Notable

KARAKURA POLICE DEPARTMENT POLICE OFFICER APPLICATION

Out-Of-Character (OOC) Section

IGN (In-Game Name):
ycty

Discord Name & Tag:
ycty#4918

Previous bans:
I have been banned once for both trolling and hacking. I DMed the Admin who banned me and got the hacking portion of my banned removed. I then appealed for my ban and got accepted which lead to me getting my banned shortened to just 3 days.
More info on this, I was on my bird account (which has transformed into this account), and I would lift players up before flying up and dropping them down which lead to them dying. I seriously regret this and was just having fun at the time but didn't realize that it would possibly cause an inconvenience to other players.

Describe your activity on the server: I, myself, would say that I am very active within the SRP community. I spend up to at least 2-5 hours each day and most would probably say that I am highly active on this server. Most of the time, I just hang out with my friends, go to shops, and just joke around. I also used to GangRP but due to it getting very repetitive, I have decided to quit GangRP and move on to bigger and better things.
To expand on this, I have been in a gang called Kamaitachi for over a month now but have since left due to the fact that I have quit GangRPing. I feel that GangRP isn't really for me and, as stated above, it is very repetitive which lead to my decision to ultimately quit.
I plan on expanding my server playtime should I be accepted onto the KPD faction to playing for at least 8 to 10 hours each day. It is summer, so I have a lot of free time on my hands but once school begins again, my playtime may drastically go down but I will play for a good amount after school.

I understand that my history with GangRP may impact the result of my application. I would like to let you know that I have fully moved passed GangRP and I do not fully enjoy it as I used to. I have only quit for 1 month, but I have loved roleplaying with my friends on the server without the aspect of GangRPing with them. With that being said, I hope you take this into consideration.

Which time zone are you in?: I am currently in the EST timezone. Though, I can cover most timezones if needed.

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

DENIED

ACCEPTED

What is your motivation for applying?:
My motivation for applying begins with my love for the KPD faction. I have viewed the KPD and how they move, what they do, and how they work for the past few months of playing on this server. I believe that they work as if they were family and I adore that. My friend is also in the KPD faction as a Patrol Officer I believe. She has told me that the faction is tons of fun which leads to me wanting to join. I believe that this faction is the best in SRP and I genuinely love the idea of protecting the citizens of Karakura.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?

After studying the police movements for a few months, I have compiled some data and this is what I have come up with.

What are the police ranks?: The police ranks are as follows:

Police Cadet - The police cadet is the very first rank you will be placed in once you are accepted into the KPD faction. This means that you have submitted an excellent application and the KPD higher-ups have reviewed your application and accepted it.

What does the Police Cadet do? - The Police Cadet will go through extensive training about their role. These pieces of training will include topics that will be needed in the future to move onto the next rank. These are called Informational and Physical pieces of training. At this rank, the Cadet can only sit behind the desk. This means the Cadet can do things such as letting citizens bail friends out, filing restraining orders, and also filing missing person reports. These are just to name a few but Cadets can do a lot behind the desk. After the Cadet is done with their training, the Cadets will then take an exam. I believe that it is worth noting that the Cadets cannot attend high-risk situations where an officer is in danger. Officers of a higher rank will have to attend to these situations. After the Cadet rank, they will then move on to the next rank.

Patrol Officer - The Patrol Officer is the rank you will receive once you complete and pass your exam.
What does the Patrol Officer do? - Once you receive this rank, you are now able to go on patrols by yourself and will not have to be supervised by an officer of a higher rank. You will also be able to go off duty in this rank. You will then move on to the next rank.

Detective Constable - This is also referred to as the Trainee Detective and will be given to you once you complete the Patrol Officer rank.

What does the Detective Constable/Trainee Detective do? - This rank is very similar to the Cadet rank. You will be learning about gun safety, how to interrogate citizens and possibly criminals, and lots more. You will also be doing an exam at the end, just like the Cadet does.

Police Corporal - The Police Corporal is the rank that comes after the Detective Constable and will be given once you complete the Detective Constable rank.

What does the Police Corporal do? - This rank is now allowed to train the Police Cadets and will receive a crowbar along with Pepper Spray. I will explain the Pepper Spray down below. You can now choose to be a Physical/Informational Trainer. Once you complete this, you will then move on to the next rank.

