mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Accepted Arawrous_Bear's Teacher Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arawrous_Bear

Level 10
IGN (In Game Name): Arawrous_Bear

Previous bans: Two bans. One for FailRP, and another that can’t be recalled.

Describe your activity on the server: Highly active. My Minecraft statistics state I get on on average 100 hours a week! But in an average day perhaps I would devote a minimum of 4 hours a day, If not then I would give reasoning.

Do you have TeamSpeak3? Yes.

Do you have a microphone? Yes.

List your current and past applications: P.E Teacher, Football Team.

What is your motivation for applying?: I love being a teacher on SchoolRP and teaching, It is fun for me to motivate the people that play to be involved in RP, and have fun. I had previously been teacher before, and I just can’t get enough!

Have you read & understood the megathread?
Yes, I have.

Summarize your previous experience (both in general and teacher wise): As mentioned before I had been a Teacher before on SchoolRP making my experience high. In which case I already know how to work with the students or anyone for that matter in a mature way. Also out of server activity I had helped kids in the past due to a program at my School. This involved being mature and handling younger kids than me. Therefore I would consider myself experienced in that department and eligible to be a SchoolRP Teacher.

List the ranks of teachers, starting from the bottom leading to the top:
Trainee | (Trainee)
Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)
Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)
Head of Department | (HD)

Have you read & understood the megathread that is in Roleplay Documents > Teachers? Yes, I have.

From your perspective as of right now, identify one thing you would change about the Teacher Group. Why would you change that? Honestly, The Teachers on SchoolRP are great, and do well at their job. Something I would consider to do is something, anything that would allow the teachers to have more freedom outside of school (Adults IC). Making their RP experience more joyful, allowing them the reassurance that the position they had pursued (Teacher) is less of a job, and more as fun. However this is my opinion.

KNOWLEDGE

Present to us your knowledge about Teachers in game and out of game, what purpose do they serve, what salary they get. Include a paragraph about the way teachers teach, what they do in there spare time in general. A teacher's purpose in-game and out would be to teach the kids an education following the proper curriculum. Also for more of OOC Teachers will teach the kids, etc but also provide them a set of personal learning skills, like adaptability, and responsibility, etc. The salary for a Teacher in Japan on average is 200k-250k a month . What a Teacher might do on their spare time is mark work that they had given to students, organize their classes (prep) and become more knowledgeable of the world. And of course to say the least they would relax and hang out with their friends like normal adults. However Teachers would show more maturity than the average adult, for example instead of going to a bar to drink they may go home and drink wine with a gather of friends.

Why are teachers important to a SchoolRP server: Teachers, in my opinion, are very important to the server. This is because, well, it’s SchoolRP! The easier way to look at it would to think of a School without Teachers? The School would then be held useless. This example shows that are Teachers are important in Schools, or in this case SchoolRP.

Describe the ranking system of teachers:

Trainee | (Trainee)

YOu will be like this for a few days.You will need to be in classes learning about the lessons, and make sure to know what the lessons, etc are about before helping with teaching.

Newly Qualified Teacher | (NQT)

YOu can start a lesson now! you can be more open to make mistakes. You MUST follow the lesson plans, and make sure to check and find out about new ones by checking with your HD.

Qualified Teacher Learning and Skills | (QTLS)

You can’t train Trainees but they can watch your class. You are qualified to teach on your own but to the extent of lesson plans you are given and have discuss with other teachers. You shouldn’t be making errors.

Head of Department | (HD)

The head lesson planner, and most unlikely position to surpass. You find yourself making lesson plans for your department and helping and directing other teachers.

What lesson planning system does the school work on?:

The lesson planning system works on Must, Should, Could. Must being the objective that will direct the students to what you would want them to learn. Should being what the students should take from the lesson, or the work they should complete. Could is what they might expand on, or extra work that comes from the lesson they COULD complete.

