TIME AVAILABLE:
8pm-1am​
TIME AVAILABLE:
8pm-1am​
TIME AVAILABLE:
10am-1am​

WHAT POSITION ARE YOU APPLYING FOR?:
-
I am hoping to acquire the role of ‘Priest’ with this application.

WHAT KNOWLEDGE DO YOU CURRENTLY HAVE OF SHINTOISM AND ARE YOU PREPARED/WILLING TO LEARN MORE ABOUT THE RELIGION?:
-
I have a little amount of knowledge regarding the religion as a whole, as there is a certain level of complexity within Shintosim. I am more than excited to learn more about the religion and the faction as a whole; moving further into this experience and future trainings to better my knowledge about the faction's passion. I hope that amount of passion, entertainment, and research regarding the religion as a whole can bring that infatuation towards myself if I happen to be given a chance.

WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT FOR THIS ROLE OVER OTHER APPLICANTS?:
-
Quite frankly, I am simply another ordinary applicant. I want to move more towards the roleplay aspect of the server and improve my detail roleplay for a better experience and time within the faction. I feel like I have been sticking towards a single route on this server, which is the crime faction, and believe the shrine faction is the first and most probable way to work out my skills and accountability to reach further heights within the server. This faction looks very wholesome and passionate about the things they do, which is why I believe I may learn a lot from it. I plan to spend hours being as active as possible, attending as many trainings, and more to show my dedication towards the faction and better my roleplay experience within the faction itself and the server as a whole. So to summarize; joining the faction will allow me to simply, in other words, better many attributes about my roleplay capabilities in certain situations. It will give me much more room for improvisation, to see what my current flaws are by viewing the other faction members and seeing how they operate things. With this new experience from my peers and the higher-ups, I think I can be an outstanding applicant in comparison to most.

DO YOU ACKNOWLEDGE YOU WILL HAVE TO ATTEND MANDATORY TRAININGS TO BE TAUGHT MORE ABOUT SHINTOISM AND THE ACCORDING PROCEDURES?:
-
I am fully aware that I have to attend mandatory training to be taught about the current procedures of the faction and religion, whilst simultaneously learning about Shintoism as a whole. I am a very active individual in general, so I feel confident in my ability to attend every training and I acknowledge that lacking participation in mandated training sessions will result in my removal from the faction.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION (2)(1).png

SECTION 1: Character Details

CHARACTERS FULL NAME:

-
Zyon Yamaoka-Rekishi

CHARACTERS TITLE (E.g. Mr. Mrs. Miss):
-
Mister.

CHARACTERS AGE (E.g. 21-80):
-

CHARACTERS MARITAL STATUS:
-
I am currently single.

CHARACTERS NATIONALITY:
-
Russian and Japanese

CHARACTERS PHONE-NUMBER:
-
(030)-759-5206

PRESENTATION OF THIS CHARACTER:

1725189909931.png1725189934680.png

WHAT IS YOUR MOTIVATION FOR APPLYING TO WORK AT THE MONASTERY?:
-
"My main motivation for joining the Monastery is to prove my family back in Russia wrong. Growing up, my family who went by the name of Yamaoka were very strict. They took perfection to a new height, practically trying their best to raise prodigies. My father's beliefs were that if you're perfect, there wouldn't be anything you couldn't do or accomplish. I've always done everything by the book, and the book states that my future resides around violence and presenting my knowledgeable attributes to others. My motivation to prove to them that I am my own person, a person with my own wishes and wants. A person that has their own priorities and careers they wish to walk in, which for me is the shrine, and those who revolve around it. I find the things related to this career interesting, especially the spirits that freely roam the gardens and pebble paths."

TELL ME WHAT HISTORY AND INFORMATION YOU KNOW ABOUT THE SHINSEI SEINARU MONASTERY:
-
"Prior to writing this, I did plenty of research regarding Kami, the Monastery, and the culture behind its beliefs. I know up to the most recent outburst of Kami a while back and really just up to that point. There have been rumors of enchanted blades and sacred battles that happen up in the shrine, or really anywhere in the forest that have ended with many casualties regarding civilians, Karakura Police Department, and even hospital workers that report to the scene. It was on the news a tiny bit, a long with the rumors being spread about the entire thing, which has caught the eye of many others outside of Karakura."

