https://schoolrp.net/threads/angels-kpd-application.60030/ - pending
https://schoolrp.net/threads/zoi-lawyer-application.60437/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/katie-italian-application.60208/ - Denied
https://schoolrp.net/threads/disgracedangel-lore-app.60996/ - Denied

https://schoolrp.net/threads/gracedangel-hospital-application.61816/ - Denied
Accepted
https://schoolrp.net/threads/katie-french-application.58986/ Accepted
Accepted

What are your current role(s) on the server? (If you're college, specify your degree level):
Grade 12

Trivia
What subject are you applying to teach?:

History
Japan History

What is your motivation for becoming a teacher?:
OOC- My reason for applying to be a teacher is because in real life I'm in AP history so teaching students like my teachers do would be fun. I think the other teachers are super interesting and would be interesting to hang out with IC. I'm aware that sometimes teachers' jobs can be super hard with how some of the kids can be but I'm willing to put up with those kids. I like to think I'm pretty good at explaining things to people and I also find the history of Japan super interesting so I would love other people to learn it as well. History is also just a super fun class to teach and I want to see how I can do at being a teacher that teaches history. This would also help develop my character Qiu Jing as she was a backup character before and now I want to play her more I think her being a teacher would be the perfect opportunity
IC- My character Qiu Jing's reason for wanting to be a teacher is because she loves teaching kids history and what she learned traveling around Japan in her life. She also loves the history of Japan and finds it super interesting and believes that everyone should learn it. She has traveled the world a lot and wants to make Karakura her forever home and believe being a teacher would be the perfect way to start that. She also really likes the hard work teachers put in and would like to be like some of them one day she hopes this will help her with that.

Do you understand that you are applying for the teacher role of UT & If your application is accepted, you may have to undergo teacher training?:
Of course, I completely understand and will make sure to show up to them whenever I can.

What are the teacher class logs and why are they important?:
The class logs are to see how many classes teachers taught last month or any amount of time the person checking them wants to see. It's important so they can decide the teacher's pay or if they need to be fired for not teaching enough within the time limit. It also shows how many people showed up to class and how long it lasted. this is important for staff

As a teacher, what are the strict rules when being in a class?:
The strict rules are making sure if anyone does anything wrong in class that deserves a detention they get it, showing no bias towards anyone because they are your friend if they are your friend and aren't good in class to the point of needing a detention. Also making sure as the teacher to make sure to treat the students right if they need extra help and ask you after-class tell them to ask the question and if they have a bunch of questions and are struggling to understand the unit offer them a tutor.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I have pretty good experience in role-playing. I've played DND for around 2 years now and I've been playing SRP for about three months I've made sure to do a lot of roleplaying in both. I like to think I'm pretty good at roleplaying by this point. I'm also applying for KPD which requires a lot of roleplay although I haven't been accepted yet I believe that I have enough skill at Roleplay to be able to handle this job.

In detail, describe the ranking system of teachers:
- HD

↳ Meaning: Head of the department
↳ Description: These are the teachers or professors that have made it the highest they can as their rank these ones help teach the UT preparing them to be an actual teachers these teachers are the highest rank while still teaching classes.
- QT
↳ Meaning: Qualified teacher
↳ Description: These teachers are one rank below HD these teachers have been teaching for longer than NQT so they are more well-known and have more freedom these teachers have clearly proven they are good at teaching and professionals at their subject.
- NQT
↳ Meaning: Newly Qualified teacher
↳ Description: This is the first rank after UT being the first rank able to teach a class they are just below the Qualified teacher so they are still good at their subject just aren't as well known so they have slightly less popularity depending on who they are
- UT
↳ Meaning: Unqualified teacher

↳ Description: This is the first rank of the school these teachers can not teach actual classes at this point they have to go through 2 pieces of training before they are able to teach their first class they are still teachers just not able to teach a class!

Teacher Knowledge

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in-game and out-of-game, what purpose do teachers serve. What salary do they get? Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in their spare time in general.