CHARACTER KNOWLEDGE

Tell us everything you know about the character you will be playing in a few paragraphs. How does he look like? What makes him unique and different? What is his outlook on Students? What about the other teachers? What is his personality like? What is his plan for the future? My character is a Female, age 25. My character has blue eyes Blonde hair. Her name Is Jessica, Bearrous. This is a Continuation of my previous character Josh, Bearrous.(Who was a P.E Teacher) She is unique because she is very nice, but like her brother (my other character) she has a temper and will let loose if she gets enraged enough. She is kind and caring for students and never hold a grudge against them. Her plans are to pursue her position and become P.E teacher like her brother.

SCENARIOS

You find a gang of delinquents in the hallway cursing and swearing, what do you do?:

I would tell them to stop. Giving them two chances, if the problem persists I would give punishment.

No one in your class is listening to a word you say, what do you do?

I would warn them once to not talk, again. And then if it persists in the class there will be a lecture, however if it persists in an individual then punishment.

When in a teacher lounge, how does your character act?

She is very kind does not fail to make a person smile. She will try to make conversation, and make sure that the room is lit up with happiness.

Provide at least 5 detailed /me's of your character inside a classroom.

/me Writes on board

/me Hand out papers.

/me points to <Student’s IGN>

/me becomes silent waiting for class to quiet down.

/me stands sassily glaring at <Student’s IGN> noticing they aren’t paying attention waiting for them to stop

BACKSTORY

Jessica Bearrous, 1991, April 15th. As soon as she was born she was active and energetic. Around the age of 2 she gained a temper. This was similar to her brother at the time who would be older than her. She wanted everything to be hers! Even her brother’s toys. But she could never have them. This angered her greatly. And this constant WANT to have anything or everything of her brother's fueled a dark side to her. Fast forwarding to around her age of 14. She was in the same school as her brother, and always saw him play sports and see him succeed is athleticism. This made her jealous because she thought to herself all she was good at was school work, math. This was unappealing to her. She needed to be like her brother. This led to her every night before the streetlights went out (when she needed to be home) she would go to a special field area where she would do many athletic things like, run, kick around a soccer ball, toss baseballs, etc. Should would do this almost every night, just to be better than her brother. One day her brother had made the soccer football team, and she saw him kick the ball in a way she hadn’t seen before. Such control and technique, all of which she couldn’t see herself having. She was really devastated, and jealous. She had to fake a smile because of all of her sadness. She thought she would be doomed to have to study things like math, or science. Things she found boring, and bland. Later in life her brother had moved on to go to Teacher College, and being younger than him she still had time to think of what she wanted to do. The first thing that came to mind was boring Biologist, Or mathematician something that would doom her dreams. But then all of the sudden, it sparked her, to just be what she wanted and do what she felt was necessary. She went to Teacher’s College, like her brother, and studied hard and did her best. In the end she came out as a successful P.E Teacher. Afterward she had to confront her brother about all of this, considering he would now be a P.E Teacher too. When talking to him she had told him about times where she saw him be better than her at sports, etc. He responded with “I don’t care what you do, In Fact I find it cool you admire me. It makes me feel more valued. And to me that seems pretty cool.” Jessica from the one found that she never wanted to be him, but rather she strongly looked up to her brother, and wanted to succeed, and be good at what she does like him. She Is now a happy P.E Teacher with a great role model. And she’d never have to fake a smile again.

IN CHARACTER

(Pretend your character is filling this out, not you)

SECTION 1: Personal Details

Full Name: Jessica Irene Bearrous

Title (Mr, Mrs, Miss): Miss

Given Name(s): Jessica

Preferred Name: Jess, Jessica

Religious Denomination: N/A

Marital Status: Single

Nationality: Japanese

Current Location: ShinoTaketatsu, Japan

SECTION 2: Academic Details

Teaching Experience (# of years): 1 year.

Working Experience (# of years): 4 years.

Academic Degree: Bachelor in Physical Education

Year of Graduation: 2013

Major(s): General Biology. Physical Education. English Language and Literature. Liberal Arts and Sciences, General Studies and Humanities.

Minors: Actuarial Math,

Native Languages: Korean

Other Languages: English

Do you have a TEFL/TESOL/CELTA Certificate?: No.

Preferred Teaching Subject: Physical Education

Additional notes about your application (if any):
None.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread