wack people with sticks. Moving on, the first experience I had with sports teams on the server was trying out for the original College Basketball team, which I managed to make through hard work and determination. Perhaps, this was the moment in which I had solicited myself into the sports community on SRP. I was going to be given the captain role for College Basketball, but unfortunately it did not work out, so the entirety of the team got disbanded. Through losing multiple items due to glitches and losing my chance as a captain on a team that I genuinely appreciated, I assumed it was time to take a break from this beloved server. However, my good friend persuaded me into trying out for the revamped College Football team, and together we managed to make it onto the team to our surprise. Previously, I had mentioned that I was more or less known in the sports community, which may be true because my activity on the College Basketball team aided their decision to pick me up for the new roster of Karakura Jocks. Being on such an influential team meant that I had to participate in countless events for the server including Fraternity parties and even collaborations with YouTubers. On my alt, I tried out for the High school Basketball team, and made it on thanks to my experiences with the College Basketball team. Overall, the plethora of activities that I have partaken in on SRP have showed me the brilliance of this player run server, even creating solid friendships along the way. There are plenty of other special moments that I could list, but for the sake of time, I will conclude this portion of the application here. ✍

Are you aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council?:

I am completely aware that inactivity for more than 15 days without an inactivity log will result in removal from the council. I have participated in several gangs, clubs, and sports teams in the past, so this is not new to me. Furthermore, I do my best to organize my schedule to avoid missing out on important meetings or dates. You all can be rest assured. I know the consequences and the people that will chew me out for not showing activity. ¯\_( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡ᵔ)_/¯

TRIVIA QUESTIONS

What is the student council?:

A student council is a select group of students that strive to be an exemplary model for the rest of the students. The student council usually consists of a president, a vice-President, a treasurer, a secretary, and additional regular members. Together in unity they work to promote good for the entirety of the school, organize awe-inspiring school related events, and assist students in their education along the way. Furthermore, individuals from the council enforce school regulations to ensure the safety of all students on campus. The student council acts as the school's foundation, and without such a fundamental piece, there would be no balance, no organization, minimal events, lack of safety, and insufficient fundraising. Council members should be proud of holding onto such a significant role. An influential figure once said, “Look at student council man, so inspirational”. ♛

Who or what brought you to apply for the student council? (e.g. a friend, colleague, etc):

A friend who had recently applied to high school student council informed me about available spots on the college student council. The thought of applying to council had never crossed my mind in the past because at the time I was indulged in other groups such as sports teams. However, due to the nature of one of my current characters on the server, I believe the student council would fit his overall character so well. Many of my OOCly friends are already in High school and College councils, thus I have heard a lot of good things about this group. Furthermore, I have worked in student council outside SRP, so my thorough experience can carry over to the role-play and inner workings of the group. SRP is a wonderful platform that enables creative writers to illustrate their abilities in a less stressful environment as well as make significant improvements on their linguistic skills. Joining the student council can undoubtedly elevate my experience on this server to a whole new level, and perhaps, involving myself with this group will fill me with even more motivation to continue role-playing on this server. Shout out to all the homies. ♚

What does the school council of Karakura do?:

Like all student councils, the school council of Karakura acts no different. Individuals of the council are expected to act as a model student to show others how to act in a school environment, as well as keep students from acting out of line by enforcing school regulations and keeping them safe. Council members can patrol school grounds during passing time to ensure that students are following the rules and are attending class when necessary. Council members must also attend class themselves. It is their job to help answer any questions that a student may have, including directions to a class, information regarding future events, as well as assist staff members when they ask for assistance. The student council must remember to maintain a compelling reputation in order to be the inspiration for all students on campus. Otherwise, the school would fall apart with no foundation to glue everyone and everything together. The future of education in Karakura depends on every single member of the school council. Lastly, all of these characteristics should carry over to OOCly as well because one should still be kind, respectful, and help others in the community. The college council of Karakura is the shining light of the Karakura Community College both ICly and OOCly. ✉

How would you describe your work ethic?:

When it comes to work ethic, being a member of several sports teams, participating in several clubs and jobs, receiving good grades across most subjects, all of which happens ICly and OOCly, should elucidate that I am a hardworking individual that takes work seriously. I consider myself to be someone that strives to do their best no matter how difficult the challenge or situation at hand may be, along with someone who communicates well with others. To be more specific, when I am focused and determined to accomplish a goal, such as writing this application, I find myself immersed completely. These characteristics have gotten many of my applications accepted in the past, and those who have accepted me were grateful that my claims to having a strong work ethic was true. However, they also know that I take my personal life seriously, and will prioritize family, school, and health first. Nevertheless, I will consistently do my best to work hard for the council and the community. ✦

What interests you the most about the student council?:

The student council as a whole is intriguing because it is one group dynamic that I have never been apart of and seeing how this type of role-play could add to the character development of one of my characters really puts the cherry on top. This character in particular has been in the student council already in their own lore, so they would most definitely be interested in the Karakura student council. Again, the idea of heavy influence on other students and school related activities are rather enticing, but moreover, getting the chance to do something for the SRP community again is almost as appetizing as Jaeyla's cooking. Seriously, it always looks bussin, bussin. Gotta learn how to cook.

