players online

Denied zxxo's office manager application

Exphr

Level 6
In Game Name: zxxo

School Employee Role you are Applying For:
Office Manager

How often do you log onto the server?:
I am on the server every single day that I can be. On weekends I am on for long as I can, on school weekdays I am on for 3-4 hours when I arrive home. Even on days where I am busier, I try to get on at least once a day to have some time to enjoy. I have also been a long time player on this server, playing for almost 3 years.

Do you have discord?:
Yes I do, it is zero#4720 for reference.

Do you have a microphone?:
Yes, I do and it works efficiently as I am in many different calls on discord.

Have you ever been banned, If yes when and why?:
Yes, I have been banned for reaching the ban limit, excessive spam, minge, and ERP. However, during all of these bans, I was simply being immature and have learned from my mistakes and I do not intend to make these same causalities again. I believe I am more capable of responsibility and more cultured.

Can you ensure that you will often come on:
I can ensure that I will be active, as I enjoy playing on SRP in my free time and posses many friends that encourage me to be online more.

Do you recognize that you can be ICly fired?:
Yes, I do in fact recognize and respect this fact.

In as much detail as possible, describe the role of your chosen school employee:
Office Managers are responsible for a diverse set of administrative tasks. They must perform their duties with decisiveness and accuracy for a business to perform well. They posses the important job of managing the staff team that does work under them. They must ensure that everyone is doing their job quickly, efficiently, correct, and without much complications, as it would be their responsibilities that all of the office work runs smoothly. Additionally to the office work, they also must supervise the staff, making sure there are no complications or employee issues. They must make sure that the staff is behaving well and not messing around, cutting into work time. They also must guarantee that the staff is not participating in any informal affairs during the work hours and are always on task and being acting appropriately in front of the impressionable, young students. In reference to their own work, they must fulfill the duties of preparing the pay for all of the faculty, distributing assignments to the faculty, double checking all of the staff's work to make sure it was done correctly with no errors, training new staff members, attending many meetings to ensure everything is in order for the workers and the students, and manage the budget for the projects that must be fulfilled.

Do you have any past experience in this type of roleplay?:
On a different server, I have indeed roleplayed as a teacher. And although it was not on SRP, I believe I contain the qualities and the background to be able to adjust from a teaching roleplay to a managing roleplay. Not having much experience in OfficeRP is just more of a reason to want to join and be able to gain another asset and learn another form of RP.

What experience, in general, do you have in roleplay?:
I know all the rules and all of the basic commands on the server. I have participated as a student in many classes and have been involved in StudentRP when I was a high school student. When I become a college student, I became more capable and grew from my experiences in StudentRP, becoming an even better college student during college classes. I also have worked at as security, waiter, and cashier at places like Kiyoura Cafe and KFC, making me familiar in BusinessRP.

Are you familiar with what your job does? If so, describe it:
Yes, as an office manager I would manage the workflow for all of the staff that I am required to supervise, I would have to keep records, and also take up the responsibilities of the staff team for jobs that need a higher position to handle. Being a manager is a large responsibility because many faculty members would rely on my management to organize their work affairs. I understand that sometimes employees cannot completely live up to their positions and although that may create more work for myself, it is my responsibilities to make sure they do as much as they can, offering my help whenever it is needed. I also need to maintain positive relationships in the workforce, at the same time managing employee relations, making sure of no conflict that would affect productivity in the workforce. I would also have to make sure everyone is receiving fair treatment and is immersing themselves well in their work to improve productivity.

[Situations]

During a work shift a student starts cursing at you for being pathetic, how do you react?:
I would at first warn the student and to direct them to change their behavior before they will receive more than a verbal warning. I would try to have them emphasize with me and ask if they would enjoy being called pathetic, hopefully changing their mindset and presenting a much more positive attitude then before. However, if they do not comply, I would be forced to receive their name and report them to the principal for their inexcusable behavior.

You are doing a hazardous job requested by the School Principal, how do you react?:
I would indeed do the job that the principal requests for me to do. I would first question him and the work carefully, getting as many details as possible to defuse the harmfulness of the job. I would make sure all supplies I need would be present, including perhaps a first aid kit in case the job that is entailed does indeed get increasingly more dangerous. I would be wary and cautious, however still confident in my abilities because the principal would not have presented this task to me if he did not believe I could fulfill it.

Another school employee is doing something very dangerous on the job or acting out of order, how do you react?:
I would at first try to warn them of their wrongdoings and remind them of their responsibility as a faculty member. I would also try to tell them to be more careful because most jobs in schools are vital to the students being safe and if they continued acting this way, they could not only be fired but put innocent students in danger. I would remind them of the rules and the importance of their position and if they could not fulfill it then another capable person could. Lastly, I would report it to a higher administrative member of the staff team because even though I work with them, there are no exceptions for people who do not follow the rules if they already know them. If they are prepared to put themselves in danger knowingly, then they also must be prepared to get reprimanded. Hopefully, this teaches them to value their position more and also cause them to learn from their mistakes.

[IC section]

Applicant Name:

Ekon Fujii Kurami
Chosen Job:
Officer Manager

Motivation for Joining YHS:
My motivation for joining the staff team is to be involved in a new community and to ensure that others are following all of the rules and to help everyone that I can. I am familiar with the feeling of not having help when I have needed it and this encourages me more to my job with emotion, to perform better with some real soul in it. I want to make others happy and help contribute to the amazing cause that all the students are here for--to learn--all of these students are here to grow, learn, and develop more skills to be able to become productve members of society. To be able to contribute to that cause by managing staff and ensuring that all background work is done is truly heartwarming.

Why should you be accepted over the other applicants?:
I believe I should be accepted over applicants because I inherit certain qualities that is more desirable for an office manager. I find unique ways to assert my dominance, thus maintaining a large personality that is able to lead a group of people. Additionally, I believe I can also create and build meaningful professional relationships with the staff team that I will be managing. I possess effective public speaking skills that can help when communicating with students and staff members alike, I embody the characteristics of being able to learn from my past mistakes, remaining understanding and empathetic during harsh times, and also being realistic in a positive way when it is needed. I have impeccable listening and comprehension skills that make me qualified to ****yze and improve ways to act on a situation when in sudden and in unanticipated scenarios when it is needed to act fast. I believe this is what makes my persona more alluring to becoming an office manager.

Last edited:

Wolfenrath

Level 84

NOTICE
Greetings @Exphr,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time out of your day to apply for the school employee role of School Office-Manager. Unfortunately, today on March 8th, 2019, I will not be delivering you any good news. After thoroughly reviewing your application (several times, might I add), I have decided to deny your application. My reasoning(s) for such, provided below:

✴ Upon discussion with my fellow colleagues, we have ruled out that you would only use this role for other benefits.

e.g. Using your age to Gang Roleplay.

For any further questions in regards to your application (or anything for that matter), feel free to DM me on discord. (marc#1747)​

Users who are viewing this thread