WRITE A LETTER TO THE MONASTERY LEAD:
-
“Dear Monastery lead, This is Zyon Yamaoka-Rekishi. I am a 36-year-old male who is writing this letter to you and hoping it reaches its destination within your presence. First off I hope that you and your well-being is at its highest point and hope that this letter shows my gratitude for you even taking the time to read this."

"I come from a far place, Russia to be exact. It’s been a long journey to reach this city Karakura and has been an even longer journey finding my true destiny. I have done my research about the Monastery through Onrain and try my best to keep up with the most recent situations that occur and it honestly excites me. I’ve had my fair share of small jobs and conversations with other individuals in other departments, some jobs I’m not the most proud of or happy I was a part of, but I do hope to come into your community in hopes that I can bring my life around and find my true beliefs. The thing about Kami and the shrine is what truly interests me, and is the sole reason I strive to become one with the spirits, or even fight against them if necessary."

BACKSTORY (100+ Words):
-
'Appearance'
Zyon Yamaoka-Rekishi, a 37 y/o male who had decently long hair. His hair trailed down to his shoulders you would notice the blue outline in his hair which trailed down the length that was trailed down to shoulder length and back in the front of his biceps. It was very visible in the sunlight, but under a dim light, it was very hard to tell he had another color in his hair. Zyon had a few tattoos along his right arm which symbolized a black rose wrapping around it. His eyes were a clear ocean color which would remind you of blue cotton candy, though they were quite dull. Was it from his past? Most likely.

'The Climb.'
(His backstory)

Zyon was born into a family, that family is called 'Yamaoka'. Yamaoka is a very strict and expectant bloodline who really just expects your best, even if you can't give it. How they operate is highly confidential, mainly to cover their butts on how they ran their experiments and tactics. There was never a lab or anything like that. By experiment, I mean to test your physical abilities, mindset, knowledge, and limits, which were usually pushed if not to their acceptance. There wasn't any violence towards failure, but there were punishments that ranged from starvation, being invisible to the rest, and simply just being ignored and neglected. What they wished for each kid was to be knowledgeable and mentally strong that way they could survive in their future residence and area of living. If you look at it from a different point of view, it seemed as if it was to help them, though to them It was pure torture. They put each kid in martial arts mixed with self-defense classes who were certified professionals, making sure they could fend for themselves once they got out there in the world. Zyon was probably the smartest and most appropriate out of the rest of the kids in the family, his manners were top tier and his self-defense was immaculate.

The Yamaoka family were popular in Russia for their wealth and intelligence. Yamaoka originated in Russia, and once Zyon turned 18 he took the chance to move to a new location, that location being Karakura. He had heard many things about this city, mainly that it was extremely dangerous and filled with criminals and horrid crimes. It wasn't a city that was supposed to make you feel.. 'Safe'. Despite what the government, and even the Karakura Police Department state, no one is really safe and Zyon knew that. The news covered almost every incident that revolved around murders, stabbings, shootings, robberies, and even explosions/vandalism. Zyon wasn't quite worried, since he usually kept to himself and didn't revolve himself around others. Once he arrived, his first action was to find a place to stay. He wandered around the city, looking like a lost puppy in such a populated area. Zyon looked around, but couldn't exactly find out where he wished to go, or even. . Where to go, but then a lady would approach him. She seemed rather mature, and up in age. She was kind enough to bow to him before asking him a few questions, mainly if he knew where he was and if he was lost- The type of questions you'd ask a drunk. after a small explanation of his current situation, she quickly understood and then showed him around, at least to a couple of the apartment complexes.

They talked during their walk and exploration about their lives, pasts even. He didn't have much to say though, since he wasn't really a social guy. It seemed that the lady was starting a family of her own, and didn't even think twice of inviting Zyon into it. The family name was, Rekishi. The lady went by the name of 'Naja Rekishi-Hanazono', which she greeted a few minutes before the request/question. I'm sure not even she knew what she was asking, and of course, Zyon was warry, seeing as he did just move there- And just met her. He asked that she wait for his response, at least till he was comfortable in the city- and with her, which she understood.