Do you have experience in role-playing (if so, summarize your experience)?:

Most of my experience in role-playing has been mentioned above in the activity portion of the application, but I can say that I have had a few years of genuine role-play experience so far in my life. These experiences range from other Minecraft role-play servers outside SRP to discord role-play servers, although much of my experience with role-play stems from SRP itself. I have gone through various types of RP such as GangRP, SportsRP, JockRP, FantasyRP, and much more, which already makes me a versatile role player; my DetailRP is always fluid with powerful diction and sentences are never stale. Furthermore, when there is a topic in RP that I am not familiar with, I tend to do additional research to get a better grasp of how to RP out certain scenarios when necessary. However, I do think that there still is an opportunity to expand my current knowledge regarding role-playing, so that is another modest reason provided to the reader for writing this application. ♫

SCENARIOS

You are on the student council and a member submits an awful idea. What do you do?:

Say our friend submits an idea that might not be the best of ideas, it is our job as council members to respectfully listen to their voice before giving any input at all. Only after they have finished submitting their idea do we explain to them why that idea might not be suitable for the time being, and perhaps, offer the group an alternative solution in the most respectful manner possible, so everyone can benefit from this experience instead of bringing each other down. But hey! If we all become good friends, why not have a good laugh about it? Respectfully of course…

In a situation where you propose an idea, and everyone else dislikes it. How would you go about this?:

Now I highly doubt I would propose a “bad” idea, so such a situation is unlikely! Obviously that was a joke, nobody is perfect, and it is our job to understand when we are wrong. “With great power comes great responsibility”, said Uncle Ben. I personally want my friends to be honest with me when I am not giving my best effort or not contributing enough, so that I can fix the issue and work harder to not make that mistake in the future. If I propose a “bad” idea and everyone else dislikes it, I am content with that reaction because there lies an opportunity to grow from every failure. I will stay mature, calm, and simply move on because anger will only lead to destruction. We are not competing against one another, this is a team effort, and everyone will experience some type of failure; it is our duty to have each other's backs when failure attempts to crush them. ¯\_( ͡ᵔ ⏥ ͡ᵔ)_/¯

There is a split decision on an idea. The councilors begin to debate if the idea should be accepted. As time goes on, the debate turns into an argument! How do you handle the situation?:

My first reaction is to stop the argument quickly in a composed, yet assertive manner because it is a waste of time and negative energy only burns us to the ground. Remaining in a state of composure is the singular way we can let go and move on. Hopefully, along with the other council members, we can get the arguing councilors to settle down and then help them reflect upon the argument at hand. After the situation has been successfully calmed down, together as one we propose a middle ground or find a plausible solution to any of the disagreements amongst the council members. Civilized discussion is key. ☮

A councilor is stirring up problems and bullying students on school grounds! What would you do?:

Now this is something that nobody should do, but if the situation ever occurs, I would immediately get them to cease any bullying of students, have them apologize, and threaten to report them to the council president or any other higher up. Depending on the situation, obviously the best option is to solve the problem peacefully through words, but if it gets out of hand, then school staff will be involved. I would hold the aggressor accountable, ensuring that they do not leave the scene until they agree to own up to their misdemeanors or help arrives. Screenshots will be required. ⚔

The council president says something you completely disagree with, how would you combat this?:

Generally, if I am the only person to disagree with their decision, then I will let it slide. However, if it is multiple members that seem to disagree with the commentary, I will respectfully explain to the council president my understanding of their point of view before moving on with my own explanation to why I or we as a group may disagree. Now I am all for jokes, but if they combat my words with hateful or blatantly disrespectful comments, then I will make sure that they understand why they are wrong. Politely of course… ☹

There’s a staggering amount of tension/drama between two councilors. It’s beginning to affect their work ethic; how would you try to help?:

This question is similar to the one about dealing with councilors that are arguing with each other, so my only goal in mind once again is to do my best to help both sides come to a mutual respect for one another. I can kindly ask them to keep it to themselves, so it does not interfere with our work, but at the same time make sure that they are doing alright with small acts of sympathy and kindness on the side. The first person I would go to is the council president, but if it truly does get out of hand, it may be necessary to get SRP staff involved. I will not let drama hinder the progress and wellbeing of others. Furthermore, in no means am I going to directly involve myself with the drama because I could potentially make the situation turn into something worse. ¯\_( ͠~ ⏥ ͡°)_/¯

There’s a school faculty member abusing their power on school grounds! What do you do?:

Again, another similar question with a similar answer. I will get them to stop such abuse and thoroughly explain to them what they are doing is wrong. Once that task is accomplished, I will get the higher ups involved to deal with the matter if necessary. Screenshots will be required. ღ

Your friend has been given detention and has asked you to get them out of trouble. What do you do?:

“You really got caught in 4k and expect me to let out out? Nah, you on your own buddy.” Something along those lines. There is just no way they are getting out of detention on my watch. ✘

IN-CHARACTER PERSPECTIVE QUESTIONS

Character Name:

Marvel Grace.

Character Gender:

Male.

Character Age:

Character phone-number:

608-211-035.

Brief summary of how they act- your character’s personality:

Marvel wants nothing less than prosperity and a secure position at the top of society. Those who get to know him personally can only come to respect his dedication to success, and often compliment him for his overly cordial attitude towards other people. On the outside, they see an inspiring and intelligent young man that pushes himself to turn every single one of his dreams into lasting realities. Furthermore, Marvel’s elegance and formalities establish him as a compelling character, one could even describe him as ethereal. However, what they do not know is that Marvel is the complete opposite of a commendable person; in fact, he is a methodical and manipulative character on the inside. Marvel will do anything in his power to make himself look innocent and will always put up a front to protect his true identity and motives from being revealed. His close friends are mostly unsuspecting of his pretentious schemes, but perhaps a few of them are observant enough to be suspicious of his deceitful behavior. He does show authentic empathy time to time.

Note: Now I understand that this type of character working in council may be a controversial topic, but please hear me out. Marvel’s true egocentric personality will never be revealed ICly unless I myself allow it, nor will it ever affect the council reputation or the inner workings of the council. As a sort of formal promise: I will never allow Marvel to manipulate anyone if it goes against the council code, and if any instances of misdemeanor ICly or OOCly should be reported, I will gladly step down from my position. I am being completely honest with his character because I think he will be a good fit for the group dynamic, so please disregard his negative traits for RP purposes. I have RPed with this character for quite some time on the Spartan football team, as well as researched other manipulative/egotistical characters, so I know how to deal with these type of personality tropes without it becoming a significant problem. Remember, I am confident that this character can bring good for the student council in terms of RP and entertainment. Students and members of staff will only recognize him as the “intelligent young man that aspires to do his best in school”. Again, I would never do anything to hinder the progress or reputation made by other members. Seriously, I am down for discussion any time if it is necessary. ¯\_( ͠ಥ ⏥ ͡ಥ)_/¯

Character appearance/attire:

Marvel generally can be seen standing at a height of 6’3 with straight posture and a calm smile plastered on his face. He has soft, medium length hair with waves formed luxuriously in a delicate fashion. He often chooses to style his light brown hair into a middle part undercut for an elegant and timeless look. Although Marvel is Eurasian, his face resembles more closely to that of a younger Asian man: sharp facial features that bring out a natural “V” shaped jawline, straight dark brown eyebrows, an alluring pair of hazel green, almond shaped eyes, a turned-up nose, delicate thin lips and fair skin. Marvel is well-built and smells of a light fragrance called Luna Rossa, which gives off a charismatic vibe to match his overall demeanor. He also has a noticeable scar on his right shoulder where he got slashed during an encounter with several gang members in South Korea, contradictory to his otherwise charming demeanor. Marvel’s wardrobe ranges from casual clothes to formal clothing, depending on his mood.

What separates you from other applicants seeking your position?:

“Hello, as many of you know, my name is Marvel Grace. I have heard about this position from a close friend of mine when I moved to this town not too long ago. I will tell you what separates me from these other applicants; my influence, my compelling character, along with my relentless determination to accomplish my goals. Throughout my years of receiving an exceptional education in one of the top international private schools of Seoul, South Korea, I have become the president of my own planetary science club, selected as team captain for the varsity basketball team, received top grades, and most importantly, participated in the student council of Wright School Seoul. My thorough experience with student council in Korea should prove to be useful if you consider taking me in to join the Karakura college council. I can make a promise that together in unity, we will present a promising future for all of our students, establish the foundation that makes Karakura education so great, and secure our respect as a top school in all of Japan! I do hope that you listen to my words, and soon we may meet to change every single one of our dreams into reality. Kind regards to anyone that reads this letter and I bid you farewell.”

Why do you want this position?:

“I want this position because I truly believe that I can make a change for the Karakura community. Long after I set foot on this land, I fell in love with the culture, the people, and everything in between. I want to ensure that our school’s funding is top-notch, I want our school events to be exhilarating and have a significance on our students, and lastly, I want to keep my promise that our students will live a bright, successful life.”

What interests you the most about student council?:

“The student council is an environment full of interesting individuals and collective interests. I appreciate communicating with others and learning about their own lives. I want to make my stay at Karakura, Japan worthwhile before I go on my separate own path.”

What could you contribute to make the school a safe and fun environment?:

“I will make sure to enforce school regulations to keep students and school staff alike safe, as well as assist them when it is necessary. I have a few exciting ideas in mind regarding fun events for the school including, water and field related activities. I have many friends at the school that have come to me in hopes of sharing their voices regarding issues that Karakura has as of now, so being apart of the council could help their voices be heard.”

Tippie

Level 169
Senior Admin
College Sports Lead
Event Coordinator
Tippieeeeeeee
Tippieeeeeeee
Fundraiser+
Accepted
Congratulations! After both the council presidents and I have reviewed your application we decided to accept it!
To get your roles on the Karakura Academics discord applied ping @Tippie#6666 in #help, for the roles in-game you can either DM me or paste the link of this application in /help. Welcome to the student council!

Users who are viewing this thread