mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Denied Yumi Tetsuya's Librarian Application ✍(◔◡◔)

YurMomma_

Level 2
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:

YurMomma_

Do you have Discord (If so, what is your discord username?):
Chamoy#8774

How old are you? (Optional):
19 (20 near the end of this year)

What is your time zone?:
EST (Soon to be GMT+8)

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m now online mostly everyday, only being offline when there’s emergency or event irl. I do get sick quite often so I tend to be a bit inactive for a day or two when that happens.

Have you ever been banned (If yes, when and why?):
I have not.

Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?:
I completely understand. It's only fair in all honesty.

School Employee Role you are applying for?:
Librarian

In as much detail as possible, describe the employee role you are applying for:
The Librarian is the person who handles the borrowed and returns of the books within the library. They are also in charge of keeping the library quiet and calm for students who wants to read and study in peace. The Librarian are also in charge of giving out the library cards to students but also making sure that the library cards are kept well, and used for it’s right reasons.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have been roleplaying ever since I was 11 years old. Starting from small websites like Google+ then soon switching over to minecraft roleplays. My first roleplay server was actually SRP around 2016, in which I started to roleplay in minecraft more, even roleplaying in some Medieval servers. Throughout the years, I have been roleplaying between SRP, Medieval servers and a few other roleplaying forums or discord servers.

Why do you want to join the School Employee faction?:
After my years of going off and on SRP, I have always been either playing within the Highschool or College RP area, so I want to try something new that’s more around the TownRP or SchoolEmployeeRP. I want to experience a more different environment that’s still within SRP or Karakura itself.

Link(s) to any previous applications and appeals on the server:
[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/charlottes-korean-language-application.46529/
[Accepted] [Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/3rd-language-application.51986/
[Accepted] https://schoolrp.net/threads/seojins-jsl-application.60838/
[Denied] https://schoolrp.net/threads/charlottes-korean-application.46511/

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
[College][B] Yumi Tetsuya
[College][B] Mai H. Jahii
────────────

Situations
/*Do not mention use of FearRP*/

During a work-shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how does your character react?:

Yumi is the type of person who gets easily startled but she is also a person who calms down quickly after processing the situation.
Yumi would calmly wait for the student to finish talking before she responds calmly, telling the student the consequences of his actions if he continues to berate me, since after all, I am still a school employee, which means that he will most likely receive detention for cursing/insulting a school employee.

You notice two students are physically fighting in the hallway, – multiple punches have been thrown – how does your character react?:

Yumi will quickly contact the other school staff over the radio as she quickly walked towards the students. She will then try to clear the area while approaching the two fighting students. Yumi will raise her voice, telling them to stop to get their attention. If they do not stop then she will try to stop them by separating them with the help of another school staff.

Another school employee is clearly acting inappropriately, doing something very dangerous on the job, how does your character react?:

Yumi is a person who follows the rules strictly and respects the place she works in. Yumi will quickly approach the fellow school employee and try to assess the situation before pulling the school employee aside, still in view of a camera for her own safety. She will then speak with the school employee about said behaviour and tell them that she will have no other choice but report this to the higher up in which she will.

When in the employee break room, how does your character act?

Yumi is a quiet person, only speaking when it is needed, or when she is spoken to. She will most likely keep to herself but still speak with her fellow school employees to make sure that they have no issue with her introverted nature. Yumi will make sure to be respectful of their spaces and their conversations if they wish to keep to themselves.

Provide us with at least three detailed /me's of your character whilst on your chosen role:

/me smiled politely as she looked up from her book, her gaze moving up to look the student in the eyes. “Hello, how can I help you?” She asked a bit quietly as to not disturb the other students within the library.
/me nodded slightly as she carefully rolled her chair back before she stood up. “I will be back in a moment.” She’d then walk away for a moment to get the library card requested.
/me walked back towards the counter, the polite smile remaining on her face as she gently place the book and library card on the counter. “Here you go, please enjoy and remember to bring it back the way it was borrowed.” She spoke politely but there is some strictness to her tone.

────────────

In-Character Section

image_2023-05-29_093910970.png

Full Name (First & Last only):
Yumi Tetsuya

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Preferred Name:
Yumi

Age (Minimum is 25):
25 years old

Academic Degree:

B.A. in English

Major(s):
Literature, and Creative Writing.

Minors:
Literary Studies

Nationality:
South-Korean

Known Languages:
Japanese, Italian, JSL and Korean

Backstory

Yumi was born in a family of three, located in the South Korean capital city of Seoul. Her mother is a Korean-European woman who was born in South-Korea. However, she moved quite a lot in her younger days, which led her to meet her Italian-Japanese husband. After getting married, they decided that it would be best to move to South Korea, where Yumi's grandmother lived, so they could all cohabitate and take care of Yumi. Her parents are both working citizens, which made it hard for them to always look after Yumi, despite Yumi's being an infant. This led Yumi's aunts, and grandmother to being in charge of raising her emotionally, while her parents were the ones who provided her with the money and other necessities in her life.
By the time that Yumi enrolled in elementary school, she had a hard time speaking to her peers. She has always stuck to herself in a corner while eating quietly or just staring at the other kids. Because of this 'odd' behavior, the other children had started to dislike her and found her weird. This led to her being bullied and soon physically attacked by other students at some point within that same year. Yumi's parents were notified about this, yet they ended up blaming Yumi for not being social enough.
Due to Yumi's quiet and introverted nature, the bullying has only gotten worse as she continued on with going to school. Her parents were either too tired, or, much like her aunts and grandmother, busy with work, along with their own lives, to stand by her side. Since Yumi was the only child, she had no one who would listen or talk to her. By the time that Yumi enrolled in high school, her grades were improving more and more by the day, which made her parents happy. Yet it made her classmates' hatred for her grow increasingly. They had started to continuously physically harm her which led to her going home with bruises or even a few cuts. Her mother was understandably getting worried, whereas her father thought different. He didn't understand why Yumi was crying over (what he called) 'small' fights in her school, which caused him to abuse her physically, starting from slapping her to fully punching her when she wasn't looking even slightly happy.
By the time Yumi was in her last year of high school, she had completely stopped talking, as if she had become mute. Even though she was at the top of her school with her near-perfect grades, the harassment in class and at home made her quite numb to quite a few feelings such as physical and emotional pain. At that point, all Yumi cared about was receiving the highest grades, so that she may enroll in a good college and leave her life behind to start anew. Yet, sadly, on the very day of her high school graduation, where she was supposed to give a speech as the valedictorian of her year, she received a call from a family friend that her parents had been in a horrid car accident. This ruined Yumi to the point where she could not even formulate a single thought where she stood. She nonetheless held the speech, yet the grief and sorrow was all too noticeable within her eyes. Ever since then, no one has heard anything from Yumi. She never really visited her parents' graves openly, nor was she in Seoul at all. Their old house was quickly sold off, along with her parents' old furniture and clothes either being given away or burnt. After many many years, Yumi has reappeared in a city called Karakura. She resurfaced as Yumi Tetsuya, now having longer black hair, her once shining grey eyes are now more dull, but there's a sense of confidence with her now. It's as if she's a new person.. Maybe her move to Karakura will be a fresh start.

Motivation for Joining KHS:
Moving to Karakura was something that I did not do on an impulsive decision. I have done my research and even spoke to some of my family who lived in the city, or some that even goes to the school itself. From the things i've heard, the school is both a good and quite a questionable place for students.
From my time in high-school, I want to work in KHS to help and motivate the students with what I can do from my personal experiences and learned lessons. Every students deserves a chance in life, along with every student needs a person within the school to help them in their darkest hours. Being a librarian can help me do those things, since books itself are gateways to people's minds and hearts. By sharing an interest in books and even helping them study, giving them that motivation, it will help them seek something more in life, and not just aimlessly study just to escape the things they're running from.

Do you have any previous experience working in a school environment? If so, please elaborate (If not, respond with "N/A"):
N/A

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I have a very strong will and a lot of determination. I am a person who's not afraid to face a challenge and face it head on. I do not like running away from issues nor do I blame it on something or someone else, since I know that every actions and choices have dire consequences. I am more than willing to help any student in need, whether it be someone to listen to their school work problems, or something that they hold deeply that they can't tell anyone else. As an adult, a school employee, and a person, my duty is not just to help the students with getting their books and library card. My job as a librarian is to also help them and listen to them, give them some advice with the books they're reading or maybe even their school work. As a school employee in general, I aspire to be someone in the school that the students will find comfort and knowledge from when they need it the most. I want to inspire change, a good change, within the school. I know that it is a big ambition and that it will take years to accomplish but I am willing to do whatever it takes to help those in need.

────────────

Extra
/*You may leave this blank*/

Additional notes about your application:
(I tried my best :'D)
Do you have any questions?:
N/A​

Users who are viewing this thread