Teachers in real life get paid around 50,000 dollars in the U.S. Their purpose is to teach students so they can survive in the real world. Teachers in the real world are very unpaid for what they do but quite a few enjoy their job because they like helping people. Teachers in real life in their spare time are normal humans as well. They hang out with friends or watch their children if they have some. Most teachers are on the older side because you need a masters in the subject you are going to teach.
On SRP compared to other jobs teachers are well paid making 350K to 500K which in Japan is quite a bit however in the US it would not be worth much with it being only 3500 every month being 42,000 a year meaning they get paid around the same amount as U.S teachers. On SRP like real life they prepare the students for the real world and exams. In their spare time, they also like the real world to spend their time with friends or again watching their kids however unlike the real world teachers tend to be younger with the youngest being 27 however you still do need a major in the subject.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server?:
Teachers are very important to the school RP server because the school is the central part of SRP with it being in the name without teachers there wouldn't be class making it just RP without school. Teachers also are very important because they help students prepare for college classes and exams so they aren't just useful for RP they also help people in SRP have jobs to make money in the first place as teachers are a big part of the jobs on SRP making them extremely helpful for the economy.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:
The lesson planning system the school works on is teachers and professors teaching many different types of classes with college having more variety. Without them, there wouldn't be anything to learn. SRP uses that type of lesson because schools need teachers to function.

Character Knowledge
Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. What do they look like? What makes them unique and different? What is their outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is their personality like?

What are their plans for the future? Her plans for the future are to be a well-known popular teacher that every student likes while still teaching everyone history. She also wants to make sure all the other teachers also like her and just be friends with everyone possible. Qiu is about 5'5. Her hair is white from her dyeing it that color. If you ever meet her she will have a nice warm smile at all times. She smells often of lemon and citrus. Her natural hair color is brown but she dyed it white to escape what happened in the town that night along with her outfit only ever wearing one outfit she would constantly clean. She has dark yellow eye contact however her natural eye color is a stormy gray.

Her parents taught her Japanese when she was a baby because that was a requirement to live in Japan and survive as a child. Her parents did expect too much from her just that she got a good job. Her father was Chinese which is why her name is Chinese because they went for a Chinese name for her while she looked more like her mother. Her father was Jia Jing and her mother was Kanna Jing after they got married Kanna's original last name was Ōshiro. Her parents were nice but what Qiu didn't figure out until later in life is that they were in a gang in their old town.
Qiu Jing doesn't get mad surprisingly the only time she ever got mad and sad was the night her parents died she was angry at first because they hadn't told her they were in a gang but then sad after they passed away that night. She also cried when she found the last note her parents ever wrote for her but Qiu Jing never really did cry unless it was about her parents. There was one time that didn't involve her parents that did make her cry in Karakura and that was when her one true friend Arlo disappeared she still to this day hopes he is still alive.

While some of the other teachers have gone through bad things Qiu is new to Karakura with a dark past following her with her hoping to escape from it. She tends to have fewer emotions than normal people with everything that happened to her. She still enjoys teaching despite some people thinking she doesn't as she never has a really excited voice unless it's a super important piece of history and something she loves doing. This doesn't make her unique but Qiu has never dated she is a lonely person with nobody that loved her in her adult life causing her to not understand love that much. Qiu unlike a bunch of other people in Karakura has no friends and nobody that would really ever talk to her.
Students- Qiu Jing cares about every student she teaches even if they don't like her class she will try her hardest to make sure everyone enjoys it even if they are a bad kid. She will give detention if she has to she hates doing it and wouldn't ever want to do it but she knows she has to even if the kids and her don't like it. Qiu knows what it's like to be a student that lived in a bad situation so if a kid were to ever ask for help she would try her absolute hardest to make sure that kid gets help.
Teachers- Qiu Jing while caring about the students a lot cares about the other teachers and professors just as much. She will try her best to talk to them as often as possible if they are down and if it annoys them she will leave them alone. like for students if any teachers are upset or in a bad place she will try to comfort them if possible if not she will try her hardest to get them help.
Both Qiu didn't have many friends growing up so she is just an awkward person that doesn't know how to make friends. While Qiu probably won't try to make friends with many of the students if they are nice she will try. She also doesn't know how to talk to other adults so she is awkward around teachers.

She is just awkward around people in general not knowing how to start a conversation because she kept to herself for a long while

Qiu's personality is that if you get to know she is a friendly, nice, and kind person trying to make her friends happy. If you aren't friends with her she won't try to talk to you outside of class unless you need help. She is not good at starting conversations and doesn't have any idea how to hang out with people as she spent her whole life studying history and math instead of making friends. While being shy she does usually have a warm smile on her face just keeping to herself. If she ever does anything wrong she will get nervous and have a small mental breakdown. But after that's over she will be her normal self while in the back of her head still judging herself for doing it in front of people.

