Discord Name & Tag:
sheridan_lee

Which timezone are you in?
AEST

List your current and past IC/OOC faction applications:

School counselor [ACCEPTED]
Psychiatrist [DENIED]

Describe your activity on the server:
I’m online for at least 5-6 hours every day, but due to school, work and my own mental health that changes sometimes.

What is your motivation for applying?:
I wanted to have another go at a faction after leaving employee, and KPD seems like a nice change of pace from faculty. I feel like it’d give me a lot more opportunities to do different rp that I wouldn’t normally get to experience.

What knowledge do you have of Police Work?
Police are responsible for keeping the order of Karakura. This includes upholding the law by arresting those who are a threat to citizens or the city, and going to whatever means necessary to keep everybody safe. They have to be fair, and put others in front of themselves. An officer needs to be dedicated to the department, following instructions directly and listening to those above them in rank and power, as well as devoting themselves to training and the requirements that make a good officer.

Inside of KPD, each officer has different responsibilities and access to resources depending on their rank. Every officer starts as a cadet, where they’ll be monitored closely and trained for 2 weeks. Once they’ve passed the exam at the end of their training, they can choose to move up in the normal branch, or transfer to the detective department, depending on how many spots are open. The ranks in the regular branch are Patrol Officer, Corporal, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, and Commissioner, while the detective department has Detective Constable, Detective Sergeant, Detective Inspector, Detective Chief Inspector, and Detective Superintendent.

Why is Police important to SchoolRP?
Police are important to SRP because they’re important to any oocly city. Without KPD, Karakura would be thrown into chaos, gangs running rampant on the street. People who are looking to stay away from gang/crimerp would have no way to really escape it if KPD wasn’t around to keep those gangs at bay, and gang/crimerp wouldn’t be nearly as entertaining as it is to the people who do enjoy it if there is no risk/adrenaline to it. It’s only realistic to have Police in SRP, but having KPD also makes factions like the Government function better, giving repercussions to trials and restraining order violations.

Do you acknowledge that if training is held whilst you are online, you are needed to attend or you will be punished?

I do.

In-Character (IC) Section

What's your character's full name?:
Nanami Tachibana

How old is your character (if accepted)?:

What are your character's gender and pronouns?:
Female, she/her

Please select your highest academic role at the time of writing this application:
(Grade-12/Bachelors/Masters/PhD):

Grade 12

What languages does your character know besides Japanese?:
JSL

Describe your character; how they look, what makes them unique?
Nanami is a 5’6, pretty average looking woman with long blonde hair and ocean blue eyes to match. She wears cochlear implants and speaks with a slight deaf accent.

How does your character act in a professional/casual situation?
In a casual situation, Nanami is decently childish and could be seen as slightly immature. She enjoys drinking, and having her own little grudges and dramas. However in a more professional sense, she puts herself before others when she needs to but stays very strong to her morals.

What is their outlook on the idea of co-workers & teamwork?
Nanami loves meeting new people and would definitely interact well with all her co-workers. The only issue Nanami would ever have with co-workers is that her morals often get in the way. She holds grudges easily, not letting things pass when she knows someone has treated her or another co-worker badly, although she wouldn’t let this get in the way of getting her job done. She enjoys teamwork, but she doesn’t like it when others in the team slack off and expect others to do their job for them, or when people overstep their position and think that they’re better than their co-workers.

What's your character's backstory?
Nanami’s life started in Germany, with the name Mia Meyer. She was hard of hearing from the very moment she was born, which was something that her father didn’t quite understand or believe in and that her mother just followed along with in fear of her father. Growing up was by no means easy, having to constantly comply with her father’s expectations while barely being able to register what was going on made her feel hopeless and miserable, and leaning on her mother for help was no help; she was heavily manipulated by Nanami’s father, leaving her practically mind-dead and her husband’s blind follower. Most of Nanami’s childhood is blurred in her memory, confusing pain that she’s terrified of repeating.

When she was 7, her 3 brothers were born. Even though she could hardly hear at all at that point, her brothers saved her. They gave her a reason to stick around and put up with their father, she figured that if she left, her brothers would suffer just as much as she had. She stayed around for 3 years, protecting her younger brothers with everything she had and making sure that their father would leave them alone, until it got out of hand. Their mother stepped in and defended the children for once, but it only angered their father more. He snapped at her, letting out his anger on his wife until she unfortunately passed.