Zyon would consider for a few weeks. He had obtained Miss Naja's contact information the same day she gave him that offer, but now, he has decided to contact her about the offer. He'd call her number, and an excited voice was heard through the phone before he then began to speak. His acceptance to her offer brought her joy, though she maintained a composed tone. She requested him to meet her at a location, which would be her apartment where she'd officially greet him as her son. He no longer had to worry about raising up to his parent's standards and he finally felt. . Free. Free to himself and his own dreams.

It was about time that he made a life for himself and looked towards his future. He didn't have the greatest childhood, but he was pretty well fit to change his path and his morals. He started by applying for random jobs on the side just to get that little extra cash in his pockets for obvious reasons, which were food, his share of the bills, and future necessary living equipment. He took some time to explore the area, strolling by the Shopping District, and passing by the church before eventually reaching the forest entrance. It took a while for him to scan the area, looking at the cabins and campsites as he walked down the path up until he reached the Monastery walkway. He examined the path, sussing out everything that could possibly happen before he began moving forward up the path. He reached the lavabo-looking structure. He read the sign on the front of it that told him to wash his hands before entering the Monastery, to which he complied, rolling up his sleeves as he then dipped his hands into the water. His fingers would spread slightly before he took them out, turning around and heading across the bridge where he then found himself at the top. He was immediately greeted by a Priest and Maiden who were extremely friendly, and their voices were low and calming which made talking to them a butt load easier. He found this conversation with them intriguing, and honestly entertaining and enjoyable. He found that the environment around them was something new, something he kind of wanted to stick around to. He kept his gaze wandering, examining the buildings and pathway up to the shrine. From here on he made it his goal to ask as many questions as he possibly could, along with researching anything needed/required to work towards becoming a priest.

SECTION 2: Self-Knowledge Details

What duties do Shinto Priests and Maidens have?:

-
Both Shinto Priest and Maidens have different roles that they must do daily such as:
-
'Shinto Priest'
As Zyon looked down at the paper, he looked over at his right hand which held onto the pen and he began to lower it down onto the paper. He thought hard about how to answer this question, his prior research had then kick-started his brain into a brainstorm of ideas, along with the things he remembered reading about.
"The Priests have a very specific and special role, which is the safety of citizens and Kami. They maintain this order by making offerings to the Kami such as Rice, Sake wine, Rice cakes, Salt, Water, and a variety of vegetables. They do not offer any sort of animal meat, because of the taboo on spilling blood in the sacred area. Other than offerings, Priests also do Evocation of the Kami. Priests have another big factor in the role they have in the Monastery, which is their expertise in the rituals performed. They have their special secret knowledge about the techniques of worshiping, incantations, prayers, and sacrificial acts. I've heard and have also read that they are the bridge that separates the divine or sacred, and the profane realms."

'Shrine Maidens'
"The Shrine Maidens of the Monastery goes by another name, which is Miko from what I remember, but they serve as an intermediary between the human world and the spiritual realm and will act as a vessel for the kami to communicate with other humankind. Shrine Maidens do many acts such as conducting small sacred rituals and ceremonies to communicate with the Kami, perform divination and fortune telling, act as spirit mediums to channel messages from the Kami, and Offer prayers and blessings to visitors. They are most commonly known for their specialty in Performing sacred dances, such as the Kagura. They assist priests in various shrine duties and help maintain the spiritual atmosphere of the shrine. Some say that their presence can add grace to the air making them a tradition to the Shinto Shrines, which make them an essential element of the Japanese spiritual landscape."

What are the steps needed to be taken at the purification trough before entering the Shrine?:
-
"The purification trough fountain is used to purify the body before one is to enter the holy land, or even step foot near the shrine. It would be classified as disrespectful to not only the maidens and priests but to the Kami as well. Firstly, you will want to pay your respects. It isn't necessary, but it's respectful to the ones who will be protecting you and bringing you life. When you approach the purification fountain, or so they call the trough, you first grab one of the ladles that would be provided close by, fill it with fresh water, and then rinse your left and right hands. After you cleanse your hands, you move on to cleansing your mouth. You do this by transferring some of the water and putting it into a cupped hand, pour it into your mouth then finally spitting it beside the trough."