Detective Inspector - This rank is given once you complete the Police Corporal rank. You will be given a highly powerful pistol known as the Glock-17 along with a vehicle called The Police Cruiser. This will make it easier for you to patrol around and you can now find moving suspects and a stronger way to protect yourself from any danger. Once you complete this, you will then move on to the next rank.

Police Sergeant - The Police Sergeant is still not considered a higher-up. They are expected to be good leaders in the KPD faction and are going to be highly watched by the Higher-Ups in the KPD faction. You will also receive the Police Bike along with the privilege to rent a Glock-17 twice a month as long as a Higher-Up agrees. Once you complete this, you will then move on to the next rank.

Police Chief Inspector - This rank is also expected to be good a good leader in the KPD faction. You are also now considered to be a Higher-Up in the faction. Once you complete this, you will then move on to the next rank.

Police Lieutenant - This rank gives the Cadets their exams and very first introductions to the KPD faction. They also have access to the Police Cruiser and are also considered Higher-Ups. Once you complete this, you will then move on to the next rank.

Police Superintendant - This rank will be the oversees of all the detectives in the station. They are also known as the chief detectives. This is the highest rank in the detective division.

Police Captain - This is the second highest rank in the KPD faction. You get access to everything such as a taser, Glock-17, Police Cruiser, Bike, and Pepper Spray. Now, the final rank.

Police Commissioner - The Police Commissioner is the highest rank in the KPD faction. They are in charge of accepting and denying applications once someone applies for the KPD faction.

What else do the police do?
Believe it or not, there are tons more that come to the police force other than the ranks. Police will be going on patrols around the city, searching individuals who choose to wear a mask, they will fine the citizens who fail to possess IDs, or smoke cigarettes while being underage, just to name a few.
Police will also check CCTV footage if there is a fight that starts and each person is giving a different story, though this isn't always the case. Cameras are in areas such as the plaza, apartment complexes, and other areas as well. Cameras have a 30-block distance and can see anything in that range.
The Higher-Ups will be training new Cadets as that is their main job once a new batch of Cadets comes into the station.
They will also be doing things such as checking fingerprints, making DNA tests, interrogating suspects and witnesses, and filing reports and restraining orders just to name a few.

What do the police carry?

GLOCK 17 - A Glock-17 is a high-powered handgun used by KPD Officers above the Police Sergeant rank.

BREATHALYZER - A breathalyzer is used to determine if an individual is currently under the influence. Officers will put the breathalyzer into the individual's mouth. The individual will then blow onto the device.

HANDCUFFS - Handcuffs are used to place an individual under arrest or to detain them for further questioning. An Officer will interlock each cuff onto an individual's arms, making it so they cannot move their hands and resist.

BATON - A baton is used to punish an individual. It is a long object made of steel.

CROWBAR - A crowbar is used to forcefully open an individual's door to their apartment or house.

X26 TAZER - This is used to stun an individual for 120 seconds.

POLICE RADIO
- A police radio is used to easily communicate with other Officers.

PEPPER SPRAY
- Pepper spray is used to blind an individual for 120 seconds. This can also hurt the individual and cause a burning sensation.

RIOT GEAR - Riot Gear gives an Officer an extra magazine in their Glock-17. It also hides the Officer's identity unless the Officer is knocked out.

THE REST OF THE ITEMS ARE TO BE ITEM-RPED

FLASHLIGHT - A flashlight is used to provide lighting for an Officer. This can be used in a situation where it is nighttime and is very dark.

LUMINOL SPRAY - Luminol Spray is used to determine whether or not an individual's weapon has any blood or dents on it.

KEY
- This is to unlock an individual's handcuffs.

KEY HOLDER - This is a silent item that is used when an Officer is stalking a suspect.

FIRST-AID KIT - This is what an Officer will use to provide an individual medical attention when an EMS employee is not available.

BATON HOLDER
- This is an object to hold a Baton.

FINGERPRINT SCANNER
- This is used to detect any fingerprints an individual has on an item.

BODY CAMERA - This is used to record anything in front of the Officer's POV. It is constantly on.

What are a few reasons someone can be arrested?

There are many reasons that your character can be arrested. I will list a few down below. These will only be the MAIN reasons and not all of them as there are too many to fully list.

MAJOR REASONS FOR BEING ARRESTED

-Assault
This is an act of physically assaulting another citizen of Karakura. This can mean that you KO'd the individual.

-Assault Of A Government Official
This is when an individual assaults a member of the Police Department. This is extremely prohibited.

