DISCORD NAME & TAG:
Username: zador.the.one.and.only
Shown name: Zador(or Garrett)

WHAT IS YOUR TIMEZONE?:
Central European Time

DO YOU HAVE A MICROPHONE?:
Yes

DESCRIBE YOUR ACTIVITY ON THE SERVER:
Usually online from 14:00 to 20:00 (2pm to 8pm)

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
Shrine Maiden

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
I don't have any knowledge about Shintoism, but I'm willing to learn more about the religion.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?
I'm probably not really standing out for this role. I have not applied for a Job/Role before.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
I acknowledge that i will have to attend mandatory trainings to be taught more about shintoism and the according procedures.

In-Character (IC) Section

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

Scarlet Hakurei

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
Miss

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
21(Well thats the age I would want my char to be if this application gets accepted)

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
Has boyfriend, not married

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
Born in germany

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
(030)-435-8355

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
"I want to help the community and want people to find peace"
-Quote from Scarlet Hakurei

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
"I don't know much, as of the fact that I can't read because I'm blind. But I would love to learn more about the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery"
-Quote from Scarlet Hakurei

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD :
Dear Monastery lead,

My name is Scarlet Hakurei. When I first came to Karakura, I was looked down upon, because I was a blind girl without family.
Nobody helped me get around the city and either ignored me or pushed me around. All that changed when I somehow walked up to the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery without being harmed. The maidens there helped me, told me where I was, and helped me get back down. That gave me the idea to maybe apply as a maiden too. I might be blind, but I think I could still help around the Shinsei Seinaru Monastery, as of the fact that I can use echolocation to 'see' my surroundings.

The basic reason I want to become a maiden, is that I want to help people who might have troubles or any disabilities, like the maidens helped me.

I hope you can accept me as a maiden and teach me the ways of your religion

-Scarlet Hakurei

Additional Information: Don't be confused about how I was able to write this letter. I asked someone to write this letter for me. I just told them what exactly to write for me.

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
Scarlet was born in germany. She was blind from birth and had to learn all important things at home, because no school could teach a blind girl. She first learned german, then she learned Japanese immediately after. Along the way, she also developed the skill to maintain orientation through echolocation. When she was 12 years old, her family was killed by a gang, and only Scarlet and her twins(Ayeka Hakurei, Julia Hakurei, Ryu Hakurei) survived. They do not know about eachothers wellbeing and all think they are the last member of the Hakurei family. After that tragic incident, Scarlet and her twin sisters moved to Karakura, hoping to start a new life.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

The duties of the Shinto Priests are to keep the relationship between the Kami and the worshipper.

The duties of the Shinto Maidens is to work at the gift shop, cleaning the shrine, participating in weddings and funerals and answering any questions from visitors.

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
You must scoop the spring water out onto your hands, you then cup your hands together and dip them into the well and wash out your mouth with the water

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:
In order to offer something to a Kami, you must place the offering in the Saisen. Then you step back and ring the bell

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
Bows are exchanged between the host and the guest receiving the tea. The guest then bows to the second guest, and raises the bowl in a gesture of respect to the host. The guest rotates the bowl to avoid drinking from its front, takes a sip, and compliments the host on the tea.

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
A Kagura suzu is a set of twelve bells for a kagura dance. A Tamagushi is an offering made from sakaki tree branches decorated with washi paper, silk, or cotton. An Ofuda is a Talisman made out of a slip of paper, wood, cloth or metal.

(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
not specified​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread