mc.roleplayhub.com

players online

Color Codes for Non-Donor Ranks

Arocatula

Level 193
Arocatula
Arocatula
Rich+
Just give them the basic italic and bold stuff and remove the problems of "". Colors in general are the main push to buy ranks and ruins half of the purpose if given for free.

kustomzero

Level 134
circusjax
circusjax
Omega
Honestly, just in general being in a regular MC world you can use the Minecraft default colors. So when you join a server like SRP for the first time and try to use one of the default colors only to find out you have to buy a rank- to get access to these default colors that are already available outside these servers- is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. I think the non-donors should have access to all the default colors because it’s in MC and implemented. Same thing applies to the italics and bold and all that fun stuff. Now if non-donors wanted custom hex colors then that’s when the ranks come into play. Instead of making the ranks all about colors and cool chat features as the main priority- what about instead taking out the default color permissions from the ranks and give it to the public that’s already made for the public outside of MC servers. Of course keeping the custom color code feature as a perk in the ranks can stay. I just think making players buy ranks for something that is already made for the public and a Minecraft feature itself isn’t really nice. I’m sure there are other perks that can be added to the ranks besides default color codes. However, I do know with the colors being a top perk helps the server stay up and running due to people buying ranks. Though I still believe other perks can replace the default colors with something more. Maybe a certain rank perk gets you a custom item with your rank- and it’s only a one time item use.. just an idea that could help with replacing the color code feature perk with something more eye catching and wanting people to buy ranks. I’m sure there are other and better ideas than just this if the color perk feature were to be replaced by something else.

I also wanted to add when you go buy a rank it says you get access to “custom color codes” when in reality you’re just getting access to the default color codes. So if you really think about it- it’s not custom color codes. Sure you can still change your emotecolor to a custom hex instead of default with the ranks but my point still stands. Honestly the “custom color codes” wording should just be changed to “access to the Minecraft default color codes with an additional custom hex code feature” instead.

Last edited:

SaltyFollicles

Level 33
welovesalty
welovesalty
Notable
Honestly, just in general being in a regular MC world you can use the Minecraft default colors. So when you join a server like SRP for the first time and try to use one of the default colors only to find out you have to buy a rank- to get access to these default colors that are already available outside these servers- is kinda ridiculous in my opinion. I think the non-donors should have access to all the default colors because it’s in MC and implemented. Same thing applies to the italics and bold and all that fun stuff. Now if non-donors wanted custom hex colors then that’s when the ranks come into play. Instead of making the ranks all about colors and cool chat features as the main priority- what about instead taking out the default color permissions from the ranks and give it to the public that’s already made for the public outside of MC servers. Of course keeping the custom color code feature as a perk in the ranks can stay. I just think making players buy ranks for something that is already made for the public and a Minecraft feature itself isn’t really nice. I’m sure there are other perks that can be added to the ranks besides default color codes. However, I do know with the colors being a top perk helps the server stay up and running due to people buying ranks. Though I still believe other perks can replace the default colors with something more. Maybe a certain rank perk gets you a custom item with your rank- and it’s only a one time item use.. just an idea that could help with replacing the color code feature perk with something more eye catching and wanting people to buy ranks. I’m sure there are other and better ideas than just this if the color perk feature were to be replaced by something else.

I also wanted to add when you go buy a rank it says you get access to “custom color codes” when in reality you’re just getting access to the default color codes. So if you really think about it- it’s not custom color codes. Sure you can still change your emotecolor to a custom hex instead of default with the ranks but my point still stands. Honestly the “custom color codes” wording should just be changed to “access to the Minecraft default color codes with an additional custom hex code feature” instead.
srp players wondering why the server isnt well maintained while trying to remove every single feature that funds it

Popo

Level 42
DarkxWalker
DarkxWalker
Notable
srp players wondering why the server isnt well maintained while trying to remove every single feature that funds it
Gonna stop you there. In terms of funds, this server certainly profits a large margins from the daily donations made by various players— including large ones that occur on an often basis by people like cuddlesmeow & Erik Finster. The sustainability and maintenance of the server isn't degraded because of ‘the lack of funds’, regardless I disagree with kustomzero's point but wanted to clarify on this one.

Syukii

Level 12
+1 Colors aren’t really that serious to have, and if anything. People could earn having an actual CUSTOM color aka using hex codes by buying the rank instead the default + that.

Srp has gained a community over years and years and maybe it’s time to let some things free? Especially just the default colors. Profit will not lessen just because the default colors are free

Ecocide

Level 60
3Eco
3Eco
Omega+
-1/+1

its kind of a quality of life thing to give them at least access to &f and &7 like classic said. But like yonio said this kind of thing would decrease sales for SRP, maybe in the future when they get even more stuff to add to donor ranks this can be considered?

SaltyFollicles

Level 33
welovesalty
welovesalty
Notable
-1/+1

its kind of a quality of life thing to give them at least access to &f and &7 like classic said. But like yonio said this kind of thing would decrease sales for SRP, maybe in the future when they get even more stuff to add to donor ranks this can be considered?
i like this one yea
Gonna stop you there. In terms of funds, this server certainly profits a large margins from the daily donations made by various players— including large ones that occur on an often basis by people like cuddlesmeow & Erik Finster. The sustainability and maintenance of the server isn't degraded because of ‘the lack of funds’, regardless I disagree with kustomzero's point but wanted to clarify on this one.
fair point

wethecreature

Level 105
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
I'm not sure how the argument of "color codes" is all that funds the server holds up with my suggestion. I originally suggested implementing TWO color codes at the least. Two color codes (&f and a default color code (maybe &7) is going to make or break the server's economy

SaltyFollicles

Level 33
welovesalty
welovesalty
Notable
I'm not sure how the argument of "color codes" is all that funds the server holds up with my suggestion. I originally suggested implementing TWO color codes at the least. Two color codes (&f and a default color code (maybe &7) is going to make or break the server's economy
im referring to pretty much a lot of stuff thats been happening around forums, like the suggestion to remove /feed. i also suggested implementing 2 color codes if u read back ^_^

5SHU

Level 107
5SHU
5SHU
Omega
Cuddles had quit

wethecreature

Level 105
wethecreature
wethecreature
Rich
im referring to pretty much a lot of stuff thats been happening around forums, like the suggestion to remove /feed. i also suggested implementing 2 color codes if u read back ^_^
yeah, sorry, not you specifically, but overall people saying that. I was just responding to you LMAO

KimiNoUso

Level 343
Owner
HS Sports Lead
Developer
KimiNoUso
KimiNoUso
Omega+
Reviewed
Thank you for your suggestion!

- As this perk is solely for rank packages, we will be working on fixing the system that allows you to do message *action* message and have it display properly.​

Users who are viewing this thread