-Assault With A Weapon
This is where an individual uses a weapon to assault another citizen of Karakura. Weapons include baseball bats of any variation, knuckle dusters, and a frying pan.

-Assault With A Deadly Weapon
This is where someone uses a deadly weapon such as a knife, katana, naginata, etcetera to assault somebody. This can include attempting to take one of their limbs.

-Kidnapping
This is an event where someone forcefully takes someone to a location with possibly intent to majorly hurt them, such as taking one of their limbs. This is a major crime.

-
Possession Of Major Illegal Weaponry
This is where someone has a weapon such as a Nagnita, Spiked Bat, Katana, Sai, or a Fireaxe on their person.

-
Gang Affiliation
Self-explanatory. This is where an individual is a member of a gang in Karakura.

-Murder
Okay.. this is one of, if not, the biggest crime to be accused of. This involves the person possibly being involved in the killing of someone.

There are many other major illegal crimes, but I have decided to just name a few. We will now move on to the next section.

MINOR REASONS FOR BEING ARRESTED

-Resisting Arrest
This is where an individual will attempt to get out of an officer's grasp in an attempt to possibly evade.
-

-Evasion
This is where an individual will escape from an officer's attempt to arrest them. This usually happens after the person resists.

-Disrespect Towards A Government Official
This is where someone disrespects an Officer.

-Minor Illegal Weaponry
This is where the person has a weapon such as a knife or knuckle dusters on their person.

These are just a few minor reasons for being arrested and there are tons more, but, as stated above, I will only be listing the main reasons.

My knowledge of Police Work goes far beyond what is listed here. However, I have decided to list the more important things you need to know if you're an Officer.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police are important to SchoolRP simply because of the GangRP and CriminalRP. If there were no Police on the server, then the City of Karakura would be out of control. Police are on the server for the fact to maintain control and lock up any criminals that may be creating any chaos or harm in the City. Police are meant to protect the citizens of Karakura to prevent deaths and to clear the area from any mischievous people who are looking to harm anyone.

Do you acknowledge that you're subject to being demoted if accepted at any given time?
Yes, I acknowledge this.

Do you acknowledge that by applying for this role, you are agreeing to be 100% dedicated to the Police Officer role?
Yes, I acknowledge this. I will be active almost every day so I don't see this being an issue.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?
Yes, as stated above, I will be active almost every day so I don't see this being an issue.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: CHARACTER INFORMATION

Character's Full Name:

His full name is Furuya Tsugiharu.

Character's age (if accepted):
He will be twenty-five years old if this get's accepted.

Character's gender & pronouns:
Male, he/him pronouns.

Character's Academic Background
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Grade-12

What languages are you proficient in besides Japanese?
JSL.

Describe your character; how they look, and what makes them unique.

HOW HE LOOKS (Clothing Style, height, etc)

Furuya is a Japanese man, standing at 6 feet 3 inches. He, of course, gets this height from his father as his father was 6 feet 3 inches as well. Furuya would always wear his white jacket with a white black shirt underneath. His skin tone was white, which complimented his nice brown eyes.
1660573285936.png
What are some of his hobbies?
Furuya's hobbies range from the following:

-Swimming
As stated above, one of Furuya's biggest hobbies is swimming. He really loves the feeling of water brushing up against his skin and the cold that comes with it. He also enjoys it when the water is warm..

-Dodgeball
Furuya is a big fan of the sport/game, Dodgeball. Furuya isn't very good at the game but he still enjoys it nonetheless.

-Making Friends.
Furuya loves making friends with people. He is a very sociable guy and has even made friends with grown adults.

These are just a few hobbies but he has a ton more.

What makes Furuya unique?
One of the ways Furuya is unique is one of his talents. Furuya has the ability to write with both hands. This is also called being ambidextrous.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a professional situation, Furuya would always maintain a calm state. He made sure to always try his best in these situations and remain calm and keep his composure. He always listened to his Higher-Ups as he always knew that they know what is best for him. In a casual situation, Furuya would usually make friends with the citizens of Karakura whilst also making friends with his fellow KPD members.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?

Co-Workers
- Furuya views his co-workers as his family. They mean everything in the world to him and he would die for his co-workers. Furuya would always help out in any way he could if any of his co-workers would be going through anything, such as a mental health issue or if they needed any sort of medical attention. Furuya is not selfish at all and always puts his co-workers ahead of himself.