Scenarios

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

She would kindly tell them to stop and if they keep doing that she would give them 3 warnings before giving them a detention for swearing because that is a reason to give them detention even if she never wants to give out detentions she would if she had to and swearing and cursing is not something that should be done in the school area and 3 warnings is plenty of chances for them to stop according to her.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?:
She would calmly tell everyone to sit down or she would kick them out of her class and if they weren't listening she would tell them to pay attention because this class was important as math was on the exam and they would need to pay attention so they don't fail and can get into college because she cares about everyone succeeding in life even if they won't pay attention to her she still will try to get them to pay attention

When in the teacher's lounge, how does your character act?:
She is relaxed sitting back she will try to make conversation with the other teachers asking how they doing or how their classes are going she would be happy the whole time trying to make the other teachers happy and comforting them if they are having a bad day and overall just being a happy and kind person to the other teachers even if they aren't nice to her.

Provide at least 4 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom:
/me
Qiu draws a picture of early Japan it's not the best drawing as she is not an art teacher she is a history teacher you can tell its Japan in the early years though she draws it quickly enough that you can tell it's rushed however she turns around to face the class pointing to a spot on the map asking what the place she was pointing was called
/me She turns to the loud class in a normal voice asking them to quiet down waiting for them to quiet down. When they don't calm down she yells to sit down not trying to sound rude just trying to get everyone to sit down.
/me When nobody answers her question she sighs "It's okay you don't have to understand everything" She calmly waits for another 3 minutes to see if anyone has an answer to her question
/me She turns around after explaining what the name of every place in early Japan was "Alright everyone come up to the front to collect the assignment" She has a warm smile on her face waiting for people to come up to the desk.
Backstory.
Qiu before her parents passed away was a really good history and math student taking many advanced history classes from grades 1 to 12 she also took a couple of advanced math classes but that was just for fun. What she was really passionate about was history she loved how Japan was full of old history and knew at a young age that she would love to travel around Japan learning its history of it her parents did give her a Chinese name when she was a little confused about but she didn't really care she was alright with her name. When they died she was about 19 she so moved around a lot not having much time to focus on studying because she was moving around a lot she took a 4 year break from taking history classes. However, when she was exploring Japan, she would learn tons of history from the people living in other spots in Japan. She may have not taken any history classes from 19-23 but she sure did learn a lot from the native people of Japan. Finally, when she moved to Karakura at 24 she knew despite being 24 she should probably get a full history degree getting her bachelor's degree in history from 24-25 sure she was a little bit older than everyone else but she didn't really care. Next was her master which in Karakura was easier as it was only another 2 years so she was studying more history going for her master in it 26-28 by 28 she had her master's are she was ready for the last part which was the PhD in it this was by far the longest as it would take 5 years for her to get it as you need to be really good at what you do to get a Ph.D. and usually it takes 5 years so this degree took her from 28-33. By 33 she had her PhD in History and would be ready to teach however she wanted to make sure she was ready to take another 10 years to study history to make sure she was ready for it. She spent those 10 years out of Karakura exploring all of Japan again getting as much history out of it as possible
Before Qiu's parents died she had a good life her parents cared about her they had quite a few expectations but they were never super high they supported whatever she wanted to do they just wanted to make sure she enjoyed it and was good at it. They were always nice when she was 1-16 years old but at 17 something about them changed. They always seemed a little distant barely paying attention to her or caring about what she had to say they would just agree with whatever and go back to sitting just doing nothing. Qiu was confused thinking maybe she just hadn't lived up to their expectations this started to make her a little bit sad and start to barely take care of herself over time her hair became a mess and like her parents, she didn't care about what was happening around her. But, Even if she was similar to her parents in that way there was still something off. Every day their health got worse and they would be sick while Qiu felt completely fine. One day they left the house without Qiu but she decided to follow them to see what was really going on with them when she followed them into a building that looked abandoned. Inside it was unlike the outside super clean and with no dirt. Just as she entered she suddenly realized this wasn't any regular building. This was a gang meeting building. But that wasn't enough for Qiu she had to know why her parents were getting sicker each day if only she knew what she would figure out later that day. She silently followed her parents into the main meeting place while they were eating food she went to the back where food was being cooked. She noticed the chef making food when she saw him put poison in the food. At last, she figured out that it was the chef of the gang who was poisoning them. But Qiu didn't tell her parents, why well simply because they hid this entire thing from her. Qiu went home that night knowing that it wasn't the right thing to do but her parents were criminals they brought this on themself. The only guilt Qiu felt for what happened that night is when in the night when they got home they slept. They never woke up that night. Qiu cried that night but she knew it was time to travel to distract herself from what she had caused. She spent those 4 years traveling around Japan before finally her life in Karakura
This was the best and worst few years of Qiu's life she never made many friends in Karakura from 24 to 26 she was studying history while trying to make sure she had at least some social life although it was very little. She kept the secret of her parents from everyone knowing that they would all hate her if she did tell them. Nothing much happened in these 2 years. However, during the time of her master's degree, she couldn't say something during the first year she watched a gang war where she watched many people nearly get shot some getting shot. Qiu kept a long distance from it not wanting to get shot herself. She saw a cop lose his leg which was the biggest surprise to her. During that year she also watched cops raid a house nobody saw her through. She wasn't popular or well-known in the town she was just a nobody and she didn't care as long as she could pass school and make some living for herself in Karakura. The 2nd year was worse Qiu met a fisherman named Arlo she never quite got his last name. He had told her about how he lost one of his eyes to some crazy person and he couldn't go back to the beach without risking his life. He said he knew that girl wanted to kill him. However, she had been arrested when Arlo told her one day that she had been bailed out. Qiu didn't love Arlo in any way just a friend kind of way so she cared about him not want him to get hurt so she made sure to protect him. The first year of her going for a Ph.D. was nothing special Arlo was still alive nothing bad happening to him. It was the 2nd year of her Ph.D. when he suddenly disappeared. To this day she still doesn't know what happened to him. She finished the rest of the 3 years she needed before she knew exactly what she wanted to be. A history teacher but first she knew she had to leave town to learn more about the history of Japan.
Qiu knew in order to prepare for her teaching history she would have to take a small break to travel more and learn more about the history of Japan. Her first year she just traveled around wildly not sure where to go. In the 2nd year, she decided to stay in the main city of Japan, Toyko. This was much different from Karakura every street was busy and usually with a lot more to do. This is where Qiu spent 4 years studying more history by asking locals and taking a few college classes. She did like Toyko but there was just something about Karakura that she missed with all the interesting things that happened there daily. Qiu loved the place she really did but Karakura was better so she left. She knew she wasn't ready for Karakura though so she decided to try one last place to learn. Her old town. She knew it would bring back bad memories but she had to go there to figure out what that gang was about. She did spend the first year actually studying history but she knew this was more important. She took a deep breath before entering the place. As she entered it was empty as if everyone had already left after her parent's death. She explored the place finally finding one last note left from her parents saying "Qiu no matter what happens to us we know you are smart enough to find this, We know you have always wanted to be a teacher please keep following that dream for yourself we will miss you, sweetie". After reading that Qiu broke down crying knowing it was somewhat her fault they died not telling them when they did care about her. She spent those last four years studying everything she could about Japanese history. Finally, she knew it was time
Well, it was simple how she became a teacher but let's start at when she first got back in town. After 10 years of studying, she knew everything she believed she could know about Japanese history. She began by buying an apartment with her savings it was nothing huge just a small 50,000-a-month apartment at complex L. She went to the school asking if she could talk to any teacher and she asked them for advice on how to apply. They gave her that so that's how she was able to write her first application. She put tons of effort into it really wanting this job she still hid what happened to her parents from everyone but she knew it wouldn't be long before she told someone. It still haunted her but she tried to let it go hoping being a teacher would help her enjoy life and forget about what happened. That is how Qiu applied to be a teacher

