HiMyNamesAaron
HiMyNamesAaron
Omega+
IGN: Aaron_0_0
DATE: 10/09/2023
WHAT YOU WANT TO SUGGEST OR MENTION:
Animal gestures!
HOW WILL THIS BENEFIT THE SERVER/COMMUNITY?:

Adding animal emotes like a dog rolling over for a belly rub to the SRP community, even when our characters can't chat, can seriously amp up the fun. Think of it like this: you're in the middle of a role-play, and your character can't speak, but they're over the moon with excitement or contentment. That's where these gestures come in! You can use a gesture to show your character's happiness or eagerness by having them do a cute doggy roll-over move. It's like a silent but expressive high-five to the other role-players.

These emotes bring a dose of realism to the storytelling, letting you communicate feelings without saying a word. They're like the secret language of the animal kingdom in the role-play world. Plus, they're a creative tool in your kit, helping you explore a bunch of character expressions and interactions, even if your character can't chat!

Classicalist

Level 88
-1, Some animals already have commands to do certain actions because they are in base Minecraft already. Unless Mojang themselves add this then I don't know if it's possible for SRP, for now use /me!

soratheonly

Level 55
Community Team
Event Team
soratheonly
soratheonly
Omega+
Possibly in the future this would be easier to implement into the game. However I don't believe that this would be easy especially with how the models work themselves. I'd just use /me, it'd be much more fun and definitely easier! Same thing as what Oz said as well.

philbertman42

Level 140
philbertman42
philbertman42
Notable
This is entirely doable, and shouldn't be much of a hassle to implement now that we have player gestures. The only difference between the two is the model being used, and unless SRP made the plugin from scratch, support will likely exist for non-player models as well.

And because this is an additional cosmetic perk, it makes perfect sense to add animal gestures as part of the animal whitelist package. I'd even say it's fair to charge a short fee for it, since additional gestures are already offered in the cosmetic shop.

I don't really see a reason not to implement this.

vehicle

Level 29
vehelic
vehelic
Rich+
+1/-1

-1, Some animals already have commands to do certain actions because they are in base Minecraft already. Unless Mojang themselves add this then I don't know if it's possible for SRP, for now use /me!
Lozzy's explanation is the reason why I don't believe it to be the best idea, though I do get how you think it'd add a bit more realism. Also... literally everything Alimonino said explains my support for it (AKA my lazy ass doesn't want to write it in my own words). It'd be fun, but if it's added to the cosmetic shop and some with animal whitelists choose not to buy it, /me will just have to do it.

KimiNoUso

Level 342
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Denied
Thank you for your suggestion! After discussing this with the team we have decided to decline it.

- This is currently impossible​

Users who are viewing this thread