How are offerings to a Kami performed?:

-
"Offerings do have a particular order of placement, with a simple offering of rice, salt, and water (the most important ones), the rice should be closest to your ofuda and the water towards your left alongside the salt to your right, with them being further from the ofuda. I usually offer these, and sometimes some other sort of food that I'm going to eat like sweets or fruit, in which case I put those in front of the rice."

How do you perform a tea ceremony ritual?:
-
"There are a few things that are required when it comes to the tea ceremony. The first requirement is dependent on your dress code and other accessories. The things you should aim to avoid go under the categories of gaudy fashion, and fragrances that may distract the tea experience. It is a must that you wear modest clothes and remove unnecessary jewelry that may have the chance to damage the tea equipment."

"The preparation needed to start the tea ceremony begins with the host being at the center, giving the guests a cup of tea. The main equipment includes the tea whisk (which is called a chasen), a tea container for the powdered tea, the tea scoop, a tea bowl, sweets container or plate, and a kettle with a brazier. And from there, you may begin to satisfy your thirst with a ceremonial prepared tea."

"To make the tea, you would need to start by turning on your stove high enough till the water starts boiling, letting it rest there whilst preparing the other equipment. You grab the Machta and sift it through the strainer, making sure there isn't any excess clumps. Once done, you let the boiling water settle to a cold temperature before mixing in the Machta powder. You give it a good whisking before it is presented to the guests! Oh oh! You gotta clean the equipment before and after, so the flavor of the tea isn't ruined or manipulated."

Explain what a Tamagushi, Ofuda and Kagura Suzu is and what they're used for:
-
What Tamagushi is used for:
"The Tamagushi is an offering which are used in quite a few scenarios. They are often used in Weddings, Miyamairi, funerals, festivals, and can be commonly seen at the shrines. This charm can be made from a Sakai Tree, and decorated with a strip of washi paper, silk, or even cotton. This offering is ritually presented to the kami by parishioners, shrine maidens or even Priests. There can also be larger and more elaborate variants of the Tamagushi, with red and white cloth, and even asa (Sacred hemp fibers) tied in a ribbon on top of it, with two shide. It mainly represents the sincerity of our heart and spirit, showing the Kami that we're there with no ill intent. The Sakaki (And its original form, being the Sakaki Tree) represent a eternal nature of spirit and hearts of others which is our sole connection to the natural world."

14e5132a0fe6d62a0117c8f2b4ebde9c_w.jpeg

What an Ofuda is used for:
"The ofuda is a formal piece of paper that can be made from very few pieces of material such as paper of course, cards, and a plate. Or a gofu if you know what that is. Ofuda is a talisman that is combined with a few other earthly materials which are wood, cloth, and metal. These talismans are rumored to be imbued with the power of the Kami. There are specific ofuda's that have their very own purpose. These other purposes which are, finding love, Safety within the home, and protection against misfortune. They can be placed on many surfaces inside your home, or even posts outside if you wish. They are worn in two different ways, these ways being the most appropriate, which are on the head, or around your neck as a necklace type of deal."

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u10(1).jpg
What a Kagura Suzu is used for:
"The Kagura suzu is a short-staff set with usually up to twelve to fifteen bells. This specific tool is used for, I'm sure you already know, but the kagura dance. It consists of three tiers of bells which is suspended by coiled brass wires from a central handle. The order it goes in starts with two bells on the top tier, four bells on the middle tier, and six bells for the bottom tier. These shapes are rumored to be inspired of various fruits of the ogatama tree. People usually wonder what the real purpose of kagura, and kagura dances are. Kagura and its dance have been performed as a Shinto ritual dedicated to the local kami in order to pray for a good harvest."

41ga-kFtLbS._SR600,315_PIWhiteStrip,BottomLeft,0,35_SCLZZZZZZZ_FMpng_BG255,255,255(1).png
(OPTIONAL) Based on your character; which other Kami would they worship?:
-

"Zyon worships Kisshōten, The goddess of good fortune.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────​

Last edited:

RandomlyAccepted

Level 42
Shrine Lead
Builder
RandomlyAccepted
RandomlyAccepted
Omega+
Denied

Thank you for taking the time to apply but unfortunately we have chosen to deny your application as others stood out more.

You are free to apply again in the future!

If you have any questions please DM me on discord via randomlyaccepted.​

Users who are viewing this thread