In-Character Information

SECTION #1 - Personal Details

Full Name (First & Last only)
:
Qiu Jing

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss):
Miss

Given Name(s):
Qiu Jing

Preferred Name:
Qiu

Age (Minimum is 27):

Religious Denomination:
None

Marital Status:
Unmarried

Nationality:
Japanese

Current Location:
Japan- Karakura
SECTION #2 - Academic Details

Working Experience (# of years):

Well, I believe I worked at a small shop in my old town for the 5 years I was there it was pretty nice and just helped me get by. I did apply to work at JOI-KON though so we will see about that!

Academic Degree:
Ph.D. in History

Year of Graduation:

Major(s):
History

Minors:
Math

Native Languages:
Japanese

Other Languages:
Greek

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?:
I do not I never taught any foreign languages

Extra
Additional notes about your application:

This isn't completely about the application but I don't know where else to put it but I'm trans so if my voice sounds male whenever in a vc that's why!

Last edited:

RexLobo

Level 104
Administrator
Lore Coordinator
Teacher Lead
RexLobo
RexLobo
Omega+
Accepted
Welcome to the Teacher Faction! You will begin as an Unqualified teacher (UT)

You will be given your roles in the Academics Discord and afterward will be pinged regarding teacher training. Once your training is complete, you will be allowed to start your own classes!

If you have any questions, please DM me or contact me through the teacher channels in the Academics Discord.

Users who are viewing this thread