Teamwork - Furuya's view on teamwork is quite straightforward, actually. Furuya views teamwork as a way to create friendships, a bond between one another, to create chemistry, and is way more fun.

Do you see yourself as a leader or a follower? Why?
My character views himself as a leader. The reason he views himself as a leader is simply that he was always the kid in school that was selected to take the lead role in projects. This is just second nature to him and he has always felt comfortable with taking the leadership role in anything that he can.
OOCly, I view myself as a follower. I work best whenever I am given orders, and I am also good at following directions given to me.

BACKSTORY (100+ words)

Furuya's Birth

Furuya was born to Japanese parents. The two never really wanted a child and always thought of Furuya as a kid who wouldn't really get anywhere in life. Because of this, Furuya's parents didn't really take good care of him. They then decided to put the baby boy up for adoption in the adoption center. It didn't really take long for a couple to adopt the little baby. He was really healthy considering how he was just born just over 3 weeks prior to them putting him up for adoption. He was then taken by a rich family and they quickly moved to Karakura following the adoption.

Furuya's Childhood
Furuya was arguably a good kid. He never really understood why his two parents didn't really look like him until he found out in his teen years that he was adopted. He went to school perfectly fine in Karakura, he didn't get bullied and he had very good grades. He wasn't an A+ student but he wasn't that bad either. Nothing really happened in his life at this time which will make me move on to the next chapter.

Furuya's Teen Life
Furya was then 13 years old. He remembered this incident where his father would come home drunk and mentally stress his mother out. He strongly believed that she did nothing wrong and that is when his father would yell "You're adopted" to Furuya straight out of nowhere. Furuya was hurt. He didn't want to believe that what his father said was true, he was drunk after all. He just played it off and tried to go to sleep. He couldn't sleep that night and would end up just doing doodles on his notebook. He would then hear a large bang in his parent's room. He would then set his notebook and pencil down. He would walk upstairs and into their room and heard his mother crying rapidly on the floor. This was a very traumatizing moment for him and would ultimately shape him into the man he is today. He would then grab the phone and call the police on his father.

Furuya's Adult Life
In Furya's adult life, he was ultimately a better person because of the incident that happened when he was younger. Following his father's arrest, Furuya was very happy that the police arrested him and admired the police work that they did. He then decided that he wanted to help fight crime like the police do and began his studying. He would then walk to the KPD station and was ready to begin his journey as a Police Officer.

The rest of this is meant to be learned through ICly means!

SECTION 2: GENERAL KNOWLEDGE

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?

No, you cannot legally own a Pocket Knife in Karakura. It is considered minor illegal weaponry and you will be arrested for having it on your person. It is a sharp weapon that you can throw at people which can harm them which is not allowed. Once in your cell, an officer will check your knife if it has any blood on it.

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
The 5 medical items that do not require a prescription are as follows:

1. Eyepatch
2. Cough Syrup
3. Paracetamol
4. Birth Control
5. Lactulose

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
If I see my co-workers abusing an inmate, I will then turn my Body Camera on and attempt to break it up. A co-worker should not be placing his hands on an inmate unless the inmate is making an attempt to fight the officer, but for the officer to assault the inmate for no reason is not allowed and not tolerable.

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
If I see one of my fellow officers being the victim of an assault by an inmate, I will immediately use my radio to call for backup and would also describe the situation. I will then pull out my taser and rush over to them. I will then attempt to break up the altercation, if I am able to break it up then I will turn the inmate around and place cuffs around his wrists and arrest him for Assault on a Government Official. If I am not able to break them up, I will then pull out my taser and immediately tase the inmate to stun him for 120 seconds. I will then turn him around and do the same thing as I said above.

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
If I find out that my co-worker is corrupt and helping criminal organizations, I will do my best to collect enough evidence. Once I am done collecting many pieces of evidence, I will then report the officer to the Police Commissioner.

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
I would immediately turn down the offer and then fine the person for Bribery. Bribery of a Police Officer is a serious crime in Karakura and Furuya would never give in to it. Even if the person offers a great amount of money.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Yonio

Level 327
Senior Admin
Police Lead
Media Coordinator
YonioTheNacho
YonioTheNacho
Omega+
DENIED
Thank you for applying for KPD. Unfortunately, the higher-up team and I
have decided to deny this application. Most times it is simply due to the fact that
there are more suitable applicants, so feel free to give it another shot on the next cadet wave!​

Users who are viewing this thread