Seeing all of this traumatized Nanami. She grabbed her brothers and ran, hiding them further in the house before grabbing 15k in cash and her passport. She looked back at her brothers before running out of the house, never to see any of them again. Once she got out of the area, she made her way to Japan where it would be safe. She got her name legally changed to fit in, and finally got the pair of cochlear implants that she had needed this entire time. Any trace of her previous life had been left behind, she knew that she couldn’t let her father find her again.

Years went by, her hearing slowly depleting until she was diagnosed as deaf. She put her effort into learning JSL, and used it whenever she could to get practice, making sure that if she was to ever come into the same circumstances she did as a child, she’d be able to find at least someone who would understand her and be able to help. She quickly took an interest in legal studies, going to school and spending a lot of her time reading up about it. When the time came she went to college, properly studying it and getting her degree, only to realize that being a lawyer was not what she was interested in.

Determined to find a place to properly settle in, she moved to Karakura, immediately falling in love with the community. She learnt her way around, speaking to multiple different workers in different places, but none really caught her attention as much as KPD did. She spoke to an officer, who showed her the kindness to sign for her and make sure she could understand just as well as herself. The officer gave her the courage to consider working for the department, especially after she checked up on Nanami outside of the station.

With the inspiration the officer had given Nanami, she devoted her time to trying to get into the department, submitting her application and waiting excitedly for the outcome.

General knowledge

Can you legally own a pocket knife in Karakura?
“No.”

Name 5 medical items that do NOT require a prescription
“Melatonin, Iron Supplements, Wooden Cane, Glasses, and Paracetamol.”

If you see your co-workers physically abusing an inmate, what should you do?
“I would let a higher up know what’s going on and definitely split up the fight. If my co-workers came for me or refused to stop, I would prepare my taser. Just because they’re co-workers does not mean they have the right to abuse inmates, they’ve already been caught. If either the inmate or my co-workers have injuries, I would get medical professionals involved, regardless of whether they were the ones assaulting or ones being assaulted.”

What should you do if you see your co-worker being assaulted?
“Depends on who is assaulting them. If an inmate is getting physical, I’ll separate the fight, using my taser to my advantage if need be, then let a higher up know what happened and make sure the inmate knows that that’ll add to their sentence. If it’s a criminal, I’ll still split them up and then arrest the criminal, making sure that all the proper procedures are carried out, and if it’s a co-worker assaulting them, I will report it to a higher up immediately and split it up yet again. In all circumstances I will get medical professionals if anyone is injured badly enough.”

What do you do if you find out that your co-worker is corrupt and is helping criminal organizations?
“Hmm.. Well personally I find even the idea of misusing your trust and abusing your power like that is disgusting and inhumane. But if I did happen to find out that one of my co-workers was working for criminal organizations and bringing corruption into KPD, I’d never try to handle that on my own. I would try to gather all the evidence I had without putting myself in unnecessary danger and take it to a trustworthy higher up as soon as possible.”

How would you react to a criminal trying to bribe you?
“I don’t personally need the money, so I would turn it down even if that wasn’t against my morals. But all jokes aside I would turn them down immediately and let the criminal know that that will be added to their sentence. If they keep trying well.. That’s a little stupid of them, but I would have to let a higher up know what’s going on for their opinion, and I suppose just keep adding it to the sentence.”

Hirathex

Level 252
Senior Admin
Black Market Lead
Police Lead
Hirathex
Hirathex
Omega+
DENIED
After having carefully reviewed your applications, the higher-up team has decided
to unfortunately deny your application to join our faction.

Why have I been denied?
We appreciate your efforts and your motivation to join our faction, but we have
made this decision based on the following reason(s)
Thank you for applying, however your application has been denied on the basis of your applications detail & reputation.

What can I do to increase my chances to be accepted?
The fact that you've been denied this time doesn't mean that you can't be accepted
anymore! If you're interested, below are some pieces of advice that could improve
your chances to be accepted during future application waves.
- Please use https://schoolrp.net/threads/police-kpd-equipment-information-more.49957/ to better expand your knowledge of what KPD does for your next application.
- We suggest applying for other factions / community teams to improve how other players see you and to boost your chances at becoming apart of KPD.

ADDITIONAL NOTES
Due to the large influx of applications, any DMs concerning your application
will be ignored or referred back to this response. Remember that this decision
is a collective agreement between all the higher-ups in the faction, meaning
that this decision hasn't been taken by one single player.

Users who are viewing this thread