Accepted Yuna's Dance Teacher Application

PloppenBird

Level 0
Out-Of-Character Information

What is your Minecraft username?:
Yuna_banana
How old are you?: 16
Do you have any previous bans?: No.
What Country are you from?: I live in the UK at the moment but only for the past 5 years. I moved here from Haeundae, South Korea.
Do you have Discord (if so, what is your discord username?): park_yoona#2261
Do you understand that most answers are found in the roleplay documents?: Yes.
Do you acknowledge that if you are inactive you will be demoted?: Yes.
Do you understand that all classroom activity must be documented on the "Teacher Roster" thread?: Yes.

Describe your activity on the server & on the forums?: Frequent. I try my best to make sure I'm as active as possible, which could mean I'm on there for hours at a time every day of the week or every other day at least. I enjoy being on the server so it really shouldn't be a problem.

Link(s) to any previous applications on the server?: https://schoolrp.net/index.php?threads/my-teacher-appilcation.84/ (I had only been in the UK for probably a grand total of a year and a half at this point, I am not excusing myself for this but I apologise for the idiocy)

Trivia

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?: In high school, I was elected dance captain for the final two years of school. My duties and responsibilities included costume and makeup design, stage lighting design, choreographing and teaching dance lessons. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of being a captain - hence why I would like to extend my responsibilities and shift them into a career as a dance teacher.

Do you have any experience in Roleplaying?: I've been a part of this server for two years roughly and also I took an english GCSE in Drama, which I believe went well.

Have you read the Faculty Handbook?: Yes.

What are the classroom logs and why is it important?: The classroom logs are a document in which we log our classes and lessons and it helps superiors monitor active teachers and inactive teachers which improves the school's efficiency and work (in the sense inactive teachers, who don't log their lessons or even take lessons are respectively let go).

You want to start a school field trip; how do you do that?: You find the official Field Trip application thread on this website and file a request for a field trip. Then, you wait for the application to get approved by an authorised superior before taking any sort of action on the field trip. If it gets declined, no action for the field trip should be taken at any circumstance.

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?: It is imperative the teacher remains in control of the class and takes action on misbehaving students during a lesson to ensure that chaos doesn't ensue. However, a classroom is all about balance. The teacher must respect the students but the students must respect the teacher too. Examples of disrespect which should not be tolerated within the classroom involves: talking over the teacher; deliberately not doing the task planned and set by the teacher; verbally or even physically abusing the teacher. Any actions of the sort will not be tolerated and consequences, suited to the offence, will be issued.

Summarize your previous RP experience's (both in general and on SchoolRP): My previous roleplaying experiences have been easy to adapt my real personality into and I can really project myself into my characters. I make an obedient, hard working student in Karakura High School and I made sure to attend lessons frequently. I've never been warned of anything or banned for anything previously, which happily leaves my record clean. I try to reflect my real sense of hard work into my characters - whatever roleplay I play.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

- HD: Head of Department - Leading a specific subject's department and making sure all the decisions are being made correctly and that the department is running efficiently and without issue.

- QTLS: Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills - Help practitioners further in their careers and demonstrates their skills to colleagues, employees, employers and learners.

- NQT: Newly Qualified Teacher - A teacher that has to undergo the "NQT" year which is the period in which a graduated teacher teaches officially for the first time.

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?: Teachers in the server are important because while the server offers elements of fun and social opportunities, it also gifts the opportunity for the members of the server to be educated and learn something new, which is an amazing opportunity. In addition, the members are having fun while learning! Another point would be that having authoritative roles such as teachers on the server helps maintain the server's peacefulness and also sets the scene of Karakura.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?: Must have, Could Have, Should Have

Character Knowledge

Yuna Park is from South Korea. She graduated from Kyoto University at 22 years old after studying dance and secondary education, danced with Korea's Dreamcast Entertainment for a year before settling down at Karakura at the age of 25. She becomes inspired by the students and is enthusiastic to teach them her very capable knowledge about the art of choreography, formations, beats and lifts and such. During her gap year between graduation and Karakura, Yuna danced with South Korea's Dreamcast Entertainment. This led to her travelling around the world to dance for a small girl band while they enjoyed their tour. She visited Thailand, North America, South America, Spain, the UK and many more places. When the tour ended in Japan, Yuna fell in love with Karakura and decided that's where she wanted to settle down.

Due to her background in dance and asian heritage, Yuna has a very slim frame and clear, tanned skin. She is very smiley and extremely girly and friendly. Her hair is long and brown, which matches her eyes and she wears very natural, feminine-looking makeup. She is very sensitive and careful, and always puts other's needs before her own.

In the future, Yuna plans to continue teaching until retirement and hopefully along the way finding love, getting married and starting her own family. Yuna has already lived the experiences she wished she had, and only these ones remaining.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?: Give them an official warning to stop or threaten detention. If situation escalates, threaten ban and follow through on previous threats.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?: Count down until they listen or keep them behind in their break to catch up. Alternatively, yelling would solve the problem also.

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?: Relaxed, helpful, cheerful and responsible. She will offer the other teachers some help or a beverage and also gets her own work done, if need be.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:

/me clears throat to attain attention
/me proceeds to demonstrate pirouette
/me hands out dance theory sheets
/me claps hands to beat of track
/me smiles watching the class correctly file into formation

Backstory

Yuna was raised by her patriarchal father when she was young. He forced her at the age of six to dance and she learnt to love the art by the age of eight. She balanced dance along with the typical housewife duties such as cooking, cleaning, and raising her little sister due to the absence of her mother. Her father refused to do such things as they were considered 'female responsibilities'. By high school, Yuna had become captain of the school dance team and was auditioning for entertainment companies. She passed her dance exam at the end of her school year and had to leave her younger sister with her father to study in Kyoto. She passed the entrance exams for Kyoto University and cleanly studied secondary education and dance. When she graduated a the age of 22, Yuna decided it was time to make her father proud (after years of pushing her to her limits) and work for a Korean entertainment company, touring around the world as a dancer. During her first year there, Yuna discovered the Japanese city of Karakura and decided that she had found her calling, saying goodbye to her now 18 year old sister and father. She moved to Karakura at the age of 25 to pursue a career in teaching dance to the younger generation of dancers.

In-Character Information
(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Yuna Park
Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss
Given Name(s): Yuna
Preferred Name: Yuna

Religious Denomination: Agnostic
Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Korean
Current Location: Karakura, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): None yet
Working Experience (# of years): Dance captain 5 years, Dreamcast Dancer 1 year

Academic Degree: Masters degree

Year of Graduation: 2016
Major(s): Secondary Education
Minors: Modern Dance

Native Languages: Korean
Other Languages: English, Japanese, Thai, German, French, Spanish

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: Yes
Preferred Teaching Subject: Dance

Extra

Additional notes about your application (if any): I am qualified to cover language subjects, which is a qualification I obtained through my employment period at Dreamcast Entertainment, Dobong-dong, Seoul
Do you have any questions?: N/A

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5455

Accepted!
- There are a few items I'd like to discuss with your position.

Please DM me over discord - melody#0429.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread